daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 27th, 2015, 11:51 AM   #1801
VincentB_

Likes (Received): 494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacré Coeur View Post
No, if you stay inside the city of Paris boundaries, the fare is the same. But if you travel in the suburbs, the RER fare will be more expensive. For instance, if you go to La Defense, you can either take the line 1 or RER A but RER will be more expensive.
Well... You're right but this case is absolutely unique !

Apart from this case, if you are going from a station A to a station B, if you have a choice between the RER and the metro, the fare will be identical (in fact you use the same ticket).
VincentB_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2015, 12:05 PM   #1802
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
Well, Paris suburban railway network is mix of several networks with several height of platform.
Some are hight, others are low, there are been some heightening works in many station but there are still a lot of stations with low platforms.
I don't know if they will increase the height of the platforms at Versailles Chantier. I hope they will do.
So they are trying to get all the platforms the same height eventually? I assume so, wouldn't make sense not to. But will it roll out as other renovations are done at stations or is there a separate project doing this?
Up here in Stockholm we're blessed with stations that almost all have the same platform height. Far fewer stations though, so simpler to keep it that way.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 05:09 PM   #1803
Minato ku

I don't know.

Saint-Lazare
A video form Bombardier, the description says that it is the transilien L but in fact this is the J.
A Transilien J from Ermont - Eaubonne

Svartmetall, dimlys1994 liked this post
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 08:01 PM   #1804
Minato ku

Western extension

La Défense
The station will be built under the CNIT, convention center with a shopping, office and hotel space.

Scroll >>>

Last edited by Minato ku; March 2nd, 2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 08:20 PM   #1805
Neric007

Likes (Received): 2202

Nice! When is this one supposed to open?
Neric007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 08:31 PM   #1806
Minato ku

In 2020.

Western extension

Nanterre - La Folie
This station will be built in lieu of a freight station and train yard located behind La Defense
This station will be the terminus for services coming from the east.

Old March 2nd, 2015, 08:42 PM   #1807
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26123

Quote:
And how they will risk to build RER station under that centre? It's unbelievable
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2015, 03:57 AM   #1808
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1506

Thanks a TON for these.

Nanterre needs canopies over the stairs and cross walk. I give it two winters before complaints reach a fevered pitch.

I don't see any part of the other lines (RER A, Transilien, T2) at La Defense. What will this station's relationship to them be?

Also, I'm a little concerned about there only being two tracks at La Defense. Transilien and RER A both have four tracks. And the two existing underground stations on the E have four tracks. Is there provision for expansion being included? Because it seems critical to have as much capacity as possible at such a major station.
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2015, 12:15 PM   #1809
Honolulu

Likes (Received): 52

Magnifique!
Honolulu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2015, 05:44 PM   #1810
Neric007

Likes (Received): 2202

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Zy99 View Post

Nanterre needs canopies over the stairs and cross walk. I give it two winters before complaints reach a fevered pitch.
Haha, I thought exactly the same!

dimlys1994 liked this post
Neric007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2015, 08:17 PM   #1811
VincentB_

Likes (Received): 494

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlys1994 View Post
And how they will risk to build RER station under that centre? It's unbelievable
In fact there's no risk at all. The CNIT is an unsupported structure. It's a simple shell supported on only three points ; they only have to avoid them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_...d_Technologies

dimlys1994 liked this post
VincentB_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2015, 09:27 PM   #1812
Sister Greed U

Likes (Received): 15392

Quote:
Western extension

La Défense
The station will be built under the CNIT, convention center with a shopping, office and hotel space.

Quote:
Western extension

Nanterre - La Folie
This station will be built in lieu of a freight station and train yard located behind La Defense
This station will be the terminus for services coming from the east.

Quote:
I don't see any part of the other lines (RER A, Transilien, T2) at La Defense. What will this station's relationship to them be?
Good question. I guess we can see the Transilien station on one of the images, but metro line M1 and RER A are nowhere to be seen (or maybe I haven't realised about them being there).

Quote:
Also, I'm a little concerned about there only being two tracks at La Defense. Transilien and RER A both have four tracks. And the two existing underground stations on the E have four tracks. Is there provision for expansion being included? Because it seems critical to have as much capacity as possible at such a major station.
Nanterre-La Folie will play the role for RER E that La Défense plays for RER A.
So there won't be much need of four tracks here, after all, Neuilly-Porte Maillot RER E won't have four tracks either, for instance.

From the spirit of La Défense RER A station, La Défense RER E station will only keep the extra large platforms.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 09:28 PM   #1813
StanaKatic

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:

There will be a hall linking them directly.

Quote:
It should not be a problem for RER E. 22 trains/hour are expected at rush hour (approximately 1 train every 3 minutes) which is more or less equal to RER A and B frequencies which run on two tracks for most of Central Paris.

Minato => Where do these renders come from ?

437.001 liked this post
StanaKatic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 12:43 AM   #1814
Minato ku

Quote:
Because the rest of La Defense station is not under the CNIT but don't worry the RER E station will be connected to the rest.
There are different corridors linking to the main passengers hall (access to the metro), to the RER A, to the suburban rail and T2 station.

RER A platforms, RER E platforms (Gare Eole), suburban rail and T2 platforms (Quais du Transilien et T2) and the metro line 1 platforms (under Coeur transport).

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanaKatic View Post
Minato => Where do these renders come from ?
These renderings come from La Defense92 site.
Note that I had already posted some of these rendering but on a smaller size.

437.001, dimlys1994 liked this post

Last edited by Minato ku; March 7th, 2015 at 11:36 PM.
Old March 4th, 2015, 04:12 PM   #1815
StanaKatic

Likes (Received): 14

Merci !
StanaKatic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 07:02 PM   #1816
00Zy99

Quote:
Because the rest of La Defense station is not under the CNIT but don't worry the RER E station will be connected to the rest.
There are different corridors linking to the main passengers hall (access to the metro), to the RER A, to the suburban rail and T2 station.

RER A platforms, RER E platforms (Gare Eole), suburban rail and T2 platforms (Quais du Transilien et T2) and the metro line 1 platforms (under Coeur transport).

These renderings come from La Defense92 site.
Note that I had already posted some of these rendering but on a smaller size.
Thank you very much. However, they are a little hard to see. Is there any way you could enlarge them?

Also, what are the fanning paths seen at the bottom and upper left of the lower image?
Old March 4th, 2015, 07:36 PM   #1817
Sacré Coeur

Likes (Received): 534

The red shapes correspond to the the connection corridors with RER A/metro line 1 (bottom) and suburban trains/tram T2 (upper left). The green shapes are the entrance / exit of the RER E station from / to the ground level.

Emile Zola

«Plonger une ville dans le formol en arguant de la sauvegarde de son patrimoine culturel et architectural est aussi bien un mensonge qu’une hérésie. Mensonge car les acteurs de l’industrie immobilière savent mieux que quiconque réhabiliter et valoriser le patrimoine architectural d’une ville en l’inscrivant dans son temps présent. Hérésie, car à cultiver une vision passéiste d’une ville, on est assuré de l’étouffer et de la voir dépérir.»

Gaël Thomas
Sacré Coeur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 09:03 PM   #1818
00Zy99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacré Coeur View Post
The red shapes correspond to the the connection corridors with RER A/metro line 1 (bottom) and suburban trains/tram T2 (upper left). The green shapes are the entrance / exit of the RER E station from / to the ground level.
Ah, sorry. I was referring to the pairs of lines fanning out from the axis of the RER A station starting at the very bottom edge of the picture, and repeated on another axis around the Transilien station at top left, not the colored passages out of the new RER E stop.
Old March 4th, 2015, 10:40 PM   #1819
Minato ku

On the left, it is train tracks.
Before and after the transilien train station, there are track leading to Nanterre la Folie.

On the right, it is road tunnels.
Old March 5th, 2015, 10:59 AM   #1820
mramelet

Likes (Received): 29

This RER E extension is probably the most important short-term extension in Paris.
This will help reduce the load on both RER A between Chatelet and La Defense (which is the most loaded part of the whole system with 1+ million PAX/day) and RER B between Chatelet and Gare du Nord. Line 1 will also probably be helped in this process as well.
Can't wait to see it done!

437.001 liked this post
mramelet no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
paris, paris transport, rer