daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 31st, 2017, 08:01 PM   #2301
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Rapt webpage runs perfect for me, allowing to have a great deal of information, even journey times (incluiding shuttles and so on) except..... Ile de France point to point fares!!!! It doesn't run at all

I just want to go to Marne la vallée-Chessy, therefore, zone 5.
I was wrong and I would need 18 single tickets (and I guess it will worth to buy 10+10 tickets) and 6 tickets for children (and I do not know if cheaper or more expensive to buy 6 single tickets or a 10 carnet one

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2017, 01:20 AM   #2302
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 10830

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
Rapt webpage runs perfect for me, allowing to have a great deal of information, even journey times (incluiding shuttles and so on) except..... Ile de France point to point fares!!!! It doesn't run at all
Indeed, there does seem to be some sort of bug related to station names. I kept trying until I got the information. So, one full price ticket from Paris to Marne-la-Vallée-Chessy is 7.6 euro and if you buy 10 it costs 60.8 euro instead of 76. So if you buy two "packs" of 10 (121.6 euro) instead of 18 single tickets (136.8 euro) you save 15.2 euro.

If you buy 6 reduced price tickets the total is 3.8 x 6 = 22.8 euro. The "pack" of 10 would cost 30.4 euro. So in this case it is better to buy the individual tickets.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2017, 10:57 PM   #2303
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

thank you very much for info. So, 2 "10 carnet" for adults and 6 single tickets for children then.

More questions:
Departing from Paris, should I start on a metro station, what should I ask for a shuttle to RER in the price (I do not know what to do... 300m to nearest metro station and 1 km to RER station on foot)

Departing TO Paris, is it enough to use a "zone 1-5" ticket and use it until metro station?

Old April 2nd, 2017, 12:08 AM   #2304
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

The use of the metro inside Paris is included in the price of the RER ticket from Paris to Marne-la-Valée. So the best option is to take the metro to the RER station, with the same ticket. You descend to the nearest metro station and there you can buy the ticket for Marne-la-Valée (either at a ticket office or an automatic machine, for which you need a bank card).

When coming back from Disney, you can do the same in reverse, you can change fom RER to metro with the same ticket.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture
Old April 2nd, 2017, 03:59 PM   #2305
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

And I guess I have to point RER tickets or so in machines, not only metro to be wrong.

I really do not know what to do... 300m to a station plus one metro journey and RER or 1 km to a direct RER station. Maybe depending of how tired I will be

Old April 3rd, 2017, 01:06 PM   #2306
Resss

Likes (Received): 29

I think you're asking yourself too many questions.

As alexandru and I said, metro is included in your RER ticket if you start or end your trip in Paris. Knowing that, it's your choice to use the métro or to walk to the RER station.

Between metro and RER you'll come across machines with barriers to control your ticket, you can't miss these machines. So just keep your ticket until your final destination : at Marne-la-Vallée you'll also need your ticket to exit the station.
Resss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2017, 10:26 PM   #2307
VincentB_

Likes (Received): 494

Still searching for pics of classic trains on the central section of the RER A....

I found both of these recently.

A CC 40100 at Gare de Lyon in 1977 or 1978 (Source : Chemins de Fer) :

Two TGVs PSE at Chatelet in 1986 (Source : La Vie du Rail) :

mrsmartman liked this post

Last edited by VincentB_; April 6th, 2017 at 11:36 PM.
VincentB_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2017, 09:29 PM   #2308
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru.mircea View Post
Indeed, there does seem to be some sort of bug related to station names. I kept trying until I got the information. So, one full price ticket from Paris to Marne-la-Vallée-Chessy is 7.6 euro and if you buy 10 it costs 60.8 euro instead of 76. So if you buy two "packs" of 10 (121.6 euro) instead of 18 single tickets (136.8 euro) you save 15.2 euro.

If you buy 6 reduced price tickets the total is 3.8 x 6 = 22.8 euro. The "pack" of 10 would cost 30.4 euro. So in this case it is better to buy the individual tickets.
Got it.

Finally... 2 10 packs for adult plus 4 children single tickets (last two adult tickets were used for child......)

Easy to buy with the exemption that from Ile de France to Paris I was looking for station name in a wrong screen in the machine instead of Paris.

alexandru.mircea, Resss liked this post
Old April 18th, 2017, 04:10 PM   #2309
STEFER

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentB_ View Post
Still searching for pics of classic trains on the central section of the RER A....

I found both of these recently.

A CC 40100 at Gare de Lyon in 1977 or 1978 (Source : Chemins de Fer) :

Two TGVs PSE at Chatelet in 1986 (Source : La Vie du Rail) :

WONDERFUL !!! TGV in Service Terminus within The RER at CHATELET LES HALLES (At That Time, The Greatest Metro Station in The World) !!!
WHY This Idea Doesn't Go On ?
I Imagine a TGV Service for Examble Between Rome Termini Central Zone and Paris Chatelet Les Halles Directly .. Woooww !!!
STEFER no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 05:10 PM   #2310
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEFER View Post
WONDERFUL !!! TGV in Service Terminus within The RER at CHATELET LES HALLES (At That Time, The Greatest Metro Station in The World) !!!
WHY This Idea Doesn't Go On ?
I Imagine a TGV Service for Examble Between Rome Termini Central Zone and Paris Chatelet Les Halles Directly .. Woooww !!!
The RER A traffic is too heavy to fit in any additional services of different types.

PS-please cut back on the smilies. It is rather distracting, and it makes me dizzy.
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:48 PM   #2311
dougdoug

Likes (Received): 2631

Line E extension and new station

with a Hangar acoustic for the tunnel boring machine and extraction

Old May 1st, 2017, 01:59 PM   #2312
dougdoug

Likes (Received): 2631

Big New exit Margueritte de Navarre for metro and rer (Les Halles, central) will open probably next week

Old May 1st, 2017, 03:35 PM   #2313
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

I was wondering, are there any customer satisfaction surveys where one can see the users' attitudes towards the lines run by SNCF and those run by RATP? From my experience I would suspect that SNCF is the better provider but I'd rather have a better perspective.

===

Old May 1st, 2017, 05:50 PM   #2314
mrsmartman

Likes (Received): 1452

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdoug View Post
Line E extension and new station
Will 2 platforms be sufficient for the station?
mrsmartman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2017, 06:09 PM   #2315
Minato ku

Normally it should be sufficient but only the future could answer.
Anyway RER E will follow the route of the RER A and new subway line will also be added at la Defense.
The transit capacity at la Defense will significally increase.

mrsmartman, GGuerra liked this post
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2017, 11:50 PM   #2316
sergiogiorgini

Likes (Received): 903

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru.mircea View Post
I was wondering, are there any customer satisfaction surveys where one can see the users' attitudes towards the lines run by SNCF and those run by RATP? From my experience I would suspect that SNCF is the better provider but I'd rather have a better perspective.
I think any Parisian will tell you the RATP lines are superior. The SNCF's lines include the "Trash RER" D and the slow, antiquated line that's only popular with tourists heading for Versailles: RER C.

Resss liked this post

Last edited by sergiogiorgini; May 2nd, 2017 at 12:02 AM.
sergiogiorgini está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2017, 05:33 AM   #2317
LTA1992

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiogiorgini View Post
I think any Parisian will tell you the RATP lines are superior. The SNCF's lines include the "Trash RER" D and the slow, antiquated line that's only popular with tourists heading for Versailles: RER C.
I only got to ride RER routes A, B, and C and I can definitely say A and B are superior to C. Never got to ride routes D and E so that irks me.
LTA1992 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:39 PM   #2318
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiogiorgini View Post

Actually, I follow closely the accounts of a few user associations from the Western side of the network and I can say that while they hate both of them, they certainly hate RATP more than SNCF, because of how the RATP section of RER A is run. It helps that line L, which was having the worst timetable reliability in the entire network, has been visibly improving since 2016. Overall, I can say that I seem to be very lucky for living near my branch of line J instead of living near the RER A and having to rely on it.

But this only covers the Western side of the network and I am also interested in more than just train timetable reliability and saturation issues, I am also keen on, for example, the upkeep of stations (reliability and intervention times for elevators, escalators, screens, ticket machines), accessibility, cleanliness, availability of staff, security... Also I would prefer to disregard the aspects that do not fall in the responsability of the operators but in that of the authorities (STIF), like general planning, infrastructure works or the aquisition of new trains (or rennovation of old ones).

This all is interesting not only because I'd like to ground my own perceptions in a wider perspective, but because these two will compete for the right to run Grand Paris Express, which is a huge deal.

===

Old May 3rd, 2017, 01:08 PM   #2319
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

This has probably been posted before, but I just found it for the first time: the live map of each SNCF train: http://www.sncf.com/fr/geolocalisati...=CT|TRANSILIEN

Fascinating.

===

Old May 3rd, 2017, 02:43 PM   #2320
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21240

Are there plans to build physically integrated connections between RER C Avenue Foch and M2 Porte Dauphine; between RER C Musée d'Osray and M12 Solferino; and between RER C Javel and M10 Andrè Citroën?

Tags
paris, paris transport, rer