daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 10th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #1961
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

Hudson yards is the superior location, close to midtown and penn station.
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #1962
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Well, if I had a huge company I would prefer the WTC as well because of its prestige. Nobody except for us skyscraper fanatics know the name Hudson Yards but everybody knows the name World Trade Center
Everyone knows who Justin Bieber is. That doesn't make him prestigious.
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1963
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

That's true, though on the other hand everybody except for teenage girls hates Bieber, however only islamic terrorists hate the WTC.
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #1964
aquablue
BANNED

Transport connections are better meaning shorter commutes to HY from most suburbs compared to the WTC which is removed from commuter rail. Appears no contest to me, combined with a new park vs a memorial. I know which place I'd rather work in.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #1965
Vormek
Scarface

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
That's true, though on the other hand everybody except for teenage girls hates Bieber, however only islamic terrorists hate the WTC.
Oh shut up you mindless sheep. You sound exactly like mainstream media.
Vormek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #1966
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22572

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Hudson yards is the superior location, close to midtown and penn station.
The WTC has it's own PATH Station and is near the heart of downtown... so it can compete
(had to edit to make my thought clear )

Last edited by Hudson11; January 10th, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
Hudson11 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #1967
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
The WTC has it's own PATH Station
Why bash? It is common knowledge that path has nothing on penn stations capacity to bring people into the city. Hudson yards is a few blocks away from the busiest station in the USA. In some years, penn station will welcome commuters from westchester also. Path is only two short subway lines in jersey. I think I know which location is more accessible for the most people and requires less commute time for people all over the metro.

Last edited by aquablue; January 10th, 2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #1968
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22572

but i like to bash

i was lazy with my post sorry
Hudson11 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #1969
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
The WTC has it's own PATH Station and is near the heart of downtown... so it can compete
(had to edit to make my thought clear )
It can compete, but midtown is still more desirable a location so I feel Hudson yards has superior advantages. Also, it is being developed ad the next rock center versus a somber memorial at the WTC, which would you rather? Don't forget high line access and HY looks to be on another level.
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:25 AM   #1970
Lodgy Lion
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
It can compete, but midtown is still more desirable a location so I feel Hudson yards has superior advantages. Also, it is being developed ad the next rock center versus a somber memorial at the WTC, which would you rather? Don't forget high line access and HY looks to be on another level.
WTC will not be somber. The two pools and the museum? Yes. Otherwise, it's a park with four supertalls full of office workers, a world-class mall, a world-class transit hub, AND it will be across the street from the "under renovation" World Financial Center's office buildings and retail. Make no mistake: the World Trade Center and its vicinity will be one of the more bustling areas of our great city.
Lodgy Lion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:09 AM   #1971
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodgy Lion View Post
WTC will not be somber. The two pools and the museum? Yes. Otherwise, it's a park with four supertalls full of office workers, a world-class mall, a world-class transit hub, AND it will be across the street from the "under renovation" World Financial Center's office buildings and retail. Make no mistake: the World Trade Center and its vicinity will be one of the more bustling areas of our great city.
Did I say the WTC would be somber? No, I said the memorial would be. . It is true imo that the park element at the HY would be more inviting for office workers than the smaller park being built next to the memorial. Anyway this is my opinion about which location is most desirable, it is of course open to debate.

Last edited by aquablue; January 11th, 2013 at 03:53 AM.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:44 AM   #1972
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5308

I know I would rather work in the WTC. I much prefer Lower Manhattan to Midtown. I don't know why. It's just so much more intriguing and I love the layout. Midtown doesn't have that "X Factor" that Lower Manhattan does. Is it just me?
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:07 AM   #1973
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
I know I would rather work in the WTC. I much prefer Lower Manhattan to Midtown. I don't know why. It's just so much more intriguing and I love the layout. Midtown doesn't have that "X Factor" that Lower Manhattan does. Is it just me?
I also much prefer Wall Street to Midtown. However, Midtown is more convenient for commuters.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #1974
aquablue
BANNED

This is about HY though, not midtown as we know it today.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #1975
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Nope, it's not just you, I like downtown more too. To me it seems more inviting, more open than midtown
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #1976
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Nope, it's not just you, I like downtown more too. To me it seems more inviting, more open than midtown
Nope. Downtown is not more open than midtown, it is more clostophobic with narrow canyons. The narrow streets around wall street can be charming. but certainly not more open than midtown.

Midtown is also more inviting I think. Downtown struck me as rather lacking in that aspect with too many boring stores and a lack of color. Of couse I'm talking about the financial district which makes sense given its role. It is supposed to be conservative and straight laced.

Last edited by aquablue; January 11th, 2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #1977
Nikonov_Ivan

Likes (Received): 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodgy Lion View Post

World-class mall?
Nikonov_Ivan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #1978
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikonov_Ivan View Post
World-class mall?
That mall isn't my idea of world class either. The hudson yards mall will be nicer for sure.

Last edited by aquablue; January 11th, 2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #1979
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
nope i agree lol i thought lower manhattan was alot nicer i dont know why i just liked it more, i liked the narrow streets near wall street lol
1Filipe1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #1980
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikonov_Ivan View Post
World-class mall?
The arcade at the WFC (across from the WTC) is being expanded and completely overhauled. Supposedly, it will be very high-end. The same is planned for the massive amount of sq feet of shopping being planned at the WTC.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 hudson yards, hudson yards, manhattan tower, north tower, supertall, west 33rd street