daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 22nd, 2012, 12:04 AM   #41
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio righi riva View Post
the developer change the architect,unfortunately is not more Steven Holl.The design is changed you can see it in the web site of http://www.sherwood-equities.com/ project number 4
That's not the actual design.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2012, 12:53 AM   #42
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

On this spot a highrise with a cool design in the shadows of the Hudson Yards towers would be great.

bozenBDJ liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 02:04 AM   #43
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

I'm going to swing by the site sometime in the next few days, as I remember seeing some sort of movement on this site a couple of days after Sandy hit. It could have been work related to the getting water out of the Lincoln Tunnel maybe or maybe some sort of other post Sandy repairs being made to something, but I'll do my best to swing by.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 02:31 AM   #44
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
I'm going to swing by the site sometime in the next few days, as I remember seeing some sort of movement on this site a couple of days after Sandy hit. It could have been work related to the getting water out of the Lincoln Tunnel maybe or maybe some sort of other post Sandy repairs being made to something, but I'll do my best to swing by.
Yankeesfan, can you take photos of the demolition at 577 9th Ave (at 42nd St) also?
Old November 22nd, 2012, 03:09 AM   #45
yankeesfan1000

Yeah I can do that, if I can't swing by tomorrow on my way to or from GCT I'll go Friday.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 03:30 AM   #46
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Thanks
Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:22 AM   #47
giorgio righi riva
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

Sherwood equities

Robert , do you know something about the official architect for 360 10 avenue?
I had write that Steven Holl is cancealed, because in the past they showned the same steven Holl project tower developed previously by Extell and few month later they changed with the mysterious dark tower...
Robert , Please say me that is Steven holl again or Oma or Zaha Hadid!!!!! or something of great!
giorgio righi riva no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 02:53 AM   #48
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Sherwood said in the article that they haven't finalized anything yet.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 02:54 AM   #49
rencharles
We will never forget

Likes (Received): 93

I liked the previous design. He was tall and different. It had 61 stories and was supposed to 774 FT. But I'll wait to see this one with 50 floors, maybe soon have some residential floors and can grow.

It's great to see the amount of proposals for the city, especially on this side that is "reborn".
rencharles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 03:28 AM   #50
RobertWalpole
BANNED

This tower should be at least 250m. 700k sf is a lot for a hotel, particularly one like this which sits on a pretty small footprint.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 03:00 PM   #51
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winoc View Post
Here's what was planned for this site a couple of years ago:
That looks awesome, too bad that it's an old design.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:32 PM   #52
yankeesfan1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Yankeesfan, can you take photos of the demolition at 577 9th Ave (at 42nd St) also?
No movement yet at 577 9th Avenue, assuming it's that weird yellow building on the South West corner of 42nd and 9th. There's also some pilling machines on an empty lot on 40th and 10th, west side of the street. No idea what that is.

On to this site, the site is boarded up with hugely tall blue ply wood, probably ten feet tall, so it's really hard to see into the site but there's definitely a backhoe on site as I could just make out the top of it. Because how well it's boarded up it's really hard to say if there's anything else on site. Obviously no workers on site day after Thanksgiving, but I'll wander up the High Line next week when workers would be on site, if there are any.
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #53
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Thanks, Yank. Demo permits were filed for the assemblage of properties at the sw corner of 42nd and 9th. I guess they haven't started work yet.

The site on 10th sounds like Extell's site at 537 10th Av (next to the old church).

Old November 24th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #54
yankeesfan1000

Quote:
...The site on 10th sounds like Extell's site next to the old church.
Yup, it shared a block with a church. Any ideas on what will rise?
Old November 24th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #55
RobertWalpole
BANNED

I have no idea. I'd expect something nice but not remarkable -- probably a rental tower that's between 700 and 850 feet.

It would be nice if Extell built Holl's tower here.
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #56
Coddington
... Coddi ...

Likes (Received): 262

The old church won't be destroyed? I hope it won't!
I took this pic of it last year:

Coddington no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 03:14 AM   #57
RobertWalpole
BANNED

The Church will remain fortunately.
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #58
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 4498

One of the the things which i love about New York is that you can have a lovely old church, with a giant 2-300m skyscraper built right next to it! Little Gems like these dotted around the city, just great!

Here in England Churches are surrounded by low rise buildings, with strict plannings for sightlines, it's sooo different here!

Looking forward to the new design of this building
iamtheSTIG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #59
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

Quote:
Thanks, Yank. Demo permits were filed for the assemblage of properties at the sw corner of 42nd and 9th. I guess they haven't started work yet.

The site on 10th sounds like Extell's site at 537 10th Av (next to the old church).

Yeah, that one's going to be a blockbuster!

Last edited by desertpunk; February 13th, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:59 AM   #60
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

Hudson Yards — the next frontier in hotel development

Quote:
The Real Deal, November 1 2012

[...]

Scuttled projects revived?

Whether the new interest in hotels will revive scuttled plans for old hotel projects remains to be seen. The state, which owns the land facing the Javits Center, has been pushing for a hotel there since the convention facility was built in 1986. But no hotel has ever been built.

In 2008, after many delays, three developers — Extell Development, the Moinian Group and FaulknerUSA — submitted bids to build on the site. But state officials ended up returning their money as concerns mounted over the fate of the Javits, which was also in need of a massive renovation.

But that $463 million renovation is nearing its 2013 completion. And the site, which is where workers are installing a vent for the No. 7 train, will be empty again once the new subway station opens in 2014. “There’s always the possibility in the future to do a hotel there,” said Barbara Lampen, president of the New York Convention Center Development Corp., which owns the land.

Lampen added that there’s a state-owned (and similarly empty) parcel that might be desirable for a hotel south of Javits, too. The site of a truck parking lot, it’s a skinny lot located between West 34th and West 35th streets from 11th to 12th avenues.

Those types of smaller lots can be advantageous, said Ryan Nelson, a vice president at Sherwood Equities, the developer that’s planning a 700,000-square-foot hotel for a corner lot at 360 10th Avenue at West 30th Street.

The 50-story hotel, which is still in the design stages and has not yet been permitted, could have up to 500 rooms and also may contain offices, said Nelson. The building “should” be completed in 2016, he said.

Sherwood, which developed the Renaissance New York Times Square Marriott, bought the site in 2011 from Barclays Bank, which took control from previous owner Extell.

Tags
360 10th ave., frank mccourt, hudson yards, new york, nyc