daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 29th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #321
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 96

All of those buildings are so "New York"! It fits in really well. Seriously, would anyone rather see Dubai type buildings with fancy crowns? Or a copper clad Mercury City type structure in there?
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #322
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by luci203 View Post
Old or new... it look more or less the same.
I was talking about the two ugly ass buildings in the back. One's missing it spire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapernab2 View Post
All of those buildings are so "New York"! It fits in really well. Seriously, would anyone rather see Dubai type buildings with fancy crowns? Or a copper clad Mercury City type structure in there?
If this was Miami you would see those kind of buildings. I don't care what kind of building it is as long as it fits in.
Old March 30th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #323
hellrazor650

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
Lol I'm feeling the same way right about now. Ugly designs like this is what get project in NYC killed. I'm look around to see what group I can join, to make sure this shit doesn't see the light of day.
Its too bad, because these buildings will be a valuable addition to a pretty dumpy part of NYC
hellrazor650 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #324
hellrazor650

Likes (Received): 10

hellrazor650 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #325
luci203

Likes (Received): 1202

Old April 1st, 2011, 04:34 AM   #326
hackney11

Likes (Received): 12

yes new york is going crazy for the.....rich people ! they better start cleaning the ghettos !
hackney11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 12:25 PM   #327
kingsc

What do you think there doing with this project. And secondly why does it have to be a ghetto, do you even know the meaning of the word.
Old April 1st, 2011, 12:28 PM   #328
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

I suppose he is just referring to poor neighbourhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor650 View Post
Awesome render, just incredible
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 12:32 PM   #329
kingsc

only poor people in NYC are the homeless, anywhere else we're middle class.
Old April 1st, 2011, 12:46 PM   #330
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

I mostly agree, as far as i know Manhattan is made up of rich people (majority) as rent are higher and apartments are more expensive compared to poor area like Brox for eg. and I don't think poor people that live in Manhattan should be forced to move out to other suitable boroughs in order to clean up this city. like Hackney11 said
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM   #331
kingsc

Not everyone can live in Bel-air, Same thing goes for Manhattan.
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:55 PM   #332
Prince Valium

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by luci203 View Post
It will look good.

And is true, not every building has to be a skyline centrepiece, considering that 15 Penn Plaza and ESB are near.

Well in this render it fits really well with the surroundings..

What I always think of new buildings in new york is that they 'must' be innovative and special because you know everyone is speaking about new york 'the mother of skyscrapers' but I'm not an objector of conservative designs..if it fits, its ok..

new york will have a few new, modern buildings and therefore I think its ok..
Prince Valium no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 10:21 PM   #333
thejacko5
SSC Addict

Likes (Received): 401

i think they fit in quite well. anything is better than the eyesore is currently there.
thejacko5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 09:54 AM   #334
Gendo

Likes (Received): 77

There's a decent amount of variation in the design of each building.

The cluster will look very good if they mostly stick with what's in the latest renderings.
Gendo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #335
Bricken Ridge

Likes (Received): 15

When is this project going to start? Nice to see this part of NYC finally incorporated. It seems remote and other than the Javits nearby, this grid is a bore compared to other parts of mid Manhattan.
Bricken Ridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #336
sakai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 59

yes! build this! ny is catching up with chinese cities finally!!
sakai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 01:22 AM   #337
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricken Ridge View Post
When is this project going to start? Nice to see this part of NYC finally incorporated. It seems remote and other than the Javits nearby, this grid is a bore compared to other parts of mid Manhattan.
April 4, 2011

"Now the first signs of activity on the Hudson Yards project can be seen. Related Cos., the developer, is clearing the site for the first tower, a 1.4-million-square-foot office building." http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2011...d-with-a-view/

January 16, 2011

"Related will not exactly strike it rich, given the company's plans to sell the building at cost or charge only enough rent to cover construction costs—a sum that Mr. Cross estimates at about $70 a square foot. For built-to-suit, green space, that represents a real bargain, he says. What's more, tax incentives can save tenants $6 per square foot.

Savings are only part of the draw. After completion of the No. 7 extension, slated for December 2013, it will take less than 10 minutes to reach Grand Central Terminal from Hudson Yards. Penn Station and the Port Authority Bus Terminal are even closer." http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...TATE/301169974

Like many other projects in the city, 15 Penn, Manhattan West, WTC 2 & 3, they're waiting for tenants. But at $70 a square foot, a falling vacancy rate, rising commercial rents, and about a dozen leases of 300,000+ square feet set to expire in the next few years, in addition to Wells Fargo looking for several hundred thousand square feet, BofA may need more space as well, and apparently Related (the developer) has had preliminary talks with Credit Suisse, Hearst, and Coach, this project should get going soon.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 10:16 AM   #338
Bricken Ridge

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
April 4, 2011

"Now the first signs of activity on the Hudson Yards project can be seen. Related Cos., the developer, is clearing the site for the first tower, a 1.4-million-square-foot office building." http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2011...d-with-a-view/

January 16, 2011

"Related will not exactly strike it rich, given the company's plans to sell the building at cost or charge only enough rent to cover construction costs—a sum that Mr. Cross estimates at about $70 a square foot. For built-to-suit, green space, that represents a real bargain, he says. What's more, tax incentives can save tenants $6 per square foot.

Savings are only part of the draw. After completion of the No. 7 extension, slated for December 2013, it will take less than 10 minutes to reach Grand Central Terminal from Hudson Yards. Penn Station and the Port Authority Bus Terminal are even closer." http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...TATE/301169974

Like many other projects in the city, 15 Penn, Manhattan West, WTC 2 & 3, they're waiting for tenants. But at $70 a square foot, a falling vacancy rate, rising commercial rents, and about a dozen leases of 300,000+ square feet set to expire in the next few years, in addition to Wells Fargo looking for several hundred thousand square feet, BofA may need more space as well, and apparently Related (the developer) has had preliminary talks with Credit Suisse, Hearst, and Coach, this project should get going soon.

So this development will be built in phases. And with a train stop to boot, it will a desirable area for tenants who want to be close to water but still not far from midtown.

Last edited by Bricken Ridge; April 10th, 2011 at 10:21 AM.
Bricken Ridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:02 AM   #339
kingsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakai View Post
yes! build this! ny is catching up with chinese cities finally!!
China been around for over 3,000 years and there just catching up to us. Now go troll somewhere else
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #340
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Yeah, it will be built in phases, this is their general plan, credit to NYGuy from SSP on the pictures

The new train station is a huge draw, as is the huge amount of park space, the 42nd street pedestrian boulevard, and the towers on the north side of the development that overlook the Javits Center have basically an eternal view of the Hudson and Jersey.

First Phase:

Second:

Third:

Final:
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 hudson yards, hudson yards, manhattan tower, north tower, supertall, west 33rd street