daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 20th, 2014, 11:11 PM   #3961
mmkkk

Likes (Received): 31

The roof of the Amtrak tunnel near 10th ave is 6-8' thick.
mmkkk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2014, 06:27 PM   #3962
solgoldberg

Likes (Received): 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkkk View Post
The roof of the Amtrak tunnel near 10th ave is 6-8' thick.
So you are stating that the Amtrak tunnel arch/roof in the Gizmodo photo below (looking east at 10th Ave, probably from last week) will be 6 feet to 8 feet thick, is that correct?

Gizmodo
http://gizmodo.com/inside-the-futuri...a-b-1606935392
solgoldberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2014, 09:09 PM   #3963
Hemeroscopium
BANNED

Likes (Received): 404

Permit filled at 30 Hudson Yard!

Rendering of 30 Hudson Yards, as seen from the 7 station, via Related

The official groundbreaking for 30 Hudson Yards, Related’s North Tower, happened at the end of 2012, when construction began on the platform atop which part of the tower will rest. And soon, work on the actual tower may commence, with architect KPF filing permits this morning under the structure’s official name, 500 West 33rd Street. (Related could not be reached to confirm when construction will start.)
Assuming financing is secured, Time Warner will be the anchor tenant at the tower at 10th Avenue and 33rd Street, occupying space up to the 38th floor, with the choicest perches still up for grabs.
In related news, the first part of the “Hudson Boulevard” park and mid-avenue thoroughfare, between 10th and 11th Avenues, should open by the end of the year, according to the Wall Street Journal. The initial segment will stretch from West 33rd Street to West 39th, and will contain a pedestrian promenade in the center and north- and southbound streets on the edges.
Permits at 30 Hudson Yards indicate a height of just 680 feet, or 68 stories, and are likely to be amended to reflect the tower’s full 80-story, 1,255-foot height, as advertised. According to the application, the tower will contain a little over 3.9 million square feet of net floorspace, with 3.4 million square feet of commercial space that counts towards zoning limits.
The companion tower of 30 Hudson Yards, known as the South (or Coach) Tower at 10 Hudson Yards, started to go vertical last year. Its tenants – which include Coach, L’Oréal and SAP – are expected to move in by July 2015.

http://newyorkyimby.com/category/30-hudson-yards#

Munwon, salambo liked this post
Hemeroscopium no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2014, 09:17 PM   #3964
solgoldberg

"Interesting"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemeroscopium View Post
Permit filled at 30 Hudson Yard!

Rendering of 30 Hudson Yards, as seen from the 7 station, via Related
The official groundbreaking for 30 Hudson Yards, Related’s North Tower, happened at the end of 2012, when construction began on the platform atop which part of the tower will rest. And soon, work on the actual tower may commence, with architect KPF filing permits this morning under the structure’s official name, 500 West 33rd Street. (Related could not be reached to confirm when construction will start.)
Assuming financing is secured, Time Warner will be the anchor tenant at the tower at 10th Avenue and 33rd Street, occupying space up to the 38th floor, with the choicest perches still up for grabs.
In related news, the first part of the “Hudson Boulevard” park and mid-avenue thoroughfare, between 10th and 11th Avenues, should open by the end of the year, according to the Wall Street Journal. The initial segment will stretch from West 33rd Street to West 39th, and will contain a pedestrian promenade in the center and north- and southbound streets on the edges.
Permits at 30 Hudson Yards indicate a height of just 680 feet, or 68 stories, and are likely to be amended to reflect the tower’s full 80-story, 1,255-foot height, as advertised. According to the application, the tower will contain a little over 3.9 million square feet of net floorspace, with 3.4 million square feet of commercial space that counts towards zoning limits.
The companion tower of 30 Hudson Yards, known as the South (or Coach) Tower at 10 Hudson Yards, started to go vertical last year. Its tenants – which include Coach, L’Oréal and SAP – are expected to move in by July 2015.

http://newyorkyimby.com/category/30-hudson-yards#

Thanks for posting that. "Interesting", to say the least. Sparkling @ SSP posted a similar "reportage" from the real deal.
http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/07/...medium=twitter

I assume others will critique these web posts and examine the documents filed
Old July 22nd, 2014, 09:54 PM   #3965
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

I really wouldn't understand Related doing this.... making it fat and short and taking away the centerpiece tower of the first phase of Hudson Yards? I'm shocked, and NOT in a happy way. This either will be amended or Related has lost their collective minds.
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2014, 09:57 PM   #3966
baseball1992

Likes (Received): 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
I really wouldn't understand Related doing this.... making it fat and short and taking away the centerpiece tower of the first phase of Hudson Yards? I'm shocked, and NOT in a happy way. This either will be amended or Related has lost their collective minds.
"Permits at 30 Hudson Yards indicate a height of just 680 feet, or 68 stories, and are likely to be amended to reflect the tower’s full 80-story, 1,255-foot height, as advertised. According to the application, the tower will contain a little over 3.9 million square feet of net floorspace, with 3.4 million square feet of commercial space that counts towards zoning limits."

It says right there that it will be amended.
baseball1992 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:05 PM   #3967
citybooster

The Real Deal link appeared to make it look like there was a revision to the smaller, fatter dimensions but I hope YIMBY is right.. "likely to be amended" however isn't the same as "certain" and why would they go with preliminary bogus figures that are dramatically different from how it was presented over the past few years? There was a reduction in height from 1,337 ft to 1,255 and the Culture and Equinox towers were pushed upward, but that wasn't shocking. THIS is, and don't understand why Related felt it necessary to go forward like this even if it is likely the full 80 stories and 1255 ft will be amended in later.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:07 PM   #3968
baseball1992

Likes (Received): 262

Quote:
The Real Deal link appeared to make it look like there was a revision to the smaller, fatter dimensions but I hope YIMBY is right.. "likely to be amended" however isn't the same as "certain" and why would they go with preliminary bogus figures that are dramatically different from how it was presented over the past few years? There was a reduction in height from 1,337 ft to 1,255 and the Culture and Equinox towers were pushed upward, but that wasn't shocking. THIS is, and don't understand why Related felt it necessary to go forward like this even if it is likely the full 80 stories and 1255 ft will be amended in later.
Real deal still states 3.9 msf of total space, which would be impossible for this site at 680ft.
baseball1992 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:13 PM   #3969
citybooster

I definitely couldn't see this tower being 68 stories and only 680 ft with the floorspace necessary 3.9 mil total. Along with high floors this kind of office tower would command. Just wonder why Related put in those figures in the preliminary filing.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:41 PM   #3970
solgoldberg

Quote:
I definitely couldn't see this tower being 68 stories and only 680 ft with the floorspace necessary 3.9 mil total. Along with high floors this kind of office tower would command. Just wonder why Related put in those figures in the preliminary filing.
A MrVenaCava at the YIMBY forum states:
Quote:
Taking into account the retail podium is also filed within the applications, a grand-total development of 3.92 m sq ft sounds about right (3.42 m sq ft of commercial, etc).
http://www.yimbyforums.com/t/new-yor...0-floors/201/4

Has anybody found/read the DoB filing?
Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:44 PM   #3971
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

3.9 million square feet? Even 1,227' is too short for such massive square footage! This should have been 1,600'/1,700' to the roof, minimum. What a waste of opportunity. The same applies for the Hudson Spire.
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:54 PM   #3972
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

At first i freaked out but Yimby is right! Besides I've seen filings that doesn't indicate the incorrect height for some reason and sometimes never corrected.

BTW, there is no way Related will stick an Observation Deck in a tower > 680' high in what will be the tallest section in the city.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:25 PM   #3973
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
Originally Posted by solgoldberg View Post
Thanks for posting that. "Interesting", to say the least. Sparkling @ SSP posted a similar "reportage" from the real deal.
http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/07/...medium=twitter

I assume others will critique these web posts and examine the documents filed

That article by the Real Deal was pulled!

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

MarshallKnight, j-biz, bodegavendetta liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:45 PM   #3974
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

Likes (Received): 2793

Man y'all got me jittery!

Also, since when does YIMBY have a forum?? Seriously, how many forums am I going to have to participate in?
j-biz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2014, 12:06 AM   #3975
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-biz View Post
Man y'all got me jittery!

Also, since when does YIMBY have a forum?? Seriously, how many forums am I going to have to participate in?
All of them, if you are a true skyscraper nerd.
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2014, 03:40 AM   #3976
solgoldberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
Thanks for noting that. I find a number of these "articles" to have misteaks
and inconsistencies. However, sometimes the spin in the articles is amusing.

PS: One thing we are definitely lacking here is the steady stream of photos we used to get from j-biz and hardcoreshutterbug.
Thank you ahead of time to anybody who has the time & effort to post photos of these various sites.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:39 AM   #3977
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

Well it must be your lucky day, solgoldberg. Eat your heart out:
55 Photos Inside the Hudson Yards Construction Site

solgoldberg liked this post
Old July 23rd, 2014, 09:53 AM   #3978
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
Hmmm, I was wondering what the heck was going on. This tower was always at about 2.6-2.7 Msf. Just checked the latest video interview up on Bloomberg to see if I was imagining things! Probably a misquote on Real Deal but I wonder what's going on with the height?
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2014, 04:34 PM   #3979
solgoldberg

"the year" equals? "next year"

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-biz View Post
Well it must be your lucky day, solgoldberg. Eat your heart out:
55 Photos Inside the Hudson Yards Construction Site
Thank you for posting that. I expected other media to post articles/photos from the same tour that Nicholas Stango/Gizmodo wrote up last week.

I also enjoyed this tidbit from the Jessica Dailey article:
Quote:
The first section of Hudson Boulevard looks nearly complete, but the Journal reported today that the first half of the park will not open until the end of next year.
versus the text from the WSJ blurb:
Quote:
The first half of a new park and boulevard running through the Hudson Yards District will open at the end of the year.

j-biz liked this post
Old July 23rd, 2014, 04:44 PM   #3980
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

When in doubt, go with the source that's NOT Curbed.

Tags
30 hudson yards, hudson yards, manhattan tower, north tower, supertall, west 33rd street