daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > West Africa > Nigeria > Urbanism related discussions > Regional Developments > South West

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 30th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #121
paddylo
Eko o ni baje

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegh7 View Post
Guys you know, looking at all the financial figures detailed for this project, there exit so many conflicting figures every where you look and it's hard to Know which one to believe. This is a perculiar problem with projects in Nigeria. I guess when you want to be corrupt, this is understandable!!! So I am thinking that this particular project along with many others, Is a complete mirage! They are just playing with you guys...

Don't be too uptimistic, you are dealing with a bunch of rooten individuals in power. Until all well-meaning and committed Nigerian's join hands to root out these individuals, then I suppose we would continue to see scenerios such as this and others which represents much worse. Thanks guys!!
The Lagos State Governor is definately not corrupt. .If there is conflict in the numbers its because it might have been revised up or down based on the financial capacity of the state

Its obvious u know little about Nigeria. . .Not everyone is corrupt. . .There is a Lagos state Procurement website which lists all awarded contracts(which i have posted above). . .

There are 36 states and the Federal Govt. . This Project has nothing to do with the federal Government

Sponsored Links

Old July 30th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #122
paddylo
Eko o ni baje

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendsofthecity View Post
There have been upgrades of neglected lines. And, I came across information online long time ago when this project was flagged off by Obasanju, the president before the late Yaraduo. There was along the line some complications on the tagged price of construction which was arguably on the high side.
You are talking of a Different Project and not this one. . .This is Light rail within the city of Lagos

Obasanjo's Project was Railways btw 2 or more cities like Lagos and Kano. .

The Lagos State GOVT is controlled by the opposition party,so OBASANJO could not have been flagging off any such project in Lagos,as this is a state GOVT Initiative
Old July 30th, 2010, 09:52 PM   #123
JoblessBeggar

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by xterra2 View Post
This is old news see the picture i posted above and check the decription
That picture is of the rehabilitation of Nigerian Rail Corporation (NRC) tracks in Iganmu. There are also newly-laid NRC tracks at Agege, Yaba, and Ebute Meta areas. But it has nothing to do with the LURT project.
JoblessBeggar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 10:07 PM   #124
JoblessBeggar

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Guys you know, looking at all the financial figures detailed for this project, there exit so many conflicting figures every where you look and it's hard to Know which one to believe. This is a perculiar problem with projects in Nigeria. I guess when you want to be corrupt, this is understandable!!! So I am thinking that this particular project along with many others, Is a complete mirage! They are just playing with you guys...

Don't be too uptimistic, you are dealing with a bunch of rooten individuals in power. Until all well-meaning and committed Nigerian's join hands to root out these individuals, then I suppose we would continue to see scenerios such as this and others which represents much worse. Thanks guys!!
Actually, I am looking at those figures provided above by the project managers and fail to spot the "conflicting figures."

Unless I am missing something, all I see are financial PROJECTIONS that interested private parties in this PPP transactions may choose to rely upon (or alternatively conduct their own financial feasibility studies) in deciding whether or not this is a bankable project.
JoblessBeggar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:06 AM   #125
Tegh7

Likes (Received): 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddylo View Post
The Lagos State Governor is definately not corrupt. .If there is conflict in the numbers its because it might have been revised up or down based on the financial capacity of the state

Its obvious u know little about Nigeria. . .Not everyone is corrupt. . .There is a Lagos state Procurement website which lists all awarded contracts(which i have posted above). . .

There are 36 states and the Federal Govt. . This Project has nothing to do with the federal Government
Hey! My friend, I am afraid you just represents one of the millions of naive individuals who tend to see things splashed out in Nigeria on it facial value. The fact that you state that the Lagos government isn't corrupt shows your level of naivity or otherwise outright ignorance. I any case, you need to grow up and try to undertand the country you are dealing with before posting things up here. It isn't enough to just be sitted some where in the UK and America and anywhere else for that matter and just accept what you are told and then base your arguments thereforth.
I never said the project won't be built but what I am saying is that the volatility in the price of construction clearly represent some level of sinister activities by the groups involved. For your information, when it comes to corruption in Nigeria, most of these activities are channeled through the state government. If your continue to kid yourself that the Lagos government isn't corrupt, then that's your own cross! However, If you want some awakening, then I would be willing to provide you with a contact that can prove authoritatively just how corrupt the Lagos state government can get. Thank you!

Last edited by Tegh7; July 31st, 2010 at 12:24 AM.
Tegh7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:39 AM   #126
GeeOhDee
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

im sure lagos state gov is corrupt, they're just not incompetent. scrape some money off the top if you want but get the job done, and i believe they will cause their track record is strong. as its important to not be overly optimistic, its just as important to not be overtly pessimistic either.
GeeOhDee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 02:06 AM   #127
paddylo
Eko o ni baje

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeOhDee View Post
im sure lagos state gov is corrupt, they're just not incompetent. scrape some money off the top if you want but get the job done, and i believe they will cause their track record is strong. as its important to not be overly optimistic, its just as important to not be overtly pessimistic either.
I guess thats what am trying to say. . .the other dude is talking as if the State Govt can award a N75 billion ($500million)contract without it being executed. .(i mean he called it a mirage. . what a joker)

Its impossible,because Lagos gets most of its funding from bonds,theres no way they can mismanage borrowed money like that,cause the people lending them the money are watching. . plus the world bank is involved with this. .

but can they get some kickbacks? sure. . it happens all over the world
Old July 31st, 2010, 02:24 AM   #128
Tegh7

Likes (Received): 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddylo View Post
I guess thats what am trying to say. . .the other dude is talking as if the State Govt can award a N75 billion ($500million)contract without it being executed. .(i mean he called it a mirage. . what a joker)

Its impossible,because Lagos gets most of its funding from bonds,theres no way they can mismanage borrowed money like that,cause the people lending them the money are watching. . plus the world bank is involved with this. .

but can they get some kickbacks? sure. . it happens all over the world
It is quite clear that you are leaving in a fools paradise... One of the first step to getting cure when ill is to acknowledge that you are ill in the first place. Keep putting up a brave face and pretend that all is fine, when infact it isn't. It is just going to make you seem more of a joker.
Tegh7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 02:35 AM   #129
paddylo
Eko o ni baje

Quote:
It is quite clear that you are leaving in a fools paradise... One of the first step to getting cure when ill is to acknowledge that you are ill in the first place. Keep putting up a brave face and pretend that all is fine, when infact it isn't. It is just going to make you seem more of a joker.
Hey why not lets stop arguing about the counter factual .. I intend to be alive in 5Yrs and ill be residing fulltime in Nigeria by this yr end

So we will see if it gets built or not,however note that the odds are on my side as construction work has already begun

Be prepared to eat your digital words. . .hope u like them in ones or zeros. . .lol
Old July 31st, 2010, 02:56 AM   #130
GeeOhDee
BANNED

i think bonds will kill the level of corruption in nigeria and i can't wait to see them become more common place, but you're right, you can't be corrupt with bonds without getting caught instantly.
GeeOhDee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:11 AM   #131
Carver02
Mister One Million

Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Dude, putting on a blindfold and pretending that everything is horrible, as you have, is senseless.

The good-natured people of this website want to celebrate the good, reform the troubled, and get rid of the bad. You're just trolling and not adding anything to the discussion.
Carver02 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:03 PM   #132
xterra2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoblessBeggar View Post
That picture is of the rehabilitation of Nigerian Rail Corporation (NRC) tracks in Iganmu. There are also newly-laid NRC tracks at Agege, Yaba, and Ebute Meta areas. But it has nothing to do with the LURT project.
Wait are you sure because the description said "Light rail"
xterra2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:06 AM   #133
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 88

Am not so much confused that images of the project under construction are not yet available but the misleading ideas behind the project.

It would be very helpful if updates are carefully posted here.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 03:01 AM   #134
french9ja

Its amazing how people go around accusing others of being currupt,what state is Tegha from,and I can tell you that your state cannot compete with Lagos state in anyway shape or form.Lagos State has been at the fore front of economic development in Nigeria,the likes we have not seen in 47years.If you dont like Lagos you can move to Sokoto State.
french9ja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 07:53 PM   #135
sammyjay77
PAN AFRICAN

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Hey! My friend, I am afraid you just represents one of the millions of naive individuals who tend to see things splashed out in Nigeria on it facial value. The fact that you state that the Lagos government isn't corrupt shows your level of naivity or otherwise outright ignorance. I any case, you need to grow up and try to undertand the country you are dealing with before posting things up here. It isn't enough to just be sitted some where in the UK and America and anywhere else for that matter and just accept what you are told and then base your arguments thereforth.
I never said the project won't be built but what I am saying is that the volatility in the price of construction clearly represent some level of sinister activities by the groups involved. For your information, when it comes to corruption in Nigeria, most of these activities are channeled through the state government. If your continue to kid yourself that the Lagos government isn't corrupt, then that's your own cross! However, If you want some awakening, then I would be willing to provide you with a contact that can prove authoritatively just how corrupt the Lagos state government can get. Thank you!

Well, If Lagos is corrupt, there has to be another name for corruption by the time you start to talk about people like Bukola Saraki, Odili, Igbinedion, Ibori and all. Definitely there are corrupt elements in every sphere of our society but if actually doing what is good is corruption then there is a problem somewhere.

You see, what I dont like amongst so many Nigerians that have not lived or traveled abroad is how they tend to dismiss Nigerians living in Diaspora as being "ignorant" or "naive" forgetting the fact that we are in a digital and technological advanced age where information travel at the speed of light. Some of them don't even hear or read about news until it is history and yet they call someone "ignorant" or "naive". I often disseminate information and links on my Facebook page 2 mins after the news break out and many people because of that wonder if I live in Nigeria or London....I just laugh.

I subscribe to News Agencies all around the world for Breaking and Live news feed and tend to be on top of the game......My mobiles are internet enabled and my emails push the news straight to my phone. And most of all, my former colleagues in the media feed me with news constantly.

What am saying in effect is that you should stop thinking Nigerian news or affairs are limited to those living in Nigeria alone. Most of us living abroad are more keen to get information more than so so many in Nigeria.
Old September 9th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #136
sammyjay77
PAN AFRICAN

Likes (Received): 1

Dont know if its been posted already. Fashola just posted this on his facebook page

Old September 10th, 2010, 05:30 AM   #137
GAR3TH
Student Architect جاريث

Likes (Received): 395

"We're Americans, we don't quit just 'cause we're wrong! We just keep doing the wrong thing 'till it turns out right!" - Boondocks
GAR3TH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 05:30 AM   #138
GAR3TH
Student Architect جاريث

"We're Americans, we don't quit just 'cause we're wrong! We just keep doing the wrong thing 'till it turns out right!" - Boondocks
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:47 PM   #139
xterra2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAR3TH View Post
Please i cant see the image
Used both safari and firefox still cant see it
xterra2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #140
GAR3TH
Student Architect جاريث

http://www.railway-technology.com/pr...stransit5.html

Tags
lagos