daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2012, 06:10 AM   #1301
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22542

this will be quite the backdrop if they continue doing the fireworks on the Hudson
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:03 AM   #1302
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

I would like to also point out that there are a similar pair of buildings to these going up in Dalian (a major Chinese city) which are actually slightly shorter and dominate the Dalian skyline already. So even in China these would be big, they'd be the 3rd tallest in Shanghai and probably won't even be so in NY soon enough.

EDIT: And by Dalian I think I meant Shenyang, my bad.
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #1303
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1028

I think we should all quit worrying so much about height, and just sit back and watch New York's mighty leap into the 21st century. It's a beautiful thing.
Old July 6th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #1304
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57917

Stop it, people. Get back to constructive construction talk, ja.

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 04:08 AM   #1305
Arawooho

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
Stop it, people. Get back to constructive construction talk, ja.

Haha that made me laugh for some reason. Anyway, I'm gonna start to keep up with whatever is happening at the south tower site, hopefully, progress isn't stalled.
Arawooho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #1306
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Work starts in October, no need to worry.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #1307
Simfan34
Complainer-in-Chief

Likes (Received): 2461

I meant to say 300, sorry.
Simfan34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #1308
Cadillac

Likes (Received): 2

so the proposal of the two slanted towers is trashed and the Single tower is now being used?
Cadillac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #1309
yankeesfan1000

...No. The taller one needs a tenant. I don't understand what could give anyone that impression...

But in regard to tenants, Time Warner accepted bids/proposals from all the big developers and commercial land lords in the city several months ago, early Spring I want to say, and they will decide what they want to do with their 4 million square foot portfolio by the end of the year. Time Warner's HQ are in another Related building on Columbus Circle, so I'd bet TW moves at least some operations into the taller building here.

If not, there are plenty of other companies looking for space. 8-12 looking for at least 1 million square feet, including News Corp, and Credit Suisse.
Old July 10th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #1310
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower View Post
This is a very interesting POV, sir.
I love how the two of us are having a nice little private chat while everyone else are pulling their hair out about the comparison of this project to the Hanging Village of Huaxi.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #1311
yankeesfan1000

This is relevant to 3 WTC, 2 WTC, the HY obviously, Brookfield's Manhattan West, but I figured I'd put it here. 3M sf is larger than 3 WTC, 2 WTC, the North Tower here, it's huge.

Casting a Wide Net in Real-Estate Search

—Laura Kusisto
July 29, 2012, 8:56 p.m. ET

"Credit Suisse is throwing wide open a competition to lead one of the largest real-estate searches in town.

The Swiss bank has sent out a request for proposals to about 10 brokerage firms to lead its search for some 3 million square feet of office space in the city, according to multiple people familiar with the matter...

The bank is looking for a broker to help them with a process similar to the one being conducted by Time Warner Inc., in which they plan not simply to look for a single new space, but to undergo a complete review of their office space requirements...

...Much like Time Warner, the bank is likely to be the belle of the ball, as major developers like the World Trade Center and Hudson Yards are hoping to land major leases to help get new office towers off the ground.

Time Warner, which currently occupies about 4 million square feet of space in the city, is expected to narrow down its search to some finalist buildings in the coming weeks, according to brokers and developers familiar with the matter."
Old July 30th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #1312
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1028

Only a matter of time.
Old July 30th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #1313
econ_tim

Likes (Received): 100

image hosted on flickr

foundation work under way for the first residential tower
econ_tim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #1314
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

wow, that's what i call fast . thx for the pic
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #1315
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 4521

Is this under construction then? i see rebar in that picture... probably wrong, but hey ho
iamtheSTIG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #1316
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Foundation work means U/C. But econ tim wrote this is for a residental tower. Not sure at the moment which tower that is. I only know this thread is for two Office-Supertall Towers.
do we have a thread for this or any info?
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #1317
yankeesfan1000

The picture that econtime showed is not actually part of the Hudson Yards development but across the street, so the towers this thread are for are across the street to the left in econ's picture.

In the picture below, you can obviously see the big scissor office buildings, the building foundation that econ showed is the smaller L shaped brown residential building in the foreground which will be around 25-30 stories I think. It's also being built by Related, but not part of their Hudson Yards development which sits on top of the MTA owned train yards.

Old July 30th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #1318
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
This is relevant to 3 WTC, 2 WTC, the HY obviously, Brookfield's Manhattan West, but I figured I'd put it here. 3M sf is larger than 3 WTC, 2 WTC, the North Tower here, it's huge.

Casting a Wide Net in Real-Estate Search

—Laura Kusisto
July 29, 2012, 8:56 p.m. ET

"Credit Suisse is throwing wide open a competition to lead one of the largest real-estate searches in town.

The Swiss bank has sent out a request for proposals to about 10 brokerage firms to lead its search for some 3 million square feet of office space in the city, according to multiple people familiar with the matter...

The bank is looking for a broker to help them with a process similar to the one being conducted by Time Warner Inc., in which they plan not simply to look for a single new space, but to undergo a complete review of their office space requirements...

...Much like Time Warner, the bank is likely to be the belle of the ball, as major developers like the World Trade Center and Hudson Yards are hoping to land major leases to help get new office towers off the ground.

Time Warner, which currently occupies about 4 million square feet of space in the city, is expected to narrow down its search to some finalist buildings in the coming weeks, according to brokers and developers familiar with the matter."
I was just about to post this!

I would not be surprised if they took 1m sf in a top building and shipped the back office jobs to LIC, Brooklyn, JC, Stamford, etc.

Anyway, 1m sf would be a nice anchor for the North Tower at the HY!
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #1319
yankeesfan1000

^

That'd be going sort of against the grain though, wouldn't it? UBS has their trading floor in Stamford and one of the main reasons they wanted to anchor 3 WTC was because being in Stamford was hindering their ability to recruit top talent. Goldman is also moving their employees from their JC building back to Manhattan.

I don't really expect them to move all 3 million sf into brand new Manhattan offices, unless Related or Silverstein gives them an unbelievable deal, but I do think they'll stay in Manhattan. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old July 31st, 2012, 03:44 PM   #1320
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

The people that matter will remain in NY for sure, as the people that matter at UBS will return from Stamford. However, tons of lawyers, accountants, marketing persons, etc. probably will go to cheaper space outside of Manhattan.

Nevertheless, the north HY tower would be a nice fit!
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 hudson yards, hudson yards, manhattan tower, north tower, supertall, west 33rd street