daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 8th, 2007, 12:14 AM   #61
REYMAN
Me alivio de tu control

Likes (Received): 8

I drove from Los Angeles California USA @ 7 30am (depart time) all the way to Pocatello Idaho USA @ 12am (arrival time). I only stopped for a max of 15 mins for gas in 5-6 places. I passed thru Las Vegas, St Geroge, and Salt Lake City.

Total Time: 16 hours, 30 minutes Total Distance: 851 miles

By the way. This was just a fun road trip. The next day at 6am my friend and I awoke and returned to LA. Good times!

......VARELA desde 1982
REYMAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #62
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19411

That's only 83km/h on average. When i drove to Denmark i did about 100km/h on average without speeding. And i stopped several times for using the bathroom and for gas.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #63
Bitxofo
¡Viva el metro!

Location: Alderaan BCN BKK ATH PAR LON SYD SFO CPT TYO SCL CHC BUE SCG SVQ AGP BDN
Likes (Received): 3675

Once, I made 620 kms. in 4 hours, non stop. That is 155 kph! (But it is not legal...)
川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean), in Japanese.
Yo si la ciudad no tiene metro, como que no es gran ciudad y entonces ya paso de vivir allí. Norreport+12000
Bitxofo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #64
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Sorry for off topic but... Bitxofo, congratulations for this amount of posts ! Great contribiuton to SSC
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 12:48 AM   #65
vari k.
Kosova is ALBANIAN

Likes (Received): 0

my friend did 1121.18 miles or 1800km in an 18 hour trip...new york to florida

As for me, probably Tirane to Sarande in Albania which although may not be a huge distance, it becomes one since a lot of the road is mountainous and you have to drive slow...

www.urbania21.com/forum
vari k. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 04:43 AM   #66
MKECane

The longest was from Milwaukee to Seattle. My friend and I left around 3am Saturday morning. We had to stop in North Dakota for about 90 minutes because his car wasn't in the best shape, and we needed to let it cool off (we were without a/c for the rest of our trip in the middle of August...ugh). We stopped in western Montana for a couple hours at a rest area in the middle of the night, and arrived in Seattle Sunday afternoon. It took 37 hours, and covered just under 2000 miles.

The longest solo drive was from Milwaukee to Columbus, Mississippi, twice. That was about 12 hours, and 850 miles. Both times, it was with nothing more than rest area stops and gas stops.

Other long drives:
Milwaukee to Miami, and back, both with a co-pilot and non-stop: 25 hours, 1500 miles.
Milwaukee to Denver: 18 hours, 1050 miles
Boston to Milwaukee

I've had lots of long road trips, and wish I was back in school so I had the time in summer to keep doing them. Now, I'm lucky if I get to make a 300 road trip for a weekend.
MKECane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 04:45 AM   #67
Æsahættr

Likes (Received): 5

With my family with me as part-time driver, 420 miles [~675km] , Minneapolis - Chicago.
It took us about 6.5 hours going there, 9 hours going back because of this horrible rainstorm that flooded up a major highway and we had to go around it, it took 2 hours.
Old December 12th, 2007, 09:24 AM   #68
spongeg

Likes (Received): 1740

Quote:
Originally Posted by preme3000 View Post
Since we all love motorways(highways for our friends), whats the longest distance you have driven without stopping?

Last week I drove from London to Manchester. This is by far the longest I have driven, I think I covered probably half the UK Island without stopping!!!!

Distance - 211.5 miles (340.38 km)
Duration: just over 3 hours

UK speed limit 70mph but that was possibly my minimum on this trip on clear straights
lol that sounds kinda funny

over here we drive that far to go shopping - from Vancouver to Seattle

I don't the longest i have driven without stops but we drove to San francisco from Vancouver in 3 days - about 8-10 hours of driving per day
spongeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #69
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

Likes (Received): 888

driven myself: From my hometown (near Koblenz) to Brussels, then Luxemburg, and then back to home (880km). But with full of stops. The longest non-stop distance is pretty short, from Trier to Darmstadt via Kaiserslautern and Frankfurt, around 250km

The longest distance ever driven (not myself) is from my hometown to Pleudihen-sur-Rance near Rennes (950km) and to Krotoszyn between Poznan and Wroclaw (???km), all with bus. Longst in car is from my hometown to Prague
Patrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 05:44 PM   #70
Pavlov's Dog

My longest one day drives are:

Seattle, Washington to Lake Tahoe, California which is 861 miles or 1385 km

The longest trip though was from Oslo, Norway to Alta, Norway through Sweden and Finland with a 4 hour nap in the car. 1735 km all on two lane roads.
Pavlov's Dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2007, 04:01 PM   #71
Mateus_
Urban rules

Likes (Received): 2

1620 km, from Paris (France) to Monção (Portugal) in 16 h 30 min
Mateus_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 06:42 AM   #72
DanteXavier

Likes (Received): 6

From Albany NY to Orlando Florida-trip took like 2 days(we had to stop midway through), and we went through like 10 states on the way. It was a great trip.
DanteXavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 06:49 AM   #73
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8823

Longest drive I ever did was 900 odd km - Auckland to Kaitaia and back in one day. Sheer hell on earth, never again!
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #74
VikramRao

The longest non stop Ive ever driven is about 670 miles, between New York City, NY to Indianapolis, In. I only stopped for gas once. I did drive to Denver from New York city, 1700 miles, did it in 2 1/2 days.
VikramRao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #75
icebergsyndrome

Likes (Received): 46

Chicago to Daytona Beach, FL almost a year ago with a detour to St. Louis. 1300 mi (~2090 km)

Will do it again in less than a week, without the detour. Should be about 1160 miles (~1866 km).

This is all in shift driving though. I'd never dare drive for so long by myself.
icebergsyndrome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 02:30 AM   #76
gladisimo
If I could be anyone...

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Longest drive I ever did was 900 odd km - Auckland to Kaitaia and back in one day. Sheer hell on earth, never again!
I feel you. I drove 12 hours in a day with 3 fuel stops picking up friends from college. It was fun, but I was WASTED by the end of the day

RIP Dopey - 9/2005 - 20/2/2008
gladisimo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 10:39 PM   #77
SnailTrain

I once drove from New York to San Francisco in 5 days... I clocked up 3,500 miles. The longest continuous stretch was an 1,100 mile marathon in the snow and ice from Chicago, leaving at 8am, to Cheyenne, arriving at 3 am the next morning, whilst my partner slept it out! I was virtually hallucinating when I stopped. Next day I drove another 600 miles. I drove across the entire state of Nevada at 100+ mph, because it had no posted speed limits. This was in 1979. I'm sure it's no kind of a record, but it was to me and so remains.
SnailTrain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:25 PM   #78
Dan

Likes (Received): 3

I drove about 24hrs non-stop once. That was really horrible! I know I should have taken a break and will definitely not be repeating that again.
Dan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:34 PM   #79
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MateoW View Post
Sorry for off topic but... Bitxofo, congratulations for this amount of posts ! Great contribiuton to SSC
OMG , but I don't think it's real. For comparison ,a human being lives, on average, only 28 000 days...

The longest distance covered in a day by me is ~1000 km, from Timisoara to Innsbruck (fortunately I wasn't the driver).

Last edited by wyqtor; December 22nd, 2007 at 11:43 PM.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:36 PM   #80
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19411

I once spend 22 hours in a bus from Zwolle to Costa Brava. Damn lack of leg-space. Never again, i'd rather drive there myself in 2 days. (to me, more than 800 - 900km 2 days in a row is not safe).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote