daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 20th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #201
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8718

Burger King? Guess you meant In 'n' Out Burger, which tops Burger King by a country mile.
KingNick no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #202
Magnus Brage
Another RussianDatingScam

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
Burger King? Guess you meant In 'n' Out Burger, which tops Burger King by a country mile.
What is the best Burger-restaurant with the tastiest Burgers for less $$
BurgerKing, McD or Jack-In theBox ?

I have tasted the Junk Food-menues both at McD, BurgerKing, PizzaHut MaxBurgers and Kentucky Fried Chicken. It's tasty but hazardous food. I eat at McD maximum once a month.

My favourites are the McFeast, Double Whopper with Cheese, The El Maco and
the QP. Then I'll have a milkshake, mcNuggets and chicken-wings. All this I wash down with a Can of Cherry Coke. Finally a bunch of dough-nuts and a regular cup of coffee before getting back on the Road again.

BTW Jack In The Box is not available where I live.

I still remember When I was 17 years old and met a man on the train. He seemed to be a very urbane cosmoplite hippie-dude.

He impressed me, telling me the fascinating story about his budget travel to America. He got the oppurtunity to travel from Coast to Coast selftransporting a new vehicle for the behalf of an auto-dealer. He paid nothing, but he had to reach his goal in appropriate time.

Is this common? Is it risky? What happends if you are late with delivery?

Do you have to have references/credentials doing this? Usually How many hours do you have to spend behind the wheel a day ?
Magnus Brage no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #203
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Brage View Post
What is the best Burger-restaurant with the tastiest Burgers for less $$
BurgerKing, McD or Jack-In theBox ?

I have tasted the Junk Food-menues both at McD, BurgerKing, PizzaHut MaxBurgers and Kentucky Fried Chicken. It's tasty but hazardous food. I eat at McD maximum once a month.

My favourites are the McFeast, Double Whopper with Cheese, The El Maco and
the QP. Then I'll have a milkshake, mcNuggets and chicken-wings. All this I wash down with a Can of Cherry Coke. Finally a bunch of dough-nuts and a regular cup of coffee before getting back on the Road again.

BTW Jack In The Box is not available where I live.

I still remember When I was 17 years old and met a man on the train. He seemed to be a very urbane cosmoplite hippie-dude.

He impressed me, telling me the fascinating story about his budget travel to America. He got the oppurtunity to travel from Coast to Coast selftransporting a new vehicle for the behalf of an auto-dealer. He paid nothing, but he had to reach his goal in appropriate time.

Is this common? Is it risky? What happends if you are late with delivery?

Do you have to have references/credentials doing this? Usually How many hours do you have to spend behind the wheel a day ?
I try not to eat fast food too often. If forced to choose between McDonald's and Burger King, I'll usually go with Burger King. My favorite fast food chain (although they're not nearly as widespread as the big ones and they may not even be nationwide) is Arby's - I like their roast-beef-and-cheese sandwiches - roast beef is their specialty.
Some convenience store chains sell decent sandwiches - in the area I'm in most (roughly northern New Jersey to northern Virginia and west across Pennsylvania), I'll look for a Wawa or Sheetz when I'm on the road and need something to eat.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #204
Fabri88
Keratoconic User

Likes (Received): 2201

Longest track driven by me: Busto Arsizio - Mantua (about 200km) - 1st December 2007

Longest track in one day: Busto Arsizio - Squillace (CZ, Italy) (1220 km) - 4th August 2006

Longest route by car: Busto Arsizio - Nuremberg (Germany) - Bamberg (Germany) - München (Germany) - Füssen (Germany) - Innsbruck (Austria) - Lake Garda - Riccione - Busto Arsizio (2120 km) - from 9th August 2001 to 24th August 2001 (Lake Garda was reached on 12th August 2001)
Fabri88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #205
Shifty2k5

Likes (Received): 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Brage View Post
America must be the ultimate driving country -Big comfortable vehicles, straight wide roads, steady pace of traffic and lots of cheap motels and BurgerKings. You could probably take nap while driving with your pinky.

Driving long distance in Sweden is very tiring, here you would definately not do 600 miles/960km for 9,5 hours, maybe 2 drivers could do it.

960km thats the eqvivalent for Sundsvall-Malmö

I did Helsingborg - Örnsköldsvik last summer, 1076km, one of the best drives I've ever had!
Shifty2k5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 09:39 PM   #206
Magnus Brage
Another RussianDatingScam

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty2k5 View Post
I did Helsingborg - Örnsköldsvik last summer, 1076km, one of the best drives I've ever had!
1076km: If you drove the same distance + another 170km, but in the other direction, to the south, taking the ferry to Helsingör. You would have reached Paris ,distance from Helsingör:1243km. Seems to be a lot more interesting goal than Örnsköldsvik.

But by doing so you would probably have spent some extra hours in the german "staus" auf der Autobahn+having some troubles with overheating engine.

I plan to go south by car this summer, it will be an adventure. I have some worries about my car, is it wise to travel long distance with an old -00 Opel Omega. It will certainly overheat if I get stuck in one of those nightmare Autobahn MegaStaus.
Magnus Brage no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 01:21 AM   #207
Ukraine

Likes (Received): 505

Calgary,AB - Montreal,QC - 3 900 km in 1 day and 4 hours of driving
Ukraine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:51 AM   #208
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukraine View Post
Calgary,AB - Montreal,QC - 3 900 km in 1 day and 4 hours of driving
140 km/h average speed? I don't believe.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 09:05 AM   #209
Baiazid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1019

I did a lot of times long trips, only with the regular "pit stops": refill, piss and coffee to go.
- Bucharest - Nürnberg and Nürnberg - Bucharest (1550 km) ~15h
- Bucharest - Prague - Dresden (1496 km) ~15h
- Bucharest - München - Bregnz (1661 km) ~17h

Two weeks ago I did Zell am See - Bucharest (1368 km) in 14h. And once I did Buchrest - Paris (2300 km) in 25h, but with 1h sleep in a parking.

Without any stop at all I usually do Bucharest - Nadlac (RO / H border) 600 km, in ~6h

Last edited by Baiazid; February 22nd, 2011 at 09:13 AM.
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 09:50 AM   #210
igorlan
אני חושב, משמע אני קיים

Likes (Received): 781

In Sept 2010 I did Krakow PL - Tozeur (Tunisia) - ferry from Trapani IT - Tunis.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:06 AM   #211
urbanfan89

Likes (Received): 67

300 km between Windsor and Kitchener, Ontario.
urbanfan89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 03:18 PM   #212
bogdymol
bogdymod

On Sunday I did Arad (RO) - Budapest - Vienna - Salzburg - Innsbruck - Neustift im Stubaital (1020 km) in 10h30m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiazid View Post
Without any stop at all I usually do Bucharest - Nadlac (RO / H border) 600 km, in ~6h
100 km/h on average??? My best was Arad - Bucharest (550 km) in 8 h.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 03:26 PM   #213
Baiazid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
On Sunday I did Arad (RO) - Budapest - Vienna - Salzburg - Innsbruck - Neustift im Stubaital (1020 km) in 10h30m.

You can achive that only by night. I regularely leave Bucharest between 2:00 and 4:00 in the morning and I reach Nadlac between 8:00 and 10:00. And it's not a question of driving like a maniac, it's simply about being able to maintain a higher speed for a longer time in far less traffic then during day time.

I think that less then 7h during day time is impossible.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 03:34 PM   #214
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I usually drive Garching bei München-Bologna (580 km) in 5h15-5h30
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 04:07 PM   #215
Baiazid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I usually drive Garching bei München-Bologna (580 km) in 5h15-5h30
Yes, but that's on a motorway. Bogdymol reffers to the fact that out of the 600km from Bucharest to Nadlac, ~460 Km is a regular 2 lane road, ~15 km is 4 lane road and only ~125 km is motorway. And all that while the traffic itself could easily chug even a motorway during day time.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 05:26 PM   #216
strzala1500

Likes (Received): 0

My Top-list

1. Vaasa - Oulu - Vaasa ~640 km(Finalnd)
2. Vaasa - Rovaniemi ~540 km (Finland)
3. Österfärnebo (near Sandviken, Sweden) - Sundsvall - Österfärnebo ~530 km
4. Warszawa - Świebodzin ~435 km

Last edited by strzala1500; February 22nd, 2011 at 05:33 PM.
strzala1500 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 05:35 PM   #217
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiazid View Post
Yes, but that's on a motorway. Bogdymol reffers to the fact that out of the 600km from Bucharest to Nadlac, ~460 Km is a regular 2 lane road, ~15 km is 4 lane road and only ~125 km is motorway. And all that while the traffic itself could easily chug even a motorway during day time.
True, but I was referring to the route passing through Garmisch, which has 60 km of normal roads... but yes, they are still not comparable
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 09:24 PM   #218
auler84
Auler84

Likes (Received): 7

Ive made a road trip across South America in 2004.

Belo Horizonte (BR) - Bauru (BR)- Foz do Iguaçu (BR) / Ciudad del Este (PY) - Mendoza (ARG) - Santiago (CHI) - Osorno (CHI) - Bariloche (ARG) - Neuquen (ARG) - Buenos Aires - Montevideo (URU) - Punta del Este (URU) - Porto Alegre (BR) - Gramado (BR) - Curitiba (BR) - São Paulo - Belo Horizonte.

Total of 11.000 km in 22 days.
auler84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 09:48 PM   #219
meaburroperomerio

Likes (Received): 561

Buenos Aires_ San Martín de los Andes( Argentinian Patagonia)----> 1700 km in 17 hours.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 09:55 PM   #220
and802

Likes (Received): 55

San Carlos de Bariloche (RA) - El Calafate (RA) = 1300 km 2 days.

although this is not the highest ranked distance, most of it was a dirty road (no mo than 80 km/h). advantages - I spotted 3 cars alltogether on the road. done in a regular 4-door sedan. for last 800 km there were only 2 gas stations.
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote