daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #101
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Leave it here. It is an ongoing project, it is not cancelled
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #102
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15902

Ok, thanks!

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2017, 06:31 PM   #103
kanye
WDNF-Mod | RIP desertpunk

Likes (Received): 8506

Quote:
Investors in Stalled Abu Dhabi Project Refuse to Settle
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – 27 February 2017

Investors who bought flats in an Abu Dhabi complex where development stalled said they were offered half the cash they were owed in exchange for dropping lawsuits against the developer.

Buyers who paid hundreds of thousands of dirhams have been trying to claw back their money since work on Tameer Towers on Reem Island halted in 2011. An estimated 70 buyers said Tameer Holdings, owned by the Al Rajhi Group of Saudi Arabia, owed them millions.

Several buyers have pursued the firm in the Abu Dhabi Commercial Court for the past five years. Some buyers, and a lawyer representing several parties, said the developer has now offered a settlement that fell far short of what they are owed. The developer would not comment on the offer, but said it was tendering a new contract and intended to restart construction in 2017.

One buyer, Oleg Pushin, won his court case against Tameer, but said he has yet to see any of the Dh1 million (USD$272,000) he paid for a two-bedroom flat. His court documents state that his money went through Tatweer, a subsidiary of the company. It is responsible for paying him, but the court found that its accounts are empty. "Because Tameer ran all the money transfers through a company which, according to the court papers, partially belongs to Tatweer, I am now not able to get my money back from Tameer," said Pushin.

The developer would not confirm or comment on the potential settlements, but stated, "Tameer is committed to the delivery of units to its customers and it has arranged for the project to restart…A tender for the construction is under way and it expects to see the project active this year [2017]."

For more on this story, go to The National.
http://www.ctbuh.org/GlobalNews/getArticle.php?id=4694#!
kanye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2017, 07:16 PM   #104
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3182

Sucks that people got swindled but glad this is getting back on track..
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote