daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 21st, 2011, 07:42 PM   #381
moustache
BANNED

Likes (Received): 706

the music of the video is very poor ...
moustache no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:52 AM   #382
deepblue01

Likes (Received): 66

Very neat and tidy planning there NY, well done. I'm just curious however, why they decided to change from a natural skyline development to a 'planned' skyline development. Just strange thats all. WTC complex and this one are both planned. Don't really know how why it will fit into NY when completed, but the designs for both projects are truly outstanding.
deepblue01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:59 AM   #383
AUTOTHRILL
chill

Likes (Received): 1949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaypp View Post
- Awesome video. Albeit a little boxy, this will be an excellent mixed-use addition to NYC. This is Related going to the next level, at least as far as commercial space is concerned.
Bog boxes are what define new York's skyline IMO.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:29 AM   #384
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

TRD

Quote:
Hudson Yards under discussion for 18 million square feet of leases
May 20, 2011 11:00AM

Related Companies CEO Stephen Ross made an appearance on CNBC this morning (see video here) to talk about his upcoming Hudson Yards project. "You know this is where the next great place in New York is going to be," he said, referencing the developments in subway coverage and the extension of the High Line park. He says he follows the money when it comes to development, watching where the city and state are investing. Ross said he was confident about attracting tenants for the first phase of the development, which will include four million square feet of office space. "I think we're going to surprise people," he said. "We're talking to nine tenants at two million square feet each." As reported last month, Related is pitching Time Warner on a lease, hoping to draw them away from their Columbus Circle headquarters less than 10 years after the company first moved in.
Old June 1st, 2011, 02:25 AM   #385
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

New York Observer

Quote:
West Bank! First Boston in Running to Be First Tenant at Hudson Yards

By Laura Kusisto
May 30, 2011

Ever since Steve Ross trotted out the much-talked-about fact that Related is under discussion for 18 million square feet of leases at Hudson Yards, The Observer's nose has been pointed way westward.

By far the biggest news we've found is that Credit Suisse-First Boston might be mulling a move to Hudson Yards, according to multiple top industry sources. The rumor moreover appears to check out, as the bank's 1.8 million square feet of leases at 11 Madison and 315 Park Avenue South are likely to expire in 2017—perfect timing, if Related's first, smaller tower is finished around that time.

But why would a swanky investment bank countenance moving to the wild, wild far West Side? Cassidy Turley research guru Robert Sammons, who had not heard the news, said it does make sense. "They're kind of an interesting tenant," he said. "They're a financial services firm that went to a different type of market in 2000. They're kind of perfect for that neighborhood [the far West Side]. It's not like they're a Park Avenue tenant looking to move to Hudson Yards."

If this is, indeed, the case, then Credit Suisse might be the last to know. A spokesman insisted the rumor is untrue.

Related needs to sign an anchor tenant relatively soon in order to move forward with the project, which is supposed to contain 4 million square feet of office space. The good news for Mr. Ross, Related's chairman, is that there is no shortage of interesting candidates. News Corporation, whose possible tenancy helped Related secure the project in the first place before dropping out, remains a possibility, according to one source. As does Time Warner, which has an estimated 5 million square feet of office space in New York and New Jersey, much of which expires in 2017. (They tapped Studley's Mitchell Steir to help them look.) Coach was also said to be weighing 600,000 square feet.

Related declined to comment. CB Richard Ellis' Lewis Miller, who is representing Credit Suisse, declined to comment.

Last edited by desertpunk; June 9th, 2011 at 12:29 AM.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 02:45 PM   #386
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

If Credit Suisse anchors this tower and UBS anchors 3WTC, the Swiss banks will give NY a nice gift!
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #387
NJlaxbro17

Likes (Received): 0

so whats the latest news on the Yards? And does anyone know what the tallest building out of all 14 buildings in this project is going to be. I love how they are building a city inside a city haha. Only New York gotta love it
NJlaxbro17 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #388
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22542

dang, i thought there would be news...
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #389
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJlaxbro17 View Post
so whats the latest news on the Yards? And does anyone know what the tallest building out of all 14 buildings in this project is going to be. I love how they are building a city inside a city haha. Only New York gotta love it
They're locking up tenants at this point, and the first two towers built here will be largely office buildings with retail bases, and one will be in 1200-1300 foot range and the other 900-1000 most likely. Though no official heights have been released, and that's just ball parking from the renders and videos the developer has made public. If the information in the article is correct, they could start construction this year, or early next year though.

http://ny.therealdeal.com/newyork/ar...by-end-of-2011

Related to lease 3M square feet at Hudson Yards by year's end
June 17, 2011 11:00AM

Stephen Ross' Related Companies is currently in talks with nine prospective tenants for its Hudson Yards development, each seeking more than one million square feet of space. In an interview with the New York Times, Ross said he'll be able to announce signed deals for at least 3 million of the 4.5 million square feet being developed in the project's first phase by the year's end. As The Real Deal previously reported, Dean Shapiro, former executive managing director at CB Richard Ellis will be leading the in-house marketing. Though Related has not secured construction lenders yet, it does have a partner on the project, the Ontario employees pension plan, which is investing $475 million. Ross said it's among the projects he's most proud of because it essentially creates a new neighborhood. "I think every good developer, in the back of their minds, wants to transform and leave a legacy," he said. "As a developer, it's a great feeling knowing you have made an impact." Outside of Hudson Yards, Related is also working on high-profile projects MiMA and Hunters Point South. MiMA, at 440 West 42nd Street, has rented about 40 percent of the 500 market-rate units at more than $75 per square foot, according to Ross, and the building's condominium units will hit the market next month. Meanwhile, Related hopes to begin construction on its middle-income housing project in Hunters Point South sometime next year.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #390
Dirty new yorker

Likes (Received): 25

I don't doubt some of this will be built eventually, but i have to say there's more of a chance that I get a sex change than all of this being completed
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #391
yankeesfan1000

Well you better start practicing walking in heels.
Old July 14th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #392
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 1131

Thread for the Manhattan West project?

Apologies if this is off topic, but I couldn't find a thread for Brookfield's project on 9th Avenue, between Hudson Yards and Penn Station. That one seems to be warming up too, so perhaps a new super-tall thread would be in order?
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 12:18 AM   #393
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Apologies if this is off topic, but I couldn't find a thread for Brookfield's project on 9th Avenue, between Hudson Yards and Penn Station. That one seems to be warming up too, so perhaps a new super-tall thread would be in order?
The Thread exist..Let me find it for you..

Edit: here it is..

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=585812
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 12:50 AM   #394
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

thank you I was about to say the same thing.
Old July 14th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #395
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
The Thread exist..Let me find it for you..

Edit: here it is..

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=585812
Thanks! I remember having putting a post on it, but somehow couldn't find it today. Lol, better see the optometrist.

I had a chat with a couple of folks at Brookfield a couple of weeks ago, and it seems like this one is very much set to get started this year.
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 02:10 AM   #396
Dirty new yorker

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000
Well you better start practicing walking in heels.
I have a hunch you don't really think it's going to all be built either.. You just wanted to say that.
Old July 14th, 2011, 02:18 AM   #397
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Thanks! I remember having putting a post on it, but somehow couldn't find it today. Lol, better see the optometrist.

I had a chat with a couple of folks at Brookfield a couple of weeks ago, and it seems like this one is very much set to get started this year.
No problem..I'm a big fan of this project and I'm really glad to hear that..Since we're in the 2nd part of the year, seems like we should hear more soon about it..Thanks..
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #398
jazliaimin

Likes (Received): 0

wow great !
jazliaimin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #399
yankeesfan1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty new yorker View Post
I have a hunch you don't really think it's going to all be built either.. You just wanted to say that.
I definitely wanted to say that, but I do think this whole thing will be built. The 7 train extension will be finished in late 2012, early 2013 which makes the real estate in this area much more valuable as it'll be connected to the rest of the city via mass transportation.

Also, Related will soon have to start paying huge rents to the MTA who own the site. 2 of the 3 economic triggers have been met, and I think the only one that hasn't is in regard to Midtown Manhattans office vacancy rate which has been falling steadily the last several quarters so they'll have to start paying rent soon which is why they want the first part of this to get underway asap.

There are also a handful of other developments planned for the surrounding area, two 1000 footers in the Girasole and Sherwood Equities tower, a 30 story condo south of the site, etc. Related has said that the whole thing could very well take a decade to complete, so be patient.
Old July 14th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #400
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12429

I like hudson yards project.
pretty design.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 hudson yards, hudson yards, manhattan tower, north tower, supertall, west 33rd street