daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 20th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #1841
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

I love it, no more waiting in your car for hours. I wonder if Croatia will also join Schengen the moment they join EU, or that they're gonna wait a few more years like RO/BG.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #1842
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Quicklier indeed, but still boring
Old August 21st, 2009, 02:45 AM   #1843
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

Croatia will not join Schengen at the moment they will join the EU. Slovenia is even lately intensively upgrading it's border control points with Croatia. So, I guess Croatia will join Schengen with Romania and Bolgaria.
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 09:21 AM   #1844
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijanec View Post
Slovenia is even lately intensively upgrading it's border control points with Croatia.
Hmm, I haven't really noticed it, even MK plates before me only had to show their passports, nothing else. I didn't saw a single car that was checked beyond a quick glance at the passports. And that for an outer Schengen border. I think the SLO-HR border is by far the easiest to get through as an entrance/exit from Fort Europe.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 09:43 AM   #1845
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Hmm, I haven't really noticed it, even MK plates before me only had to show their passports, nothing else. I didn't saw a single car that was checked beyond a quick glance at the passports. And that for an outer Schengen border. I think the SLO-HR border is by far the easiest to get through as an entrance/exit from Fort Europe.
A few years back they didn't even chceck my passport when i went rhrough it, the guy just waved his hand and showed me to go ahead.

But hungarian border police (also Schengen border) is another thing. Hate those guys at the customs.

Bulgaria is scheduled to join Schengen in 2012.
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:02 AM   #1846
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Uhm some time ago I read that due to problem of corruption in Bulgaria, EU threatened to postpone Schengen for the country.
eucitizen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:31 AM   #1847
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
sometimes they have larger checks. those at Macelj are experienced and if you are nto suspicious, you will pass smoothly. but at smaller border crossings where officers are bored they often check what do you have in your car
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 01:52 PM   #1848
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13101

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
Uhm some time ago I read that due to problem of corruption in Bulgaria, EU threatened to postpone Schengen for the country.
Well, the new interior minister said recently that he will make a check what the proggress with Schengen is, as the department that was supposed to work on that topic didn't do anything in the last three months. He will then inform the EU what is the situation and if we will be ready to enter Schengen in 2012. There is still time, more than two years and if the new government is working well I don't think there will be such a problem with corruption.
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 02:12 PM   #1849
babareebu serb

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkodemo View Post
Awesome and sad image....
Yes,but without such border a half of Mexican citizens would be today in USA,we in Serbia made such mistake and now have a problem on Kosovo,where thousands of Albanians immigated there,and look on that situation...Israel also made such a border with Palestine,and now problems with terrorism are less for 90%!!Only EU receive every year millions of asylants from Asia,Africa,and with their demographic bomb(6,7,8 children)will be ethnic problems in near future!!
babareebu serb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 02:20 PM   #1850
babareebu serb

[QUOTE=Nikkodemo;26084298]Awesome and sad image....[/QU

In USA they know very well how tom keep their borders strong from illegal immigration,but look what is happening in Europe,illegal immigrants from all over Asia and Africa come every day,and all members MUST receive that asylants,for example in Lybia is momentaly waiting about 2 millions of Africans to transport in Europe,till Italy,Malta,Greece or Cyprus(they are waiting also in Turkey coast,but in Morroco also)...
Old August 21st, 2009, 02:39 PM   #1851
babareebu serb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post

Dunno, but I'll check

edit: you might be either fined (15 - 150 €) or inprisoned for up to 3 years when it was by using force or a trick. And don't forget that Russians won't welcome you...
This is not border with Russia,it is from www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/b002.jpg
Old August 21st, 2009, 04:49 PM   #1852
babareebu serb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
Line of trucks waiting to get into Russia from Estonia: Sometimes truck drivers have to wait 10 days to cross the border.

It is not a true,mostly fruits from Serbia is exporting to Russia and Baltic states(your Estonia,too),and truckers wait max.2 days on border with Russia,but convoys of trucks are about 1000 or more,so any border control in EU couldn*t do import papers and spedition busy..For example entry in Hungary for trucks from Serbia is a couple of hours,because it is entry in EU and Hungarian Customs work very lazy!!
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:20 PM   #1853
babareebu serb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
There must have been a long time ago, but I cannot remember ever have been controlled at the Belgian border. Schengen exists since 1993, but the Benelux (Belgium-Netherlands-Luxemburg) union is older. I know that sometimes there are some checks (especially at the end of the year when some fireworks in Belgium is sold which is legal there but illegal here).
But I have never been checked.
Stupidity!Schengen exist from1997!And after 1999 to Scandinavia,and 2009 to east European EU!!Also now is Switzerland and Liechtenstein in Schengen,too!
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:34 PM   #1854
babareebu serb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino S View Post
Slovenia is not part of Austria
Of course we always learned in school,part of Slovenia is in Austria(Kaernten),and Slovenes living there don*t have equal rights as minority.But that is right,only progress is in a few years ago..
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:35 PM   #1855
babareebu serb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
When you move into that castle, you're really the King of Austria, Verso
He is fooler!Slovanac ti si prevarant!Smanji malo laganje!
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:45 PM   #1856
babareebu serb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo_B2 View Post
some more pics of USA-Mexico-crossing...

[IMG]http://i36.************/2nsqs15.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i33.************/xarlmw.jpg[/IMG]

it is possible to jump over,you don*t have a double wall as it was in DDR,and a mine field inside!!This wall is stupid,that is not a real border!!
Old August 21st, 2009, 07:57 PM   #1857
mgk920
Nonhyphenated-American

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by babareebu serb View Post
it is possible to jump over,you don*t have a double wall as it was in DDR,and a mine field inside!!This wall is stupid,that is not a real border!!

That wall was installed because too many people were crossing from Mexico to the USA (from right to left in the images) at places other than the official crossings. It is one of the few places in the World where the 'First' World and the 'Developing' World bump directly into each other.

There are also genuine worries in the USA about the long-term political and economic stability of Mexico and there was a real possibility of a total collapse there about 20 years or so ago (think: 'millions of refugees streaming northward'). The ongoing Drug War is also a potential destabilizing factor in Mexico.

That said, the cultures and economies of the two sides are fast becoming more and more like each other and the presence of a 'hard' border there is becoming increasingly absurd - and it would not surprise me at all if someday that border would completely disappear, even within my lifetime.

Mike
mgk920 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 08:10 PM   #1858
Chris_533976

Likes (Received): 27

I think eventually countries will see how well Schengen works and dissolve borders. US/Mexico is a tough one but really having a border between US and Canada is silly.

Imagine having a border nowadays between France and Germany. The mere thought nowadays of border checks and visas etc there is crazy.
Chris_533976 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 08:15 PM   #1859
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Stupidity!Schengen exist from1997!And after 1999 to Scandinavia,and 2009 to east European EU!!Also now is Switzerland and Liechtenstein in Schengen,too!
Liechtenstein isn't in Schengen yet. First countries implemented Schengen in 1995, Scandinavia in 2001 and eastern EU in 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area#Membership

Quote:
He is fooler!Slovanac ti si prevarant!Smanji malo laganje!
You can see the border on the pic, and Austria behind it. Also, Austrian Slovenes chose to live in Austria on a referendum instead of in dictatorial Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes.

And use Multi-Quote next time:
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:23 AM   #1860
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18764

CRO-SRB border crossing(don't know the name of the place )

SRB-BUL border crossing at Dimitrovgrad-Kalotina

Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways