daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Tampa / St Petersburg

Old January 19th, 2014, 03:47 PM   #1
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

Likes (Received): 433

Please properly quote news articles.

Hi everyone. I've noticed that some members are not properly quoting news articles per SSC guidelines. I would like to remind everyone that because of copyright/legal reasons, we can no longer post entire news articles here in the forums. I ask that everyone please adhere to format stated in Jan's announcement when quoting news articles.

Thank you,
HARTride 2012
HARTride 2012 | Please visit my website: Public Transit As Told By HARTride 2012 - Public Transit told from a unique perspective! - Tampa Bay, New York City, Hampton Roads, Europe | Follow me on Twitter | "Like" my page on Facebook
HARTride 2012 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 19th, 2014, 04:38 PM   #2
Taller, Better
Administrator

Likes (Received): 5867

Thanks for making a note about this, Hart; it is very important to the website that we don't contravene copyright laws, and we stick to "fair usage". As much as we hate doing it, I'm afraid we will have to edit quotes that are too long and simply leave a small paragraph or so at the beginning. Please help us by posting correctly in the first place.
Thank you!!

"Free your mind, and the rest will follow". -Foster & McElroy
Taller, Better no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 06:33 PM   #3
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

Here's an example of a local article that is formatted in the proper manner. From the Belleview Biltmore thread.

Source: FOX 13

Quote:
First, 2004's unusually busy hurricane season shredded the roofs of the Belleview Biltmore. Then the passing years shredded the blue tarps.

Now there is significant water damage throughout what was formerly believed to be the world's largest occupied wooden structure.
Full Story: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...umbling-castle
HARTride 2012 | Please visit my website: Public Transit As Told By HARTride 2012 - Public Transit told from a unique perspective! - Tampa Bay, New York City, Hampton Roads, Europe | Follow me on Twitter | "Like" my page on Facebook
Old January 20th, 2014, 08:01 PM   #4
Brian72

Likes (Received): 58

Personally, I rather not read the entire article in the post, they take up too much room.

Its always better to go to the site IMO.

HARTride 2012 liked this post
Brian72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 06:35 PM   #5
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

Hey everyone,

I'm still seeing some members not correctly quoting news articles. THIS MUST CEASE! As Taller, Better mentioned, overly long articles will have to be shortened.

Please use the format that is outlined in post #3 of this thread. Please keep in mind that the QUOTE brackets MUST enclose the article snippet, AND a link to the full article MUST be provided.

Thank You.

Last edited by HARTride 2012; February 6th, 2014 at 11:29 PM.