daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 29th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #101
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

I can see 1,300 ft easily. Heck 432 Park has 800k sf vs. 730k sf for development for here.

Hell yea, McCourt-Hines partnership essentially has opened up their wallets for SHoP to design something iconic. Looking forward what they can do for a $3B tower.

It’s like they gave SHoP the keys to a Bugatti Veyron and say son… go win me the race. I'm excited with this and Hudson Yards is about to go bonkers.

And I agree with this news, the stakes has risen! I think now it is safe to say 35 Hudson will be ~ 1,100 ft tall and Ross/KPF must explore designing a superior product design wise cuz they will now have formidable competitor in the super lux condo segment in the Yards.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

citybooster liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2014, 10:36 PM   #102
Vertical_Gotham

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; September 29th, 2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old September 29th, 2014, 11:56 PM   #103
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

If this does anything to get Tishman Speyer to up their game on the lame 61 story formerly named Hudson Spire, this may just be it!!!!!!! What is the square footage potential of 453 W33rd? Enough that a 900 footer could rise there?
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 12:01 AM   #104
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 4492

If this turns out anything like 111West 57th Street with a ginormous crown, this could be what the Hudson Spire could've been (from what we know atm)
I'm not going to be surprsied if this pushes over the 400m mark, I'm not getting my hopes up; but it's totally possible!

I can imagine this build being brick or brick like substance and colour, with some industrial aspect - like exposed steel girders forming the exterior of the tower

Or possibly a bit of brutalism? Or a mix? Who knows! With SHoP, there's a reason to be excited

Check out my Instagram

Nottingham Interactive Development Map

Vertical_Gotham, WillBuild liked this post
iamtheSTIG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 12:03 AM   #105
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
If this does anything to get Tishman Speyer to up their game on the lame 61 story formerly named Hudson Spire, this may just be it!!!!!!! What is the square footage potential of 453 W33rd? Enough that a 900 footer could rise there?
I still think the Hudson Spire could be pretty tall (Aprox 1,250', maybe taller with a crazy crown/spire), but we know it will add quality to the Hudson Yards like SHoP's project will with that price tag.

453 W 33rd as of now has 540k sf for development with an option to upgrade to 630k sf. It will be designed by FXFowle but I don't think it will be super lux like 35 Hudson and 360 10th. Possibly more in the lines of Silverstein's affordable planned 520 W 41st street tower.

iamtheSTIG, citybooster liked this post

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; September 30th, 2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old September 30th, 2014, 12:16 AM   #106
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 4492

Btw, does anyone else remember Yimby posting on here hinting that the Nordstrom Tower won't be the tallest residential building in the city?

This could possibly be it!

Check out my Instagram

Nottingham Interactive Development Map
iamtheSTIG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 12:21 AM   #107
ajbenius

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheSTIG View Post
Btw, does anyone else remember Yimby posting on here hinting that the Nordstrom Tower won't be the tallest residential building in the city?

This could possibly be it!
Just imagine this being the tallest residential building... in the world!
ajbenius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 01:06 AM   #108
LondoniumLex
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2064

I think that this will be between 300 and 400m.

LondoniumLex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 01:13 AM   #109
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

Likes (Received): 2793

I wonder if it'll be similar in concept to 500 W 30th St, only much taller.
j-biz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 01:32 AM   #110
LondoniumLex
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2064

P.S.: The $3b figure has to be a typo.

Vertical_Gotham liked this post
LondoniumLex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 03:30 AM   #111
Vertical_Gotham

Lol. If it was a typo and it was meant to be $300 Million, the editor needs to get the ax. #asap

If it was meant to be $2B, it's stiill expensive and I would call the typo as the result of fat fingers and call for the editor to get a new pair of spectacles. If it was meant to be $1B, pass go & do not collect $200 and go to my first sentence.

I agree tho, $3B figure is hard to fathom IMO, especially where 360 10th is located, while it's not bad it's not the greatest. It's greatest asset is if they could join theirs with the High Line spur & I believe they will. It would be beneficial for their project and the Hudson Yards as a whole. Also as a result, hopefully Brookfield Manhattan West works together with Hines to connect the MW breezway to theirs. What can drastically change this area for the better is that I hope USPS ends up selling that hideous block long Morgan post office building across the street for a major development cuz it's no secret the USPS could seriously use the $$.

Old September 30th, 2014, 03:47 AM   #112
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

Likes (Received): 2793

Well, let's not forget that this lot is immediately adjacent to the J-biz Memorial Smokestack Building. That adds another 1B to the value, easy.
Old September 30th, 2014, 04:29 AM   #113
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4604

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondoniumLex View Post
P.S.: The $3b figure has to be a typo.
I kind of agree. We're talking 1WTC money, this is a price tag you would expect for a major tower. But again we don't know what they have in stores.

All the good stuff has already been said about SHOP designing the project, but I'm doubly excited knowing that Hines is involved in it.
All their projects in the city are stellar and they've they've been very explicit about wanting to build well designed buildings in the city so I'm definitely expecting something great on this site.

Last edited by Ghostface79; November 6th, 2014 at 06:08 PM.
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 04:56 AM   #114
Vertical_Gotham

Yea I agree. That kind of money is major office tower $$ for a project like the WTC towers & the Hudson Spire, unless they plan to build the tower in platinum steel and incorporate the sickest mission impossible billionaire defense systems.

What is important like Ghost said is 1) Hines is involved and 2) SHoP is tapped.

That alone is reason to have high hopes for this tower. If the cost is in fact $3B... then dang.

Old September 30th, 2014, 06:59 AM   #115
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
Lol. If it was a typo and it was meant to be $300 Million, the editor needs to get the ax. #asap

If it was meant to be $2B, it's stiill expensive and I would call the typo as the result of fat fingers and call for the editor to get a new pair of spectacles. If it was meant to be $1B, pass go & do not collect $200 and go to my first sentence.

I agree tho, $3B figure is hard to fathom IMO, especially where 360 10th is located, while it's not bad it's not the greatest. It's greatest asset is if they could join theirs with the High Line spur & I believe they will. It would be beneficial for their project and the Hudson Yards as a whole. Also as a result, hopefully Brookfield Manhattan West works together with Hines to connect the MW breezway to theirs. What can drastically change this area for the better is that I hope USPS ends up selling that hideous block long Morgan post office building across the street for a major development cuz it's no secret the USPS could seriously use the $$.

There's a huge USPS facility in downtown Boston that could yield up a bonanza if they only had the money to move out of there so they could sell it! Catch-22. $3 billion is an absurd number for a residential tower. That's twice the cost to build the Chicago Spire.

Vertical_Gotham liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 07:49 AM   #116
Tower Dude

Likes (Received): 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
Also, I hope they take the opportunity to make a direct connection to the High Line spur. The breezeway at 5 MW doesn't seem like it will make a connection, but this tower will be literally yards from the end of the Spur.
I think that they will SHoP thought of this in their Gotham Gateway plan, and it seems unlikely they would give it up.

"Make no small plans they lack the magic to stir men's blood!" - Daniel Burnham

"The scale is Roman and will have to be sustained."
- Charles Follen McKim (In a letter to a friend concerning the design of Penn Station)

Tower Dude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2014, 12:16 AM   #117
Vertical_Gotham

Company’s press release mentions nothing about any $ figure.

via MG
https://www.linkedin.com/company/mccourt-global

Quote:
Today, McCourt Global’s real estate holdings include 360 Tenth Avenue in New York City, on which it intends to develop a large, mixed-use property
Via press release @ MG
http://www.mg.com/mg-properties-hine...ted-architect/

Quote:
MG Properties, the real estate investment and development arm of McCourt Global, announced today an equity and development partnership with Hines, the international real estate firm, on the development of its mixed-use project at 360 Tenth Avenue in New York City. Additionally, it was announced that MG Properties and Hines have selected SHoP Architects to design the high-profile project.

In 2013, 360 Tenth Avenue was purchased from Sherwood Equities for approximately $167.5 million. The property, which is immediately adjacent to Hudson Yards at 31st Street on Manhattan’s West Side, is zoned for up to 733,406 square feet of Total Zoning Floor Area (ZFA).

“We are very pleased to have the world class team at Hines join us on 360 Tenth,” said Drew McCourt, president of MG Properties. “The addition of SHoP’s creativity and innovation is a significant enhancement to the project as we look to blend the residential, retail, and commercial elements into an architecturally-significant addition to the North Chelsea/Hudson Yards neighborhood.”

“We are excited to partner with the McCourt team on 360 Tenth and welcome the opportunity to expand our development work into the heart of Manhattan’s fastest growing new neighborhood,” commented Tommy Craig, Hines’ senior managing director for the New York office.

Recently named the world’s most innovative architecture firm by Fast Company, SHoP has been a creative force behind many notable projects in New York City in recent years, including: 111 West 57th; 626 First Avenue; Gotham Gateway; the Domino Sugar Refinery and Barclays Center.

We are thrilled to be working with McCourt and Hines to design this important new tower at the terminus of the High Line and the hinge between the Hudson River and Penn Station. We hope to create a building that evokes the best of historic Chelsea while making a strong contemporary addition to the skyline.” said Vishaan Chakrabarti, a partner at SHoP Architects.
McCourt + Hines + SHoP + Large + High Profile + Architecturally Significant = Epic

Old October 1st, 2014, 01:59 AM   #118
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

"Evocative of historic Chelsea".

Water tanks?
Old October 1st, 2014, 02:26 AM   #119
sbarn

Likes (Received): 991

According to NYC digital tax map, the main portion of the property is 144 feet by 141 feet, creating an approximately 20,000 SF site. There is also a "leg" portion that would increase the site's size by a few more thousand feet.

I guess the question is what the ratio of office (if any) to residential is... if it is primarily residential tower with a 8000 SF floor plate, the same as 432 Park, that would yield a ~ 92 story tower. Massive!
Old November 6th, 2014, 06:16 PM   #120
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4604

Not exactly related to this project but I couldn't help myself to post this.
The model to the right of the picture looks like Shop's design for MSG. It looks freaking amazing. This one has to be a megatall when compared with the ESB.
Also seems like this is a fairly new model cause if I'm not mistaken 10HY and 30HY are in the background. I can only wish this one comes to life one day.
Shop, you damn tease!

http://shoparc.com/mediaitems/all

MarshallKnight, citybooster liked this post
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
360 10th ave., frank mccourt, hudson yards, new york, nyc