daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 23rd, 2015, 05:29 PM   #261
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

I think Radko wants to know when each 2x2 (or better) road in Belarus was built in order to create an animated map showing construction progress by year.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2015, 09:00 PM   #262
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19362

I found a little ferry for Republican Road R90 (Cyrillic: Р90) across the Berezina River near Paryčy (south of Babruysk). It's one of the few ferries in the main road system of Belarus.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 10:32 PM   #263
radko

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I think Radko wants to know when each 2x2 (or better) road in Belarus was built in order to create an animated map showing construction progress by year.
exactly, but i really think that map is not possible in every year. My imagine: continue maps, for example 1985, 1992, 2005 and so on Or one map with colour stripes motorways, for example green 1985, blue 1992, red 2005 and so on.
I wanted to create U.S.A. (on-line only in 1953), China, Japan (mainly Tokio's elevated road), Thailand, Saudi Arabia (for very more 3x2 highways) but i haven't luck. Information (on-line maps, text...) is very little. Dream evaporated, totally break-up
radko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 10:38 PM   #264
radko

Likes (Received): 3

You find on-line Britain, France, Germany, Czech-Slovakia (1970-2013)

ivanych liked this post
radko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 02:14 PM   #265
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2080

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
6 October 2015

The first 23.7 / 27.0 km (conflicting reports) segment of the MKAD 2 - second ring road of Minsk, Belarus opened to traffic today. It runs from M3 to R28 along the northern side of Belarus. It is a 2x2 120 km/h motorway. Belarusian sources quote the number as 'M14'.

http://eng.belta.by/president/view/p...ic-85935-2015/

http://news.tut.by/society/467299.html
Your 2nd source says 28km. It's the section b/n M3 and P28. I measured the length on the map and I think it's really 28km.

The 1st source (EN) reports about the next completion b/n P28 and M6 till 1st January 2016 and b/n M6 and M1 till 7th November 2017.

The 2nd source (RU) reports about the next completion (of the entire 46.8km section, that means M3-M6) till 1st January 2016. If I got it right, remaining works must be completed till 1st January 2017.

Quote:
Напомним, МКАД-2 строят в два этапа. Первый из них — от автодороги М-3 Минск — Витебск (район Острошицкого городка) до автодороги М-6/Е 28 Минск — Гродно (район Аксаковщины) протяженностью более 46,8 километра — будет реализован в 5 очередей. Он должен быть введен в эксплуатацию до 1 января 2016 года. Вся трасса — до 1 января 2017-го.

Сегодня дорожники покажут президенту участки 1-й, 2-й и начала третьей очередей строительства: с нулевого до 28-го км будущей МКАД-2 (от автодороги М-3 Минск — Витебск через Н8955 Семков Городок — Казеково до Р28 Минск — Молодечно — Нарочь).

google translated:
Recall Ring-2 built in two sections. The first of them - from the highway M-3 Minsk - Vitebsk (district Ostroshitsky town) to the highway M-6 / E 28 Minsk - Grodno (district Aksakovschina) stretching over 46.8 kilometers - will be implemented in five phases. It must be put into operation before 1 January 2016. The entire route - until 1 January 2017.

Today roadster show President portions 1st, 2nd and beginning of the third stage of construction: from zero to 28 th km of the future Moscow-2 (from the highway M-3 Minsk - Vitebsk through N8955 Semkov town - Kazekovo to P28 Minsk - Molodechno - Naroch).
Is there any news about the section announced to be opened by the end of 2015?

I found a news article from 9th December confirming that it's expected to be opened by the end of 2015, Google Maps and OSM have recently added the route too!

Is there any source wheather it's really open for traffic and when it was opened?

Is there any info about the next sections, are they really u/c and what's the estimated completion date?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2016, 10:14 PM   #266
ChrisZwolle
Road user

An 85 kilometer segment of M10 will be upgraded with a PPP concession based on availability payments. This is the first PPP in Belarus.

The article doesn't state where this 85 kilometer segment runs. M10 forms an east-west route across southern Belarus. The projected cost is $ 350 million.
The road reconstruction project will be the first in Belarus undertaken on a PPP concessional basis. The concessionaire will design, build, operate and maintain the motorway section and in return receive an availability fee from the Belarusian authorities. The tender is expected to take place in H1 2017. The project envisages the reconstruction and upgrade of an 85 km section of the M10 motorway, an international transport corridor and an alternative route between the EU, Belarus, Russia and China. The reconstruction is expected to double the traffic capacity, increase the maximum axle load (the total weight of a vehicle ‘felt' by the roadway) to meet EU standards, and reduce travel times. The road upgrade is likely to cost a total of around $350 million.
http://eng.belta.by/economics/view/e...ct-91191-2016/
Old May 30th, 2016, 09:17 PM   #267
ChrisZwolle
Road user

New Google Earth imagery dated 11 May 2016 shows that R23 is being widened to 2x2 lanes down to Slutsk, a distance of circa 30 kilometers. That will create a four-lane highway from Minsk to Slutsk.
Old September 7th, 2016, 05:59 AM   #268
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7664

Belarus to triple financing for MKAD-2:

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2016, 04:21 PM   #269
ChrisZwolle
Road user

MKAD2 to M6 northwest of Minsk is planned to open to traffic this month.

Here are some photos from a few months ago.

Source: http://auto.tut.by/news/exclusive/516513.html

The second stage from M6 to M1 is also under construction.

A map:

Google Earth imagery dated 29 August 2016 shows the M1-MKAD2 interchange, quite advanced.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Maks33, Luki_SL, keber liked this post
Old December 26th, 2016, 05:32 PM   #270
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Makes me a bit depressed....for 30 years we can't finish one motorway ring road around Belgrade, while our Slavic brothers to the north are completing their second ring ... different mentality, I guess.

Quote:
23 December 2016 07:01
2nd Minsk Ring Road officially launched

Yesterday’s opening ceremony of the 2nd Minsk Ring Road was attended by President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko.

The 2nd Minsk Ring Road is a modern four-lane highway spreading for a total of over 150 km around Minsk. Attending yesterday’s opening ceremony, Alexander Lukashenko was informed about the implementation of his orders on Minsk Ring Road-2 construction, as well as about Belarus’ transport infrastructure development prospects. As stressed by the President, in addition to the construction of major highways, special attention should be paid to local roads – a plan on modernising them will be prepared shortly. The President also talked with the labour collectives of road-building contractors.

The President drove a new section of the highway in a new city bus, familiarising himself with the technical characteristics of the highway.

The implementation of the large-scale project has allowed providing a bypass route for transit flows. Besides, the transport artery will become an additional stimulus for developing Minsk’s satellite towns.

Some good footage here:

Pansori, Sentilj, webeagle12, Maks33 liked this post
Old December 26th, 2016, 07:19 PM   #271
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2054

The information re: opening of 2nd Mińsk Ring Road is albo here http://m.eng.belta.by/president/view...ic-97423-2016/
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 10:31 AM   #272
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Copied from the Int'l border crossings' thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
And now an info about the Lithuanian/Belarusian Šumskas/Loša border crossing. It is now (since Friday) available for all people and open 24 hours. However, you may drive through only by car or by bike, not by bus, truck nor walk through. (source)

More info on the Lithuanian and Belarusian border guards' office.

I think this is the 1st time Belarus and an EU-country open a fully international border crossing without customs officers, only with border guards! This means you may not cross here if you have something to declare!

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2017, 11:14 PM   #273
bartosz_berlinka
A1, A6-berlinka muszą być

Likes (Received): 407

Do any of you know, or know where to find the answer, what is this path?
This road was been building in the late 30's. But it was not finished until 1941.
Why did the Soviet Union need this road? I only know that it was not the only one investition like this. Only for the war preperaing?
Today, only the part of this path is used as a normal road.

http://fotserv.pl/?topic=load&image=1491077194-2.jpg
Old April 1st, 2017, 11:27 PM   #274
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It looks like a railroad to me.

Though it is interesting how straight many roads are in Belarus. There is a stretch of R1 from Kobryn to the northeast that has no real curves for more than 100 kilometers.The road from Babruysk to Mogilev is also straight for almost 100 kilometers.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 04:32 PM   #275
bartosz_berlinka
A1, A6-berlinka muszą być

Likes (Received): 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
It looks like a railroad to me.
Rather not the railway line (because it goes parallely), but exactly the car (tank ?) road.

The part of the german map from 1943. Scale 1:300 000 :

Besides see this
http://www.mapywig.org/m/Russian_and...1937_greif.jpg
and this
http://www.mapywig.org/m/Russian_and...1937_greif.jpg
Old April 12th, 2017, 05:17 AM   #276
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

"How to restore Belorussian roads?"

Old April 18th, 2017, 02:28 PM   #277
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Sorry for quoting myself, but I'm afraid in the original thread this post will get lost among loads of others

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
(...)This Sunday I went to BY there and back for the 1st time this year.

I drove through Medininkai/Kamienny Loh, where it took me around 30min. to cross because of the formalities I will describe below.
I came back through the Loša/Šumskas border crossing, about which you will find more info a couple of pages back. It took me 15min. Strangely, I was checked more in detail on the BY and not on the LT side

Of course, on the Belarusian side they must complicate everything, even when they have simplified something
As a reminder, this used the Loša/Šumskas border checkpoint used to be a local one, which means basically only people living very close to the border line could cross it and it was open only a few hours during the day.
Since February, it is open for anyone that drives a car, a motorcycle or a bike. One specificity of this border crossing is the absence of customs officers. Only borderguards are present.
This is the procedure I had to go through:

1) At Kamienny Loh, I had to make a 3-month temporary import declaration for my car (which means I don't have to fill that every single time I drive to BY ). It costed around 2 EUR. Without doing this, you CAN'T cross at Šumskas/Loša.

2) When I drove back through Loša, they told me on the Belarusian (Loša) side:
- When driving towards BY, I can't bring ANY kind of alcohol. Solely personal stuff.
- When driving towards LT, I can bring, as usual, up to 1L of strong alcohol. The quantity of vegetable/fruits I can bring from the village is limited to 5kg (& up to1kg of each sort)

3) On the Lithuanian side (Šumskas), as I am not a border zone inhabitant, they confirmed me I can bring up to 10L of fuel in a jerrycan as usual. They are aware of what I can/can't bring to Belarus through Loša, which means if you bring something that can't cross the border at this point, Lithuanian borderguards deny access to the Belarusian side.

A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!

Last edited by GROBIN; April 18th, 2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old June 15th, 2017, 02:45 PM   #278
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

This Sunday, I came back from Belarus with my bikes behind the car. It was the 4th and ... last time so far I cross through Loša/Šumskas like this.
One of the Belarusian border guards showed me a law text that states you can cross with a bike ... as long as you are ON it at such border checkpoints (= without customs officers).
They let me through for the last time and told me to avoid this border checkpoint with such loadings as long as there is no customs. (they told me they have been promised customs officers from July 1st onwards, but they are unsure it will happen)

Old June 19th, 2017, 03:29 AM   #279
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 746

bikes like bicycles?
Old June 19th, 2017, 02:54 PM   #280
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6909

They just follow the law (albeit not common sense)
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
belarus