daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 5th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #1801
Funkyskunk2

Likes (Received): 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboo View Post
I must say girasole looks really good in that mash-up. I honestly never cared much for its design before.

You might be mixing it up with my Sherwood Equities super glow version
Funkyskunk2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #1802
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

That's not even what will be built on Sherwood's site.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 05:25 AM   #1803
Funkyskunk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
That's not even what will be built on Sherwood's site.
I know. All three that I added are outdated right?
Old December 5th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #1804
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Sherwood and Manhattan West are outdated, but the Girasole's design has not changed.
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #1805
Simfan34
Complainer-in-Chief

Likes (Received): 2461

Do we have new renders, RobertWalpole?
Simfan34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #1806
nycfann1

Likes (Received): 3

Look a couple pages back
nycfann1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:27 AM   #1807
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simfan34 View Post
Do we have new renders, RobertWalpole?
No. Sherwood has said from the outset that it's not in tE business of developing towers of this magnitude and that it needs a partner. Also, I doubt that this project will rise for at least 5 to tn years. The same is true for the office megatower at Manhattan West.

Anyway, this area, which is largely "empty," will be the setting for MASSIVE development.

Last edited by RobertWalpole; December 5th, 2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #1808
bennyboo

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkyskunk2 View Post
You might be mixing it up with my Sherwood Equities super glow version
No, i do mean the girasole :P I like it in this because it feels like it gives the site a very strong new york taste to it making it blend in rather than having a random futuristic looking district.
bennyboo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:51 AM   #1809
Funkyskunk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboo View Post
No, i do mean the girasole :P I like it in this because it feels like it gives the site a very strong new york taste to it making it blend in rather than having a random futuristic looking district.
Funny you feel that way since I just cropped the north tower to make it.
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #1810
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Wow, so many positive reactions. I'd love to add another but I am a bit skeptical of the complex. I had expected something less dense and more focused on height. The designs are good, but not masterpieces. The urban contribution to the city is great, but in the skyline it won't really create anything other than a dense cluster of 200m+ buildings like we see in other parts of Midtown or the financial district. The North Tower stands out, but it is dwarfed by 1WTC, 432 Park and 225 West. At the end the complex is good, but that is about it. It could have been better and it could have been worse but at the end it is good.
Old December 5th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #1811
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Related CEO Jeff Blau is on Bloomberg right now and it really does sound like they have a tenant for the larger, North Tower. From Mr. Blau's comments, it will be a company based overseas looking for either a new New York HQ, or a company based overseas looking for their first NY office. Kind of hard to tell, but it does sound like this has a tenant.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #1812
RobertWalpole
BANNED

That couild be either Credit Suisse or the ad firm that was considering 3WTC.
Old December 5th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #1813
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Related CEO Jeff Blau is on Bloomberg right now and it really does sound like they have a tenant for the larger, North Tower. From Mr. Blau's comments, it will be a company based overseas looking for either a new New York HQ, or a company based overseas looking for their first NY office. Kind of hard to tell, but it does sound like this has a tenant.
Is there any info on how many square feet this tenant might want?
Old December 5th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #1814
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Wow, so many positive reactions. I'd love to add another but I am a bit skeptical of the complex. I had expected something less dense and more focused on height. The designs are good, but not masterpieces. The urban contribution to the city is great, but in the skyline it won't really create anything other than a dense cluster of 200m+ buildings like we see in other parts of Midtown or the financial district. The North Tower stands out, but it is dwarfed by 1WTC, 432 Park and 225 West. At the end the complex is good, but that is about it. It could have been better and it could have been worse but at the end it is good.
Just good? Don't make me laugh. This is world class. Just because the height isn't enough for your ridiculous expectations doesn't reduce the overall quality of this development. If your expectations for height are Asia, you'll never be satisfied with NYC.
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #1815
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Is there any info on how many square feet this tenant might want?
Nope. Here's the interview, the Hudson Yards stuff starts a little after the 4 minute mark.

The leases he's referring to when he says they need to cross the T's and dot the I's are L'Oreal for around 400,000 sf and SAP 100,000 sf.

In regards to the other lease about an overseas company "making a new presence here" I highly doubt it is SAP because SAP already has offices in NY, and a US HQ in Pennsylvania. Have to wait and see I suppose.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #1816
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Just good? Don't make me laugh. This is world class. Just because the height isn't enough for your ridiculous expectations doesn't reduce the overall quality of this development. If your expectations for height are Asia, you'll never be satisfied with NYC.
With 225 West I am satisfied, with 432 Park I am satisfied, and with 1WTC I am satisfied too, so I am already satisfied with NYC. I'm only not as satisfied as I would like with the Hudson Yards. I also am satisfied with shorter buildings, for example 15 Penn or Tower Verre because they have top class design and design is even more important than height for me. The reason why I am not that much satisfied with the Hudson Yards is because for me they have neither top class design, nor top class height. But again, I have to repeat that the project is good. That is what it is for me, good.
Old December 5th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #1817
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Nope. Here's the interview, the Hudson Yards stuff starts a little after the 4 minute mark.

The leases he's referring to when he says they need to cross the T's and dot the I's are L'Oreal for around 400,000 sf and SAP 100,000 sf.

In regards to the other lease about an overseas company "making a new presence here" I highly doubt it is SAP because SAP already has offices in NY, and a US HQ in Pennsylvania. Have to wait and see I suppose.
He was referring just to the South Tower. Perhaps he was referring to SAP, which perhaps is moving its US HQ to NYC.
Old December 5th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #1818
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28178

100,000 or 400,000 sft is not a very large part (less than half) of the total space. Would that syill be enough to start construction?
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #1819
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Offereins View Post
100,000 or 400,000 sft is not a very large part (less than half) of the total space. Would that syill be enough to start construction?
L'Oreal (400k sf) and SAP (100k sf) will be in the Coach (South) Tower. They were not discussing the North Tower.
Old December 5th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #1820
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Okay, so now I'm confused. There is NO basis for the speculation that the North tower has a tenant on the ropes ?
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 hudson yards, hudson yards, manhattan tower, north tower, supertall, west 33rd street