daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:29 AM   #621
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 2401

That helicopter thing was a bit bizarre

That said, this would be my favorite for the World Cup. The booze, the girls, the parties, biking to the games...FANTASTIC!!
slipperydog no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:32 AM   #622
Advancer

Likes (Received): 23

I read on the site of a dutch newpaper that according to a annomynos(or somtheing like that) source in the holland-Belgium bid, that they expect that they will get the vote of Blatter and Platini.
Don't think that will happen , but we will see.
Advancer no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:43 AM   #623
genkie456

Likes (Received): 0

Platini will vote for us.

I think blatter will vote for Russia.
genkie456 no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:58 AM   #624
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9719

I really like the Belgium-Holland bid.
Very refreshing IMHO !

I also liked the presentation.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:59 AM   #625
JimB

Likes (Received): 4813

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
I really like the Belgium-Holland bid.
Very refreshing IMHO !
Good bid.

Poor presentation, though, sadly.
JimB no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:04 AM   #626
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9719

The presentation wasn't bad IMHO, I believe they tried to make something different, but I also have to admit indeed that the result was a bit messy unfortunately.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:20 AM   #627
genkie456

Likes (Received): 0

Well the presentation wasn't that bad. You don't have to repeat all the good points in your bid. The fifa members already know that. It was a presentation with a bit of humor. Not an ordinary Powerpoint presentation.

Nevertheless i don't think that a presentation could change the opinions. The Fifa members already made up their minds I think.
If they don't get the WC, it's not due to the presentation.
genkie456 no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:58 AM   #628
JimB

Likes (Received): 4813

Quote:
Originally Posted by genkie456 View Post
Well the presentation wasn't that bad. You don't have to repeat all the good points in your bid. The fifa members already know that. It was a presentation with a bit of humor. Not an ordinary Powerpoint presentation.

Nevertheless i don't think that a presentation could change the opinions. The Fifa members already made up their minds I think.
If they don't get the WC, it's not due to the presentation.
I don't think that a below par presentation would hurt any bid's chances.

But a seriously impressive and emotive presentation could definitely help their chances - eg London 2012 bid final presentation in Singapore.
JimB no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:00 PM   #629
Advancer

Likes (Received): 23

I think that al the votes for the first round are already decided by the members.
The presentations might have some influence in next rounds, when there are less bids to chose from.
Advancer no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:38 PM   #630
Thermo

Likes (Received): 4157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
i just give you an example:

Lille 3000XXL in 2009 a cultural event hosted every 3 years here! The city decided to co organised the final ceremony in a french -belgian partnership!

The final ceremony was in Kortrikj or Courtrai in french. We have been there with my girlfriend .

Guess what? No inscription in french, no indications in french in the whole town despite the fact it was a fench city original event

never seen this anywhere.
Thermo no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:46 PM   #631
Thermo

Likes (Received): 4157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchek View Post
Everyone pays taxes in Belgium, but hearing Flemish propaganda, it seems like only Flemish are paying and only Wallonia is receiving. This is petit-bourgeois populism. True, Wallonia has to cope with a post-industrial past much like northern France/England AND is not really well managed and too much un-nationalistic (or regionalistic) which means that the region is proletarizing.

Tell me which Flemish town is overrun with "walloons', and don't mention people from Brussels and the periphery, they are not "Walloons". Second, those "invading" Brusselers are actually the richest and most contribuable Belgians, so mixing it up with the rethoric that "they invade us and want our money" is mixing two unrelated things up for the sake of manipulation. The "problem" is that french-speaking Brussels; like Paris or London, is growing.

Second, so-called "Walloons" going to Flanders (there are very few) are actually Belgians going around in their supposed own country which is not the case if you as a Belgian goes to France.

It's funny how all the flemish scaremongers about paranoid "Walloon invasion" lives all in Ghent or Antwerp, cities where French-speaking people are actually very few and where Flemish people actually don't interact with "Walloons"... "Walloons" being some kind of abstract concept that represents everything that goes wrong in Flanders.
You shoud really, really watch the video of the speech of Bart De Wever for the Walloon businesspeople of 'Cercle de Wallonie'. At the end, he even gets a standing ovation! Every single Belgian should listen to this speech: http://blogs.rtlinfo.be/sanslanguede...onie-30112010/

The questions after his speech are also incredibly interesting.

// now back on-topic
Thermo no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:00 PM   #632
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
No chances for benelux sorry! Quatar and russia are very strong with Galactics projects!
i told it!
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:34 PM   #633
SASH

Likes (Received): 5857

Fijn voor jou.
SASH no está en línea  

Closed Thread