daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 5th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #161
flapane

Likes (Received): 2149

ORY shots from this morning

RAM

TO

U2

HOP and Corsairfly

Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #162
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapane View Post
Thanks. Eventually we decided to book a taxi. Using G7 Taxi app it was as easy as a pie, and you see the taxi coming to your location on GMaps in real time. The cost (plus night fare) was 30eur from Montparnasse, which is closer to ORY then the inner arrondissements.
Good! ORY needs to be improved significantly IMO, there is no direct train connexion between Paris and the airport, and the airport itself looks really old.
Eventually, the line 14 in Paris should reach Orly but that's not the priority.
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #163
flapane

Likes (Received): 2149

I definitely agree. Something could be done in terms of food selection, too.
Just as a sidenote, after I landed I took the bus no.285 from South Terminal to the M7 subway stop. There were no tourists at the bus stop (the furthest one from the terminal) and on board, maybe because it's somewhat "hidden". It did the trick, tho.
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #164
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

ADP has always invested a lot in CDG but considered ORY as a leisure airport and let it getting old and ugly. That's a shame, in terms of destinations, ORY is really impressing, and being much more smaller than CDG, both on the tarmac and in the airport, a lot of businessmen would actually pick ORY as an easier option.
About the bus, I think most of the tourists use the OrlyBus, a direct bus to Denfert-Rochereau station in Paris. I would personally always take this one.
Old June 20th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #165
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2246

Roissy terminal 1 satellite 5 renovation achieved:

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/R...0cde8-sat5.pdf
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #166
Rayancito
Spanish Muslim

Likes (Received): 1143

Just today french rating has been downgraded, besides economic stagnation is a fact, it is very hard for me to understand why france may need a new capacity of 30 million PAX, while at the same it is building 4 new high speed lines that compete with the plane for internal traffic.

Just look what is happening with Madrid airport, and think about future perspectives with the baby boom generation starting to take retirement in about ten years time, which will increase a lot the spending in social matters. I can understand revamping of old terminals, but adding mayor capacity is a suicide.
Rayancito no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:05 AM   #167
rodrigossa
Sócio Esporte Clube BAHÊA

Likes (Received): 3503

A new video i made a couple weeks ago at Orly ORY observation deck, this airport is definitely a home for low cost carriers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCoA9...=TLXeOu44CyyLE

I hope you enjoy.

Last edited by rodrigossa; July 23rd, 2013 at 01:46 AM.
rodrigossa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #168
Bren

Likes (Received): 17198

Aéroports de Paris is transforming, modernizing and expanding Orly ORY airport as shown below.

kony liked this post
Bren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #169
Bren

Aéroports de Paris presents its museum gallery at Roissy CDG airport, terminal 2E.

Old July 26th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #170
Bren

Aéroports de Paris presents the last Parisian shopping experience at Roissy CDG airport, terminal 2E.

kony liked this post
Old July 27th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #171
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2246

Inside terminal 1

Old July 30th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #172
rodrigossa
Sócio Esporte Clube BAHÊA

Likes (Received): 3503

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigossa View Post
A new video i made a couple weeks ago at Orly ORY observation deck, this airport is definitely a home for low cost carriers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCoA9...=TLXeOu44CyyLE

I hope you enjoy.
Another vídeo and the same one in an easyer way to see it:

Merci
Old October 17th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #173
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

Likes (Received): 124

The local :
Quote:
Paris airport gets new €355m shopping complex

Ben McPartland | 17 Oct 2013, 15:09

Aeroville, a brand new mega shopping centre at Charles de Gaulle airport opened its doors for the first time on Thursday. It took eight years and €355 million to build - and the good news is it's open on Sundays.

If you are not happy with the quality of duty free shopping at Charles de Gaulle airport, you now have a brand spanking new alternative place to pick up last minute presents for family and friends before you fly off from Paris. Although you'll have to get the airport a little earlier of course.

[...]
http://m.thelocal.fr/20131017/new-35...-paris-airport

A video in French :
[dailymotion]x161129_aeroville-ouvre-jeudi-a-roissy_news?start=62[/dailymotion]

Bren liked this post
Alvar Lavague no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #174
Bren

Superb CDG time-lapse movie.

Old January 16th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #175
Bren

2013 figures

CDG: 62.0 millions (+0.7%)
ORY: 28.3 millions (+3.8%)

CDG+ORY: 90.3 millions (+1.7%)

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/R...cembre2013.pdf
Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:53 AM   #176
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

Likes (Received): 4832

Originally posted by 'Swapbeck'

India's premier full-service carrier, Jet Airways (9W) to commence daily operations to CDG from Bombay (BOM) in May 2014

Quote:
Indian carrier Jet Airways is to introduce a direct service between Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport and Charles de Gaulle Airport in the French capital, Paris. The new daily link will be launched from May 14, 2014, subject to regulatory approvals, and will be operated using an Airbus A330-200 widebody configured with 18 Premiere and 236 Economy seats.

The announcement of this new route marks the return of an Indian carrier on a city pair currently exclusively served by Air France. Air India had previously regularly served the Mumbai – Paris market but suspended its flights in October 2008, leaving the French national carrier with a monopoly. It now offers a daily Airbus A330-200 rotation in this market but had previously ustilised larger A340 and Boeing 747 and 777 equipment in the past.

The addition of the French link will expand the Jet Airways international network to 21 destinations and alongside point-to-point demand will provide a key gateway point for travel to several destinations across Europe via the Indian carrier’s codeshare and interline partners. The return departure from Paris to Mumbai will be the only evening departure from Continental Europe to the Indian city and will connect onwards to SAARC destinations including Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu.

“Jet Airways is delighted to launch its maiden service to Paris, one of the world’s top destinations and a key gateway point for airline guests traveling travelling between India and France,” said Gaurang Shetty, vice president commercial, Jet Airways. “By offering enhanced connections to several European cities from Paris with our code share partners, we are confident that this new flight would prove immensely popular with our guests.”

A further 15,000 seats will be introduced into the India – France market a month through the new link and will add to the existing flights of Air France between Paris and Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai and by Air India between Paris and Delhi. According to MIDT data, an estimated 587,000 bi-directional O&D passengers flew between the two countries in the year ending November 2013, down 4.8 per cent on the previous 12 month period. The Mumbai – Paris route accounted for 14.3 per cent of this O&D demand in the last 12 months.

In the table below we highlight the largest operators in the India – France market in the year ending November 2013 and compare with the previous 12 month period. As expected Air France dominates this market with a 23.4 per cent share of the O&D demand. Interestingly, Jet Airways already holds a 2.2 per cent share of the traffic through its existing codeshare and interline arrangements, albeit down 1.3 percentage points on the previous 12 months. It is the Gulf hub carriers that are enhancing their presence in this market, especially Etihad Airways who increased its O&D traffic by 57.9 per cent in the analysis period and Emirates Airline which boosted its share of the traffic 2.3 percentage points.
For stats between india and france pls click on the link below -
http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/...-a-paris-link/
KB335ci2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2014, 07:35 PM   #177
Sesto Elemento
Rêver plus haut !

Likes (Received): 7450

By Brisavoine on SSP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Brisavoine View Post
Excellent aviation news for Paris. According to the airport figures I've checked, it looks like the Paris metro area has risen to 4th place in the world in terms of air passenger traffic in 2013!!

In 2013, the three commercial airports of Paris (CDG, Orly, and Beauvais) had a total traffic of 94,517,000 passengers. This is up +1.95% compared to 2012.

In 2012, Paris was the 5th busiest air hub in the world just behind Atlanta, and with Beijing hot on its heels.

In 2013, air passenger growth in Beijing decreased considerably (only +2.2% for Beijing's main international airport). We don't have the results of the much smaller Beijing Nanyuan airport yet, but both airports should have had less than 90 million passengers combined in 2013.

As for Atlanta, we don't have the December traffic figures yet, but the 11 first months of 2013 have shown passenger traffic declining by 1.7% at Atlanta Airport. In order for Atlanta to have more passengers than the 94,517,000 of Paris, Atlanta needs to have had an exceptionally good month of December. In December 2012, Atlanta had 7,453,000 passengers. If Atlanta managed to keep the same number of passengers in December 2013 (which would run counter to the general declining trend of Atlanta in 2013), then Atlanta would have had 94,028,000 passengers in 2013, which is less than Paris. In order to beat Paris, Atlanta would need to have had a passenger increase of +6.6% in December 2013 compared to December 2012. In November 2013, passenger traffic at Atlanta Airport was down -5.2% compared to November 2013.

So in all likelihood, Paris passed Atlanta in 2013 and is now the 4th busiest air hub in the world behind London, New York, and Tokyo.

Conduisez le mouvement, n'attendez rien.

Iggis liked this post
Sesto Elemento no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:02 AM   #178
ro1960

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvar Lavague View Post
A interesting PDF (in French) about the development of CDG and Orly:

Terminal 1's satellites will be renovated by 2014 (satellites 6 and 1 have already been renovated in 2008 and 2009).
Interesting fact: the document states that the future of T1's satellites will be decided in 2015. Does that mean they could be demolished and make room for another boarding facility?
ro1960 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 03:06 PM   #179
mramelet

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayancito View Post
Just today french rating has been downgraded, besides economic stagnation is a fact, it is very hard for me to understand why france may need a new capacity of 30 million PAX, while at the same it is building 4 new high speed lines that compete with the plane for internal traffic.

Just look what is happening with Madrid airport, and think about future perspectives with the baby boom generation starting to take retirement in about ten years time, which will increase a lot the spending in social matters. I can understand revamping of old terminals, but adding mayor capacity is a suicide.
Do not compare France and Spain or Paris with Madrid.
France may not be in its best shape, but it remains one of the strongest countries in the world.
Paris in particular is a very strong economy center in the world, one could even say one of the 4 major cities with London, New York and Tokyo.
And yes, emerging economies is the place where the growth will be, but that will also lead to more air travel to a major touristic and economic destination as Paris.
There won't be a massive increase on national pax, but international, yes, it's still increasing 2-3% a year, and will continue doing so for a while!
mramelet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 08:44 PM   #180
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

Likes (Received): 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1960 View Post
Interesting fact: the document states that the future of T1's satellites will be decided in 2015. Does that mean they could be demolished and make room for another boarding facility?
Perhaps. They also can be connected together to form crescent shaped satellites.

Tags
airports, cdg, european hub airport, paris, paris transport