daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 11th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #21
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

Likes (Received): 124

CAREX (Express Freight terminal)

Quote:
Planned Express Freight terminal: CAREX

Since 1999, a number of companies located on the Roissy - Charles de Gaulle airport hub have been examining the possibility of installing one or more High Speed Line freight terminals to serve areas located less than two hours' rail journey from the airport.

Background to CAREX :
  • Express and Cargo freight traffic at Roissy – Charles de Gaulle is growing rapidly (+8,4% in 2005) and the same is true for Europe's other major airport hubs.
  • The decreasing number of night-time slots for air traffic in Europe, shifting energy costs and new HGV speed restrictions which came into force
    on January 1st 2007 all pose increasing problems for operators.
  • The expanding network of high-speed rail lines has made it possible to envisage complementary modal switching between air and rail transport (environmental policies, road network saturation, etc.)
  • Deregulation of European rail freight transport as of April 1st 2006 has provided further momentum for the project.
  • The relevant authorities and air freight operators are motivated by this sustainable development project.
The results of the feasibility study show that Carex fulfils operator expectations in terms of technical feasibility and its capacity to be integrated into overall operations and organisation by cost and destination.

2007 objectives
  • Launch of a legal and financial engineering mission to set up Eurocarex
  • Launch of site-by-site infrastructure studies and in-depth studies : 7 CAREX sites have been shortlisted for the first phase (mid-2012)

1. Roissy Carex Goussainville,
    2. Roissy Carex Tremblay en France,
    3. Lyon Carex,
    4. Liège Carex,
    5. Amsterdam Carex,
    6. Cologne Carex
    7. Londres Carex

• Infrastructure and junction studies for each Carex site
    • Slot studies
    • Drafting specifications for the launch of a tender by Eurocarex for the supply of rolling stock and services
Roissy Carex prensentation and press releases :
http://192.168.130.31/en/content/upl...%202007-GB.pdf
http://www.roissy-developpement.com/...nal-carex.html

Last edited by Alvar Lavague; January 11th, 2008 at 09:01 PM.
Alvar Lavague no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2008, 03:27 AM   #22
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

beautiful....will have malls inside?

Last edited by Shezan; January 13th, 2008 at 03:28 AM. Reason: quote error
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:24 PM   #23
p5archit

Likes (Received): 1

I have always loved CDG- by far one of my favorite airports. I know there has been a lot of complaining about broken infrastructure and aging facilities, but architecturally CDG stands out. Yes, there is room for improvement, but I don't know too many other airports which don't! The overall concept of the airport is great and in my opinion is quite efficient- for some odd reason I always feel as though I am in the future when I land at CDG- the sounds, the materials and the overall architectural vibe is awesome...

p5
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:08 AM   #24
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

Shezan, are you talking about Aeroville?

I like the terminal 1, it's unique.

The newest terminals are nice too.
Terminal 2F
Old January 14th, 2008, 06:49 AM   #25
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

yes, l'm talking about the aeroville...

beautiful shots of a beautiful hub...

Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 03:18 AM   #26
ChaseCarver

Likes (Received): 135

Is there any current pictures of the "Terminal E" ??
Because if its opening is planned for soon then it must be almost finished ?!??
ChaseCarver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #27
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

There was an article about the reconstruction of the terminal 2E in "Le Moniteur des Travaux Publics et du Bâtiment", n°5430 (21 December 2007). I guess it contains some photos.
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #28
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

Quote:
Coeur d'Orly business district project: Aéroports de Paris in exclusive negotiation with Altarea / Foncière des Régions pool

In order to select a property investment and development company for the first phase of the Coeur d'Orly project, Aéroports de Paris is engaged in exclusive negotiations with the Altarea and Foncière des Régions pool on a project designed by Jean-Michel Wilmotte as coordinating architect and landscape architect Philippe Thébaud.
The objective of Aéroports de Paris is to develop, in a first phase, a 13.5-hectare business district which will include offices, a congress centre, a four-star hotel and a commercial, services and entertainment centre. Coeur d'Orly will be serviced by the existing (RER, OrlyVAL) and future (like for example the Villejuif Juvisy tramway) transport means.
The first step of this phase of the Coeur d'Orly project includes 160, 000 m2 of offices, shops and hotel (including 70 000 m2 should be completed by end 2010). The main structure of this business district has been designed by the urban planners-architects pool Devillers Associés/ Brochet-Lajus-Pueyo.
At this stage, the cost of this first step is estimated at nearly 400 million euros (except hotel and congress centre). Aéroports de Paris plans to co-invest half the amount with the property developer in offices and shops.
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/Adp/R...eurorlyang.pdf
Old January 18th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #29
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

2007 traffic

Quote:
Aéroports de Paris
December 2007 traffic figures: + 3.7%
2007 traffic, a record number of passengers: 86.4 million passengers

Passenger traffic figures

In December 2007, Aéroports de Paris handled 6.7 million passengers, an increase of 3.7% on December 2006. Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport recorded a gain of 5.4% to 4.6 million passengers and Paris-Orly airport was up by 0.2% to 2.1 million passengers.
For the full year 2007, Aéroports de Paris handled, once more, a record number of 86.4 million passengers. As in 2006, passenger traffic remained robust with a 4.7% growth over twelve months.
It represents a 5.4% increase for Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport to nearly 60 million passengers and a 3.2% increase for Paris-Orly airport to 26.4 million passengers. The different labour disputes in the air transport sector impacted the 2007 traffic growth by an estimated 25 basis point (two
thirds of which being linked to the events of October and one third to those of December).
These results place Aéroports de Paris for the 4th consecutive year ahead of the three main European airports in terms of growth.

[...]
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/Adp/R...ficfigures.pdf
Old February 18th, 2008, 05:23 PM   #30
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseCarver View Post
Is there any current pictures of the "Terminal E" ??
Because if its opening is planned for soon then it must be almost finished ?!??
Two photos taken last saturday from the taxi station on the roof of the train station.

Old February 18th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #31
hoosier

Likes (Received): 58

Paris has the best airports in Europe. It has not one, but TWO 3+ runway airports that handle international flights.

CDG could use a facelift in some of its terminals. I have been to Terminal one (2002) and it was a bit run down.
hoosier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 08:47 PM   #32
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

CDG1 is under renovation (The renovated parts look a lot better now); I hope terminals 2A and 2B (built in 1982) will be facelifted as well.
Old February 19th, 2008, 02:16 PM   #33
ddes

Likes (Received): 928

May I know what's the status of Terminal 2G?
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM   #34
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

What do you mean?
Old February 20th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #35
ddes

Likes (Received): 928

Is it built yet? If not, when is construction beginning?
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 08:10 PM   #36
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

It's still under construction, it will enter service in september 2008.
Old February 20th, 2008, 08:19 PM   #37
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

Quote:
AIRAPOLIS is a business and conference centre in Roissy-en-France. Roissy Porte de France is backing the planned construction of a business and conference centre to include an exhibition hall, a conference and seminar venue, 2-star and 4-star hotels (with a total of some 1000 rooms) and show-rooms for personal and household goods professionals. The planned location of this centre is the Le Chesneau area of Roissy-en-France, on some 12 hectares of land currently used by the public works contractor COSSON. The development company behind this project has already completed the hotel area of Roissy-en-France, which has 4200 rooms to date. A promise to sell was signed in early October 2006.
Old February 20th, 2008, 08:59 PM   #38
edubejar

Likes (Received): 30

Can one visit Satelitte 3 while flying to/from another termainal, or do you need a boarding pass that shows to security you are flying from one of its gates? I will be flying into 2A and out of 2F so I'm wondering if I can take a peak at S3. S3 is all complete by now, right? Or is only half of it still operational???
edubejar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:23 PM   #39
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

The S3 must be fully operational now, but I don't know if the connection with the terminal 2F is already open. Anyway, I guess you have to proceed boarding from one of its gates to be allowed to visit it.
Old February 29th, 2008, 07:16 PM   #40
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

A photo of the interior of the rebuilded terminal 2E, in Le Figaro:

For french-speakers :
http://www.lefigaro.fr/societes-fran...erminal-e-.php

Tags
airports, cdg, european hub airport, paris, paris transport