daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #1601
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
Nanterre-La Folie
Is it planned to be overground? I thought it would underground
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #1602
Minato ku

The tunnel will emerge just before Nanterre la Folie.

dimlys1994, HARTride 2012, 437.001 liked this post
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #1603
VincentB_

Likes (Received): 494

Arrival at Kennedy - Maison de Radio-France (RER C, VMI branch) :

Pic taken from the Pont Rouelle in april 2014.

Minato ku liked this post
VincentB_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #1604
Minato ku

Bois-Colombes

The station is served by the line between Saint-Lazare and Ermont-Eaubonne
This old sign says Argenteuil as destination because before 2006, the last stop of trains serving Bois-Colombes was Argenteuil.
In 2006, the RER C branch between Ermont-Eaubonne and Argenteuil was transferred to the Transilien J.

Even if the middle track is not in use for passenger service, they could clean it up a bit.
Weeds don't give a good impression.

VincentB_, kyah117 liked this post
Old July 9th, 2014, 09:35 PM   #1605
dimlys1994

From Rail Journal:

Quote:
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=542

More Francilien EMUs for Ile-de-France
Wednesday, July 09, 2014

THE BOARD of Ile-de-France Transport Authority (STIF) has approved funding for the acquisition of 22 additional class Z 50000 Francilien EMUs from Bombardier for use on Paris suburban services.

Funding for the €210m order, an option from the original contract for 172 trains signed in 2006, will be split equally between Stif and French National Railways (SNCF).

The 112m-long trains will be deployed on Line H from Creil to Pontoise and Line K from Paris to Crépy-en-Valois by December 2016.

Old July 10th, 2014, 02:10 AM   #1606
Filip7370
Modern transit...

Likes (Received): 5

Are they "cut down" to platforms
Old July 10th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #1607
Minato ku

It is better to adapt the substructure to the modern comfort and technologies than the opposite.
So adapting old platforms for new trains is not weird or strange.
Old July 12th, 2014, 01:19 AM   #1608
Filip7370
Modern transit...

Likes (Received): 5

I was asking due to loud on world problems SNCF with new local trains they bought.
Old July 12th, 2014, 01:50 AM   #1609
Minato ku

This was not a real problem, the SNCF bought large trains and they knew that they had to modify a lot of old platforms.
The real issue was not the trains (which were in correct dimension) but the old platforms that did not meet the actual standard.

The extensive media coverage of this case is political manipulation.
Old July 16th, 2014, 12:26 AM   #1610
Minato ku

Châtelet - Les Halles
MI 84 and MI 09

Arnorian liked this post
Old July 18th, 2014, 03:44 PM   #1611
dimlys1994

From Rail Journal:

Quote:
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=542

RFF invites tenders to extend Paris RER Line E
Friday, July 18, 2014

FRENCH Rail Network (RFF) invites civil engineering companies to bid by August 26 for a contract to construct a 6km underground extension to RER Line E in Paris.

The five-year project involves extending the line west from the existing underground terminus at Haussmann St Lazare to Porte Maillot where a new 225m-long and 21m-wide station will be constructed to provide an interchange with metro Line 1 and RER Line C.

This section forms part of the €2bn western extension of Line E, which involves constructing 8km of new tunnel between St Lazare and La Défense and upgrading the existing line to Poissy and Mantes-la-Jolie

Minato ku, 437.001, CB31 liked this post
Old July 18th, 2014, 11:22 PM   #1612
Sister Greed U

Likes (Received): 15395

Great! The countdown is about to start, this extension of the RER E to La Défense is perhaps the most needed thing in Paris...

Relief for the RER A between Auber and La Défense and also for the metro line 1 between Porte Maillot and La Défense, as well as a new connection to RER C at Porte Maillot.
Old July 19th, 2014, 07:39 PM   #1613
JloKyM

Likes (Received): 11775

Are there any plans to add more tracks between Aulnay and CDG. I use this route regularly and I saw some past preparation works as well as infrastructure allowing 4 tracks.
JloKyM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 11:46 PM   #1614
Minato ku

This is the ongoing work on the branch between Aulnay and CDG.
-Catenary, to replace all or part of its components,
-Rails (replacement, welding, grinding, etc..)
-The structure supporting the rails, as the ballast or railway sleepers,
-Switches, etc...
Nothing about adding new tracks.

But they have added a new platform at Parc des Expositions, two years ago.
Parc des Expositions will become the terminus of the new Barreau de Gonnesse branch of the RER D.

VincentB_ liked this post
Old July 22nd, 2014, 01:00 AM   #1615
Sister Greed U

When will the Barreau de Gonesse open, then?
I don´t think it´s the most needed thing in the RER system, definitely not more than the separation of RER B and RER D between Gare du Nord and Châtelet...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have three questions:

1) how long does it take to change from RER B or RER D at Gare du Nord to RER E at Magenta?

2) how long does it take to change from RER E at Haussmann-St Lazare to RER A at Auber?

3) do you have to go through fare barriers in either case, or are they considered part of the same station fare-wise?
Old July 22nd, 2014, 01:21 AM   #1616
Minato ku

This branch should open in 2020, work will begin in 2017.
This is a surface rail, this is accompanied by large urban development project.
It is much less expensive and much less complicated to built than a tunnel in the crowded underground of Central Paris.

The time will depend on where you are on the platform of RER D and RER E
1) Less than 5 minutes (it is better to be in the middle or the back of the train for the closest exit)

2) More than 5 minutes. (it is better to be in the middle or the back of the train for the closest exit)

3) You don't have to go through fare barriers between Magenta and the RER D at Gare du Nord.
You will pass through two fare barriers from RER E at Haussmann-St Lazare to RER A at Auber.
You have to go through the fare area of Havre-Caumartin metro station for this transfer.
Anyway you don't need to change ticket.

437.001 liked this post

Last edited by Minato ku; July 22nd, 2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 06:43 AM   #1617
Sister Greed U

Quote:
The time will depend on where you are on the platform of RER D and RER E
1) Less than 5 minutes (it is better to be in the middle or the back of the train for the closest exit)

2) More than 5 minutes. (it is better to be in the middle or the back of the train for the closest exit)

3) You don't have to go through fare barriers between Magenta and the RER D at Gare du Nord.
You will pass through two fare barriers from RER E at Haussmann-St Lazare to RER A at Auber.
You have to go through the fare area of Havre-Caumartin metro station for this transfer.
Anyway you don't need to change ticket.
Thanks.

I assume that changing between RER E and RER A a at Auber/Haussmann St Lazare won´t be all that needed once RER E reaches La Défense, since most interchanges between these two lines will be done there (or further down the Seine, in the boucle de Montesson, once RER E is extended till Mantes).
And as for the RER A stations on the Marne la Vallée and Boissy St Léger branches, I assume Val de Fontenay station provides a less saturated interchange.

437.001 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:15 AM   #1618
Minato ku

Boissy St Léger branch does not serve Val de Fontenay.
I don't believe that people living closer to RER A will use the RER E, from the east the RER A reaches faster Central Paris and La Défense than the RER E.

I think that people using the RER E will be the people leaving closer to RER E and people coming from the northern suburbs.
People coming for the north, by example northern RER B and B will a transfer at Magenta.

People coming for the south, southern RER B and D will continue to use the RER A.
There is a direct cross platform as Chatelet-Les-Halles between the northbound RER B and the westbound RER A (and the eastbound RER A and southbound RER B, this is pratical for people living in the south and working in the west) and the transfer between the RER D and RER A at Gare de Lyon is short (more people transfer there rather than Chatelet-Les-Halles between, both line).

Versailles-Chantiers
The station is aptly named with the ongoing renovation work and the construction work of a new passenger building have begun. (Chantier means a construction site in French)

Render of the second passengers building

alexandru.mircea, VincentB_ liked this post

Last edited by Minato ku; July 22nd, 2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:02 PM   #1619
dimlys1994

And another one from Wikipedia, taken in July:

Old July 22nd, 2014, 06:37 PM   #1620
Sister Greed U

Quote:
Boissy St Léger branch does not serve Val de Fontenay.
Sorry, I meant that the ones that would be travelling from the RER E towards the Boissy St Léger branch could change at Val de Fontenay then Vincennes, to avoid Châtelet, Gare de Lyon and even Nation (or vice-versa).
The ones travelling towards the Marne la Vallée branch could of course just change at Val de Fontenay.
The ones coming from the Chelles branch could change at Noisy le Sec or Pantin, I guess, and then Val de Fontenay (plus Vincennes if Boissy SL).

Does that happen, or would that be too many changes? All of them would be counter-rush flow, though...
I say so, since during the rush hour, that could be an interesting way of escaping the shambles that are Gare du Nord, Châtelet and Gare de Lyon by that time of day.

Quote:
I don't believe that people living closer to RER A will use the RER E, from the east the RER A reaches faster Central Paris and La Défense than the RER E.
Of course.

But wouldn´t a number of these passengers use it to avoid overcrowding, even if the travel time will of course be longer?

Say, if someone coming from Les Boullereaux would carry on on the RER E till La Défense, then what would keep some smart passenger from say Noisy le Grand Mont d´Est from changing from RER A to RER E at Val de Fontenay, if the train from Marne la Vallée doesn´t have any more seats left by the time it gets to Noisy LG-ME?
The same applies to a given passenger travelling from say, Fontenay sous Bois or Nogent sur Marne to La Défense. By changing at Vincennes then Val de Fontenay, wouldn´t the chances to get a seat increase, even if the travel time would be longer?
I´d do it. You can´t compare both systems, but I sometimes use alternative routes through the Barcelona metro and commuter rail systems, to avoid overcrowding...
Ok, alright, that´s me, yeah... but maybe common people who are used to travel everyday and are somehow "hardened" ("durcis", en Français) do it too?

I take it as a fact that there is a bigger number of transfers at Val de Fontenay in the opposite sense, from the Tournan RER E branch towards RER A bound for Central Paris and La Défense...

Quote:
I think that people using the RER E will be the people leaving closer to RER E and people coming from the northern suburbs.
People coming for the north, by example northern RER B and B will a transfer at Magenta.
That´s certain, but if it were me, I´d do anything to avoid the RER A overcrowding.

Quote:
People coming for the south, southern RER B and D will continue to use the RER A.
There is a direct cross platform as Chatelet-Les-Halles between the northbound RER B and the westbound RER A (and the eastbound RER A and southbound RER B, this is pratical for people living in the south and working in the west) and the transfer between the RER D and RER A at Gare de Lyon is short (more people transfer there rather than Chatelet-Les-Halles between, both line).
Ok, here we agree, I meant only the northern branches of RER B, D, and the eastern branches of RER E. Sorry for not explaining it better.

Last edited by 437.001; July 22nd, 2014 at 07:03 PM.
437.001 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
paris, paris transport, rer