daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 21st, 2007, 11:33 PM   #141
skaP187

Likes (Received): 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermo View Post
When I read all this, I really want Holland to go for it alone. Jeez.
Don´t worry, be happy!

Just to of them having a fight over billjarts and darts or something and me pushing them a little bit.

We still got ten years the time.
and otherwise we´ll go for it alone or with Flanders.

Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:56 PM   #142
Arjuch

Likes (Received): 0

?? I never said something against the Benelux bid!
Arjuch no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2007, 01:37 AM   #143
skaP187

Quote:
Originally Posted by europe! View Post

?? I never said something against the Benelux bid!
Well I did I guess...
Don´t know to be hounest, but if the Belgiums start saying they are better at playing billjarts, shit man that hurts.
If the belgiums get smart...(), we´ll do it on our own, so it comes down on doing it together...

(If about 60% if Belgium get´s smart, there won´t be a Belgium anymore)
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:08 AM   #144
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1158

It was announced yesterday that Feyenoord will get a new stadium with a capacity of at least 75,000 (100,000 max.). It will have a sliding roof and it should be ready in time for the 2016/2017 season. It will costs 300 to 400 million euro's and be located near their present home De Kuip. De Kuip itself will not be demolished and will get another function.
Quintana no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:32 PM   #145
gonzo
Sent from down-below. :P

Likes (Received): 6

If guess this would be the stadium if Luxembourg City becomes a venue.

Looks inadequate for WC purposes.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:46 PM   #146
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Luxembourg won't be used for any venues. They might organize the drawing or be left out completely.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 02:26 PM   #147
Vermeer

We dutch are fantastic

After having read this tread I am so proud of being Dutch. We have the best stadiums in the World and if we don’t have them we will build them. Belgium will of course never manage to build any stadiums good enough for a WC. We will also manage to fill all these big stadiums after the WC. No problems for Feyenoord to fill a 75.000 + stadium every week. The fact that only an average of 40.912 came to their matches last season is a detail we just forget. No problems for AZ Alkmaar to fill a 40.000 + stadium every week. The fact that only an average of 15.980 came to their matches last season is another detail we just forget.
The Netherlands is also one of the greatest sporting nations in the world. The fact that most Dutch people are to young to remember when we were a world power in football and most of our Olympic gold medals comes from speed skating, a sport that no other country in the world take serious shouldn’t be talked about, because we are anyway superior to the Belgians.
Another thing that makes us Dutch superior to the Belgians is the fact that the foreigners like us. I live in The Hague, a city with thousands of expats, because of all the international organisations. They tell me that the Dutch are the cheapest, rudest and less service minded people in Europe. These are all qualifications we need when dealing with crazy hooligans. Friendly big spenders and service minded Belgians will be too nice to the hooligans and it all may end with a disaster.

To be serious:
I am sceptical to a Dutch/Belgian WC. The Netherlands only have 3 teams that really need 40.000 + stadiums and I don’t think any of them need bigger than 55.000. Belgium only has two teams that need 40.000+ stadiums. Too many empty stadiums after the WC may destroy the football, because not much is as sad as a half empty stadium. A WC will cost between 3 and 4 billion euro, only for stadiums and I think it would be naive to think that the two Governments and the sponsors will cover the bill. A lot of the bill has to be covered by Dutch and Belgian football, money that could be used to develop football in the two countries, instead of developing stadiums that we don’t need.
Maybe I can accept a Dutch/Belgian bid, because two countries are sharing the bill, but for you screaming about a Dutch bid: Grow up. No Dutch politician can be stupid enough to spend that much money on a big party.
Vermeer no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2007, 02:47 PM   #148
TC03

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaP187 View Post
I think the stadiums which would be extended would atleast be 75/80 % full after a WC. Also when their won´t be doing that well for a season or what.
The big question is will after or before this tournemant be a combined competition. You know what I am talking about. The Beneliga!
Perhaps, probably not in my opinion.

My guess would also be around 75%, but it might come near to 100% as well. We have the advantage that most WC-stadiums will be expanded anyhow, even if we don't get the WC. Also, when the clubs fear they won't be able to fill their stadiums, they could just decrease the capacity after the WC. Not too much of a problem.
TC03 no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2007, 02:52 PM   #149
Chimaera

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

Could be used as training facility.
Chimaera no está en línea  
Old November 22nd, 2007, 03:24 PM   #150
Joop20

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermeer View Post
After having read this tread I am so proud of being Dutch. We have the best stadiums in the World and if we don’t have them we will build them. Belgium will of course never manage to build any stadiums good enough for a WC. We will also manage to fill all these big stadiums after the WC. No problems for Feyenoord to fill a 75.000 + stadium every week. The fact that only an average of 40.912 came to their matches last season is a detail we just forget. No problems for AZ Alkmaar to fill a 40.000 + stadium every week. The fact that only an average of 15.980 came to their matches last season is another detail we just forget.
The Netherlands is also one of the greatest sporting nations in the world. The fact that most Dutch people are to young to remember when we were a world power in football and most of our Olympic gold medals comes from speed skating, a sport that no other country in the world take serious shouldn’t be talked about, because we are anyway superior to the Belgians.
Another thing that makes us Dutch superior to the Belgians is the fact that the foreigners like us. I live in The Hague, a city with thousands of expats, because of all the international organisations. They tell me that the Dutch are the cheapest, rudest and less service minded people in Europe. These are all qualifications we need when dealing with crazy hooligans. Friendly big spenders and service minded Belgians will be too nice to the hooligans and it all may end with a disaster.

To be serious:
I am sceptical to a Dutch/Belgian WC. The Netherlands only have 3 teams that really need 40.000 + stadiums and I don’t think any of them need bigger than 55.000. Belgium only has two teams that need 40.000+ stadiums. Too many empty stadiums after the WC may destroy the football, because not much is as sad as a half empty stadium. A WC will cost between 3 and 4 billion euro, only for stadiums and I think it would be naive to think that the two Governments and the sponsors will cover the bill. A lot of the bill has to be covered by Dutch and Belgian football, money that could be used to develop football in the two countries, instead of developing stadiums that we don’t need.
Maybe I can accept a Dutch/Belgian bid, because two countries are sharing the bill, but for you screaming about a Dutch bid: Grow up. No Dutch politician can be stupid enough to spend that much money on a big party.
I agree with you that a Dutch bid is not realistic. I however strongly disagree with the rest of your post and with the way you're talking down the Dutch. Certainly with an attitude like that we'll never get anywhere in this country.

And you seem to forget that developing football and developing stadiums are interconnected, especially in Belgium where most of the stadiums are still in a very poor state. New stadiums will generate more money for the clubs, that can be used to develop football.

And as was stated before in this thread, many of the stadiums that could be used for the 2018 world cup will be built by then no matter what. I don't think teams in Holland and Belgium are so stupid to expand their stadiums or build new ones without investigating whether they have the potential to fill those stadiums.

And although you state that a world cup will cost between 3 and 4 billion in terms of stadium costs, you're forgetting that these events have proven to be profitable for the economy of a country as a whole.
Joop20 no está en línea  
Old November 23rd, 2007, 06:27 AM   #151
LMCA1990
Top tier

Likes (Received): 3454

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavn View Post
IMO, It looks like a big room
Old November 23rd, 2007, 06:31 AM   #152
djwizard84

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

luxembourg will be only the city host for all the international committes... not for games....
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:53 PM   #153
mavn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcm1990 View Post
IMO, It looks like a big room
You like it better when it looks like this?

And the roof is just very handy for things like this for instance:

mavn no está en línea  
Old November 23rd, 2007, 05:36 PM   #154
skaP187

Gelredome is so nice when the roof is open, much better!
Old November 24th, 2007, 07:30 PM   #155
ZeTaCy

Likes (Received): 15

Only thing ill add is the simple fact that Rotterdam will have 2 Stadiums with 50.000+ seats ready to be filled up with roaring fans!

It will be a perfect ticket for Rotterdam to present itself as the only city in the Netherlands that is truely a Worldcity!
Old November 24th, 2007, 07:33 PM   #156
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Old November 24th, 2007, 07:40 PM   #157
skaP187

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeTaCy View Post
Only thing ill add is the simple fact that Rotterdam will have 2 Stadiums with 50.000+ seats ready to be filled up with roaring fans!

It will be a perfect ticket for Rotterdam to present itself as the only city in the Netherlands that is truely a Worldcity!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintana View Post
You can say what you want, but Rotterdam is the footballcapital of the Netherlands, with three teams in the higest division.
Old November 24th, 2007, 07:42 PM   #158
Quintana
Registered Abuser

That doesn't make it a world city though. The football capital is Eindhoven by the way, all the titles have been going to that provincial town in Brabant for years now.
Old November 24th, 2007, 07:48 PM   #159
skaP187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintana View Post
That doesn't make it a world city though. The football capital is Eindhoven by the way, all the titles have been going to that provincial town in Brabant for years now.
If you have got three teams playing at the highest division, for my it is very clear that you are the capital of football.

One thing you are right, saying Rotterdam is a worldcity, does make me laugh a little bit too...
Old November 24th, 2007, 07:51 PM   #160
Quintana
Registered Abuser

If one of those teams can only average 2500 people per game it shouldn't even exist though.

Closed Thread