daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 3rd, 2017, 01:38 PM   #15141
haddockman

Likes (Received): 8

Does Spain grant citizenship to anyone born on Spanish territory?
haddockman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2017, 03:08 PM   #15142
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

AFAIK yes, why?

In this case is French citizens who born abroad... and they will be French providing they will be recorded in the administration located for that area. This is, not any council or so in the surroundings but consulate in Barcelona

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 03:47 PM   #15143
haddockman

Likes (Received): 8

I was just wondering if they did. I know that France and most other EU states do not grant citizenship unless one of the parents is already a citizen or long term legal resident.
haddockman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 04:08 PM   #15144
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddockman View Post
I was just wondering if they did. I know that France and most other EU states do not grant citizenship unless one of the parents is already a citizen or long term legal resident.
Sorry for misunderstanding... I answered conversely. No citizenship for foreign people who are born in Spain.

On the other hand, hospital urgencies and birth cares are given even if you are in illegal situation or you do not have right for them. They first offer them and later ask for papers and nothing happens if you do not have health care papers.

Moroccan citizens can cross border to Ceuta and Melilla and stay for a day and back home (and return tomorrow and so on...). That's why so many people are born there. Free and hospitals aren't big but give same services as any other one in mainland. As usual, two hospital days for a normal birth, five if caesarea is needed. Doctor, nurse and so on free and guess why you ask for main given names in those hospitals and they are Arabic ones.

But of course... they do not have Spanish citizenship even they were born in Spain (really, you will see a lot of strongly pregnant women in those cities, waiting for time for born)

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 06:21 PM   #15145
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

I've found something very interesting - it's an article from the acclaimed Vreme from Serbia in 1991, talking about the introduction of border controls between Slovenia and Croatia. I remember we were talking about it before on here, and no-one knew for certain when the controls were introduced.

Well - the answer - 8th October 1991.

http://www2.scc.rutgers.edu/serbiandigest/8/t8-6.htm
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 06:37 PM   #15146
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
I've found something very interesting - it's an article from the acclaimed Vreme from Serbia in 1991, talking about the introduction of border controls between Slovenia and Croatia. I remember we were talking about it before on here, and no-one knew for certain when the controls were introduced.

Yes i asked for it once. Thanks for sharing pal. Its quite late though since independence declaration in summer. Just 1 month before Vukovar fell.
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 06:48 PM   #15147
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 785

Quote:

The state army had the control over the borders, out of which they slowly withdrew and the local government started to implement its own control. That happened in my country also, along the border with Serbia (including Kosovo). But just after the army peacefully withdraw, the tanks departed to Bosnia.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 08:50 PM   #15148
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 3993

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
Yes i asked for it once. Thanks for sharing pal. Its quite late though since independence declaration in summer. Just 1 month before Vukovar fell.
Quote:
The Croatian referendum on independence was held in May 1991, with 93% of voters supporting the independence. On 25 June the Croatian parliament(Croatian: Sabor) proclaimed the Croatian independence. Seven days later, on 7 July, Croatia as well as Slovenia signed the Brioni Declaration in which the two countries agreed to suspend all declarations and acts passed by the Croatian and Slovenian parliaments related to those states' secession from Yugoslavia for a period of three months. During that time the Croatian War of Independence started.

On 8 October, the Sabor decided to end relations with Yugoslavia, in the Decision on the termination of the state and legal ties with other republics and provinces of Yugoslavia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indepe..._Day_(Croatia)
Alex_ZR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 09:46 PM   #15149
Eulanthe

Thank you Alex, it makes perfect sense that Slovenia and Croatia would have started to build border crossings on that day.

So - now the next challenge is to find pictures of these early border crossings between Croatia and Slovenia. Finding pictures of the borders with Austria and Italy is easy, but I'm struggling to find anything from the early 1990's between Slovenia and Croatia.

Any chance that anyone speaking a local language can look for pictures too?
Old April 3rd, 2017, 10:03 PM   #15150
Junkie
Supervisor

I found this pic. Dates from the summer of 1991.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:

piotr71, SRC_100 liked this post
Old April 3rd, 2017, 10:34 PM   #15151
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

I think it's the border with Italy at Pesek, near Trieste.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2017, 01:30 AM   #15152
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 3993

This should be near SLO-HR border in June 1991, 1 km from Bregana:

SRC_100 liked this post
Alex_ZR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2017, 02:17 AM   #15153
TEBC

Likes (Received): 5826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pak_Forever View Post
Pakistan - India Border

Ganda Singh Wala Border, Punjab, Pakistan

What is happening here?
TEBC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2017, 02:18 AM   #15154
TEBC

Likes (Received): 5826

Quote:
You should be fine. France is not an external EU country. Anyway, the extra control is now that you will be scanned in many databases and that can take some time.
what is an external EU country?
TEBC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2017, 10:03 AM   #15155
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEBC View Post
what is an external EU country?
I'm guessing he means an EU or Schengen country that borders a non-EU / non-Schengen country.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2017, 11:00 AM   #15156
tfd543

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
I'm guessing he means an EU or Schengen country that borders a non-EU / non-Schengen country.
you took the words right out of my mouth, yes. However I found out that its actually not just external EU countries like for instance Hungary-Serbia but also external Schengen countries. This means the Slovenia-Croatia border will also be regulated by this new act.
Old April 4th, 2017, 04:24 PM   #15157
Eulanthe

Quote:
you took the words right out of my mouth, yes. However I found out that its actually not just external EU countries like for instance Hungary-Serbia but also external Schengen countries. This means the Slovenia-Croatia border will also be regulated by this new act.
In theory, at least. In practice, there's no way they're going to scan and check every document at crossings like Macelj or Rupa in summer. It also doesn't seem likely that they'll scan every document at small crossings in towns, such as my favourite Rogatec/Hum na Sutli - where currently anyone with local plates and ID cards is waved through.

I suspect the rules will only rigorously be applied on external EU borders.
Old April 4th, 2017, 05:56 PM   #15158
tfd543

Quote:
In theory, at least. In practice, there's no way they're going to scan and check every document at crossings like Macelj or Rupa in summer. It also doesn't seem likely that they'll scan every document at small crossings in towns, such as my favourite Rogatec/Hum na Sutli - where currently anyone with local plates and ID cards is waved through.

I suspect the rules will only rigorously be applied on external EU borders.
Lets hope but people will still get sun-baked. Just ask them one by one at the Spain-Gibraltar border.
Old April 4th, 2017, 06:09 PM   #15159
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
I think it's the border with Italy at Pesek, near Trieste.
No. It has no security booths.

BEEN IN:
Old April 4th, 2017, 09:13 PM   #15160
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:

This is not surprising since that's when moratorium on independence activities ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
No. It has no security booths.
It does, but they aren't on the photo. As italystf said, it's the Italian border between Trieste and Rijeka. This was the same place:

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/in...?topic=24417.0

piotr71 liked this post
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways