daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 4th, 2017, 10:52 PM   #15161
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
Lets hope but people will still get sun-baked. Just ask them one by one at the Spain-Gibraltar border.
still possible southern: Spain-Morocco.

(still more: France-Brazil)

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2017, 02:29 PM   #15162
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2652

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddockman View Post
Does Spain grant citizenship to anyone born on Spanish territory?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
AFAIK yes, why?

In this case is French citizens who born abroad... and they will be French providing they will be recorded in the administration located for that area. This is, not any council or so in the surroundings but consulate in Barcelona
No that easy:

Quote:
Son españoles de origen
- Los nacidos de padre o madre española.
- Los nacidos en España cuando sean hijos de padres extranjeros si, al menos uno de los padres, ha nacido en España (se exceptúan los hijos de diplomáticos).
- Los nacidos en España de padres extranjeros, si ambos carecen de nacionalidad (apátridas), o si la legislación de ninguno de ellos atribuye al hijo una nacionalidad. En este caso puede realizarse un expediente en el Registro Civil de su domicilio para declarar la nacionalidad española con valor de simple presunción.
- Los niños nacidos en España de cuyos padres se desconoce la identidad. Se presumen nacidos en España los menores cuyo primer lugar de estancia conocido sea territorio español.
- Son también españoles de origen los menores de 18 años que sean adoptados por un español. Si el adoptado es mayor de 18 años, podrá optar por la nacionalidad española de origen en el plazo de dos años a partir de la constitución de la adopción.
Mas: http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Portal/...ionalidad.aspx

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2017, 09:27 PM   #15163
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEBC View Post
What is happening here?
I assume it's the border closing ceremony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v0RRA9mTa8
Old April 6th, 2017, 10:00 PM   #15164
bogdymol
bogdymod

This week I traveled from Austria to Germany (by car), then flew to Ireland, then flew to Scotland, then flew back to Germany and then drove back to Austria... so I crossed some borders.

Everything seems to be normal just days before the new Schengen control: the Germans are randomly checking the cars entering their country (I was not stopped), at the airports border crossing everything is as before etc...

We will see what happens from tomorrow on.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 04:02 PM   #15165
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Today heavy delays are reported from Slovenia-Croatian border mostly on both direction with waiting times up to 3 hours. All that outside any holiday season.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 04:46 PM   #15166
bogdymol
bogdymod

I have read an article that also at the border between Hungary and Romania the waiting times have increased. I will travel there next week...
Old April 7th, 2017, 04:52 PM   #15167
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Germany's Easter vacation started today. It is two weeks long so many gastarbeiters will return to their home country and the first wave of vacation traffic usually starts around Easter.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 04:54 PM   #15168
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Tomorrow morning, after a long time, I will cross a border pass.

Just Spain-France through Pyrenees.

After being a lot of years travelling for a long time for holidays by car or by plane but inside Spain (Canaries, thus, domestic flight), I think ten years since I went to Italy for a business travel and my wife a little more, being in Andorra.

HOPE NOT HAVING PROBLEMS OF CUSTOMS!!!!

Tomorrow morning, offline mode... I will tell on back!!

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 06:30 PM   #15169
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
HOPE NOT HAVING PROBLEMS OF CUSTOMS!!!!
Dude, Spain and France are both in the EU and Schengen Area, there's no reason for problems. Meanwhile there are huge delays between Slovenia and Croatia at over 10 border crossings. The worst I've read is 5 hours of waiting at Gruškovje/Macelj (Maribor–Zagreb)! It's insane, and meanwhile there are practically ferries from Libya to Italy.

Border crossing Obrežje/Bregana (Ljubljana–Zagreb):

http://www.rtvslo.si/slovenija/vozni...hrvasko/419223

Kunagi, SRC_100, GROBIN liked this post
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 01:08 AM   #15170
Verso
Islander

4.5 hours of waiting at midnight by Obrežje.

Even a local border crossing was clogged:

This was at Gruškovje:

Very suspicious family apparently:

Everyone out!

http://www.delo.si/novice/slovenija/...-cestah_1.html

Corvinus, simondanut, SRC_100 liked this post
Old April 8th, 2017, 02:17 AM   #15171
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Holy cow!

Also, Hungarian media report on important traffic jams and waiting times at Hungary's Schengen external borders. And not only for incoming, also for outbound traffic. At the Röszke motorway crossing, a waiting time of one hour was mentioned for entering Serbia. Adding to normal traffic, two German Länder also have school holidays, resulting in gastarbeiters en route. A higher spike still is expected for the Easter days.

The biggest jam was said to have formed at the Letenye-Gorican border, with many travelers bound to Croatia. Police have looked into the trunk of every exiting vehicle.

Brussels has mandated stricter outer border controls as part of combating terrorism. It is presumed that this will help track down radical islamists who are already EU citizens in second or third generation - such as the Paris and Brussels attack perpetrators.

http://www.hirado.hu/2017/04/07/szig...gnagyobb-dugo/

- Die Stem van Suid-Afrika

Verso liked this post
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 08:32 AM   #15172
bogdymol
bogdymod

I am member of a traffic group in Romania on facebook.

2 different members, not connected one to the other, have posted there today in the morning at 4 am and at 5 am, that there is a 2-3 km waiting line on the motorway at the border between Hungary and Romania.
Old April 8th, 2017, 11:20 AM   #15173
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
Brussels has mandated stricter outer border controls as part of combating terrorism. It is presumed that this will help track down radical islamists who are already EU citizens in second or third generation - such as the Paris and Brussels attack perpetrators.
Because they must be travelling between Slovenia and Croatia And if they got something to hide they must be using the regular travel channels Gotta love the bureaucrats.

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!

Kpc21, GROBIN liked this post
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 11:48 AM   #15174
Gyorgy

Likes (Received): 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
Because they must be travelling between Slovenia and Croatia And if they got something to hide they must be using the regular travel channels Gotta love the bureaucrats.
All drugs from Turkey and weapons from Balkan wars do travel via big border crossings not trough green border or small local crossings.

And it's logical, you look less suspicious, like "casual traveller", and police don't have time for every vehicle to look inside it.

Suburbanist liked this post
Gyorgy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 11:51 AM   #15175
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
Well, it didn't stop the next attack, the one yesterday in Stockholm. Just after improving the security at the EU/Schengen external borders.

How you can detect that someone is a radical islamist just by a border control? Does it stand in your passport that you are a radical islamist? I don't think so.

Not to mention that if they are EU citizens, they must be allowed into EU even without any documents.

Quote:
What did our government in Poland for protection against terrorism? Made it obligatory to register pre-paid SIM cards, so that their users are not anonymous any more.

As if a terrorist would use a phone with such a a SIM card for communication, instead of a black market one (you can buy an "already registered" one on auction portals), or just a foreign one, from a country where SIM registration is not obligatory.

By the way, in Germany the registration is also obligatory, but it seems it's not a problem to register a German SIM card under a fake name and address (you do it online, so nobody can check if you is you). In Poland you have to, at least, physically go to a store, or use your bank account for verification. Or another, already registered, SIM card.

Singidunum, Kanadzie, naruciakk, GROBIN liked this post

Last edited by Kpc21; April 8th, 2017 at 11:56 AM.
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 12:24 PM   #15176
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

Quote:
However, where systematic consultation of databases could lead to a disproportionate impact on traffic flows at a sea or land border, member states are permitted to carry out only targeted checks against databases, provided that this will not lead to risks related to internal security, public policy, or the international relations of the member states, or pose a threat to public health.
http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/pr...ernal-borders/

So what is wrong with the Slovenian/Croatian border police? Why are they causing "disproportionate impact on traffic flows" if the regulation tells them not to?

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 02:30 PM   #15177
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

I believe they are still in the "testing" mode. And a lot of people are already making weekend trips to Croatian coast so there is a lot of additional passengers.
Also there is not enough personnel on check points and even on largest bordercrossings there are only two or at most three queues for cars. I hope that they sort out those issues before Easter holidays coming week.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 03:27 PM   #15178
Verso
Islander

Quote:

So what is wrong with the Slovenian/Croatian border police? Why are they causing "disproportionate impact on traffic flows" if the regulation tells them not to?
They still have to scan every ID or passport, and Croats are doing it too.
Old April 8th, 2017, 05:11 PM   #15179
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

I was anticipating these jams and here we are. Its insane.

GROBIN liked this post
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 08:58 PM   #15180
MattiG

Likes (Received): 615

Quote:

Nothing wrong.

I do not believe a delay of 1-2 hours at the external borders would qualify as a disproportionate impact on traffic flows.

As the full text of the regulation tells us, the relaxation of checks is for exceptional cases only, and subject to a risk analysis and consultation with the European Border and Coast Guard Agency.

I am quite sure that in the current political and social situation, every such risk analysis would show red. Nobody living inside wants to drill new holes to the Schengen Wall.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways