daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 11th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #2401
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

Hudson Yards Workers

All photos: http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2013/0...dson_yards.php
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #2402
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

Sorry for the repost.

I saw related´s video, how they are going to build the platform. But i am still puzzled with how they will build the foundations and static elements for the buildings, directly over the rail tracks. Can someone elaborate it, please?
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #2403
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

Big 3 eyeing Hudson Yards

Quote:
Time Warner, Citibank and Ralph Lauren Polo could be the next big companies to move to mammoth new Hudson Yards on the Far West Side. All three have had talks with Hudson Yards developer Related Cos. about taking space in the 26-acre site’s second planned skyscraper, sources said.

Related chief Stephen Ross is furiously courting tenants for the project’s North Tower after inking deals yesterday with three major companies for the South Tower — Coach Inc., L’Oréal and tech firm SAP. They will occupy 80 percent of the 47-story building, scheduled to open in 2015. The North Tower will be much bigger — 80 stories and 1,337 feet tall, which is nearly as tall as 1 World Trade Center not including its spire. The South Tower has started construction at 10th Avenue and 31st Street on Hudson Yards’ eastern edge. The North Tower will go up at 10th and 33rd Street once tenants are signed up.

The second cloudbuster would firmly establish Related’s Hudson Yards — to be built above the vast open rail yard between 10th and 12th avenues — as the city’s hottest commercial-development district. It would also cement Mayor Bloomberg’s legacy for kick-starting the birth of a vast new neighborhood on Manhattan’s Far West Side, a dream that started with his failed quest to build an Olympics stadium.

Related’s talks with possible tenants for the North Tower were in the earliest stages. At least one, Citibank, recently seemed to have dropped the idea and was looking elsewhere, sources said. But, “The finalized deals with Coach and the other tenants at the South Tower change everything,” a real-estate insider said. “Even though everyone knew they were happening, the real-estate mind knows a deal isn’t closed until it closes. The South Tower deals swept away the last bit of uncertainty about Hudson Yards. Related has momentum now.”

The plan for Coach to move its headquarters there was first heralded by Mayor Bloomberg and others at a photo-op on Nov. 1, 2011.

[...]
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #2404
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Great to hear that Related is starting to look for potential tenants for the North Tower and have already a couple lined up. Its also good to hear Citibank is on the prowl. I heard Citigroup investment HQ is contemplating leaving their office in Tribeca (388 Greenwich) a while ago and was in search for over 2 msf of space but i thought maybe they decided against it. Hearing that they were considering the Hudson Yards obviously indicates that the search is back on. I hope they consider WTC 3 which is close by.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

Kanto liked this post

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; April 11th, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #2405
Coddington
... Coddi ...

Likes (Received): 262

Very nice pics!

Twitter: @NonoTwitte
Coddington no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #2406
Simfan34
Complainer-in-Chief

Likes (Received): 2461

So a couple holes in the sand is U/C but this isn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
If Ralph Lauren moves here, the Hudson Yars will have scores of beautiful female office workers between RL, Coach, an L'Oreal, not to mention -- the annual Fashion Week event will move here too.
I know where I'm hanging out from now on!

Last edited by Simfan34; April 11th, 2013 at 08:57 PM.
Simfan34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #2407
Funkyskunk2

Likes (Received): 808

I still don't understand why the mods won't send the south tower to skyscraper construction and leave the rest of the project here.

Quote:
I love the North Tower.

PS: The site of Coach's current HQ on the north side of 33rd, just west of 10th, is visible on the Lower right hand corner of that model. Related will develop that parcel, which has over 2m sf of space, when Cosch's new HQ is completed. If Related can acquire the adjacent parcels (which include a large, one story McDonald's with a huge parking lot), they could have a site with probably over 5.5m sf. Imagine the possibilities!
So that site, the one between Brookfield and Related, and the GCT are the only sites that can go taller than Nordstrom? What about Girasole?

Kanto liked this post
Funkyskunk2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #2408
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

thx for the pics, looks like there's good progress
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #2409
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkyskunk2 View Post
I still don't understand why the mods won't send the south tower to skyscraper construction and leave the rest of the project here.

So that site, the one between Brookfield and Related, and the GCT are the only sites that can go taller than Nordstrom? What about Girasole?
In my opinion each of the four buildings of this complex should have its own thread, just like in the case of the WTC

r0cc0, Amastroi2017 liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #2410
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28178

Feel free to start these topics yourself.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #2411
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simfan34 View Post
So a couple holes in the sand is U/C but this isn't?

No holes. These tubes will stay in the ground and will be filled with rebar and concrete.
Similar foundation technique was used in my apartment building.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 01:03 AM   #2412
Thebeekerham
Surface of the Sun - PHX

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
I love the North Tower.

PS: The site of Coach's current HQ on the north side of 33rd, just west of 10th, is visible on the Lower right hand corner of that model. Related will develop that parcel, which has over 2m sf of space, when Cosch's new HQ is completed. If Related can acquire the adjacent parcels (which include a large, one story McDonald's with a huge parking lot), they could have a site with probably over 5.5m sf. Imagine the possibilities!

I know direct quoting is discouraged, but after seeing this model ... they're starting to grow on me. I wasn't a fan of the "leaning" aspect of these towers, but, well ....
Thebeekerham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #2413
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

The base looks so huge in that model.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #2414
JTNCLE

Likes (Received): 4

What are peoples thoughts on the 'Corset Tower'?

Personally I think the tower is a bad choice, that and 56 Leonard Street. I don't think they'll look as good in the rendering's.

JTNCLE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #2415
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

But 56 leonard has nothing to do with the Hudson Yards, it's not even in midtown.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #2416
germantower
i ♥ NY

I will slowly add every big project of NYC into my Google Earth, and create from time to time new panoramic views of the city. Here is number one. Enjoy your weekend, gentlemen.

Funkyskunk2, r0cc0 liked this post

Last edited by germantower; April 12th, 2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: bigger version
germantower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #2417
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

The 11 April 2013 Real Deal states that Time Warner has formally retain EastDil to market its Columbus Circle HQ in anticipation of a possible move to the HY.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #2418
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower View Post
Sorry for the repost.

I saw related´s video, how they are going to build the platform. But i am still puzzled with how they will build the foundations and static elements for the buildings, directly over the rail tracks. Can someone elaborate it, please?
None of the buildings will be directly over the rail tracks. The footprint of the building foundations themselves will be on both sides of the rail yard. The platform area over the tracks will be open space.
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #2419
germantower
i ♥ NY

Look at the plan here.

And the railyards.

There are def. some building directly over currently existing tracks. I don´t get it, how they wanna manage to build building over railtracks.
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #2420
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

I read somewhere that the only project that is not being built directly over the rails is the coach tower. This is why its the first one being built. The others have to wait for the platform to be completed. I will try to find a link.

Edit: Here is the link:

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...TATE/130419988

"The lease that Related signed with the MTA covers the 13-acre portion of the rail yards between 10th and 11th avenues. The South Tower is one of the few locations on the site that sits on solid ground and does not require the deck to proceed."

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; April 12th, 2013 at 07:58 PM.
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 hudson yards, hudson yards, manhattan tower, north tower, supertall, west 33rd street