daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 30th, 2017, 05:38 PM   #15721
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5090

New Bosnian border crossing near Ivanica opened on the border with Croatia on the Trebinje-Dubrovnik road, a very busy route during the summer holiday season

https://www.klix.ba/vijesti/bih/svec...ikom/170829027
nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2017, 05:47 PM   #15722
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 785

Where is the crossing to Trebinje on this section? What about the Croatian side are they in the same control tower with the Bosnian side?

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2017, 05:51 PM   #15723
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5090

Trebinje is to the north, Dubrovnik is to the south-west. Croatian police have a separate checkpoint

edit this is the best picture of the Croatian crossing I have found, on their side the border crossing is called Brgat Donji

Last edited by nestvaran; August 30th, 2017 at 05:57 PM.
nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2017, 08:25 PM   #15724
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Kpc21, SRC_100, nick.english.dept liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 12:09 AM   #15725
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

1:31:50 - Tripoint and railway crossing Tumangang (DPRK)

CSerpent, SRC_100 liked this post
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 12:23 AM   #15726
piotr71

[BiH][HR] Crveni Grm/Mali Prolog...Veliki Prolog

Italian and Polish Not, say, something like this: "zeleni karton"/"green card".

Limited traffick for the area of international border crossing Mali Prolog, whatever it means.

Croatian booth in the background.

A1 motorway in Croatia.

I followed national road D62 and after several kilometres reached unused border crossing in Veliki Prolog. It has probably been closed after Croatia joined EU.

This road would bring one back to Crveni Grm.

Junkie, MajKeR_, Corvinus, CSerpent, Verso and 2 others liked this post
piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 12:28 AM   #15727
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr71 View Post
Italian and Polish ...
Did they take belated revenge on the Habsburgs by partitioning the old Austro-Hungarian Empire?

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL

piotr71, darko06 liked this post
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 12:31 AM   #15728
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr71 View Post
Italian and Polish Not, say, something like this: "zeleni karton"/"green card".
Green card... Do you need only for Bosnia? For example I cannot exit nor enter my own country without so called green card for my vehicle. But what is interesting is that only a few countries in Europe need this... Balkan countries and like Russia, Ukraine, Moldova...

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
Old September 4th, 2017, 12:47 AM   #15729
piotr71

Blue VW parked by the white shed carries British number plates. From my experience I can say, that obtaining green card from any British insurer for Balkan countries is practically impossible. It is though, possible to buy, so called, "granicno osiguranje" (border insurance) for BiH. In Macedonia they call it "granicno osiguravanje' (correct?) Its prices vary from 20 to 50 euros for a week. If it comes to Polish insurers, most of them provide green card without extra charge, which makes the sign written in Polish sort of intersting.

Last edited by piotr71; September 4th, 2017 at 12:55 AM.
piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 12:58 AM   #15730
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

With my insurance I'm allowed to drive in all Balkan countries, except Albania and Kosovo.
It's valid even in Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Turkey, Tunisia and Iran.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 01:20 AM   #15731
piotr71

Green card system does not operate in Kosovo, anyway. There is always need to buy third part motor insurance for foreigners there.
Old September 4th, 2017, 01:21 AM   #15732
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Green card... Do you need only for Bosnia? For example I cannot exit nor enter my own country without so called green card for my vehicle. But what is interesting is that only a few countries in Europe need this... Balkan countries and like Russia, Ukraine, Moldova...
Insurance companies in the EU, EEA and Switzerland are subscribers of so-called multilateral agreement that in practice liquidates a need of having any extra proof of insurance validation. While having a car registered in one of them, one proves having valid insurance, as it's obligatory in all of them. Another European countries (e.g. Bosnia and Hercegovina or Macedonia) are subscribers of so-called green card agreement, so they agree any European insurance document while proved by the green card. Getting a green card from insurance company is free, but if someone don't get it from domestic one, then has to buy it at the border. As I've heard, Bosnians do the business with this, like Slovenians with vignettes.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 10:52 AM   #15733
eeee.

Likes (Received): 1168

We once forgot to take the green card to a Balkan road trip (2012). The fees at the borders were quite different.

I can't remember the exact figures but something like:
Macedonia: ~40-50€
Bosnia: ~5-10€
eeee. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 01:48 PM   #15734
bogdymol
bogdymod

I drove few weeks ago from Austria through Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia until Montenegro, and back. Each time I entered Montenegro and Bosnia they asked me to show the green card (which I already had as it is included as a standard in my car insurance).
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 02:23 PM   #15735
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 3990

Drivers from Serbia need green card when travelling to: Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Turkey, Israel, Iran, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Tunisia and Morocco. In January 2012 Serbia joined multilateral agreement of 32 insurance bureaus in Europe, which abolished need for green card in most of Europe. Also, green card is not issued for free in Serbia, it costs 2000-3000 RSD (17-25 EUR) depending of insurance company.
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 02:32 PM   #15736
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
With my insurance I'm allowed to drive in all Balkan countries, except Albania and Kosovo.
It's valid even in Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Turkey, Tunisia and Iran.
Yes but you are European. For example I can't exit nor enter any country without green card which is valid also for whole continental Europe including Russia...
But the thing is in the Balkan countries this is the biggest scam, because the state makes millions of cash and border its citizens if they want to go to some neighbour country they must get this.
In my country the scam is the same as in Bosnia because we need the insurance card from private company to register the vehichle plus like 100 Euros for green card (which is not for free like in civilized world). So we pay double insurance to travel out of here!
Also for Albania you don't need separate insurance green card is valid there, but not for Kosovo.
Unfortunately Macedonia and Kosovo have signed bilateral agreement and we don't need their insurance and our own is valid.

BEEN IN:
Old September 4th, 2017, 03:37 PM   #15737
Junkie
Supervisor

This must be it:

BEEN IN:
Old September 4th, 2017, 05:28 PM   #15738
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

My insurance has Albania and Morocco crossed out.
For Serbia and Cyprus, it says 'only areas controlled by the government', i.e. not Kosovo or TRNC.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 05:41 PM   #15739
Junkie
Supervisor

In my Green Card I have whole Europe with Albania included. Only Kosovo is not member of that association because it is not recognized as a country from that association so this should be possibly solved out in the future.
And they make big money on the border because almost everyone needs insurance that is only sold there, if you want to enter.

BEEN IN:
Old September 4th, 2017, 08:06 PM   #15740
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 890

I have held car insurance with three different companies in the UK, none of them gave me a green card, just a piece of paper I had to print off telling me where the insurance was valid. Two of them allowed me to drive in the EU+EFTA and Andorra etc. and the other one allowed me to drive in Serbia as well.
DanielFigFoz está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways