daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old December 1st, 2010, 12:30 AM   #601
Levant

Likes (Received): 0

This is just unbelievable. While our government is cutting back on funding for education and culture and what money is left is going to stop the economies of the PIIGS countries (the fact that it seems like the WC is going to Portugal and Spain is preposterous in this light) from collapsing, Mark Rutte is all too eager to go to the Zurich to suck up to Blatter so we can get the "right" to renovate stadiums throughout the country, suspend labor and advertising rules and exempt the FIFA from taxes so Blatter and his corrupt pals can become even richer.

A World Cup in the Benelux would be great, our countries have never hosted the World Cup in the past, we have a great footballing (both in the game itself and in supporting) tradition, and we are economically and politically stable. But we aren't going to ***** ourselves out to the FIFA, and we don't have a national inferiority complex which makes us compensate for everything and become overtly nationalistic.
Levant no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2010, 01:06 AM   #602
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2246

No chances for benelux sorry! Quatar and russia are very strong with Galactics projects! no way for belgium to compete with them!

I think for a next euro perhaps
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:54 PM   #603
Flying Hollander

Actually our chances are rising bringing the fans in play. And this is what the WC is about, not the money not the power promoting Football nothing else counts.

Holland/Belgium brings a brass band to the party in Zurich.
http://plixi.com/p/60125017

Budgets cuts during the crissis is just temperally this WC is just 8 years away a lot happens in 8 years. And if we can lend money to Ireland and soon to Portugal i think we have enough money to build and organish this event.

If all noses are pointed the same direction the Dutch and their friendly counterparts Belgium can do a lot.

I hope the scores are decent otherwise the phrase corruption is going to be very loud indeed. So a second vote round is a must with a close ends between the candidates.
Flying Hollander no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:22 PM   #604
Axelferis

Belgium is not unified. We don't want a world cup in a country where inhabitants don't even know what belgium is.
Old December 1st, 2010, 04:06 PM   #605
genkie456

Well what Belgium is, doesn't matter. You can taste 300 different beers in Belgium. So you can try 10 different beers/day. You will easily forget what Belgium is.

Spain is also unified with catalonia and 'el pais vasco'.

Of What about Russia and the 'chechens'.

Of what about Britain with scotland, wales, northern, ireland,...

Belgium doesn' exist as much as other countries doesn't. It isn't about states, but about a football culture.
genkie456 no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM   #606
JimB

Likes (Received): 4863

Quote:
Originally Posted by genkie456 View Post
Well what Belgium is, doesn't matter. You can taste 300 different beers in Belgium. So you can try 10 different beers/day. You will easily forget what Belgium is.

Spain is also unified with catalonia and 'el pais vasco'.

Of What about Russia and the 'chechens'.

Of what about Britain with scotland, wales, northern, ireland,...

Belgium doesn' exist as much as other countries doesn't. It isn't about states, but about a football culture.

By the way, Scotland, Wales and N Ireland are irrelevant to your post - because they are not part of England's bid!
JimB no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2010, 04:26 PM   #607
Flying Hollander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
Belgium is not unified. We don't want a world cup in a country where inhabitants don't even know what belgium is.
You mean you don't want the world cup in Belgium. Too bad the Netherlands AND Belgium are bidding together and we can organize something like a WC. We live and breath football as in both countries football is the numero one sport.

And no Russia is a good country too but the distance is really huge which breaks the atmosphere. If we don't get the WC i rather grant the WC to England which have the same idea as we.

But i don't liked it when the FIFA are playing countires against each other as they ask England to join the bidding. You know that England has a big advantage because if this.
Old December 1st, 2010, 04:57 PM   #608
CarlosBlueDragon
CarlosRedDragon

Likes (Received): 678

Hmm...

Don't worry!!

Hope Belgium and the Netherlands will win on tomorrow!! i guess...

If lost, nothing and stop cry!! Would...Fifa world cup forever..!!

more....more...!!

> 同一个做夢
> 同一个中国
(同一个北京)(同一个上海)(同一个天津)(同一个广州)(同一个深圳)(同一个重庆)(同一个杭州)(同一个南京)(同一个沈陽)(同一个武汉)(同一个成都)(同一个長春)(同一个长沙)(同一个苏州)(同一个无锡)(同一个扬州)(同一个西安)(同一个吉林)(同一个青島)(同一个大连)(同一个厦门)(同一个潮州)(同一个高州)(同一个香港)(同一个澳門)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I LoVe ChInA
CarlosBlueDragon no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2010, 05:15 PM   #609
genkie456

Quote:
By the way, Scotland, Wales and N Ireland are irrelevant to your post - because they are not part of England's bid!

England is indeed not a state. Thus why worry about a possible 'non unified' Belgium.

If they call the bid: Flanders/Brussels/wallonia/Holland-Bid it's also ok.
genkie456 no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2010, 05:47 PM   #610
Flying Hollander

Did you like the brass band reception at the start of the day? That was a good call to attract some attention about the important things. (that i think)
Old December 1st, 2010, 08:59 PM   #611
Axelferis

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
Please leave it and stop feeding this insignificant immature Lille troll.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the presentation tomorrow.
I'm not trolling and just ask important question!

I live in lille and i know the political situation of our neighbour state called belgium.

Every two or three month we see here in france reports concerning the wishes of flamish separatists! Do i invent that?

that's why i don't understand belgium want to bid despite the fact the politcal situation turns often into a tragedy!

Is it a crime to worry about the good organisation by belgium wheras we know instabilty is prevalent?!!

is it trolling to ask that?

We know that some flamish region have banned french language! Can you believe just one second it is serious to give a organisation like the world cup to people who don't want french to be used?

please answer to this problem rather than treat me a troll.
Old December 1st, 2010, 09:26 PM   #612
Aere

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:

I live in lille and i know the political situation of our neighbour state called belgium.

Every two or three month we see here in france reports concerning the wishes of flamish separatists! Do i invent that?

that's why i don't understand belgium want to bid despite the fact the politcal situation turns often into a tragedy!

Is it a crime to worry about the good organisation by belgium wheras we know instabilty is prevalent?!!

We know that some flamish region have banned french language! Can you believe just one second it is serious to give a organisation like the world cup to people who don't want french to be used?

French isn't banned anywhere in Belgium. I know that some schools want Dutch to be spoken in the schoolyard, but I can see why. Saying French is banned is a ridiculous statement. Besides, Flemish kids start learning French at the age of 9. Pretty odd for "people who don't want french to be used".

And seeing you are using the argument "I'm from Lille", I will use the argument "I'm from Belgium".
Aere no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2010, 09:55 PM   #613
Baai

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:

Flemish separatists are a minority. You're French and therefore read only one side of the story. It's about money, plain and simple. The Flemish want to stop handing out blank cheques. Walloons aren't happy about that. We have no problem paying for people in need, but I think we have a right to have some say in how that money is being spent. I think we have a right to demand that the money we're paying is being spent wisely and not just handed out freely in other to win easy votes for politicians.
Right now there's zero financial incentive for the regions to improve their stats on unemployment. Quite the contrary. So why would a region spend money trying to improve the situation? The money is federal tax money (predominantly paid for by Flemings), but it's the regions who decide who deserves to get it. If there are more people unemployed, they get more money. Until this changes, unemployment in Wallonia will remain sky high.
Wallonia's been getting incredible amounts of money from Flanders, from Europe, for decades. Seriously, the situation should have improved long ago had the money been spent wisely, had they used it to invest rather than simply hand it all out (or put it in their own pockets).

And French isn't banned. But is it really too much to ask that people who live in Flemish towns learn the language? Apparently it is for a lot of Walloons. How would you feel if I moved to France and demanded that the French authorities provided all the paperwork for me in Dutch?
Flemish school kids all learn French in school (and English too + German in a lot of cases). The opposite isn't the case. Walloon children have to choose between Dutch or English, can't learn both. You'd think that if Wallonia thinks so highly of the country Belgium, they'd at least bother to teach the language 60% of Belgians speak in schools. Not so.

This country is not going to fall apart. A lot of the Flemish demands would actually result in an improvement for Wallonia too in the long run. It would force them to work more efficiently. It would force them to do something about their high unemployment rate.
The majority of Flemings doesn't want separation, we do want a more efficient government and for that major reforms are necessary.

And you know what..I think a World Cup football would do a world of good to bring the two regions together. That's what we lack right now. There doesn't seem to be anything we have in common. We watch different TV shows, listen to different kinds of music. We need a common project.

Last edited by Baai; December 1st, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
Baai no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2010, 10:17 PM   #614
Tchek

Likes (Received): 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baai View Post
Flemish separatists are a minority. You're French and therefore read only one side of the story. It's about money, plain and simple. The Flemish want to stop handing out blank cheques. Walloons aren't happy about that. We have no problem paying for people in need, but I think we have a right to have some say in how that money is being spent. I think we have a right to demand that the money we're paying is being spent wisely and not just handed out freely in other to win easy votes for politicians.
Right now there's zero financial incentive for the regions to improve their stats on unemployment. Quite the contrary. So why would a region spend money trying to improve the situation? The money is federal tax money (predominantly paid for by Flemings), but it's the regions who decide who deserves to get it. If there are more people unemployed, they get more money. Until this changes, unemployment in Wallonia will remain sky high.
Wallonia's been getting incredible amounts of money from Flanders, from Europe, for decades. Seriously, the situation should have improved long ago had the money been spent wisely, had they used it to invest rather than simply hand it all out (or put it in their own pockets).

And French isn't banned. But is it really too much to ask that people who live in Flemish towns learn the language? Apparently it is for a lot of Walloons. How you feel if I moved to France and demanded that the French authorities provided all the paperwork for me in Dutch?
Everyone pays taxes in Belgium, but hearing Flemish propaganda, it seems like only Flemish are paying and only Wallonia is receiving. This is petit-bourgeois populism. True, Wallonia has to cope with a post-industrial past much like northern France/England AND is not really well managed and too much un-nationalistic (or regionalistic) which means that the region is proletarizing.

Tell me which Flemish town is overrun with "walloons', and don't mention people from Brussels and the periphery, they are not "Walloons". Second, those "invading" Brusselers are actually the richest and most contribuable Belgians, so mixing it up with the rethoric that "they invade us and want our money" is mixing two unrelated things up for the sake of manipulation. The "problem" is that french-speaking Brussels; like Paris or London, is growing.

Second, so-called "Walloons" going to Flanders (there are very few) are actually Belgians going around in their supposed own country which is not the case if you as a Belgian goes to France.

It's funny how all the flemish scaremongers about paranoid "Walloon invasion" lives all in Ghent or Antwerp, cities where French-speaking people are actually very few and where Flemish people actually don't interact with "Walloons"... "Walloons" being some kind of abstract concept that represents everything that goes wrong in Flanders.
Tchek está en línea ahora  
Old December 1st, 2010, 10:34 PM   #615
Axelferis

i just give you an example:

Lille 3000XXL in 2009 a cultural event hosted every 3 years here! The city decided to co organised the final ceremony in a french -belgian partnership!

The final ceremony was in Kortrikj or Courtrai in french. We have been there with my girlfriend .

Guess what? No inscription in french, no indications in french in the whole town despite the fact it was a fench city original event

never seen this anywhere.

Last edited by Axelferis; December 1st, 2010 at 10:47 PM.
Axelferis no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2010, 10:48 PM   #616
Baai

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchek View Post
It's funny how all the flemish scaremongers about paranoid "Walloon invasion" lives all in Ghent or Antwerp, .
Heh? What makes you think we're paranoid about Walloon invasion? Where does that come from? Is this what's written in Walloon press?
It would be great if more Walloons came here for work.
Baai no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:28 AM   #617
_X_

Likes (Received): 511

I wish this bid well,it would truly be a great world cup
image hosted on flickr

[img]http://t1.************/images?q=tbn:9KFtuZfTvfayPM:http://worldcupfifa2000.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/holland-fans-3.jpg?w=600&h=381&t=1[/img]
image hosted on flickr

Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 06:11 AM   #618
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1124

We all appreciate busty girls but it doesn't work so well when in an orange tank top while sporting orange tan. Look like overgrown oompa loompas'.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 06:38 AM   #619
_X_

Likes (Received): 511

I'm so so judgemental
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:14 AM   #620
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1124

Walbanger no está en línea  

Closed Thread