daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Old March 1st, 2012, 11:50 PM   #2141
JeV

Likes (Received): 81

All tickets were sold. Probably a lot of vips/guests did not attend. And there were thousands of free invitations distribiuted for this match.
JeV no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:11 AM   #2142
DocentX

Likes (Received): 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel19-87 View Post
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:51 AM   #2143
robbery4774

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLSKA GOLA View Post
I dont mind the distance between goals and the crowd,i actually prefer it!!
The stadium is a beauty,there is no doubt about that,the ONLY gripe i have personally is the grey 'rails' running around the middle of the stadium,could they not colour them or something?reminds of bad times,communsim.
agree 100 percent, the grey rails make a triste look for the TV viewer! But they surely will put this blue EURO design on it.

New warsaw stadium is definetely a great stadium with great exterior and interior, but i think they did a better job in romania with the national stadium.

robbery4774 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:23 AM   #2144
NesC

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLSKA GOLA View Post
I dont mind the distance between goals and the crowd,i actually prefer it!!
Why?

I don't understand why a lot of new stadiums have more than the regulated 7,5 meters? How much is it at Narodowy? 15? 20 meters? Is it so you can play rugby and American football or what is the reason for placing people much, much further from the action than necessary?
NesC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:33 AM   #2145
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 1655

Rugby

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:23 AM   #2146
Husarz

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NesC View Post
Why?

I don't understand why a lot of new stadiums have more than the regulated 7,5 meters? How much is it at Narodowy? 15? 20 meters? Is it so you can play rugby and American football or what is the reason for placing people much, much further from the action than necessary?
I hope to god they thought ahead and did it so Zuzel track can fit!!!
Husarz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:37 AM   #2147
Cyganie

Likes (Received): 6

Rugby is not very popular in Poland and no rugby match in the world could fill even half of Narodowy! Furthermore, in Gdynia exists already a small stadium just for that sport...
Cyganie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:50 AM   #2148
Evil78

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbery4774 View Post
New warsaw stadium is definetely a great stadium with great exterior and interior, but i think they did a better job in romania with the national stadium.
Yes, but the same problem in Bucharest as well, with those ugly grey walls. I hope they will put something on them, at least for the EL final.
I don't understand why they don't put commercials on them, like in many similar stadiums in Germany?

Two good examples are: the Veltins Arena, or the Commerzbank Arena. Putting commercials there has more advantages. They are more visible (being a bigger surface, than the boards along the pitch), and they give a bit of color to the stadium.

Evil78 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 12:38 PM   #2149
piopix

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Why? Bucharest stadium isn't in the league of Warsaw one. IMO Bucharest is low-budget stadium. That's nothing wrong, don't offence. Simply, Stadionul Naţional doesn't have:
- underground parking
- 25,000 m^2 of commercial
- exterior

Also details are the clue. On every step we can easily see why Warsaw stadium costed 2,5 times more than Bucharest one. Look at seats:

[IMG]http://stadium*********/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/bucharest-national-stadium-seats.jpg[/IMG]

Quote:
The stadium is a beauty,there is no doubt about that,the ONLY gripe i have personally is the grey 'rails' running around the middle of the stadium,could they not colour them or something?reminds of bad times,communsim.
Wait to end of march. Oficial sponsor of Stadion Narodowy will be announced. Analysing all moves in this area, I guess it will be Coca-Cola. Then this places will be fitted with advertisement of this brand. During EC there will be Euro2012 identity bands.
piopix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:31 PM   #2150
N23SK

N23SK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:33 PM   #2151
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr View Post
renovated Warszawa Stadion train station nearby Stadion Narodowy - Euro2012 arena

http://www.2012.org.pl/pl/aktualnosc...luty-2012.html

lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:34 PM   #2152
lukaszek89
BANNED

Quote:
more photos of Warszawa Stadion train station by FauxNews

Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:35 PM   #2153
lukaszek89
BANNED

Quote:

Old March 2nd, 2012, 03:37 PM   #2154
Evil78

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by piopix View Post
Why? Bucharest stadium isn't in the league of Warsaw one. IMO Bucharest is low-budget stadium. That's nothing wrong, don't offence. Simply, Stadionul Naţional doesn't have:
- underground parking
Not true. It has underground parking.

Anyway...let's not start this discussion again. (it's sooooo boring, guys...)
Narodowy was built for a European Championship. Not only the costs show this, but also the quality of the materials used. Compare it to the Olympic stadium in Kiev, not to stadiums, which had half budgets, and were never meant to be more than what they are.
Evil78 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 03:43 PM   #2155
andriy1988

In my opinion the best stadium on Euro-2012 is Donbass Arena.

andriy1988 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 03:49 PM   #2156
lukaszek89
BANNED

this is not Donbass arena nor Bucharest stadium thread. Please make this picture smaller or delete it. Now wait for other forumers to write:

in my opinion the best stadium is [insert your favourite, or nationality]

no one cares your opinion

-or mods-could you clen this thread from spam?

Last edited by lukaszek89; March 2nd, 2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 04:04 PM   #2157
PaulFCB
In the brig

Likes (Received): 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by piopix View Post
- underground parking
- 25,000 m^2 of commercial
- exterior
It's not low cost, it's just lower cost, despite as I said, many essential things are missing face to Warsaw.

- Facade to protect spectators from last rows from cold winds and other weather discomforts
- No steel bars at the top tier makes it quite rudimentary since it's exactly as steep as Warsaw ( maybe even exactly the same amount of rows ) and so, as dangerous to slip and eventually end up killing a few more on your way down, not to mention that the access in the stands is difficult because only just a few gates are open, many come late and struggle to get to their seats and even find out it's taken because someone messed the row/sector/seat and it can become a bit chaotic if the match began.
- You have escalators if I'm not mistaking, no such thing at National Arena, only normal stairs, I'm not crying for myself, but if you stay on the last row you have to walk a lot of stairs, an old person may suffer plenty.
- The seats...are OK, at least if there's no fat person next to you don't don't have a problem, their comfy enough. But the problem is a lot of peasant come and start taking pictures sitting on the chairs, messing them up or use them as intermediary stairs while in Warsaw, they being retractable, leave extra space.

The colors might be more spectacular on National Arena from a distance ( though I hate the different contrasts and don't look so good from up close ) but Warsaw is a 10/10 stadium compared to Bucharest, of course, you had more money and not to mention...support from the city such as metro station, parking lot and the area looks great and easy to access from the center.
I somehow consider it the best for the Euro, face to Donbass Arena it's less oval, so here Poland wins over the Ukrainian stadiums.
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 04:12 PM   #2158
arekz1988

What about those lights ??? will be used on football match ??? http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/stadionf.jpg/
arekz1988 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 04:48 PM   #2159
Locke
alright, kick-ass

Likes (Received): 246

Bucharest is a great stadium with a vibrant interior but realistically you can't compare it to a premium multi-function stadium like the Stadion Narodowy which has a lot of commercial space, interiors, retractable roof, exteriors, underground parking and top quality fit out. I mean look at the plans, Stadion Narodowy is an expansive complex beyond just the pitch and seats.

e.g

vs

Last edited by Locke; March 2nd, 2012 at 05:01 PM.
Locke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:03 PM   #2160
PaulFCB
In the brig

Likes (Received): 208

Well, National Arena has the same retractable bluff *cough* roof, and seriously, when I was a kid, I hoped those soft-tops on cabrio's will be history .

The problem with National Arena is that, it's a Romanian icon of selfishness towards the ordinary citizen. Everything that is built for the ordinary guy is supposed to be limited, while only the smart-ass class is allowed to enjoy luxury. They didn't take a cent from the budget of the couches and the boxes, they also didn't restrict anything for that part of the stadium, only when it comes to "the rest" things are difficult and there's not enough dough for it, why shouldn't I drive the fucking Mercedes instead of 20 others having a Dacia/Renault?
It's called: simply I don't give a shit about your seat or if you have back problems because some chilly wind is blowing on your back, after the game, go home by foot because if it finishes after 22:45 there's no chance you catch a bus despite being various bus terminals near the stadium.
Parking lot? No need, there's enough space in front of the stadium for 100 Bentley's if needed. Escalators? Fuck off, to get to the boxes you can take an elevator. Commercial space? Yes, a lot, unused most of them because they sell Coke and Chips anyway and you need to stay in 2 lines cause first you need to buy the chip and they are too many but only like 2 bathrooms for a whole stand with 5.000 people.

Last edited by PaulFCB; March 2nd, 2012 at 05:14 PM.
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
euro 2012, infrastruktura sportowa, polish stadiums, soccer, stadion, stadion narodowy, stadiony, warsaw, warszawa