daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 2nd, 2008, 06:15 AM   #41
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17816

By 鄧麗欣之戀 from skyscrapers.cn :

[img]http://i26.************/fa982g.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i28.************/2rxzfia.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i28.************/2ur9egz.jpg[/img]

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2008, 05:57 PM   #42
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Source : http://www.flickr.com/photos/yeungheilam/2633618406/

image hosted on flickr

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old December 16th, 2008, 08:00 AM   #43
hkskyline
Hong Kong

首都七成買家已上會
16 December 2008

【明報專訊】明年第2季入伙的長實(0001)將軍澳日出康城1期首都,長實地產投資董事黃思聰表示,已有約七成買家上會,個別最低按息低至最優惠利率(P)減2.25厘,更有現金回贈,物業除可承造七成按揭外,更可獲銀行估足價,但無透露最優惠利率詳情。

與此同時,利嘉閣區域經理區智輝表示,首都錄得本月首宗「摩」貨(成交前已轉讓)個案。該單位位於5座高層右翼A室,960方呎,買家斥410萬元買入,呎價4271元;原業主於今年首季以509萬元一手價買入,帳面虧損99萬元,物業市值下跌約兩成。他又稱,原業主以建築期付款,持貨不足1年即蝕所有首期離場。

另利嘉閣區域經理高世聰稱,調景嶺站上蓋城中駅10座中層F室,面積979方呎,剛以360萬元售出,呎價3677元;該物業現時以1.4萬元租出,新買家即可享約4.7厘租金回報。他又稱,原業主於06年以365萬元買入,最終帳面損失5萬元離場。

Old December 16th, 2008, 08:47 AM   #44
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

ahh... being from a country that doesn't have such high residential buildings... i kinda like it... maybe i'm just amazed by the amount of highrises but still, i like seeing all that incorporated in hk... it truly is a massive highrise city
Old December 16th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #45
_00_deathscar

Likes (Received): 217

As it is, Tseung Kwan O's MTR line is quite crowded during peak times, certainly no less so than the Island line. How will this project affect?
_00_deathscar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 05:30 PM   #46
EricIsHim

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by _00_deathscar View Post
As it is, Tseung Kwan O's MTR line is quite crowded during peak times, certainly no less so than the Island line. How will this project affect?
I believe the TKO line is running at reserved capacity right now. If I remember correctly, it is running at 3-5 minutes intervals even during the rush hours. MTR can run train as close as just under 2 minutes, as it does in the other three major lines today.

Since the TKO line will split into Hang Hau bound and LOHAs bound. When the LOHAs train begins service, it is going to run in between the Hang Hau trains without interrupting Hang Hau bound service. The Hang Hau train will continue to run as usual as it is today. So I don't believe that will have much impact at Tsueng Kwan O, Po Lam and Hang Hau stations; but passengers may experience more frequent services at Tiu Keng Leng, Yau Tong, Quarry Bay and North Point; but also more passengers at the platform as well waiting for different trains.
Old December 20th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #47
_00_deathscar

That's fair enough.

I'm sure it runs at 2 minute intervals during peak hour by the way, at least in the morning.
Old December 20th, 2008, 02:23 PM   #48
hkskyline
Hong Kong

I don't think TKO line is at capacity yet, so even a reduction in frequency at the furthest end to accomodate for LOHAS Park trains may not be a problem.

Old December 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #49
_00_deathscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
I don't think TKO line is at capacity yet, so even a reduction in frequency at the furthest end to accomodate for LOHAS Park trains may not be a problem.
You mean generally, or at peak times?
Old December 21st, 2008, 06:30 PM   #50
EricIsHim

If there is already a need for maximum demand on service in Hang Hau bound between Hang Hau and Tseung Kwan O, any reduction in frequency will be a problem.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 05:53 PM   #51
EricIsHim

So according to the MTR's Performance Achievement reports for the third quarter of this year (http://mtr.com.hk/eng/publications/i...mance_08q3.pdf), the existing TKO line is running at 2.7 minutes headway during the morning peak hours, and 3 minutes during the evening peak hours. The service isn't at capacity to run train at every 2 minutes.

In that case, I would imagine MTR is going to run LOHAs train once and two Hang Hau trains in every three trains at 2 minutes interval, since there is definitely a higher demand in Po Lam and Hang Hau stations than LOHA alone. So that the service will remain at four Hang Hau trains in every ten minutes as it is today without reducing the service capacity at Hang Hau and Po Lam.

It's all assumptions, who knows what will happen when LOHAs begin service next year.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:43 PM   #52
leetroy

Likes (Received): 26

amazing
leetroy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 05:51 PM   #53
hkskyline
Hong Kong

首都持貨1年勁蝕133萬
4 February 2009
文匯報

【本報訊】香港置業維景灣畔分行高級營業經理謝國勳表示,隨著將軍澳日出康城首都將於今年第二季入伙,首都近月的交投均見活躍,上月全月已錄得約11宗成交,而本月迄今亦暫錄得2宗成交。

947呎售321萬 呎價3390

謝國勳指出,該行剛錄得首都1座右翼中層D室的成交,單位面積947平方呎,三房連多用途房間隔,以約321萬易手,平均呎價約3,390元。原業主於08年3月以約454.1萬一手購入,現沽貨離場虧蝕133.1萬,單位不足一年貶值約29%。

Old February 17th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #54
hkskyline
Hong Kong

More victims to fall into negative-equity trap
11 February 2009
South China Morning Post

Paul and his girlfriend, like so many young couples in their situation, bought a new flat because they planned to marry early next year.

They never dreamed their investment in a home for the future would fall into negative equity.

But within less than a year of taking their first step on the property ladder, that is what has happened.

Paul, a 30-year-old professional, paid HK$3.5 million for a 500 square foot flat at the Capitol in Tseung Kwan O when developer Cheung Kong (Holdings) launched the project at the market's peak last March. Altogether, Cheung Kong sold 2,000 units at the development last year.

Paul made a 30 per cent down payment and raised a 70 per cent mortgage loan to fund the balance of the purchase price.

In the 11 months that followed, prices at the Capitol have fallen to HK$4,000 per square foot, about 42 per cent lower than what Paul had paid, taking the value of his flat below the amount he owed on it - or into negative equity.

His experience mirrors the fate that has now befallen tens of thousands of buyers who have seen property prices tumble below the value of their housing loans as a result of the deepening global financial crisis.

Last week, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority announced there were 10,949 mortgage-holders sitting on paper losses for the quarter ended December - a fourfold increase from the 2,568 cases for the quarter to September.

The number of negative-equity mortgages is the highest since December 2005 but still significantly lower than the peak of 105,697 cases in July 2003 at the height of the Sars epidemic.

Analysts expected the number of owners with negative equity to continue to climb this quarter, which would have a further negative impact on market sentiment, Patrick Chow Kin-sung, a property analyst at China Everbright, said.

According to the latest available data for the benchmark Centa-City Index, prices had tracked 24 per cent downwards from a peak in March last year until November.

"The jump in the number of negative-equity owners will also dampen demand from buyers seeking to trade up," said Paul Louie, the regional head of property research at Nomura.

He believed the latest buyers of new projects such as Capitol and Celestial Heights in Ho Man Tin could also see themselves trapped in negative equity once they completed the transactions over the next several months.

And as the market turmoil worsens and places buyers under increasing financial distress, analysts believe there could be an alarming rise in the number of homeowners who default on their mortgage payments.

If banks responded by quickly seeking to sell foreclosed properties at below market price in order to cash out and recover their loans, this would create further heavy downward pressure on prices, said Nicole Wong, the head of Hong Kong and China property research at investment house CLSA.

Writing in a report released last week, Ms Wong noted: "During the year 2001, banks had some 4,600 units of repossessed units ready for sale. That was equivalent to 10 per cent of total secondary market transaction volume for the year."

However, Ms Wong believed the incidence of negative equity would not approach the levels it reached during the market downturns of 1998 and 2003.

"Our price assumption suggests the numbers of buyers in negative equity should stabilise between 10,000 and 20,000 - or one-fifth of the 100,000 level at the trough of the last down cycle," she wrote in the report.

Analysts said signs of rising mortgage rates and rising unemployment rates would also dent housing demand.

Mr Louie said last October's increase in rates for new mortgage loans would discourage owners who were paying historically low rates from buying bigger flats to upgrade their living environment.

For the past three years, buyers had enjoyed mortgage rates that ranged between 2.7 percentage points and 2.9 percentage points below prime, which stood at 5 per cent, he said.

But now banks are offering new loans at just 1.5 percentage points below prime.

"It is uneconomical for existing mortgage holders to give up the lower mortgage rates and trade up for a bigger flat while the market is undergoing a consolidation," said Mr Louie.

Mr Chow said rising unemployment rates would become more of a concern in the market, which was anticipating that more bad corporate earnings would trigger a new wave of layoffs.

HSBC declined on Monday to comment on rumours that it might cut a further 1,000 jobs, while PCCW admitted last week a layoff plan was under way but did not disclose numbers.

Old February 27th, 2009, 10:09 AM   #55
hkskyline
Hong Kong

二手轉淡 首都再錄蝕讓
16 February 2009
信報

一手全新樓盤紛部署開售,加上部分發展商毅然減價推售旗下貨尾項目,注意力頓時轉移至新盤市場,二手交投逐步受壓。美聯物業資料顯示,本港十個主要屋苑過去兩天錄得三十八宗二手成交,按周下跌百分之七。

在十個屋苑中,四個交投量保持平穩,其中天水圍嘉湖山莊錄得十宗成交,表現屬最佳。港島太古城和海怡半島則分別錄得二宗成交,各較上周微跌一宗。

長實(001)將軍澳日出康城第一期首都仍有待入伙之際,則陸續錄得蝕讓成交。美聯物業高級營業經理林振聲指出,首都第一座低層左翼D室,剛獲用家以三百三十萬元購入,平均呎價三千四百五十二元。原業主去年以四百一十七萬元購入,賬面貶值八十七萬元。

另一方面,利嘉閣地產綜合土地註冊處資料顯示,本月首十二天錄得二千六百零一宗樓宇買賣登記,按月上升一成九;交易金額方面,則按月增加二成七,預期全月登記量可達六千宗水平。

利嘉閣地產研究部主管周滿傑表示,月內登記以二手住宅交易為主,佔二千二百四十六宗及涉資七十一億元,按月分別上升三成六和五成九,有關交易佔整體住宅登記約九成四。

一手住宅則因沙田壹號雲頂和元朗原築的銷售大部分已達尾聲,使登記量和金額按月下跌三成半和二成九。

周滿傑相信,由於不少發展商在年初開始推盤,加上二手物業的交易步伐加快,反映一月份樓市交投的二月份註冊宗數上揚,估計全月的登記量按月升約百分之四,至六千宗水平■

Old March 1st, 2009, 05:55 PM   #56
l'eau
BANNED

Likes (Received): 126

i wouldnt live in one of those boring and monotonous blocks.
l'eau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:37 AM   #57
Simon91

Likes (Received): 241

I thought the same as you before my first trip to HK.

Once I went there, when I stood in these suburbs, I realised that they are surrounded by vast, gorgeous, stunning, superb landscapes, they are quite vibrant and practical, connected to the stunning city center by best public transit I got to use in my life. I can't comment on living in there, but if I was given an opportunity to spend a year or so there, I wouldn't mind at all.

Last edited by Simon91; March 2nd, 2009 at 05:42 AM.
Simon91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #58
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Target prices slashed on MTR Corp
12 March 2009
Hong Kong Standard

Analysts slashed the target price of MTR Corporation (0066) because of its gloomy earnings outlook affected by declining property incomes while a fare rise is questionable. ``Visibility for the property development business remains low,'' said Goldman Sachs analyst Simon Cheung. ``There has been little update by developers on the timing of project launches for Tai Wai Maintenance Centre, Lake Silver and Lohas Park phase two.''

Goldman Sachs cut the target price to HK$17.70 from HK$17.80 and forecast the net income of MTRC to slump 33 percent this year to HK$5.59 billion.

``We are cautious on the property segment in Hong Kong, and we expect MTRC's property income to drop to HK$1 billion to HK$2 billion yearly in 2009 to 2011, from HK$4.7 billion in 2008,'' said Morgan Stanley analyst Praveen Choudhary. Target price for the railway firm was cut to HK$15.30 from HK$16.40.

Choudhary expects a 2.1 percent fare rise starting from July, based on the December inflation of 2.1 percent and expected wage increase of 2 percent in the fourth quarter last year.

Citi analyst Anil Daswani cut profit forecast by 30.5 percent to HK$4.59 billion from HK$6.6 billion as MTRC is expected to delay property presales at Wu Kai Sha station into 2010 and may cut flat prices by up to 30 percent to boost sales.

Daswani estimates the fare adjustment mechanism is currently at minus 1.6 percent and that the MTRC could raise ticket prices from July but the company may not do so.

``We believe such a maneuver will be politically very difficult in the current environment and think it remains another potential pitfall in first-half 2009,'' said Daswani. Citi reduced the target price by 12 percent to HK$15 from HK$17.

JPMorgan slashed the target price of MTRC by 44 percent to HK$15 from HK$27 as it expects the railway earnings will not be able to offset the deteriorating property income.

Old March 19th, 2009, 07:16 AM   #59
kyle82

Likes (Received): 0

at the top view yeah it may seem monotonous but i see it nice through seeing at a castle surrounded by walls. It gives a picture of an enclosed area where security is highly considered. I thought it is a nice construction.
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #60
hkskyline
Hong Kong

First posted by hkth