daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 20th, 2011, 05:57 PM   #1301
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
One57 is getting around $10k/sf for upper floor apartments, and groundbreaking for 440 Park and Torre Verre will occur in 2012, with 225 W57th not far behind. NY is the king.
... yes, yes, we know. Your sole function here is to make sure we never forget.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #1302
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
I don't know. With a second recession increasingly likely and NYC facing more layoffs and the affluent the world over seeing their assets being worth less I suspect these towers aren't going up in the near future. Maybe by 2020 but I doubt in the near future.

Really hope I am wrong about that but it is difficult to be optimistic on this.
I 1000% agree with you. The economical climate right now is BAAAAD I don't wanna go off topic with economy talks but this is serious business. The US is close to bankrupt just as Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal are and a second recession is floating above the world on a single rubber baloon. When this baloon explodes things are gonna get really screwed again
Old September 20th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #1303
rencharles
We will never forget

Likes (Received): 93

About construction, comes in my mind; we're talking about New York. Do not forget, we built the Empire State and Chrysler with the crash of the stock exchange.

But at the moment, we are in a market that is not encouraging for commercial projects, but yes residential buildings (like the excellent Carnegie 57). The way is to wait and see.

Last edited by rencharles; September 20th, 2011 at 06:50 PM.
rencharles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #1304
Hendycfc

Likes (Received): 422

Im loving the optimism guys :L
Hendycfc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #1305
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rencharles View Post
About construction, comes in my mind; we're talking about New York. Do not forget, we built the Empire State and Chrysler with the crash of the stock exchange.

But at the moment, we are in a market that is not encouraging for commercial projects, but yes residential buildings (like the excellent Carnegie 57). The way is to wait and see.
So 440 Park and Tower Verre could make it to reality since they are mixed use. Especially 440 Park since it's on such a prestigious spot
Old September 20th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #1306
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I 1000% agree with you. The economical climate right now is BAAAAD I don't wanna go off topic with economy talks but this is serious business. The US is close to bankrupt just as Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal are and a second recession is floating above the world on a single rubber baloon. When this baloon explodes things are gonna get really screwed again
Firstly, the US is not remotely close to bankruptcy. The US has the strongest economy in the world and will for a very long time. Moreover, NY, which is the epicenter of the US economy, has a strong demand for high-end apartments from all over the world.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 07:50 PM   #1307
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Well, I'm no econome so I can only reffer to what I see in news. News could be wrong though (as it happened countless times already), so if I said something inaccurate sorry. But I'm quite certain Greece is one step from being bankrupt and countries like Italy and Portugal are following in its footsteps. I bet the collapse of Euro would badly affect the entire world, not just Europe
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #1308
primus20

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Well, I'm no econome so I can only reffer to what I see in news. News could be wrong though (as it happened countless times already), so if I said something inaccurate sorry. But I'm quite certain Greece is one step from being bankrupt and countries like Italy and Portugal are following in its footsteps. I bet the collapse of Euro would badly affect the entire world, not just Europe
be optimistic irland, the baltic countrys and maybe spain have found a way out of crisis

whatsgreece?
its bulshit, its only a little country with a lot of tourists, thats all.

what do you want to do in a crisis?

you need a save place for your money. you can invest your money in real estate. and you can make money with appartements...

I ♥ NY
primus20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #1309
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Well, countries like Italy will have it hard to not end up like Greece. Fortunately we won't help them. That's good because I'm strictly against sending money to countries which have a higher average earn than we have and which got themselves into throuble because of incompetent managment. Greece and countries like Greece should be left to bankrupt

Well, but that's kinda off topic. My problem is this "Eurowall" Euro saving program pisses me off so much. I work to earn money and I should send a lot of it to incompetent countries? Oh no

Well, now back to topic. Are there any news about this building? Do they already have financing secured for it?
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #1310
primus20

Quote:
Well, countries like Italy will have it hard to not end up like Greece. Fortunately we won't help them. That's good because I'm strictly against sending money to countries which have a higher average earn than we have and which got themselves into throuble because of incompetent managment. Greece and countries like Greece should be left to bankrupt

Well, but that's kinda off topic. My problem is this "Eurowall" Euro saving program pisses me off so much. I work to earn money and I should send a lot of it to incompetent countries? Oh no

Well, now back to topic. Are there any news about this building? Do they already have financing secured for it?

do you know that new york had a boom in the last 10 years?

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?...166712&page=33

and there are only a few skyscrapers on the diagramm, the build much more

from whitch country are you?

I ♥ NY

Last edited by primus20; September 20th, 2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #1311
zapor1

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:

New york has been booming......

Maybe not in terms of supertalls though.
zapor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #1312
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by primus20 View Post
do you know that new york had a boom in the last 10 years?

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?...166712&page=33

and there are only a few skyscrapers on the diagramm, the build much more

from whitch country are you?
Slovakia. Though it is my great dream to one day live in the US
Old September 20th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #1313
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapor1 View Post
New york has been booming......

Maybe not in terms of supertalls though.
This is so far off topic it isn't even funny.

Do keep in mind though New York is only solvent because the US government bailed it out with untold quantities of money. In 2008 the entire financial system based in New York collapsed and only government money saved it.

So it is more accurate to say that New York's economy is/was a disaster but the rest of the U.S. (and the world) has given it so much money that it is actually doing pretty well.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #1314
zapor1

Likes (Received): 31

Huh, i meant in terms of buildings. Not economy. Or did you quote the wrong person?
zapor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #1315
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

sorry, my bad then.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #1316
Botswana

Likes (Received): 30

New York wasn't bailed out. The city has a powerful economy outside of Wall Street, and many of the major financial corporations that were bailed out aren't even headquartered in the city. Most of the major US corporations simply have offices there, but the policies of those companies don't reflect how the city itself is doing economically. The Stock Exchange's massive flucuations are representative of the entire country, not just New York City.

The US is in recession, but it's not bankrupt. Nor will it go bankrupt. It just needs to get its out of control spending and debt under control and stop sending all of its jobs to India and China. And regulate their banking system. I have faith that these buildings we be built, especially since the suburban housing market is in such terrible shape. People are going to be more apt to live in highrises.

New York's real estate sector is booming, and lots of people want to live there. It's not like Dubai where all the buildings have no people.
Botswana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:13 AM   #1317
primus20

Quote:
Slovakia. Though it is my great dream to one day live in the US
i think you are not the only person with this dream

I ♥ NY
Old September 21st, 2011, 04:55 AM   #1318
rencharles
We will never forget

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botswana View Post
New York wasn't bailed out. The city has a powerful economy outside of Wall Street, and many of the major financial corporations that were bailed out aren't even headquartered in the city. Most of the major US corporations simply have offices there, but the policies of those companies don't reflect how the city itself is doing economically. The Stock Exchange's massive flucuations are representative of the entire country, not just New York City.

The US is in recession, but it's not bankrupt. Nor will it go bankrupt. It just needs to get its out of control spending and debt under control and stop sending all of its jobs to India and China. And regulate their banking system. I have faith that these buildings we be built, especially since the suburban housing market is in such terrible shape. People are going to be more apt to live in highrises.

New York's real estate sector is booming, and lots of people want to live there. It's not like Dubai where all the buildings have no people.
Exactly. You said it all. : Lol:
rencharles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 11:48 AM   #1319
sweet-d

Likes (Received): 265

yeah he definitely did say it all
sweet-d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 12:05 AM   #1320
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

It was approved by the LPC on 13 Sep. 2011:

RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
53 w. 53rd st., jean nouvel, midtown, moma, new york, nyc, supertall, tower verre