daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 3rd, 2017, 12:32 AM   #16041
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Police is usually more worried about one or another issue depending of origin. This is... should they know where the flight come, they know problems they can have.

One person working on an airport explained me next situation:
Flight: Bogota-Madrid. A lot of hours on the aire. Company sends Spanish police list of people in the plane. They check all the list and find one Spanish that had been there only for three days. It could be a short visit to a relative, even a fatal visit or so... but regarding its incomes, ticket was payed by another person several days ago (not a sudden trip) and it costed more than his incomes the previous year!!!!

As soon as he arrived to Madrid, no worried on documentation but direct to a strongly freight check.... and "something found".

In your case, they surely would check for fresh food (no problems if cans) and forbidden goods (like drugs, weapons, smuggling....) and really I reckon not much.

Passports?. They will have a list of passengers and will know which flights give problems for passengers and entry (where to focus all officers) and where they can have lack of control.

About police... they are two corps indeed. Passport would be in dark blue, freight in light green, both national corps but different name.

I had a friend who worked as an officer in Reus airport (mainly season flights for beaches). He said it was messy-blessy... national police for passports, civil guard for baggage, Catalan police for safety inside airport and, should you do not park correctly, fined by local police of Reus!!!!!!

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2017, 07:18 PM   #16042
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 795

My flight back then was from another euro country, so I was stamped in the first point of entrance. That's why my document was not checked in Spain (?). But I know there is a control specially for luggage no matter where you come from I have seen this throughout Europe...

I don't know whether some of you are asked about how much money you bring but once I was asked this. I know there are quotes for a day you have to have specific amount per day for tourist visit.... And this happens only on airports probably.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2017, 10:45 PM   #16043
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post

My flight back then was from another euro country, so I was stamped in the first point of entrance. That's why my document was not checked in Spain (?). But I know there is a control specially for luggage no matter where you come from I have seen this throughout Europe...
Not because a country from EU but for Schengen area. This is, coming from Iceland, Norway, etc... will be passport-free. Coming from Ireland will require passport control.

About luggage there are two issues. First... no "open food" is allowed because safety (anything fresh in a long journey... not good for health). They really do not care too much in this point. I remember watching a TV program where someone came from a Middle Asia country. He wasn't allowed to import "fresh" fish or so but he had a can of some food... and an officer said... "it is not open and has a label. Should it be legal in his country, no matter". Not many problems in that way.

But depending of countries you can have different taxes and people can import tobacco, alcohol and so on, thus controls...

I live in a city with a lot of railway traffic but barely flights... and in the arrival terminal they say "all passengers coming from Canary islands may declare goods like...". This is, they are more worried about some domestic flights than from any other one from the other country in Europe.

Quote:
I don't know whether some of you are asked about how much money you bring but once I was asked this. I know there are quotes for a day you have to have specific amount per day for tourist visit.... And this happens only on airports probably.
To enter... they try to avoid illegal work. People who come with a touristic visa, or who says he's going to stay for a week and remain longer to work.

I remember that once, with a disease, they made controls in the border, just cleaning car wheels... but at the same time they glanced cars... and found a van with people coming from far away. They said they were on tourism but had no money to live... or they say where they will go to live and call hotel to check that a book was done, etc... It is only in that way
To take out the country, maximum 10.000 euro. Should you have 10.001 euro and do not declare you are in a trouble because blackmoney

Old October 3rd, 2017, 10:46 PM   #16044
bogdymol
bogdymod

A new border crossing has opened between Romania and Bulgaria (Lipnița – Kainargea) has been opened today:

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2017, 11:09 PM   #16045
Junkie
Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
To enter... they try to avoid illegal work. People who come with a touristic visa, or who says he's going to stay for a week and remain longer to work.

I remember that once, with a disease, they made controls in the border, just cleaning car wheels... but at the same time they glanced cars... and found a van with people coming from far away. They said they were on tourism but had no money to live... or they say where they will go to live and call hotel to check that a book was done, etc... It is only in that way
To take out the country, maximum 10.000 euro. Should you have 10.001 euro and do not declare you are in a trouble because blackmoney
About the maximum money without declaring so how come if Spain has no physical border with France (?) can you go out with more than that money. If there is no control where you should declare this money? For example no border so some guy might import or export big load of cash
Or maybe you go to police station to declare before exiting?

About the diseases I think I don't need any certificate only if I bring pet maybe? I think pets need deasese certificate, once I saw one woman who was refused entry because of her dog. But I am not sure what was the reason of the dog.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
Old October 4th, 2017, 12:05 AM   #16046
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
About the maximum money without declaring so how come if Spain has no physical border with France (?) can you go out with more than that money. If there is no control where you should declare this money? For example no border so some guy might import or export big load of cash

About the diseases I think I don't need any certificate only if I bring pet maybe? I think pets need deasese certificate, once I saw one woman who was refused entry because of her dog. But I am not sure what was the reason of the dog.

Coming from France (or Portugal) it is really matter of opinion and I do not know how you should deal with. This is, in any airport you can go to "something to declare" but when you have no booths or so... I really do not know.

Anyway, you come from a country where they belong to BCE, for instance. What I do not know is if you shouldn't carry it, but make a bank transfer (free within EU) or what you may do.

It is a case to ask a specialized person, indeed

Old October 4th, 2017, 12:06 AM   #16047
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6791

Quote:
But I am not sure what was the reason of the dog.
You mean you don't know why the dog wanted to cross the border together with her?

For sure to go to some tropic countries you must get vaccinated against tropical diseases and you need a certificate of this vaccination.

Concerning the dogs, you usually need a certificate that it's vaccinated even if you travel with it on public transport, at least in Poland.

By the way, also a muzzle is required, which is sometimes a problem as it is difficult to get a muzzle that fits on a bulldog, for example. Or on a pug.

Actually, crossing the border with a pet sometimes requires some additional procedures. Like a quarantine or a chip. And a pet also needs a passport, even if it travels within the EU and Schengen. Those passports are issued by vets.

By the way, googling for photos of such passports, I found two that were not only filled in in Polish only instead of English, but there was the same Polish spelling error in both "szyji" instead of "szyi" ("of the neck" - in the description of the chip location, e.g. "left side of the neck" - should be "lewa strona szyi" not "szyji").

Junkie liked this post
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2017, 08:24 AM   #16048
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpc21 View Post
You mean you don't know why the dog wanted to cross the border together with her?

For sure to go to some tropic countries you must get vaccinated against tropical diseases and you need a certificate of this vaccination.

Concerning the dogs, you usually need a certificate that it's vaccinated even if you travel with it on public transport, at least in Poland.

By the way, also a muzzle is required, which is sometimes a problem as it is difficult to get a muzzle that fits on a bulldog, for example. Or on a pug.

Actually, crossing the border with a pet sometimes requires some additional procedures. Like a quarantine or a chip. And a pet also needs a passport, even if it travels within the EU and Schengen. Those passports are issued by vets.

By the way, googling for photos of such passports, I found two that were not only filled in in Polish only instead of English, but there was the same Polish spelling error in both "szyji" instead of "szyi" ("of the neck" - in the description of the chip location, e.g. "left side of the neck" - should be "lewa strona szyi" not "szyji").
I've got a dog and I've got it chipped as I wanted to issue a passport for it. I've travelled the whole Balkans and the only officers that wanted to see the passport were those from Macedonia. Anyway, it is true that the dog must undergo a health check and get a stamp into the passport.

I haven't crossed any border crossing with my dog by public transport, but within Slovakia, no document is necessary. In most provisions the dog must be leashed and have a muzzle. The dog is not allowed to travel in first class railcars and as for the second class, in case of express trains (not local, consisting of second class cars only), the dog may be travelled only in compartments and all passenger present must agree therewith.

volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 11:24 PM   #16049
Nikkodemo
¡¡Pueblaball!!

Likes (Received): 87697

https://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/newsc...x-1024-900.jpg

Instagram: nikkodemo_
¡¡¡11 Años en SkyscraperCity!!!

SRC_100 liked this post
Nikkodemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 01:58 AM   #16050
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Good Canadian steel (Algoma), protecting America from Mexicans
It's NAFTA at work!

CSerpent liked this post
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 12:03 PM   #16051
VITORIA MAN
on skycrapercity

Likes (Received): 14404

protecting America from Mexicans
i dont find it funny !!!
VITORIA MAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 03:08 PM   #16052
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Mexico belongs to America continent

thus... protecting United States of America from United States of Mexico

(and also, do not find funny)

Old October 6th, 2017, 09:51 PM   #16053
abdeka
Algerian moderator

Likes (Received): 13282

Quote:
Hamila Duty Free to open first store on Tunisia-Algeria frontier

Hamila Duty Free is to open Tunisia’s first land border duty free store at Maaloula on the frontier with Algeria next year. The company captured a ten-year contract after the government liberalised its Customs rules to allow the border retail channel to open.

Hamila Duty Free will open a large complex that includes a duty free store in 515sq m of space, three smaller boutiques, a food court and other services. The crossing is the busiest between the two countries, handling 1.5 to 2 million travellers per year.

Deputy General Manager Laroussi Sfar told The Moodie Davitt Report: “The crossing serves mainly Algerians who come to Tunisia for leisure or business. The formalities on the border can take around three hours so we are providing a space for people to relax, eat and shop, with facilities for families with children too. This is in fact the first land border shop in the region.”

https://www.moodiedavittreport.com/b...eria-frontier/

Visit the ALGERIAN FORUM
abdeka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2017, 12:49 AM   #16054
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Within the EU, you can carry as much cash as you want, there's no need to declare it.

The only issue comes when crossing some borders, such as the San Marino-Italy or Monaco-France borders that are wide open and don't have any facilities at the border. In this case, you need to call the relevant Customs agencies and ask them how to proceed.

I've actually seen a control by the Italian financial police on the Vatican City border - they were stopping obviously wealthy tourists to make sure that they weren't taking large amounts of cash over the border.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2017, 01:07 AM   #16055
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Within the EU, you can carry as much cash as you want, there's no need to declare it.

In case of duty free areas you may declare them. As said... in domestic flights within Canary islands and mainland all passengers must declare goods... (only apply to over rate and avoiding taxes. Things for personal use is out of those taxes and should you do not fill your baggage with tobacco and alcohol, there are no problems)

Old October 7th, 2017, 02:34 AM   #16056
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
Mexico belongs to America continent

thus... protecting United States of America from United States of Mexico

(and also, do not find funny)
In English, there are two continents in the Western Hemisphere: North America and South America. "American" is really the only word that works as an adjective for the United States or a noun for its people. Canadians (as far as I can tell) have no problem with that.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2017, 10:50 AM   #16057
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
In English, there are two continents in the Western Hemisphere: North America and South America. "American" is really the only word that works as an adjective for the United States or a noun for its people. Canadians (as far as I can tell) have no problem with that.
Something similar occurs in Europe too. I've been witness of numerous situations when someone use the adjective "European" and the other person did not know whether this word is related to the EU or the whole Europe.

Old October 7th, 2017, 12:23 PM   #16058
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
Matter of opinion

and so on... and when we say "north" and "south" and it is not an administrative region (country, state, region or so on)... it is like if my brother said me he came yesterday from "Northern Europe" (and obviously he had been in a country located in the north side of European continent)

When I studied geography,
- North America... until Yucatan peninsula (thus Mexico partially in North and Central America)
- Central America... since Yucatan until Panama channel (thus Panama city is in south America) plus all Caribbean despite islands were quite near to south or north America... thus Bahamas or Trinidad and Tobago belongs to Central America
- South America, since Panama channel to Tierra del Fuego

In addition.... one island belongs to the nearest continent it has. That makes Hawai as part of Oceania, Greenland (and therefore Denmark) part of North America, and the two islands that are even Russian and US between Alaska and the last corner of Russia... I really do not know.

Moreover yesterday some matches for football world cup in 2018 were played and... Northern and Central America are joined in this case.

That's the point of view of geography where it doesn't change because political reasons but remains.
Another point of view is the political map, where we join all countries together and can find something weird (and makes us writing in this thread, for instance) but it is as things goes.

Anyway... in English is real the world America is used mainly for "north America" and to say "south America" we may hint... but let's remember which is the second native language in the world and the.... by far... more spoken language in the whole continent.

Old October 7th, 2017, 12:57 PM   #16059
volodaaaa

In Slovakia we distinguish between:
continents ("kontinent") - based on differences in physical geography, predominantly on lithospheric plates and
parts of the world* - based on cultural differences.

Therefore there are the following continents:
- Euroasia
- Africa
- Australia
- North America
- South America
- Antarctica

and the following parts of the world:
- Europe
- Asia
- Australia and Oceania
- America
- Antarctica
- Africa

Old October 7th, 2017, 01:11 PM   #16060
Junkie
Supervisor

You guys now talk about continental borders

afaik I say in Europe generally many countries are considered as not part of it because of political reasons. For example Russia is off although it has an enclave that's pretty nicely settled in continental Europe. On the other hand you have the Balkans and Caucasus (?).
The Balkans is clearly in the middle of Europe but is forgotten world because of political reasons. Now Caucasus is very suspicious. At least if its part of Europe and for exampe Georgia is considered as European land than Mount Elbrus should be the highest point Sorry FRANCE/ITALY

BEEN IN:

Tags
highways, motorways