daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Sweden > Stockholm

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 6th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #21
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 677

A bit of a cynic about these things? I think we all are after all those unbuilt towers. But this one... Thay're already demolishing the buildings where KistaMässan will be, but right where the hotel will be there wasn't anything before, thus APP and not DEMO
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Ŝróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 6th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #22
Parzival
Babelous

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneda View Post
I totally forgot about this project. I thougth that it would never amount to anything, but really great to see that it still lives, and know more than ever. Maybe the Kista area can finally become the 'skyline area', that we all talked about all those years ago, before the Baltic states took over.
It's a shame if all nice skyscraper are built in Kista. It's an extremly unattractive location and is not even close to Stockholm inner city... uuuggghhh..
Old December 6th, 2007, 06:33 PM   #23
Swede
forumer #29

Kista is actually in a pretty good location. Yes, 10km from the center of Stockholm (there's even a big forest in the way), but commuincations are very good - and will get better in the future (LRT and possibly commuter-rail).
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Ŝróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Old December 6th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #24
Insane alex
Stockholm rules!

Likes (Received): 11

Well, skyscrapers in Kista won't be as visible on the skyline as much as they would if they were placed near downtown...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=449245
Countries i've been to: Australia, Austria, Canada, Brazil, China, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Lichtenstein, Germany, The Netherlands, Latvia, Italy, UK, USA, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hong Kong.
Insane alex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #25
Swede
forumer #29

True, but at least this one will be extremely visible when coming into Stockholm from the north (E20 and trains from Arlanda/Uppsala/...)
Old December 6th, 2007, 08:54 PM   #26
Ton-Tille

Likes (Received): 0

I like it, Nice design+glass
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:51 AM   #27
Nightsky
Illustrator

Likes (Received): 955

It is great with all these planned highrise in Kista! It must be the tallest Scandic hotel in the world if buiilt.

Website about my travels and buildings in USA and Europe -many cool pics:
http://www.worldtravelimages.net

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510

My latest drawings:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670500
Nightsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 05:43 PM   #28
Swede
forumer #29

Here's a direct link to the project's page on the City construction office (SBK)'s site http://planer.sbk.stockholm.se/SBKPl...w____3804.aspx

So it is in fact NOT approved just yet. It is open for public views until 2008.01.16. You can submit your views on-line by using a form that is linked from the above page. I did, and said the only critique I had was no more wings and that it wasn't taller.

Also, here's three pics I got from a pdf on that page

Old December 7th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #29
Insane alex
Stockholm rules!

Looks much nicer now, i hated those wings! But it isn't approved?! That sucks!

Countries i've been to: Australia, Austria, Canada, Brazil, China, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Lichtenstein, Germany, The Netherlands, Latvia, Italy, UK, USA, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hong Kong.
Old December 7th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #30
Swede
forumer #29

I wasn't too sure about them, but without them it's basically just a box.
Yeah, I thought so to. But it did seem to have gone too fast. And if it doesn't meet resistence (it shouldn't) the final go-ahead will come quarter 1 of 2008 - not that long a wait.
Old December 7th, 2007, 10:58 PM   #31
safta20

I liked the wings. Now it looks like thousands of other skyscrapers around the world. It's not a landmark that one remember after the first time you see it anymore.
safta20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2007, 12:32 AM   #32
sapmi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 90

It's kinda boring without the wings! As it looks now, anyone could have designed that scraper.
sapmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2007, 12:43 AM   #33
Jonte myra

I miss the wings aswell, the only thing that made it unique
Old December 8th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #34
Swede
forumer #29

Well, it's still by a fair margin tallest in Stockholm and not a square, but a parallelogram. Could it be more distinctive? yes. Would that be worth postponing it for like 6 months? nah, that tends to like... cancel stuff instead. :\
Old December 8th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #35
AW

I actually like this one better. It looks more like a real scraper than the previous one, eventhough it's a bit plain. Anything covered in glass tends to look good no matter the shape, and with some other towers in the surroundings it will fit Kista very well IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
Here's a direct link to the project's page on the City construction office (SBK)'s site http://planer.sbk.stockholm.se/SBKPl...w____3804.aspx
So it is in fact NOT approved just yet.
That sucks.. On the other hand, SBK hasn't even changed the status for the Klara complex yet, eventhough it won laga kraft over a month ago (iirc).
AW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #36
Parzival
Babelous

I think it looks awesome without the wings.
Old December 8th, 2007, 04:10 PM   #37
AW

Hey, I just noticed that it ain't gonna be completely symmetric; seen from above the rectangular shape seems to have been slightly warped to give it a more sleek design. Did that make sense or have you all noticed it already?
AW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2007, 05:04 PM   #38
safta20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW View Post
Hey, I just noticed that it ain't gonna be completely symmetric; seen from above the rectangular shape seems to have been slightly warped to give it a more sleek design. Did that make sense or have you all noticed it already?
It's still not enough to make it special like a landmark IMO...
safta20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #39
Insane alex
Stockholm rules!

With the new design, has the height increased 6m?

Old December 8th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #40
Muthai
KTH-student

IMO the new design is better. I agree with that the landmark-a-meter is cold, but it reflects the scandinavian design much moore, with a slim´, minimal and light design. I like it. I think that it's really fits with the surrounding buildings/projects.
Muthai no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
stockholm