daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties » Transportation and Infrastructure

Old July 11th, 2006, 03:59 AM   #1
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 222

St.Petersburg/Clearwater Photos

I figure since Tampa has its own photothread why not make one for St.Petersburg/Clearwater i figure combining the two cities works because they work with each other and also we dont have that many clearwater pics so combining is better.

Downtown St.Pete pics from my cellphone

bayshore plaza from baywalk

I-275/I-175 Interchange

The Pier at Clearwater Beach and the Beach itself

The Pirate Ship

US19 and Drew St Overpass

Excuse the quality its all from my camera phone.
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 11th, 2006, 04:36 AM   #2
jvance75

Likes (Received): 3

I live in Downtown St. Petersburg in the Madison....I just switched to Verizon and got the V phone with a 1.3mp camera, so now I don't have to carry a camera around and can take pics daily, to avoid posts...I will just edit this post everytime I update.

This is just a test image of a 1.3 megapixel 1280x960 compressed JPEG that has been "enhanced" for the web and shrunk down to 800x600 so that everyone can enjoy random Downtown St. Petersburg area only pics without eating up bandwidth or older monitor space. Any complaints just message me on here to avoid another post. Thanks...at least this image is an example of the average condo priced in the 350-400k(didn't pay anywhere near that price two years ago) range of a "young professional ". The camera doesn't work very well at night and I'm not walking outside right now with an expensive 5mp professional camera from Sony with all of the wonderful crack head homeless that appear at night except weekends, then they stay near baywalk instead....The Madison is located across from The Progress Energy Center for the Arts(Mahaffey Theater/new Salvador Dali Museum/new Center Plaza and Waterfront Urban Park...all after knocking down the crappy old bayfront center). There are a ton of projects that are under construction and have broke some type of ground/secured financing...dozens of row/townhome developments along 4th Ave S north of 4th street and going on up to the trop *amazing, I didn't even expect this so fast*, USF Dorms (Finished), USF Parking Garage (Finished), Barnes & Noble(2 floors of the parking garage) on 5th Street with the 4th Starbucks in DT U/C, McNulty Lofts(finished and people moving in), one of the nations largest All Children's Hospital with the *Wal-Mart ER* U/C, The Sage U/C, Orion Condos U/C, The Signature U/C, The Edge (breaking ground), The Heights at Madison (last property, a dentist, sold a few months ago.), Sembler Tower on Beach (has bought up all properties and closed them down for planned demolition), Progress Energy Tower U/C (can be seen from just about everywhere downtown), Kessler Hotel/Condo(facing 2nd street, right now a dirt lot and a very unpleasant view of the side of the new Progress Energy Tower that will eventually connect to the other project but right now looks like a 12 story concrete wall with glass windows above that void. I hope Kessler starts soon, but its hard as hell to secure financing for condotels, especially with this being only the second brand in the upscale chain), tons of Central Ave Condos ranging from a few units to 100s actually U/C, The Ovation from JMC is also being fast tracked because of demand for these high-priced condos on Beach Drive. On the other side of town, which will be less updated because I usually take I-175 to anything I can't walk to at the moment but see at least 3 times or more a week...these projects are larger and going up fast. The W Plaza U/C, W Flats @ The Palladium (finished and great infill), 400 Beach Drive (now taller than the Presbyterian Tower? behind it), 4th Street hotel/condo project w/ addition to the historic part finishing fast, clearing land for another project I will explore when I have time this week, bayway seems to be totally dead(with city officials doubting anything will occur anytime soon on that property, hes going to turn it over like other properties he seems to be doing all over Pinellas..nix this project totally, it was starting to look like something on the strip in Las Vegas at last rendering anyway), The Arts Center Village(nice name for two large towers on central in the center of the core, not near water) is advertising all over downtown, Walker-Whitney is doing something with the property that is on 5th ave n and 4 st, they were going to sell it, I guess the two other W projects did so well...I can and will think and gather/explore the rest of the projects to give them an existence here. There are a lot of large and small projects I didn't even mention that I have no idea about other than dirt is moving at this point.

TEST

Last edited by jvance75; July 11th, 2006 at 09:14 AM.
jvance75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 08:00 AM   #3
cityboy777

Likes (Received): 0

cityboy777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 11:20 PM   #4
Hannibal

It's a little old from last year when Parkshore was still rising from the ground and Progress Energy wasn't even started yet but I thought it would add to the thread until I can get back to Progress Energy on Weedon Island to take a some newer pics. In two years it'll really look different...

Hannibal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 07:10 AM   #5
I-275westcoastfl

Here is a pic(a lil blurry) i took tonight in downtown i think st.pete should put lighting on the buildings. Just look how dark the downtown looks even in Tampa you can see alot of the major buildings we need to light up ours too. Click refresh if it still shows up really big.

Here is a pic of Sand Key.

Last edited by I-275westcoastfl; August 13th, 2006 at 07:25 AM.
Old August 16th, 2006, 01:51 AM   #6
I-275westcoastfl

Here are some pics i took on St.Pete Beach on Sunday.

Sunset

Old August 16th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #7
cwat212
Palma Ceia

Likes (Received): 2

Nice Pics. Thank you for sharing!
cwat212 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 12:40 AM   #8
I-275westcoastfl

Here are some pics from downtown st.pete that i took today.

Anyone know whats this building called?

Progress Energy almost done, i like it! I hate to say it but a spire would make it look even better.

I tried taking a pic of downtown in between I-175 and I-375 but this stupid red SUV blocked my view so i took this a few miles up with interstate.

Hit a bump when i took this pic from the car

From my camera phone

On US 19 before a storm

Last edited by I-275westcoastfl; October 2nd, 2006 at 12:51 AM.
Old October 29th, 2006, 05:17 AM   #9
I-275westcoastfl

These are from last weekend

Place on Beach Dr

Beach Drive im guessing halfway done?

Parkshore Plaza

Downtown Saftey Harbor from camera phone

These are from two weeks ago

Someone got a happy birthday in the sky

Last edited by I-275westcoastfl; October 29th, 2006 at 05:35 AM.
Old October 30th, 2006, 07:24 PM   #10
cwat212
Palma Ceia

The little restaurant/pub next the Grayl's Hotel in the top picture is one of my favorite places to eat in downtown. Moon Under Water - It is a great English pub. I love their curry.

Nice pictures by the way!
cwat212 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 01:40 AM   #11
FloridaFuture
Former Mod

Likes (Received): 144

Parkshore Plaza looks ok, a little to much beach style for my taste in downtown. And the color sceme and how they put it together is iffy. Progress Energy looks good though and I'm hoping Beach Drive will too. St. Pete will begin to look like a big city when Edge, Signature, Bohemien, and Ovation are U/C. They are all more arcitectually urban style towers. But overall St. Pete is looking good. Does anyone think they could snap some pictures of Clearwater?
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 02:54 AM   #12
I-275westcoastfl

I actually could considering i live there might go to dowtown once and try to get a clearwater skyline pic of the dowtown and sand key its half the distance there than to st.pete. When i go though ill snap some pics next time i go.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 03:54 AM   #13
I-275westcoastfl

Here are some pictures of downtown clearwater from a condo across the intercoastal. My step dad took these from the condo he was working in.

If the pics are big press F5

Downtown Clearwater

Island Estates or something like that

Rich hood and condos

Nice Boat!

Pirates have taken tourists hostage in clearwater lol!

A pano of the Skyline!

Last edited by I-275westcoastfl; November 13th, 2006 at 05:55 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 09:40 PM   #14
FloridaFuture
Former Mod

Thanks for filling my request, I-275westcoastfl. I haven't been to downtown Clearwater in a few years atleast. I'll have to go back soon and see how it is. Hopefully Clearwater will get some more impressive towers soon, I see a few cranes.
Old December 17th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #15
FloridaFuture
Former Mod

Pictures about 2 weeks old I took from the water. I finally learned how to use photobucket! I'll probaly be posting others in other thread, I've got some more. I know these are a bit blurry.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old December 17th, 2006, 05:12 PM   #16
I-275westcoastfl

I like the first two Vinoy Condos pics they are really good.
Old December 20th, 2006, 01:12 AM   #17
Robert.Maddrey
Native Floridian

Well. I'll toss the few photos I have taken in Pinellas county.

The Stetson Law campus

Dunedin

Howard Park

Tarpon Springs

Down Shift Magazine
>> My Photos of Tampa <<
Robert.Maddrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 04:11 AM   #18
multifamilyinvestor

New Progress Energy Building

Unfortunately - it was an overcast day and I got there right at dusk - So I ran out of good light very quickly.

LOBBY

VIEWS FROM 10th FLOOR

SNAPSHOTS ON THE WAY

WALKING FROM PROGRESS ENERGY TO BAYWALK

multifamilyinvestor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #19
FloridaFuture
Former Mod

Nice pictures the lobby of Progress Energy, it looks interesting but cool. 400 Beach Drive is coming along nicely too.
Old December 28th, 2006, 09:28 PM   #20
jzquince69
jimmy

Likes (Received): 545

BOA is growing on me. Progress bldg. is neat. nice lobby. good shots; rarely seen pix on SSC. keep taking more.
jzquince69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
clearwater, florida, photography, st. petersburg