daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 9th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #221
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2717

^
Yes.
1995/1996 is last season at the old stadium
http://european-football-statistics....e/avened90.htm

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #222
ottooo
Kijk omhoog!

Likes (Received): 1

It could be used as a national stadium, like Stade de France or Wembley. They could host big tournaments like the Athletics world cup. It could ofcourse also be used in the bid for the Olympics.
ottooo no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #223
Joop20

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavn View Post
Why would the Amsterdam Arena be demolished when a new stadium comes? Why shouldn't they coexist? The Arena can survive perfectly on it's own without Ajax as an events stadium. With that function it would also fit perfectly within its surroundings with the new Getz eventscenter (2000) The Heineken Music Hall (5000) and the new "music box" (15000).

And about the 80000 capacity, Altough the stands don't look like it on tv, Ajax sells out pretty much every match. In that sense, more capacity is needed. I think 65 to 70 thousand would be perfect. If it would indeed become 90000 stadium, they could make a structure with a 20000 top tier. They could blind it when the seats aren't needed. If done properly that could really work. You just take the blinders of when the extra capacity is needed.

And don't forget. When the initial plans for the Arena were made, Ajax attracted 14000 people in a 20000 stadium. 50000 was regarded as way to big. Nobody ever thought Ajax would fill that. They had even made plans to blind the second tier. Ajax hoped that they could sell 23000 tickets per match and fill the first tier.

It has been sold out with ~50000 people from day one in 1996...
Maybe you should read my post again - i argued exactly the same as you, namely that both stadiums can coexist. I just don't think that having the Amsterdam Arena as just an events stadium (concerts etc.) is viable - it's likely that most large concerts will be moved to the new 80k stadium anyway, because it has a higher capacity.

What I argue is that Ajax stays at the Amsterdam Arena, and uses the new 80k stadium for the games that attract the largest crowds. The 80k stadium can be used for those games, for athletics events, for the national team, for concerts, for the cup final etc.
Joop20 no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #224
Rhjh

Likes (Received): 87

ajax and sold out
Rhjh no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2008, 03:16 PM   #225
carfentanyl
efil4oremirp

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
This time they won't be that arrogant and in 2008 there will be atleast 1 +70000 stadium in Amsterdam. Wheter it will be an extended Arena or a new stadion is a matter of wait and see.
Whoaaa, I know sometimes buildings can erect pretty fast, especially if you hire a thousand underpaid construction workers from India or Bangladesh, but I doubt that an extension or a new stadium can be built within a year!

I assume you mean that by the end of 2008 they will have made the decision whether a +70.000 seater is gonna erect in Amsterdam...

We'll see!
Old January 10th, 2008, 03:38 PM   #226
skaP187

Likes (Received): 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhjh View Post
ajax and sold out
Groningen and extanding to 40 000...

(so stupid to not think of a possebillety to be able to extand your stadium and I donīt mean with a louzy 3 000)
Nothing goes above Groningen...
Old January 10th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #227
Rhjh

Likes (Received): 87

at least Groningen is sold out every game ajax only has 35 max on average

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaP187 View Post
Groningen and extanding to 40 000...

(so stupid to not think of a possebillety to be able to extand your stadium and I donīt mean with a louzy 3 000)
Nothing goes above Groningen...

you clearly don't no what you are talking about
Rhjh no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2008, 05:50 PM   #228
lpioe

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
at least Groningen is sold out every game ajax only has 35 max on average
According to this site they have an average of 48.748 this season.
Do they count tickets sold instead of actual gate entrance?
lpioe no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2008, 06:23 PM   #229
mavn

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpioe View Post
According to this site they have an average of 48.748 this season.
Do they count tickets sold instead of actual gate entrance?
Yes they do. All availlable season tickets (I believe around 43000) are sold out. For pretty much every match all tickets that are left sell out aswell. You can't get a ticket.

The problem is, that there are several thousend season ticket holders that don't show up every 2 weeks. Either because they don't want to or simply can't. If they would give up there season ticket however, chances of visiting a match are pretty much zero. Especially the big ones. They hold on to their tickets paying 250 to 600 euros a year even though the don't come every match. It's a problem, but what can you do about it? If anything, it shows that there is a high demand for tickets if people are willing to do that.

The 35000 that Rhjh says is nonsense. On average I think its roughly 44 to 45k. Ajax however chooses to publish sold tickets: 48 to 51k.

You have to understand though that Ajax, being by far the most successful club from the Netherlands, is a club that people that don't support it tend to hate. Making fun with false facts apparently releases some of the stress that they feel when the word Ajax is named on a forum, in a paper, a conversation, where ever. I wouldn't give it to much attention.

@carfentanyl

that was supposed to be 2018... My bad.
mavn no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #230
mavn

Quote:
ajax and sold out
What do you call it, when all tickets are sold, and you simply can't get a ticket if you want to??? Does sold out have a different meaning in Groningen???
mavn no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2008, 07:37 PM   #231
Red85
AARRGGHH

Likes (Received): 225

Quote:
ajax and sold out
the stand which you see on the tele is a stand for business cards. due the freakin' high ticketprices there no ordinary person can afford a season ticket on that stand. Many companies have a few season tickets for their customers or workers for giving them away. Many 'bobo's' have a seat there. And then atractive games, against the subtop or top, are more populair to use them than when a relegation candidate is comming up...

...altough I guess those ARE the atractive ones if you look the last games.....

Quote:
Yes they do. All availlable season tickets (I believe around 43000) are sold out. For pretty much every match all tickets that are left sell out aswell. You can't get a ticket.

The problem is, that there are several thousend season ticket holders that don't show up every 2 weeks. Either because they don't want to or simply can't. If they would give up there season ticket however, chances of visiting a match are pretty much zero. Especially the big ones. They hold on to their tickets paying 250 to 600 euros a year even though the don't come every match. It's a problem, but what can you do about it? If anything, it shows that there is a high demand for tickets if people are willing to do that.

The 35000 that Rhjh says is nonsense. On average I think its roughly 44 to 45k. Ajax however chooses to publish sold tickets: 48 to 51k.

You have to understand though that Ajax, being by far the most successful club from the Netherlands, is a club that people that don't support it tend to hate. Making fun with false facts apparently releases some of the stress that they feel when the word Ajax is named on a forum, in a paper, a conversation, where ever. I wouldn't give it to much attention.

@carfentanyl

that was supposed to be 2018... My bad.
True. I can't say anything else. As an Ajax supporter you have to say only 'I'm an Ajacied' and you've set an atmosphere at the place where you are... exept Amsterdam then.
Ajax is the most loved AND the most hated club in the country. but thats another discussion.

If you want to buy a ticket for one of the top games you have to be quick. 5 weeks before a competition game starts the pre-sell has started. For the only one classic at home (Ajax - feyenoord) you realy need to be at a sell point at 9am. because at half past 9 only 1000 tickets of the high price class (+70 euro) of the roughly 10.000 tickets are available.

Last edited by Red85; January 10th, 2008 at 07:45 PM.
Red85 no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2008, 05:43 PM   #232
Joop20

Likes (Received): 4

Children, this whole Ajax ticket sales discussion is off topic, lets keep to the stadiums for the 2018 bid in this thread.

Is there any news from Belgium on their new stadiums?
Joop20 no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2008, 08:07 PM   #233
FlyingDutchman

Likes (Received): 272

Breda gave a positive answer on joining the city list who are interested in the WC.

Theo Mommers of NAC Breda said that it would be a good thing if Breda had a WC stadium.
He also said that NAC only wants it when NAC has beneffits of it, the most important thing for NAC is that the famous 'Avondje NAC' would stay.

NAC have plans to expand their stadium, but it wouldn't be big enough yet for the WC, so they'll have to change the plans or expand another time.

Last edited by FlyingDutchman; January 12th, 2008 at 01:48 PM.
FlyingDutchman no está en línea  
Old January 13th, 2008, 05:45 PM   #234
skaP187

Likes (Received): 503

Quote:
you clearly don't no what you are talking about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joop20 View Post
Children, this whole Ajax ticket sales discussion is off topic, lets keep to the stadiums for the 2018 bid in this thread.
Fc Groningen will have to build a new stadium (again? yep again!) if they want to extend big and not a little 3 000. You mark my words, you should listen more to the signals the president of club gives.
Why do they have to do an investigation which costs alot of money, just to see if extension is possible? Itīs a brand new stadium and they donīt know?
Old January 13th, 2008, 10:54 PM   #235
Red85
AARRGGHH

Likes (Received): 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaP187 View Post
Fc Groningen will have to build a new stadium (again? yep again!) if they want to extend big and not a little 3 000. You mark my words, you should listen more to the signals the president of club gives.
Why do they have to do an investigation which costs alot of money, just to see if extension is possible? Itīs a brand new stadium and they donīt know?
I wonder. The brand new stadium is the new green hell, better than het Oosterpark. Loved by the supporters and everything. why not an extra ring on it?
Red85 no está en línea  
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #236
Chimaera

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joop20 View Post

Is there any news from Belgium on their new stadiums?
If you feel like translating, because I don't have time for that now...: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1390
Chimaera no está en línea  
Old January 14th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #237
Mr D
tiptoe

...in short: by 2013 Standard (Ličge) will be playing in a new UEFA 4-star stadium.
For the moment they are looking for the best location, but politics (both local and regional; city of Ličge and the Wallon region) are in favour of the project, as opposed to the project in Bruges.
Mr D no está en línea  
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:51 PM   #238
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1157

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
Breda gave a positive answer on joining the city list who are interested in the WC.

Theo Mommers of NAC Breda said that it would be a good thing if Breda had a WC stadium.
He also said that NAC only wants it when NAC has beneffits of it, the most important thing for NAC is that the famous 'Avondje NAC' would stay.

NAC have plans to expand their stadium, but it wouldn't be big enough yet for the WC, so they'll have to change the plans or expand another time.
I think I heard or read somewhere that the KNVB asked 12 Dutch cities whether they were interested in becoming a host city. Only Utrecht said they were not, all the others were. The 12 cities were - out of the top of my head - Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Eindhoven, Groningen, Tilburg, Breda, Enschede, Arnhem, Kerkrade, Alkmaar and Heerenveen.
Quintana no está en línea  
Old January 14th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #239
Chimaera

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintana View Post
I think I heard or read somewhere that the KNVB asked 12 Dutch cities whether they were interested in becoming a host city. Only Utrecht said they were not, all the others were. The 12 cities were - out of the top of my head - Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Eindhoven, Groningen, Tilburg, Breda, Enschede, Arnhem, Kerkrade, Alkmaar and Heerenveen.
I thought main sponsor Phanos had plans for a new stadium for FC Utrecht? Or was that merely gossip?
Chimaera no está en línea  
Old January 14th, 2008, 04:51 PM   #240
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1157

They still have those plans I think (which includes ownership of FC Utrecht). Problem is that Phanos wants Utrecht's current stadium and the adjacent terrains in return so they can build appartments and offices there.

Phanos basically expects a huge gift from the city of Utrecht (since the city owns the current stadium) in return for taking over FC Utrecht. What makes it even more interesting is that FC Utrecht was nearly bankrupt a few years ago and was saved by the city. The city bought the stadium giving Utrecht the millions they needed to survive, if I remember correctly. So the city had to save the club first and are now asked to give the stadium they bought for millions away for free to a commercial enterprise. Clearly, they are never going to go ahead with this.
Quintana no está en línea  

Closed Thread