daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite supertall project(s) - multiple choice.
Burj Dubai - Dubai 1,420 42.57%
Pagcor Tower - Manila 159 4.77%
Korean Rail Corp. Tower - Seoul 106 3.18%
Russia Tower - Moscow 680 20.38%
Chicago Spire - Chicago 955 28.63%
Guangzhou Television Tower - Guangzhou 262 7.85%
Incheon Towers - Incheon 143 4.29%
Sumida Tower - Tokyo 126 3.78%
Oryx Tower - Doha 93 2.79%
Solar Tower - Australia 130 3.90%
Port Tower Complex - Karachi 66 1.98%
Abraj Al-Bait - Mecca 204 6.12%
Crown Las Vegas - Las Vegas 105 3.15%
Barwa Tower - Doha 52 1.56%
Millennium Tower World Business Center - Busan 158 4.74%
Jakarta Tower - Jakarta 89 2.67%
Lotte Super Tower - Seoul 126 3.78%
Freedom Tower (1WTC) - New York 594 17.81%
Sangam DMC Landmark - Seoul 48 1.44%
Jingling Fuguang - Nanjing 72 2.16%
Pentominium - Dubai 254 7.61%
Lotte World Tower - Busan 91 2.73%
Burj Al Alam - Dubai 320 9.59%
The Constellation - The Middle East 253 7.58%
Nanjing Lu Supertall - Tianjin 63 1.89%
World Financial Center - Shanghai 590 17.69%
International Commerce Center - Hong Kong 362 10.85%
DAMAC Heights - Dubai 165 4.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3336. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old May 18th, 2008, 12:24 PM   #281
fettekatz
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,557
Likes (Received): 47

I still like the Chicago Spire most... no other building looks tall and still elegant IMO
fettekatz no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #282
NeedForCity
MvM
 
NeedForCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Prishtina
Posts: 58
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettekatz View Post
I still like the Chicago Spire most... no other building looks tall and still elegant IMO
I like the Chicago Spire , too.
__________________
Need 4 City
NeedForCity no está en línea  
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #283
1+2=3
nymphomaniacal pigeon
 
1+2=3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,463
Likes (Received): 439

To be honest I think the Chicaco Spire's design is not that nice and some people here are just voting for it because of patriotism.

How on earth can you vote for the Chicaco Spire instead of the Russia Tower and the Burj Dubai?
1+2=3 no está en línea  
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:23 PM   #284
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,502
Likes (Received): 6525

i voted for all 3 towers, every design is awesome in its own way.
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:54 AM   #285
Du'Myth
Alive
 
Du'Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Eclectic City
Posts: 1,616
Likes (Received): 1817

Gah, propagandistic stuff with all this Chicago Spire, Russia Tower, Burj Dubai etc etc! The Constellation is maybe the most innovative, futuristic design i saw untill now... That thing points to the stars, the place we will hopefully return one day, its symbolism is remarcable! Its the only one i casted my vote upon, but also Burj Dubai has a slick design and outstanding height, not to mention it will be the representative building of Dubai (untill something bigger/innovative/prettier will be built, if it will that is...) All of them are great buildings, but The Constellation just... stands out -IMO of course-.

To a taller future!
__________________
Du'Myth no está en línea  
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:21 AM   #286
3521usa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: chicago
Posts: 276
Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+2=3 View Post
To be honest I think the Chicaco Spire's design is not that nice and some people here are just voting for it because of patriotism.

How on earth can you vote for the Chicaco Spire instead of the Russia Tower and the Burj Dubai?
How on earth can you vote for the Russia Tower and the Burj Dubai instead of the Chicago Spire? See that questions could be asked both ways. People vote for what they believe to be the better design. I myself prefer the Chicago Spire and not just because I'm a Chicagoan or an American. I think most of the designs are great though but the Spire is my favorite.
3521usa no está en línea  
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:44 PM   #287
fettekatz
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,557
Likes (Received): 47

I honestly think that the Spire has the most iconical design... slender, elegant, modern and looking like a girl toy
fettekatz no está en línea  
Old May 22nd, 2008, 07:25 PM   #288
1+2=3
nymphomaniacal pigeon
 
1+2=3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,463
Likes (Received): 439

Of course I knew it is should be all about personal taste, you shouldnt had taken my words literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3521
I myself prefer the Chicago Spire and not just because I'm a Chicagoan or an American. I think most of the designs are great though but the Spire is my favorite.
Whatever you say I will never believe you anyway, even though that means that there is a chance I'm wrong here. I believe that if the design which is now used for the Russia Tower was used for the Chicago Spire you would be even more determined by voring for that one as your favorite.

Edit: ah hell. When the Chicago Tower as designed now would be build in my hometown it might would be my favorite project as well, even though I think it is a pretty bad design. Of course: the fact that a specific project is becoming to be realized near your own home is a sound reason to make it your favorite.

Last edited by 1+2=3; May 22nd, 2008 at 07:30 PM.
1+2=3 no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2008, 07:03 PM   #289
EuropeForumAdv
byM
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

Chicago Spire it is so modern , I like it !!
__________________
visit EuropeForum
EuropeForumAdv no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #290
3521usa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: chicago
Posts: 276
Likes (Received): 36

To 1+2=3,
I'm sure you don't believe me and I didn't think you would but I have nothing to prove and no reason to lie. I think if the Spire was in Dubai it would still be my favorite. To me the design of the CS is just so iconic. Have you seen the video of this building? My second fav is The Russia Tower followed by Burj Dubai then WTC. I'm not one to like a certain building simply because it's in my city but if that's you then more power to ya.
3521usa no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #291
1+2=3
nymphomaniacal pigeon
 
1+2=3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,463
Likes (Received): 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3521usa View Post
To 1+2=3,
I'm not one to like a certain building simply because it's in my city
It is hard to imagine for me that someone wouldnt be at least somewhat more enthusiastic when a building would be build at a place nearby, making it possible to see it every day, than when it would be build somewhere on the other side of the planet...

That is what I mean when I say: 'the fact that a building is being realized in your own hometown can be a fair reason to make it your favorite'.
1+2=3 no está en línea  
Old May 25th, 2008, 05:17 AM   #292
Lawcheehung
Toronto, I Love You
 
Lawcheehung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 505
Likes (Received): 3

3521, albeit there's a teeny bit of bias :o,
anyways my favs are:
SWFC
ICC
and CS
Lawcheehung no está en línea  
Old May 25th, 2008, 05:34 AM   #293
3521usa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: chicago
Posts: 276
Likes (Received): 36

believe what you guys want.
3521usa no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2008, 08:55 AM   #294
GENGIBRE12
MADONNA
 
GENGIBRE12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FORT LAUDERDALE.FLORIDA
Posts: 1,543
Likes (Received): 266

615m
[url=http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=457263]Korean Rail Corp. Tower - Seoul[/ur



Nice render.............
__________________
Sometimes you have to be a Bitch to get things done....MADONNA..
GENGIBRE12 no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2008, 09:08 AM   #295
GENGIBRE12
MADONNA
 
GENGIBRE12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FORT LAUDERDALE.FLORIDA
Posts: 1,543
Likes (Received): 266

615m
Korean Rail Corp. Tower - Seoul
__________________
Sometimes you have to be a Bitch to get things done....MADONNA..
GENGIBRE12 no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:29 PM   #296
archy Momen
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5
Likes (Received): 0

The Constellation - The Middle East



my BEST....
archy Momen no está en línea  
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:38 AM   #297
kingsc
Registered User
 
kingsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,761
Likes (Received): 199

My pick is the freedom tower it's my favorite hands down
__________________
My site
Entertainmentcove.weebly.com
kingsc no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2008, 12:20 AM   #298
Cl_Py
FUTURO ARQ.
 
Cl_Py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago/Asuncion/Santiago... SCL/ASU/SCL
Posts: 774
Likes (Received): 0

world financial center, Shanghai
__________________
CAMPEONES MUNDIALES DE LA SOLIDARIDAD!!!!
CHILE
Cl_Py no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #299
SkysApopa
Me gusta el té de menta
 
SkysApopa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Apopa, San Salvador
Posts: 1,348
Likes (Received): 233

My vote its for The Constellation - The Middle East

Greetings from El salvador!

El Salvador --- impressive---
__________________
486SX @40Mhz, 8MB ram, 480MB HDD, sound blaster 16 + 2x cdrom, Trident 1MB video card @ 640*480, 56k high speed modem.
SkysApopa no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #300
ExtraMuros
Registered User
 
ExtraMuros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Annecy
Posts: 324
Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkysApopa View Post
My vote its for The Constellation - The Middle East

Greetings from El salvador!

El Salvador --- impressive---
YES..................
ExtraMuros no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu