daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Iran > Construction & Development Issues > National Infrastructure and Economy

Old September 11th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #1
Amirex111

Likes (Received): 23

Iran's first Tablet PC

I think this interesting enough to warrant its own Thread, otherwise feel free to merge it with my normal thread.

Last month, there was an introduction of Iran's first Mobile Tablet PC at a Mobile convention. It apprently got very little coverage and so I have now written an article and placed pictures about it:

http://therealamirtaheri.blogspot.co...tablet-pc.html

Feel free to discuss this as I think it is an interesting development as prices increase and it offers an Iranian answer to a product that is only going to increase in need.
Amirex111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 12th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #2
SoroushPersepolisi

Likes (Received): 1569

well i mean its great, but can we make sure it doesnt have chinese bases? if not then amazing, they should take this dimo brand and later make phones , mp3 players, laptops and computers and tvs etc

torokhoda chini nabashe lol

[/URL]
SoroushPersepolisi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #3
SinaK

Likes (Received): 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoroushPersepolisi View Post
well i mean its great, but can we make sure it doesnt have chinese bases? if not then amazing, they should take this dimo brand and later make phones , mp3 players, laptops and computers and tvs etc

torokhoda chini nabashe lol
Pretty much all smartphones, tablets and electronic gadgets of this type use pretty much the same "base", all the different components of the phones/tablets are mass produced in china, the software is just android which is open source and free to use by google and anyone can modify it slightly to their needs.

So all Arvand has done has packaged together already existing compenents... they haven't made the technology from scratch. I think they also modified the andriod software a bit (made it more persian friendly).

So i'll show through the specs:
The 9.7-inch version is called Dimo 900 and has the following statisics:
- Android 4V operating system -> this is open source from google, you basically download from internet and install it on the device for free. if you want you can modify it a bit. e.g Samsung Galaxy S3 uses this, but they've modified it a bit, they call the modifications "Touchwiz".
- 1GHz - Cortex A8 -> this is a mass produced CPU by "ARM" company. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_Cortex-A8 For example, the Apple iPhone 4 uses this CPU.
- Touchscreen 4:3 -> doesn't say which screen it is , but this is just one of the many mass produced screen you can order from factory in china
- 8GB internal space and able to be increaseed to 32 -> solid state drives mass produced and be ordered from factory in china
- WIFI/HDMI/USB -> almost every smartphone/tablet/computer uses the same chips for these, made by only a handful of companies.

Arvand, like many of the other companies that make tablets, just orders these parts and packages it.

Still its not bad... i guess it could be "cool" to have an "iranian packaged" tablet.

The same is true for laptops and comptuers, the vast majority of laptop/desktop computers are intel cpus (some are AMD), intel/amd creates a specification for what the motherboard needs to be like to fit the CPU and a small selection of companies produce the motherboard to that specfication (Asus, gigabyte, MSI etc...). The same is true for most of the other parts in a computer. The only thing that is different is how its packaged and how it looks on the outside (e.g the casing), but even then all of them are really similar with only small differences.

lol, sorry for long reply just wanted to explain why its not really a bad thing if its a "chinese base", its just how electronics is. Not many companies actually design and develop the technology.

It's still very important job for the company to make a well designed/packaged phone.

What Arvand can probably do mainly is maybe they can modify the android software and create something that really fits into with iranian users, im not sure what but maybe they can add some software features that really would help for iranians.
For their future products, they could also try and improve the packaging of the compenents, maybe they can make a better design e.g thinner or bigger battery or also try and get the GPS and bluetooth components fitted into the design and working :P Obviously, for their first products, they won't have much experience etc... but they can get better

Last edited by SinaK; September 12th, 2012 at 11:29 AM.
SinaK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #4
Amirex111

Yes exactly it uses Chinese products like already said. They do manufacture some parts local and assemble the rest in Iran. But still great!
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #5
SinaK

Likes (Received): 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirex111 View Post
Yes exactly it uses Chinese products like already said. They do manufacture some parts local and assemble the rest in Iran. But still great!
Yeah, if lots of people support them because its iranian company and buy their products, then they can get better and better. Even if right now its not as good as e.g the samsung one, with enough support, in future products they can get pretty close feature wise! (some things would be too hard to compete, e.g the thinness, or best screen technology but not fair because samsung,apple are huge companies so you cant compare). But as i said most of the technology is the same so its possible!

Also, because its iranian company, this means they can concentrate the software modifications to suit iranians. Maybe they could code something interesting that would be specific just for iranians and then it would be a special phone on the market, because e.g the samsung phone wouldnt have it!

Last edited by SinaK; September 12th, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
SinaK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #6
Amirex111

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaK View Post
Yeah, if lots of people support them because its iranian company and buy their products, then they can get better and better. Even if right now its not as good as e.g the samsung one, with enough support, in future products they can get pretty close feature wise! (some things would be too hard to compete, e.g the thinness, or best screen technology but not fair because samsung,apple are huge companies so you cant compare). But as i said most of the technology is the same so its possible!

Also, because its iranian company, this means they can concentrate the software modifications to suit iranians. Maybe they could code something interesting that would be specific just for iranians and then it would be a special phone on the market, because e.g the samsung phone wouldnt have it!
Yes for sure. What I would love to see is more Iranian specific apps that cater to the iranian market. So online sales or using them to pay for tickets and such. We are almost there.
Old September 12th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #7
SoroushPersepolisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaK

Pretty much all smartphones, tablets and electronic gadgets of this type use pretty much the same "base", all the different components of the phones/tablets are mass produced in china, the software is just android which is open source and free to use by google and anyone can modify it slightly to their needs.

So all Arvand has done has packaged together already existing compenents... they haven't made the technology from scratch. I think they also modified the andriod software a bit (made it more persian friendly).

So i'll show through the specs:
The 9.7-inch version is called Dimo 900 and has the following statisics:
- Android 4V operating system -> this is open source from google, you basically download from internet and install it on the device for free. if you want you can modify it a bit. e.g Samsung Galaxy S3 uses this, but they've modified it a bit, they call the modifications "Touchwiz".
- 1GHz - Cortex A8 -> this is a mass produced CPU by "ARM" company. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_Cortex-A8 For example, the Apple iPhone 4 uses this CPU.
- Touchscreen 4:3 -> doesn't say which screen it is , but this is just one of the many mass produced screen you can order from factory in china
- 8GB internal space and able to be increaseed to 32 -> solid state drives mass produced and be ordered from factory in china
- WIFI/HDMI/USB -> almost every smartphone/tablet/computer uses the same chips for these, made by only a handful of companies.

Arvand, like many of the other companies that make tablets, just orders these parts and packages it.

Still its not bad... i guess it could be "cool" to have an "iranian packaged" tablet.

The same is true for laptops and comptuers, the vast majority of laptop/desktop computers are intel cpus (some are AMD), intel/amd creates a specification for what the motherboard needs to be like to fit the CPU and a small selection of companies produce the motherboard to that specfication (Asus, gigabyte, MSI etc...). The same is true for most of the other parts in a computer. The only thing that is different is how its packaged and how it looks on the outside (e.g the casing), but even then all of them are really similar with only small differences.

lol, sorry for long reply just wanted to explain why its not really a bad thing if its a "chinese base", its just how electronics is. Not many companies actually design and develop the technology.

It's still very important job for the company to make a well designed/packaged phone.

What Arvand can probably do mainly is maybe they can modify the android software and create something that really fits into with iranian users, im not sure what but maybe they can add some software features that really would help for iranians.
For their future products, they could also try and improve the packaging of the compenents, maybe they can make a better design e.g thinner or bigger battery or also try and get the GPS and bluetooth components fitted into the design and working :P Obviously, for their first products, they won't have much experience etc... but they can get better
yes ofcourse but i hope the majority of the parts are iranian made, i dont want iran to just be the assembly line
it seems that many of the parts are designed and made in iran (ofcourse off global blueprints), which is good
unlike the glx phone, which was a chinese company which iran only assembled , this seems to be more "iran made"

[/URL]
Old September 12th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #8
Amirex111

Also with 283 people working for them that is really good. I read further they are setting up national distribution systems and a 24h call center. Also really interesting is that GLX will come out with their version to compete.
Old September 12th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #9
KalePache
TEHRAN * IRAN

Likes (Received): 0

Fanstastic stuff, they just need to effeciently market this product now.
KalePache no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #10
Big Abdul
Spatial Arts in Tehran!

Likes (Received): 46

I'm dubious, but then again I am still using Nokia.
Big Abdul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #11
urbastar

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalePache View Post
Fanstastic stuff, they just need to effeciently market this product now.
If one day they can f*** apple I will be happy. but now go samsung!
urbastar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #12
Amirex111

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbastar View Post
If one day they can f*** apple I will be happy. but now go samsung!
well they are never going to be successful if we dont support them and buy their products! I will look into buying one at the next opportunity.
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #13
SoroushPersepolisi

is arvand looking to make a new mobile phone? (i want an iranian iphone/samsung galaxy )

[/URL]
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #14
Amirex111

Quote:
is arvand looking to make a new mobile phone? (i want an iranian iphone/samsung galaxy )
well they already have a smart phone on their website check it out. Dimoiran.ir and also they will come out with a smaller tablet the size of a mobile for around 200 toman so there you go
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #15
SoroushPersepolisi

thanks ! heres to phone! its called dimo "abshar" , much better than the glx imo and seems to be more unique
it says the market price is around 110000 toman, pretty good
it can only get better

although many claim that it is an originally chinese product, and that the parts are montaged in iran, according to some, there are chinese wifi names (from previous users) of the tablets that contain chinese network names

سلام
شرکتی به نام «ارتباطات ایرانیان اروند» ادعا می کند که این تبلتی ایرانی است و در ایران مونتاژ می شود. در واقع از قول مدیرعامل این شرکت نقل شده که «قطعات مختلف تبلت دیمو به سفارش شرکت ایرانیان ارتباط توسط شرکت های خارجی تهیه می شود و سایر امور از قبیل مونتاژ قطعات روی بردهای الکترونیکی، تزریق و غیره در کارخانه انجام می شود.» و این شرکت، دیمو را نخستین تبلت تولیدشده در خاورمیانه معرفی کرده است.
اما به نظر می رسد این تبلت دارای خواهری چینی است. حتما می دانید در سیستم عامل اندروید اگر به یک شبکه وای-فای متصل شوید، نام و مشخصات شبکه متصل شده، در سیستم عامل ذخیره می شود و تبلت بعدا از این اطلاعات، جهت اتصال مجدد به شبکه وای-فای استفاده می کند.
جالب اینجا است که روی تبلتی که در اختیار نارنجی قرار گرفته بود نیز چنین لیستی وجود داشت و یک شبکه وای-فای به نام LingYun را روی آن دیدیم که شبیه به یک اسم چینی بود

take a look at this
http://narenji.ir/5336-%D8%A8%D8%B1%...9%85%D9%88-700

[/URL]
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #16
SoroushPersepolisi

however, once again we find out its a chinese replique,

http://micdigi.com/2012/04/7-inch-a1...tra-thin-body/

[/URL]
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #17
SoroushPersepolisi

lol if u read all the reviews of the tablet, everyones like "joone ma chand darsadesh iraniye? az kodum sherkate chini kharidanesh?"

haha, for now we shouldnt be optimistic about such things, i got excited but realized that its just a chinese copy

[/URL]
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #18
SoroushPersepolisi

btw lets make a thread for electronics, what u guys say? then put all of these things there

[/URL]
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #19
Amirex111

Quote:
btw lets make a thread for electronics, what u guys say? then put all of these things there
Thanks soroush jan!

I dont think it takes away that it is based on a chinese brand. I will still buy one to support the company and hope for future iranian brands.

Good idea with an electro page. You guys can change the name of this page if u like!
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #20
SoroushPersepolisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirex111 View Post
Thanks soroush jan!

I dont think it takes away that it is based on a chinese brand. I will still buy one to support the company and hope for future iranian brands.

Good idea with an electro page. You guys can change the name of this page if u like!
be omide khoda, i hope the companies actually invest on designing their own models (phones, laptops, pc, tablets etc)

and surely, if possible, can the mods change the thread title?

[/URL]