daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 18th, 2016, 03:50 PM   #2241
dougdoug

Likes (Received): 2631

Line E extension preparation site in Paris, Neuilly and La Défense (CNIT)

Final official rendering 2016

Neuilly

Nanterre and La défense with headquarter of Vinci (2021 and 2022 for the rail station)

Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2016, 07:25 PM   #2242
ed24

Likes (Received): 16

Do we know how long a journey between St Lazare and La Defense will take?
ed24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2016, 09:06 PM   #2243
SSCreader

Likes (Received): 59

According to the 2010 document (p79) for the project launch, it should take 7 minutes 50 seconds, including the stop at Porte Maillot.
SSCreader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2016, 06:08 AM   #2244
ed24

Likes (Received): 16

Certainly would have saved me a lot of time when I lived in Paris, that's great!
ed24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2016, 11:27 PM   #2245
milo92

Likes (Received): 1926

Porte Maillot

Old October 29th, 2016, 12:40 AM   #2246
Minato ku

Video by ErebosSan

mrsmartman, dimlys1994, dougdoug liked this post
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2016, 04:09 PM   #2247
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 10830

Very good news: the comission that had been examining the proposal to create a real express connection to the CDG airport in Roissy has given its green light, with two conditions (that the financing is better identified and that the impact on suburban rail is studied). The new CDG express would connect Gare de l'Est and the airport in three minutes by 2023, for a cost of 1.69Bn euro, off which 1.41Bn are construction costs and 284M are operating costs.

http://bfmbusiness.bfmtv.com/entrepr...s-1054032.html

If you can believe it, there is a group of ****wits organized in a resistance group against the project, which they deem to be too costly, useless, and detrimental to RER B users.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture

dimlys1994, subbotazh liked this post
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2016, 09:47 PM   #2248
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Three (3) minutes seems absurdly fast. Are you sure you don't mean thirty (30)?
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2016, 12:32 PM   #2249
GGuerra
Precisamos de + metrô!

Likes (Received): 815

Let's say 30 min is more suitable! That's ~64km/h.
GGuerra está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2016, 05:26 PM   #2250
tokyo-hypa

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Zy99 View Post
Three (3) minutes seems absurdly fast. Are you sure you don't mean thirty (30)?
maybe its gonna be on hyperloop
tokyo-hypa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2016, 05:35 PM   #2251
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

That's strange, I remember posting here to correct my error. It is indeed 30 minutes.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture
Old November 3rd, 2016, 10:00 PM   #2252
Bren

Likes (Received): 17191

New RER A rolling stock

Bren está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2016, 12:53 PM   #2253
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

52 new trains will be bought and introduced to service from March 2018 for lines J and L, two of the busiest ones. It didn't surprise me to read in the source article that a majority of trains on these two lines (especially the L, I suppose, the Transilien line with the worst fiability percentage) is older than the recommended 40 years of maximum life.

They will cost 0.5Bn euro and are part of the larger program of train rennewal that plans to replace over 700 trains by 2021.

http://bfmbusiness.bfmtv.com/entrepr...n-1059492.html

===

dimlys1994, Sacré Coeur, subbotazh liked this post
Old November 15th, 2016, 01:29 PM   #2254
hans280

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru.mircea View Post
That's strange, I remember posting here to correct my error. It is indeed 30 minutes.
Yes well, the article actually says that the travel time between the Gare de l'Est and the airport will be 20 minutes. It goes on to say that this is an improvement over the current 30-40 minutes by RER from the Gare du Nord. - Which of course it is. But it's still not overly ambitious in comparison with some of the high-speed railway trains in European cities like Stockholm and Oslo. I guess the main difference is that the CdG Express will mostly follow existent railway lines and hence has to squeeze in between commuter trains travelling at a leisurely pace.
hans280 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2016, 06:49 PM   #2255
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

^ wow, so my original post was wrong and then my correction was also wrong! That's a record even by my standards.

RE the airport connection, I wouldn't have expected 20 minutes to be an objectionable duration. It could possibly be reduced even more but I doubt the extra costs are worth for such a minor difference. I'd rather they put money into giving proper service to Beauvais Tille, the third Parisian public airport... Us low cost users are people too!

===

Old November 15th, 2016, 09:00 PM   #2256
Sacré Coeur

Likes (Received): 534

Quote:
52 new trains will be bought and introduced to service from March 2018 for lines J and L, two of the busiest ones. It didn't surprise me to read in the source article that a majority of trains on these two lines (especially the L, I suppose, the Transilien line with the worst fiability percentage) is older than the recommended 40 years of maximum life.

They will cost 0.5Bn euro and are part of the larger program of train rennewal that plans to replace over 700 trains by 2021.

http://bfmbusiness.bfmtv.com/entrepr...n-1059492.html
Woo hoo! Great news. The beginning of the delivery was expected in 2019 initially. The question now is where the new trains will be allocated between the different branches of line L and J. There is currently no Z50000 that goes to La Défense and I think the first new trains will be dedicated to the Versailles and Saint Nom la Bretèche branches from line L.

Emile Zola

«Plonger une ville dans le formol en arguant de la sauvegarde de son patrimoine culturel et architectural est aussi bien un mensonge qu’une hérésie. Mensonge car les acteurs de l’industrie immobilière savent mieux que quiconque réhabiliter et valoriser le patrimoine architectural d’une ville en l’inscrivant dans son temps présent. Hérésie, car à cultiver une vision passéiste d’une ville, on est assuré de l’étouffer et de la voir dépérir.»

Gaël Thomas
Sacré Coeur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2016, 09:57 PM   #2257
Augusto

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
RE the airport connection, I wouldn't have expected 20 minutes to be an objectionable duration. It could possibly be reduced even more but I doubt the extra costs are worth for such a minor difference. I'd rather they put money into giving proper service to Beauvais Tille, the third Parisian public airport... Us low cost users are people too!
No, Ryanair goes to Beauvais because it's a low cost airport. If you implement a good connection to the city center it will not be a low cost airport any longer and Ryanair will find an other cheap airport in the middle of nowhere. ;-)

GGuerra, alexandru.mircea liked this post
Augusto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2016, 02:28 AM   #2258
dougdoug

Likes (Received): 2631

new public meeting for the extension of the E line

http://www.rer-eole.fr/actualite/reunion-publique/

dimlys1994 liked this post
dougdoug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2016, 02:17 PM   #2259
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacré Coeur View Post
Woo hoo! Great news. The beginning of the delivery was expected in 2019 initially. The question now is where the new trains will be allocated between the different branches of line L and J. There is currently no Z50000 that goes to La Défense and I think the first new trains will be dedicated to the Versailles and Saint Nom la Bretèche branches from line L.
Exactly, I too have always wondered how come the St-Lazare to La Défense itinerary is serviced by some of the oldest trains on the whole network (and fairly poor shape too), when this should be a line of very high priority, as it connects the two biggest business districts in France. (Edit: Maybe the people in suits take the RER A from Auber instead, but from what I remember the Auber station is in really bad shape too.)

On a completely unrelated note, I now remember that I have completely forgotten to reply to your PM, for which I profusely apologise and I promise to come back to you quickly!

===

Old November 22nd, 2016, 11:59 PM   #2260
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Pontoise station at night

https://twitter.com/t_dkp/status/798770811309961217

Tags
paris, paris transport, rer