daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > South Africa > Regional Development and Discussion > Western Cape > Cape Town > Projects

Old November 19th, 2007, 11:44 PM   #1
Mo Rush
life.love.everything else

Likes (Received): 48

#The Boulevard Office Park - 3F - Commercial - Woodstock | Complete

The Boulevard
The Boulevard fronts directly onto Eastern Boulevard and Searle Street on the periphery of the city bowl in a location that has superb access, visibility and views.

Area Available:

The Boulevard will provide a total of 7 buildings ranging in size from 2900m² to 7300m², with the flexibility to accommodate users of up to
13 700m² in one building if required. The office park will total up to 32 000m² of prestigious offices right on the periphery of Cape Town's CBD.

Parking:

Each building stands on a podium under which 3 super basements will provide 5 parking bays per 100m², one of the highest parking ratios in Cape Town.

Last edited by Mo Rush; November 20th, 2007 at 12:36 AM.
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 20th, 2007, 06:26 AM   #2
joburg

Likes (Received): 0

Is this near the Ogilvy headquarters? It's very nice!

joburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:56 AM   #3
Pule
BITTER HEART NEVER REST

Likes (Received): 64

Nice design, which highway is that?
Old November 20th, 2007, 12:09 PM   #4
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by joburg View Post
Is this near the Ogilvy headquarters? It's very nice!
not that near but its part of the whole woodstock revival

Pule, thats eastern boulevard that runs by the holiday inn from the M3...from hospital bend.

Old November 20th, 2007, 01:32 PM   #5
Pule
BITTER HEART NEVER REST

OMG, Mo this is beutiful, just check that table mountain view.

Quote:

Old January 28th, 2008, 02:07 PM   #6
Mo Rush

CONSTRUCTION has started on The Boulevard office park development adjacent to the Eastern Boulevard in the city bowl in Cape Town.

Dave Russell, a director of Baker Street Properties, says this development is a prestigious office park providing 32 000sq m of offices and more than 1 800 parking bays on one of the most visible and accessible sites on the periphery of the Cape Town CBD.

“The development fronts onto the Eastern Boulevard (M3) with access from the Searle Street off ramp.

Woodstock, one of South Africa’s oldest suburbs, has been transformed and upgraded in recent years.

Recent commercial and industrial projects include The Palms and The District in Sir Lowry Road, where the Ogilvy advertising agency now has its Cape headquarters, the Old Biscuit Factory in Albert Road, and The Studios at the Old Castle Brewery on Beach Road.

Then there are successful residential and mixed use developments such as 360 Degrees, Upper East Side, and Durham Square.

The Boulevard, not far from Clicks headquarters, will consist of seven buildings positioned around a large piazza with restaurants and coffee shops.

The buildings will range in size from 2 900sq m to 7 300sq m, designed to accommodate companies requiring up to 13 700sq m in one building.

Each of the seven buildings stands on a podium under which three ‘super basements’ will provide five parking bays per 100sq m, one of the highest parking ratios in Cape Town.

“The design is similar to the Melrose Arch development in Gauteng, where the super basement concept has been part of the success behind that sought after development,” says Glen Mackie, a director of Baker Street Properties.

The Boulevard was designed by dhk Architects and is being developed by Cape Town-based Faircape, partnered with Trematon Capital Investments.

The first building is scheduled to be completed in November this year and the rest of the buildings will come on stream shortly after.

Old January 28th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #7
Lydon
wow

Likes (Received): 1515

So beautiful :P
Old January 29th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #8
Pule
BITTER HEART NEVER REST

When will it be completed?
Old January 29th, 2008, 11:24 AM   #9
joburg

Are there plans to develop the area around that church? The one that sits in the middle of the veld, and used to be a part of District 6?

I noticed the church when I was in Cape Town this weekend. I am officially in love with the city. Our love was solemnised with a trip to Maynardville for open air Shakespeare. hehe

Old January 30th, 2008, 08:54 AM   #10
Pule
BITTER HEART NEVER REST

Quote:
Are there plans to develop the area around that church? The one that sits in the middle of the veld, and used to be a part of District 6?

I noticed the church when I was in Cape Town this weekend. I am officially in love with the city. Our love was solemnised with a trip to Maynardville for open air Shakespeare. hehe

I don't blame you my brother.
Old January 30th, 2008, 09:03 AM   #11
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Likes (Received): 29

Is this next to the N2 ? Looks nice

Bucket Facebook Page
Durbsboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 11:57 AM   #12
Mo Rush

Quote:

"our"?

Old January 30th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #13
Lydon
wow

Likes (Received): 1515

Quote:

I went on Monday night
Old January 31st, 2008, 08:20 AM   #14
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
"our"?
I know I also felt creeped out by that comment

Bucket Facebook Page
Durbsboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:37 AM   #15
joburg

oh bitches, puh-lease.

Old April 1st, 2008, 12:36 AM   #16
Mo Rush

R750 million office park well underway

The Boulevard brings prestigious office space - and ample parking - to Cape Town

31 Mar 2008 - eProp - dhk architects

Intro
dhk, the architectural firm behind icons like The District and Mandela Rhodes Place, is the creative brain behind the newest AAA-grade office space to grace the Cape Town skyline

The 36,000m² Boulevard office park development is set on the periphery on the CBD, with the 20,000m² site fronting Eastern Boulevard and Searle Street in Woodstock.

“This location has superb access for traffic from the M3, as well as boasting superior views for office workers,” says Derick Henstra, executive chairman of dhk.

Even though the development will offer 36,000m² of space, it will not be a single monolithic block. “We have broken up the space into seven individual buildings that range in size from an intimate 3,200m² to a larger 8,500m². One building is flexible enough to accommodate users of up to 16,000m² if required,” explains Henstra.

Recognising that parking is at a premium in the city, dhk have included 1,900 parking bays in The Boulevard. Each of the seven buildings is constructed on a podium, under which three super basement levels will provide four parking bays per 100m², one of the highest parking ratios in Cape Town. In addition to ample parking, the architects have included restaurants and coffee shops in the plans so that office workers can enjoy lunch hour or host clients without having to travel. Two controlled-access points will ensure that The Boulevard is a secure environment.

“Construction has already begun on this R750-million office park and the first building is scheduled to come on stream in March 2009,” confirms Henstra. “We envisage that, on completion, The Boulevard will become a major landmark at the gateway to Cape Town – and a sought-after working address.”

Old May 1st, 2008, 08:50 PM   #17
Mo Rush

Old June 7th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #18
Mo Rush

Old June 30th, 2008, 04:36 PM   #19
Mo Rush

Largest dedicated office park in South Africa under construction

BAKER Street Properties has commenced marketing the largest dedicated office park presently under construction in South Africa.

Dave Russell, a director of Baker Street Properties says, “The Boulevard office park is located on Eastern Boulevard at the entrance to the Cape Town CBD. This 36 000sq m AAA grade office park provides one of the highest parking ratios in Cape Town, combined with state of the art security, excellent access, views and restaurants with coffee shops in a piazza creating a pleasant lifestyle for tenants.”

“The development has now reached the podium level, under which there are three super basements providing nearly 1 900 parking bays for tenants and visitors.”

“On top of this podium seven individual buildings will be constructed ranging in size from 3 200 to 8 500sq m but with the flexibility to accommodate a single tenant of up to 16 000sq m if required.”

“With office vacancies down to near record levels there is a shortage of quality offices in nearly all established office nodes. Tenants looking for A grade offices with parking to meet their requirements are finding it very difficult to locate properties that fulfil their needs.”

“On completion, The Boulevardwill provide office space to a quality rarely seen in South Africa. With a value in excess of R700 million, tenants can be assured of a lifestyle unrivalled in Cape Town,” Russell says.

Cape Town based developers Faircape and Trematon Capital Investments say that tenants will be taking occupation from March 2009.

Old July 8th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #20
Mo Rush

double post