daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 2nd, 2005, 05:54 PM   #61
beta29
*Made in Estonia*

Likes (Received): 68

Some more Berlin low-floor buses!

and again the new double-decker...

Last edited by beta29; February 1st, 2007 at 01:05 PM.
beta29 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2005, 03:38 AM   #62
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18132

Are there Neoplan Centroliners in Berlin?

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 03:20 PM   #63
AmiDelf

Likes (Received): 3

Tramline 87 in Berlin

Welcome to a forest tram in Berlin.

You have to take the S3 line for about 30mins out of from Berlin center to take is nostalgic line. I have never seen such thing in my life before, but here it is.

All of the pictures is taken by me, with my Nokia N70 mobilephone, so.. well.. here we go,...

Inside the wagon,...

This is a bad picture,.. but this tram never stayed longtime,.. so I jumped out and in very fast. So thats how this picture came to life.

The journey went on single track allmost all the time. But there was two tracks at places, so the single wagons could meet without crashing into eachothers.

Communistic towers on the way. Someone knows what this is actually? From the war or during communist time?

A bit blurry picture... but nice place though. Shame that it rained alot that day though.

Inside the wagon again. Less people this time.

Beutifull singletrack tramline! With stoneroads etc. This was a village before it was swallowed by Berlin I guess,...

Graffiti,... lots of it in Berlin.. and also along this tramroute.

On the road again.. The speed wasnt to high, but at times it went faster than in Oslo center <)

At the endstation of the line. Here was a lake and lots of tourist restaurants. As if this part of Berlin was a vacationplace,..

After a walk thru the place,.. it was time to return to Berlin center...

Last picture taken,...

And here a bonuspicture of a station in Berlin

This was a funny station All of the other subway stations looked allmost the same,.. but this one have Norwegian flag and Oslo on it.. Is there a reason for this?

I have many more pictures coming up very soon from other parts of Berlin, Swinoujscie (Poland) and Szcecin (Poland).

I wish everyone a great Happy New Year )

Michal
AmiDelf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #64
Accura4Matalan

Likes (Received): 1557

Great pictures. What a fantastic little route
Accura4Matalan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 06:35 PM   #65
mopc

Likes (Received): 11945

Fantastic! I went to Berlin and didnt see that, neither did I see the Osloer Strasse station. Next time I┤ll visit them!
mopc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #66
wc eend
Fremdk÷rper

Likes (Received): 64

Does Warschauer Strasse also has a U- or a S-Bahn station? And if yes, does it also has a Polish flag?
wc eend no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #67
Hybrid 87
a.k.a. The King Arthur

Likes (Received): 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiDelf
This was a funny station All of the other subway stations looked allmost the same,.. but this one have Norwegian flag and Oslo on it.. Is there a reason for this
The reason is because the station is called Osloer Strasse (or in english - Oslo street) ...

There is a U- and S-Bahn station called Warschauer Strasse (in english - Warsaw street) but don't know how it is decorated ... never been in Berlin
Old December 26th, 2005, 09:42 PM   #68
AmiDelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc eend
Does Warschauer Strasse also has a U- or a S-Bahn station? And if yes, does it also has a Polish flag?
Well, your partly right. S-Bahn line 3 towards east goes there. When we arrived at the station, the transfer was without problems. The old tram waited for us, which was pretty cool.

If you want to get there by tram, its also possible. But since this tram goes for itself, you have to walk a bit. It didnt seem a long walk when watching the map.

Berlin has a huge eastern tramnetwork and for me and those which travelled with me. It was really nice. The trams went really fast, compared to the Oslo tramsystem. Lots of parts goes on its own track. In Oslo allmost 90% of the system goes in the streets tougether with cars.

Thanks for the comments! Berlin was a really nice town, with lots of Christmas markeds etc. Very good food aswell!
Old December 26th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #69
Bender
Rugged Individualist

Likes (Received): 116

Line 87?!? How many Strassenbahn do you have in Berlin?

Looks line the tramway goes in every single tiny road
Bender no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #70
svast

Likes (Received): 56

The 87 is yet another reason to visit Berlin. Perhaps Berlin in summer -06. Both tramway and S-bahn will be nice to take a ride on.
svast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:33 AM   #71
micro

Likes (Received): 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiDelf

This was a funny station All of the other subway stations looked allmost the same,.. but this one have Norwegian flag and Oslo on it.. Is there a reason for this?
In that district of the city (called Wedding), many streets are named after other cities, and Osloer Stra▀e happened to get a subway station. The designers of the station probably thought the Norwegian flag would make a good decoration.
micro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 05:49 AM   #72
Quente
Alß-lß-˘, ˘ ˘ ˘ ˘ ˘ ˘

Likes (Received): 14

Michal -

Terrific photos - the tram and the route are quite charming and picturesque. Since Berlin is on my list of places to visit, I'd like to replicate your trip on Line 87 some day and I had some questions:

1) I went to Urban Rail to check out the Berlin map and was unable to locate S87. You mentioned that you took the S3 (which I was able to find) - what station did you get off at to connect to the S87? It sounds like the connection was close - was it?

2) How long was the ride on line 87?

3) Were you going some place in particular or just going for a ride on the tram?

Thanks - Kent
Quente no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 09:18 AM   #73
Hybrid 87
a.k.a. The King Arthur

Likes (Received): 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quente
1) I went to Urban Rail to check out the Berlin map and was unable to locate S87. You mentioned that you took the S3 (which I was able to find) - what station did you get off at to connect to the S87? It sounds like the connection was close - was it?
Maybe I can help with this one (as much my knowledge of Berlin allows me) ... The tramlines aren't the same as S-bahn lines ... Tramlines don't have a letter before them ... it's just the line 87
Old December 27th, 2005, 12:28 PM   #74
ScHoKoApFeL

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Michal -

Terrific photos - the tram and the route are quite charming and picturesque. Since Berlin is on my list of places to visit, I'd like to replicate your trip on Line 87 some day and I had some questions:

3) Were you going some place in particular or just going for a ride on the tram?

Thanks - Kent

You have to take the S3 (S-Bahn) to Rahnsdorf station. There you can transfer to the Tram Line 87.

There's also a website about it - www.tram87.de - but unfortunately its in german only, and some more pictures http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/de/...sdorf/pix.html and a map: http://www.tram87.de/images/strecke-04-t.gif

The normal VBB ticket (zone BC) is valid there (although this tram line is not marked on the official public transport map).

Last edited by ScHoKoApFeL; December 27th, 2005 at 12:35 PM.
ScHoKoApFeL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:01 PM   #75
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
Line 87?!? How many Strassenbahn do you have in Berlin?

Looks line the tramway goes in every single tiny road
Quite some - but not that many In fact, as I can recall from my visit to East-Berlin in 2002, the 8x-lines were all going into the villages east of Berlin. Too bad I lost my free map...
Alargule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:09 PM   #76
beta29
*Made in Estonia*

In Berlin there are 21 tram lines at the moment with a length of ca. 188 km.
The line 87 doesn┤t really belong to Berlin anymore. It┤s half Brandenburg!

In the year 1939 Berlin really had more than 90 tram lines and they just didn┤t changed the number 87! Thanks for the pictures, nice to see stuff from berlin.

btw. the station S+U Warschauer Stra▀e has no polish flag on it.
Old December 27th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #77
AmiDelf

Quote:
Michal -

Thanks - Kent
You take the S3 line towards Wilhelmshagen which is inside of Berlin. There are 3 zones. A, B and C. The tramroute 87 goes from B to C, so its pretty outside of the center of Berlin. The town have swelled lots of villages arround it.

The ride took about 20mins. Nice wagons and very good nostalgic feeling with a bell waking you up

I was in Berlin on vacation. I live in Oslo. I am also a member of LTF in Norway, which is a transport organization. I am very interested in trams, metros, trains, light rails etc, so taking pics of such things is funny and interesting.

Berlin was really cool for me! I did lots of shopping, going by tram, underground, s-bahn and more. Took their 2 floors buses aswell, visited the new parlament, took som photos of the rests of Berlin wall etc.
Old December 28th, 2005, 01:35 PM   #78
AmiDelf

Tram map of Berlin

Here is the map of the tramnet in Berlin:
http://www.bvg.de/index.php/de/Commo...d/file/id/1395

Here is a part of the map.

As you can see, you can also take the tramline 61. Then you see the line 87. There is also a second line nr 88, but I havent taken it.

Regards,
Michal
Old January 1st, 2006, 03:46 PM   #79
beta29
*Made in Estonia*

Time for more nice pictures!

Let┤s go!

Old and New:

modernized G-train:

U Amrumer Stra▀e:

U Zoologischer Garten U9:

U Adenauerplatz:

U Alexanderplatz U5:

New South station Berlin SŘdkreuz:

That┤s it!
Old January 1st, 2006, 04:02 PM   #80
beta29
*Made in Estonia*

No, as far as I know there are no Centroliners here!

Here are some more pictures from our new doubledecker:

And some other buses:

Tags
berlin, buses, s-bahn, trams, transport, u-bahn