daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 16th, 2017, 08:47 AM   #16101
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
I've heard that
  • Romania is checking upon exit of foreign-registered vehicles if these have a valid mandatory road toll sticker (required for entire road network)
  • Albania is collecting fines issued to foreign-registered vehicles upon exit (unless these have already been paid in the country)
Can someone confirm?
I dunno. But apart of this, I heard that in Serbia they are able to check the time the route took you and evaluate if you were following the speed limits. Allegedly it works for border crossings and toll booth. Can someone relate?

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2017, 02:29 PM   #16102
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 3993

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
I dunno. But apart of this, I heard that in Serbia they are able to check the time the route took you and evaluate if you were following the speed limits. Allegedly it works for border crossings and toll booth. Can someone relate?
Old October 16th, 2017, 02:35 PM   #16103
alserrod
Bienvenue Ó Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post

There was one tolled motorway in Spain where they had few traffic. People were used to congestions and, when new motorway opened someone thought it was free to run as much as possible.

No possible to fine because booths due to no radars... but I heard one worker advicing one driver he had got the record driving there (just looking ticket when paying).

About border booths... let's remember not all border have boots (even if passport control), but it could be a nice point to put a strech radar for a while...

(JosÚ A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 03:02 PM   #16104
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdeka View Post
Algeria and Mauritania will open a border crossing in the coming days.

http://aa.com.tr/en/africa/mauritani...akchott/934241
why have they put old Mauritanian flag in front of their president?? isn't that kind of nonchalancy and sloppiness?
Old October 16th, 2017, 03:34 PM   #16105
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
There was one tolled motorway in Spain where they had few traffic. People were used to congestions and, when new motorway opened someone thought it was free to run as much as possible.

No possible to fine because booths due to no radars... but I heard one worker advicing one driver he had got the record driving there (just looking ticket when paying).

About border booths... let's remember not all border have boots (even if passport control), but it could be a nice point to put a strech radar for a while...
You don't seem to get me right: I am not talking about speed cameras. I am talking about the timestamp assigned to your vehicle at every point of road infrastructure. Thanks to these timestamps you are able to calculate your average speed and there is no excuse to have this average speed higher than the general speed limit (or average speed limit). But I just have heard that, never read.

Old October 16th, 2017, 04:10 PM   #16106
alserrod
Bienvenue Ó Saragosse

I got you. I just pointed that didn't know if there's a toll booth but, obviously it is a perfect point to get a timestamp and calculate average speed.
And border booths can be useful too

Obviously you need a second site to calculate exit timestamp. And... the problem might be that speed limit must be the same. Should it... it could apply, of course.

I just hinted in a case that a worker glanced a ticket, saw the entrance time and calculated he had been fastest car had ever seen... but not official, thus not fined.

Custom booths?. Well... should they are in motorways or so, they are fine. In roads, maybe not so much sense and let's remember we will need another infrastructure to calculate speed.

Anyway...
https://www.google.es/maps/@41.60888...2!8i6656?hl=es

An electronic pannel that timestamps entrance there. 3,2 km later timestamp again

(a relative was adviced but not fined in the first 15 days when they were under regulation. Obviously it is easy.... 120 km/h there in 3.2 km or fined... and be sure people decrease speed.... and remain 120 for a while because most of them do not know where it is calculated)

Old October 17th, 2017, 12:14 AM   #16107
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Why? Is quite normal behavior of the border police and customs there.
Well, it is a Schengen border, which means that checks should be done on exit. Gibraltar not caring about who leaves is their decision, but the infrastructure on the Spanish side simply won't cope when the border becomes a true external EU border. Even if they simply stop all non-EU citizens, it's going to cause carnage.

Quote:
Why should a country care who is leaving the country unless you are searching for someone important? This is of interest of the destination country. So, Spain and UK are not checking, when you leave the country and checking when you enter the country.
Spain is checking on external Schengen borders who is leaving - for instance, in airports, or in ferry terminals. It's standard Schengen procedure for exit checks to take place - the UK is just being strange by not having exit controls, though there are some exit controls carried out by the ferry/airplane/Eurotunnel sending information.

Quote:
This is how it's handled on nearly every border, at least in Europe.
Exit controls are common on external Schengen borders. For instance, you won't get to leave the EU on the eastern border without getting your passport scanned these days.

Quote:
And since Gibraltar is not part of the European Single Market, Spain has to make customs controls there. And other hand, Gibraltar can freely choose to check or not.
Those customs controls are not routine though, as I've seen no-one in the passenger Customs building before, and it's nothing special to see no-one present in the car lanes.

I'll go again tomorrow so I'll see how it works then, but as it stands, controls are very very loose there compared to the Andorran or Moroccan borders.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 08:07 AM   #16108
volodaaaa

Talking about border crossings: any new info on the Luhansk and Donetsk republics or Crimea?

Still burned tires in the middle of the road accompanied by torn up flag and soldier with a rifle?

Kanadzie liked this post
Old October 17th, 2017, 05:30 PM   #16109
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

I've just made a trip from Denmark to Hungary through Germany, Chech Republic and Slovakia. I haven't showen my pas to anyone and not even been stopped what so ever.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 05:49 PM   #16110
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
I've just made a trip from Denmark to Hungary through Germany, Chech Republic and Slovakia. I haven't showen my pas to anyone and not even been stopped what so ever.
Did you go through M15 at Rajka ? Have they started the upgrade to 2x2 ? How was the D1 in CZ after the overhaul at some of the sections ?
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 05:36 PM   #16111
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Spain is checking on external Schengen borders who is leaving - for instance, in airports, or in ferry terminals. It's standard Schengen procedure for exit checks to take place - the UK is just being strange by not having exit controls, though there are some exit controls carried out by the ferry/airplane/Eurotunnel sending information.
The airline companies may want their customers to be checked, in order to make sure they have the right to enter their destination country. (If they don't have that right, the airline must take them back, which is bad for business in case the returning flight is already fully booked.)

The airport of origin provides this checking as a service to the airlines (and obviously charges them for it). Airports, in turn, are often run by governments or governmental agencies.

So: if it seems like the "country" of origin performs checks at the airport, this is not necessarily resulting from the politics of that country.

If the UK does not perform exit checks itself at its airports, then the airline companies may need to do so themselves at the gate, if they so desire.
Old October 18th, 2017, 06:32 PM   #16112
haddockman

Likes (Received): 8

The main reason they check is to stop people from selling tickets to other people.
haddockman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 07:46 PM   #16113
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6756

But to confirm that, it's enough to check just the ticket with any document with a photo... And do it only once. Even at the airplane entrance (which must be done anyway to ensure the passenger isn't boarding a wrong plane).
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 08:26 PM   #16114
bogdymol
bogdymod

From personal experience, after almost 150 commercial flights:

Airlines always check your ID card/passport to match the name on the boarding pass. They also do this on internal flights (I flew internal flights in Romania, Germany, UK and USA, and have been always checked). This is to prevent another person flying with your ticket.

Upon check-in (bag drop), or if electronic check-in, upon boarding, they always check your travel documents (ID card or passport) to make sure that you are allowed to travel to the respective country (for example by having a visa, or just a valid ID card or passport if visa is not required):
- when I flew to USA, on the airport in Europe, before reaching the boarding gate for the plane outbound to USA, I had my USA visa checked
- when I flew between a Schengen country and UK (or vice-versa), I had no issues as I am EU citizen and my passport was enough. However, I noticed that people from other countries (I remember China, Thailand and some African countries), who needed to have either a UK or Schengen visa, got these checked.
This is to prevent people flying to a certain country where they need a visa, but they don't have one. The airlines must fly them back home and they incur a fine for allowing such a passenger in their planes.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 08:35 PM   #16115
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 785

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
- when I flew to USA, on the airport in Europe, before reaching the boarding gate for the plane outbound to USA, I had my USA visa checked
You must have been checked prior to your depart to USA because as I know your country is on the visa list for USA.

Quote:
This is to prevent people flying to a certain country where they need a visa, but they don't have one. The airlines must fly them back home and they incur a fine for allowing such a passenger in their planes.
Thats why they (must) have checked you before your boarding to USA.
Same happens for me if I try to go to UK on a low cost flight I need visa there and they are always searching visa's even on the police exit not just the airlines.
Police is asking if I have visa. I haven't been to UK but I know this and its also not enough to have the low cost ticket for UK. And what is the logic for those who dont have visa but only low cost ticket and try to board??

ôThe Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 08:46 PM   #16116
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

I flew quite a few times in Europe when they didn't check my ID at all.
Not when I entered the airport and not at boarding.
I only had to show/put my boarding pass on the scanner to get to security, then again to board...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 09:07 PM   #16117
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
You must have been checked prior to your depart to USA because as I know your country is on the visa list for USA.
I flew to USA from both Budapest and Madrid. At both airports, before getting to the gate, there was a special passport check and everyone had to go through it and present their passports. If they didn't need a visa they could pass, but if they need a visa it was checked and only then you could pass. This way they made sure that everyone boarding the plane for USA had the right to go there.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 09:43 PM   #16118
alserrod
Bienvenue Ó Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
From personal experience, after almost 150 commercial flights:

Airlines always check your ID card/passport to match the name on the boarding pass. They also do this on internal flights (I flew internal flights in Romania, Germany, UK and USA, and have been always checked). This is to prevent another person flying with your ticket.

In addition, should they have everyone controlled with name and photo, they will pay less to insurances

Old October 18th, 2017, 09:49 PM   #16119
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 785

What I wanted to say is that police is doing boarding ticket checks not just for proof for travel but for visa issues. Beside the airline. And the airline is doing checks because they have to return you back if you cant legally enter the destination that's why they do checks because of costs.
Once I have been asked if I have another ticket from Istanbul but and the officer claimed that many people hide their second ticket.
Now when I used to have one visa for Europe and I was always asked and detailed checked on exit even the officers were interested in papers that to ask as to if I have money, insurance and work.

ôThe Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 11:13 PM   #16120
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6756

But at the departure, how can the police/border guard know which plane - to which country - you take?
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways