daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 9th, 2011, 09:50 PM   #121
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr71 View Post

It's even more complicated for Poles. For certain reasons,
spelling of some Belarusian, Ukrainian or Lithuanian places must be as far different from Polish name as possible.
How would you say that?
Vidzi Laitschinskia....maybe?
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #122
TheCat
IsraCanadian :)

Likes (Received): 6

Vidzi Lawtschinskia
Old April 7th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #123
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19362

Someone already mentioned it in the trucking thread, but Belarus and Russia have already abolished border controls since April 1st. Kazakhstan is due to join by July 1st to form the Customs Union of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia

See also Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customs...tan_and_Russia

Belarusian law website:
http://law.by/work/EnglPortal.nsf/0/...8?OpenDocument
MINSK, 1 April (BelTA) – The Transport Inspectorate of the Transport Ministry of Belarus abolished traffic control at the Belarusian-Russian border on 1 April. Transport control will be exercised at the external border of the Union State.

According to the inspectorate, in accordance with the Belarusian-Russian intergovernmental agreement on transport (road) control at the external border of the Union State, when a vehicle en route to Russia crosses the Union State external border and enters the territory of Belarus, Belarusian transport control authorities exercise transport control required by Belarusian laws and implement a number of agreed actions.

These include the examination of the weight parameters and dimensions of the vehicle for compliance with Russian standards, and the data specified in the special permit for transportation of large and (or) heavy cargo on the territory of Russia. The Belarusian transport authorities also check if a carrier has a permit to travel through the territory of Russia, if it corresponds to the type of declared shipment and also the compliance of the characteristics of the vehicle to the requirements provided in such permit. They also check the availability of a special permit for transportation of bulky, heavy or hazardous goods on the territory of Russia, and the availability of transport permits from third countries to Russia. Besides, the Belarusian side gives the carrier a coupon if the shipment is carried out without a permit to travel through Russia, and also in cases if the shipment is carried out in accordance with a multilateral permit.

In accordance with the agreement, if the Belarusian transport authorities detect irregularities in the controlled parameters of a vehicle, the absence of the necessary documents or irregularities in the documents, they issue a driver a notice of the deficiencies identified and advise him on the documents to be obtained before arriving in the territory of the other side. They also advise a carrier on the checkpoints on the other side, considering the route of a carrier, where a carrier must present proof that the discrepancies in controlled parameters of the vehicle have been addressed, and (or) the documents specified in the notice.

After getting such a notice a carrier must get a confirmation at the Russian checkpoint that the irregularities were eliminated. The vehicle can leave the territory of the Union State only after the carrier presents the notice with the Russian conformation.

“Thus, starting from 1 April in case of any inconsistencies regarding the parameters of the transport vehicle or the amount of compulsory documents including for Belarusian vehicles, corresponding notices will be issued, and the norms stipulated in the agreement will be applied,” the inspectorate said.

The Transport Inspectorate will issue a number of Russian permits to/from third countries to secure availability of Russian permits for the Belarusian transport vehicles when entering the territory of the Union State.

“The vehicle (transport) control at the checkpoints of the Transport Inspectorate of Belarus at the Belarusian-Russian border was abolished on 1 April. Only weight measuring inspectorates will operate on the Belarusian-Russian border,” the inspectorate said.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #124
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

is it like schengen now?
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 06:54 PM   #125
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I assume it is. I wonder what kind of visa you require now though. Formerly, you needed a transit-visa for Belarus and a visa for Russia to enter Russia via Belarus. It would be weird if you can enter Belarus with a transit visa and then enter Russia without a visa.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #126
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

toll M1
Old April 7th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #127
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

M1 from Poland to Russia

Last edited by Bad_Hafen; April 7th, 2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old April 7th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #128
Alex Von Königsberg

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I assume it is. I wonder what kind of visa you require now though. Formerly, you needed a transit-visa for Belarus and a visa for Russia to enter Russia via Belarus. It would be weird if you can enter Belarus with a transit visa and then enter Russia without a visa.
Because there is no border control on highways between Russia and Belarus, it is possible for a foreigner to enter Russia with only Belarus visa or vice versa. However, it is still illegal and also very impractical due to frequent document checks in these countries by local police. I would especially warn against being caught without a visa in Belarus
Old April 7th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #129
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Old April 7th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #130
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Old April 7th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #131
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Border

Old April 7th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #132
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I went to Moscow by train last summer and there was no border control between Belarus and Russia. On my way in from Poland they only stamped my Belorussian transit visa, so I entered Russia without a stamped visa. I don't know how much of a problem that is though. On my way back there was no border control as well between Belarus and Russia. However, in Brest they stamped both my Belorussian and Russian visa. IMO it would be a lot easier if you'd only need one visa to visit any of these countries, just like the Schengen visa. I'm curious what the future will bring in this matter.
Old April 7th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #133
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

toll
Old June 7th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #134
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2262

Check out Minsk in street view!
http://maps.yandex.ru/-/CBQGi60k
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #135
Danielk2
DanielKK

Likes (Received): 2

Too bad Google doesn't have any street views in eastern europe (except Romania)
Old June 8th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #136
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

but bing maps has bird view
Old June 9th, 2011, 12:11 AM   #137
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
I went to Moscow by train last summer and there was no border control between Belarus and Russia. On my way in from Poland they only stamped my Belorussian transit visa, so I entered Russia without a stamped visa. I don't know how much of a problem that is though. On my way back there was no border control as well between Belarus and Russia. However, in Brest they stamped both my Belorussian and Russian visa. IMO it would be a lot easier if you'd only need one visa to visit any of these countries, just like the Schengen visa. I'm curious what the future will bring in this matter.
I don't think it's wise to enter Russia without visa.

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #138
Nima-Farid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

Nice signs!
Nima-Farid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #139
ChrisZwolle
Road user

2010 traffic volumes in Belarus: