daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 7th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #1941
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

I see, thanks for the explanation

Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #1942
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I see, thanks for the explanation
My pleasure, Kanto.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #1943
acerx
traveling the world

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
They did. These photos are from December 10-12th 2012 mind you, but prep work has started.
Thanks,
those are beautiful pictures with the trains in the foreground
acerx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #1944
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
Isn't it easier to have twin towers (well, you know what I mean ) in one thread. Just like Pingan IFC in Shenzhen, so you can see both towers in one picture, and nobody has to post his pics in different threads.
That's true. But I consider this project to be the new new (sic!) WTC, where several towers will be U/C at the same time. Once the D and E towers start rising too, we can split it up. For now it's probably too early...
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #1945
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2436

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
Wow, another 400m+ tower for New York. Took me some time to go through this thread, but those amazing renders were definitely worth it.

I guess once the smaller tower starts construction it wouldn't be a bad idea to separate the thread so people can focus on a single project.
They already did that in SSP, but I don't think it is a good idea yet.

For now I think it is better as it is, all in one. Once Coach Tower starts construction of structures, would be good to separate threads, but not to separate North and South towers as they already did in SSP. I keep a thread for both office towers and other two for the residential buildings.

It would take a while for the construction of North tower to start, so it would be better to have news of it in the same thread of the South tower. I see this like a single complex within the entire complex that is Hudson Yards (you can say it is similar to Federation Towers in Moscow, one complex formed by two buildings in a context of a larger development area. Also the construction of them were in different times as in HY and they didn't split the thread)
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #1946
thejacko5
SSC Addict

Likes (Received): 401

2015 my eye.
thejacko5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #1947
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5172

Playing Polo at Hudson Yds.

By STEVE CUOZZO
Last Updated: 11:55 PM, January 7, 2013

"Ralph Lauren Corp. just might be trying on Hudson Yards for size.

The publicly traded lifestyle and fashion brand has talked to Related Cos. officials about possibly moving to the second office building planned at Hudson Yards, sources said — a step that would get the 26-acre site’s so-called North Tower off the ground.

We’re not saying letter-of-intent or close to it. Which big company planning to grow hasn’t at least glanced at Hudson Yards? Sometimes, talks are just talks and looks are just looks..."
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #1948
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28342

Related probably talked with a lot of possible tenants. Does not mean much, there isn't even a letter-of-intent.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #1949
comet the cat
Too tall is not an option

Likes (Received): 85

Here's a video I made on this topic, please if I made any mistakes I'd love to know! Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2bZxq0BCg
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #1950
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53453

More from the article above:

Quote:
Ralph Lauren Corp. just might be trying on Hudson Yards for size.

The publicly traded lifestyle and fashion brand has talked to Related Cos. officials about possibly moving to the second office building planned at Hudson Yards, sources said — a step that would get the 26-acre site’s so-called North Tower off the ground.

We’re not saying letter-of-intent or close to it. Which big company planning to grow hasn’t at least glanced at Hudson Yards? Sometimes, talks are just talks and looks are just looks. But they weren’t much more than that when we first reported on Nov. 30, 2010, that Coach Inc. was huddling with Stephen M. Ross’s Related about moving to Hudson Yards.

Coach has since bought and leased much of the 47-story 1.7 million square-foot South Tower at the rail yard site’s 10th Avenue at 30th Street corner. Preliminary construction is under way and two other tenants, L’Oréal and tech company SAP, are negotiating for leases as well.

Although few are aware, Ralph Lauren — which is “galloping at a faster clip” than when its namesake founder “first entered the arena 45 years ago,” according to Hoover’s rating service — has around 800,000 square feet of Manhattan office space.

The lion’s share is at its headquarters at 655 Madison Ave., but the company has offices at several other locations. And although its lease at 655 Madison doesn’t expire until 2022, a source noted that a second Hudson Yards tower couldn’t be finished until 2016 at the earliest.

“They seem to have stars in their eyes about a KPF-designed ‘Ralph Lauren Tower’ where they could consolidate and grow,” said an insider. “Remember, Tiffany had years to go on their office lease when they decided to move to 200 Fifth Ave.”

A rep for Related said, “We have tremendous interest in the North Tower but decline to comment on specific tenants.”

[...]
800,000 sq. ft. might be enough to launch the tower on it's own but Ralph Lauren could always aim for 1 million. Highly speculative indeed but the triangulation of the Meatpacking District, the High Line and Hudson yards seems to be driving interest in these developments. When a neighborhood heats up, it's good to be the guy with the most GLA to offer the horde.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1951
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Wow! Between Coach, Ralph Lauren, and L'Oreal, the Yards will be PACKED with hot birds! It should be nicknamed, "the aviary."
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #1952
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

This stands out to me: “They seem to have stars in their eyes about a KPF-designed ‘Ralph Lauren Tower’ where they could consolidate and grow,” said an insider.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #1953
RobertWalpole
BANNED

One of the many things that's amazing about NY is that this ppossibility of Ralph Lauren's leasing 800k sq f came out of nowhere. There are so many users seeking large blocks of space in NY.

If Ralph Lauren takes 1m sf and Time Warner takes 1m, this tower will be basically full.

Last edited by RobertWalpole; January 9th, 2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #1954
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

The Yards seem te be hot.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1955
RobertWalpole
BANNED

It's a combination of an outstanding project at an unbeatable price. I''ve always said that 15 Penn, Manhattan West, 2 WTC, etc. Can't compete interRelated is offering space at cost.
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #1956
Lodgy Lion
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
It's a combination of an outstanding project at an unbeatable price. I''ve always said that 15 Penn, Manhattan West, 2 WTC, etc. Can't compete interRelated is offering space at cost.
One (what space is left) and Four WTC can't even compete with The Hudson Yards. I am stunned Silverstein is close to signing GroupM/another company (name escapes me) to Tower 3. I would think a better option, financially, would be The Hudson Yards, but I am not familiar with those companies nor their particular needs.
Lodgy Lion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #1957
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

WTC and HY are both fascinating locations in development.
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #1958
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodgy Lion View Post
One (what space is left) and Four WTC can't even compete with The Hudson Yards. I am stunned Silverstein is close to signing GroupM/another company (name escapes me) to Tower 3. I would think a better option, financially, would be The Hudson Yards, but I am not familiar with those companies nor their particular needs.
Well, if I had a huge company I would prefer the WTC as well because of its prestige. Nobody except for us skyscraper fanatics know the name Hudson Yards but everybody knows the name World Trade Center
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #1959
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodgy Lion View Post
Larry clearly gave Group M and White & Case sweet deals in order to secure financing and get T3 moving. Real estate insiders long predicted that he would. W&C is one of the most prestigious law firms in the world.
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #1960
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Well, if I had a huge company I would prefer the WTC as well because of its prestige. Nobody except for us skyscraper fanatics know the name Hudson Yards but everybody knows the name World Trade Center
Not so sure if WTC is that prestigious (more known yes, but that is not equivalent tho prestige) And a rent substancially lower is a huge factor to choose one above other.

And whatsoever, HY is not even built yet, so it can not be much known or have much prestige yet, but it can be in the future.
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 hudson yards, hudson yards, manhattan tower, north tower, supertall, west 33rd street