daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 13th, 2017, 11:23 AM   #201
Gustavo Lobo

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
After long days waiting, line 4 at last opened. Like line 1, it is also fully underground (except a small bridge. It is quite different from other lines because there are only 6 stations, and the average distance between them are more than 2 Kms, which is quite uncommon for a typical metro line. Especially the western part is more remote. I think most Summer Olympic 2016 venues were on line 4, so this is not a residential area it served.

Wherever I see the metro system in this city, it looks much similar with my city Kolkata, although Rio de Janeiro has already three routes, and Kolkata has just one. Especially the third rail system applies in both cities. It currently has 3 lines. Line 1, 2, & 4— is completely underground. I personally like line 2 much because it is almost entirely elevated, and we can have a birds eye view of Rio de Janeiro from this line. It was originally a light rail line, but later it was converted to metro line. It was an unique conversion because no any metro line in South America was converted in such way.

After reading many websites I’ve recently saw some matters, which arise some questions and curiosity. Here I’m writing.

1) It is clear that unofficially line 4 is an extension of line 1 towards west. So why they have not continued it as line 1? Line 1 ends and line 4 starts both from General Osorio, so they could simply continued that. Beside this, rolling stocks are also same. But still. the connection between line 4 and line 1 at General Osório involves a lengthy walk, a long escalator ride and passage through turnstiles (no ticket required). Why they have differentiate those?

2) I heard a branch towards Gavea is under construction. When it will be opened for public?

3) Why there is no line 3? Could anyone explain about line 3?
2) There is no date to finish the construction. Due to state government financial problems.

3) Line 3 is a old planned line on the other side of the Guanabara bay. It is not been constructed now but th3 names of the lines do not reflect a order of implantation.
Gustavo Lobo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2017, 12:30 PM   #202
Nighto

Likes (Received): 5508

Quote:
After long days waiting, line 4 at last opened. Like line 1, it is also fully underground (except a small bridge. It is quite different from other lines because there are only 6 stations, and the average distance between them are more than 2 Kms, which is quite uncommon for a typical metro line. Especially the western part is more remote. I think most Summer Olympic 2016 venues were on line 4, so this is not a residential area it served.

Wherever I see the metro system in this city, it looks much similar with my city Kolkata, although Rio de Janeiro has already three routes, and Kolkata has just one. Especially the third rail system applies in both cities. It currently has 3 lines. Line 1, 2, & 4— is completely underground. I personally like line 2 much because it is almost entirely elevated, and we can have a birds eye view of Rio de Janeiro from this line. It was originally a light rail line, but later it was converted to metro line. It was an unique conversion because no any metro line in South America was converted in such way.

After reading many websites I’ve recently saw some matters, which arise some questions and curiosity. Here I’m writing.

1) It is clear that unofficially line 4 is an extension of line 1 towards west. So why they have not continued it as line 1? Line 1 ends and line 4 starts both from General Osorio, so they could simply continued that. Beside this, rolling stocks are also same. But still. the connection between line 4 and line 1 at General Osório involves a lengthy walk, a long escalator ride and passage through turnstiles (no ticket required). Why they have differentiate those?

2) I heard a branch towards Gavea is under construction. When it will be opened for public?

Hello Ashis,

1) That's a very good question. Goverment don't say this publicly, but it is a fact known by SSCers and railfans in general that General Osório "1" (the original station, on Line 1) was built in a wrong position. Basicly, in the position it was build, in order to continue building Line 1 to Nossa Senhora da Paz (next station) they'd have to demolish three upper-class residential buildings, which would cost more than building another station. So they've built another station, parallel and more underground.

You are correct when you say it is pretty much the same line. In the near future (first semester 2017) Line 1 and Line 4 will be merged - there is already a path between Cantagalo station and new General Osório (or simply General Osório "2") station, in which rolling cars were injected. Nowadays it is not operational, but in the future trains will go all the way between Uruguai and Jardim Oceânico station. And Line 2 trips, which end in Botafogo station during the week, will finish in the old General Osório station. And "Line 4" will only be the branch reaching Gávea station.

2) The current expected date is until the end of 2018, but I doubt that it will be finished because state is broken.

3) There were many projects for Rio de Janeiro subway during the years. The most recent, from the mid-90s, is this one:

As you can see, Line 1 would be a circular line, some of the stations in the dashed part were built (Siqueira Campos - Cantagalo - General Osório) but there were no more money to build anything else.

Line 2 (the original one, without sharing tracks with Line 1, what can be seen today on the weekends, Pavuna - Estácio) would have an extension after Estácio station (Estácio - Catumbi - Cruz Vermelha - Carioca). This is the reason why Carioca station is so big (don't know if you visited): the station was planned, and built, to be the final station for Line 2, which is the busiest in peak hours (it is very pendular). Estácio would be a transfer station to go to Line 1 north stations, and Carioca to be the destination for downtown area and transfer station to go to Line 1 south stations.

Line 2, before being built as a light rail system, used to be an old railroad until the 60s, known as "Estrada de Ferro Rio do Ouro" (roughly "Golden River Railroad"). This was the same of Line 3, which used to run as a very old, precarious railroad (one or two trips per day, on a single, rusty track). You can see how it looked like 8 years ago:

Unfortunately, people on this area of the metro hadn't had the same luck of those who live nearby Line 2. Sadly, line was finally deactivated and there are no trains running east of the bay.

Line 4, in this original plan, would start in Alvorada station (the one most to the west), pass on Jardim Oceânico, and go to downtown area passing on Gávea station.

Line 5 and 6 were never really considered in my opinion, but part of former Line 5 plan is nowadays VLT (tramway) and most of Line 6 is nowadays BRT Transcarioca.

Still following? In 1998, there was a bidding for Line 4 construction. The works never really started, but the plan changed to this:

This final Morro São João station, between Botafogo and Cardeal Arcoverde, was excavated but never built. It can be seen on this video, recorded by myself:

Line 1 was slowly expanded one station per government (1998 Cardeal Arcoverde, 2002 Siqueira Campos, 2006 Cantagalo, 2010 General Osório). In 2011, when city was chosen to host 2016 Olympics Games, the money influx was the perfect opportunity to properly expand the subway. The stations would be built in the west part of the city, so it was the perfect excluse to build the Line 4. But there was no money to build it all the way to downtown, or even to Morro São João. So the solution was to build the cheapest option: connect it to the tip of what was already built.

[]s
Old February 13th, 2017, 01:05 PM   #203
Nighto

Quote:
After reading many websites I’ve recently saw some matters, which arise some questions and curiosity. I’m asking these because I want to compare the Rio De Janeiro Metro with my city’s Kolkata Metro. Although Rio de Janeiro metro stations are much beautiful than Kolkata metro stations. Here I’m writing—

1) I heard The 22 km Line 3 will be privately financed and run from Carioca station on Line 1 to Niteroi and São Gonçalo, including an underwater tunnel under Guanabara Bay. I think it will be most expensive metro route because it will run under water. What does it mean—will under the water level but above the creek bed, or under the creek bed? What will be the stations? Has the construction started? When will it be opened for commercial service? Please write some details and also post a graphical map of the extended route.
1) I'd love to see Line 3 being built only with private money, but there is absolutely no way of this happening soon. It could be built on a PPP regime (public-private partnership), with some influx of money by the government... but the government has no such money.

There is no technical plan for it yet, so whether it would be under the course of water, over the course of water, they have no idea. What is known is that, if built, it would start only until Arariboia, then travelling east by ferry. Then only later build the bay track. But everything can change.

Quote:
2) I saw some stations has both side platform and both platforms are used. Are both platforms used for getting in and getting out? Or one for getting in and another for getting out?
2) Some stations have center island (for instance, Central or Cinelândia), most stations have two side platforms (for instance, Uruguaiana), some have center and side platforms (for instance, Carioca and Estácio). In those, tipically the center platform is used to enter and the sides platforms are used to leave trains.

Quote:
3) Why they have made separate platforms for line 1 and line 4 in General Osorio, when line 1 is looking as an western extension of line 4? Why they have not continued it as line 1?
3) Replied on previous message.

Quote:
4) Is there any system for baggage checking when entering in the station area or platform area?
4) No, you are allowed to carry reasonable sized packages. You can carry handbags on carry-on bags with no problems, but don't expect to carry a refrigerator for instance. I tried to find on the website a specific rule (objects up to XXX cm) but couldn't find it.

Also, on weekdays after 9pm, and on the weekends it is allowed to enter with bicycles. On the weekdays it is also allowed to carry (covered) surf boards.

More details in english here: https://www.metrorio.com.br/VadeMetr...io?p_interna=6

Quote:
5) What kind of ticket they uses—RFID token or magnetic paper ticket?
5) There are two tickets accepted: MetrôRio ticket (single tickets or pay as you go tickets) and RioCard/Bilhete Único ticket, issued by bus federation which is accepted in all transports in Rio, including the subway. They are both RFID-based.

They look like this:

and

MetrôRio cards are only accepted on MetrôRio stations (and extension buses called "Metrô na Superfície"). Similarly, the other rail company, SuperVia, has cards that are only accepted on SuperVia stations. The best option would be RioCard/Bilhete Único. However, for political reasons, not all subway stations have ATMs to top-up these cards. Because of that, many people use MetrôRio cards on a daily basis.

On the past there used to be magnetic paper tickets, but they're not used anymore.

Quote:
6) Is drinking water available in station area?
6) In a couple of stations only. On Cidade Nova, for instance, you can find drinking water for free. The same for restrooms: not all stations have one. In many stations you can find a vending machine to buy water, soda and light snacks, for prices that tipically range R$ 2 and R$ 5.

Quote:
7) Are there any display board in platform about next train? If yes, what kind of it—dot matrix or LED?
7) Only in Line 1 stations, and a couple of Line 2 stations (Pavuna, for instance). They are regular LED TVs.

Quote:
8) Do they play light music in background at station platform?
8) Yes. In the past, it used to be classical music. Now it is a sound branding, not always present but sometimes played. Sometimes is this light music, sometimes it is just birds sounds. I think it is kind of annoying, and preferred classical music.

If you have curiosity about the sound branding, it was made by a company called Zanna Sound. You can find some videos on YouTube (most in portuguese I believe).

Quote:
9) Do all stations has side platforms? Or they have some island platforms?
9) No, as I mentioned some have island platforms, some have side and some have both.

Quote:
10) Is there any special seats for children, ladies, senior citizens and handicapped persons in both platform and inside the metro cars?
10) Yes. On every car there are seats marked for disabled, seniors, pregnant women and people with small children. Also, during peak hours (monday-friday, 6am-9am, 5pm-8pm) a car (out of six) is reserved for women. The same happens in SuperVia, because of a state law.

Quote:
11) Is there any entertainment television in platform?
11) In some stations (basically most of Line 1) they have TVs. The TVs are usually on a pair: one shows entertaining/ads and another shows next departure. The trains also have TVs for news/ads.

Quote:
12) Is photography allowed inside station premises?
12) Officially no. Tipically, you wouldn't have a problem on Line 1 and 2, except if you're using a DSLR. On Line 4, I was approached by guards when shooting with my cellphone.

Quote:
13) What kind of fare it is used for, single, return and multiple journey tickets?
13) As I've mentioned briefly above, there are two tickets, MetrôRio and RioCard/Bilhete Único. MetrôRio issues single tickets (R$ 4,10), and has a prepaid card, which can be bought by R$ 5 and topped up with whatever amount on ATMs and with attendants.

RioCard/Bilhete Único are not issued on subway ATMs, which can be used only to topup. The ATMs and different: MetrôRio ATMs don't recognize RioCard/Bilhete Único cards and vice-versa.

This is how a MetrôRio ATM looks like:

And a RioCard/Bilhete Único:

Also the card readers on the turnstile are different, which is always a source of confusion for tourists and people not used to take the subway everyday.

The one on the top is the RioCard/Bilhete Único card reader, the one in the bottom is the MetrôRio card reader. Notice it has a reader and a slot; the single ticket (white card) must be inserted on the slot, and the top-up one just approached on the reader (blue card).

Newer turnstiles have a different reader (notice on the left), that read only RioCard/Bilhete Único cards. So there turnstiles that take one card, others that take the other one, and others that take both. Yeah, it is very confusing.

Quote:
14) Are the metro cars air-conditioned?
14) Yes, all of them. The old stock (Mafersa/Alstom) has air-conditioning designed to stand the underground, so on Line 2, where the sun heat the rocks on the rail track up to 70C degrees, sometimes it is not enough to refrigerate it properly. The new stock (CNR) was designed to fix this problem and thus has a very strong air-conditing system, with 340.000BTUs per car. Unfortunately, the thermostat is not properly regulated, so now we have the opposite problem: and it can be very cold when the cars are not packed. If you use glasses, there will be condensation when you leave the train. You might want to use a light jacket on those.

If you have other questions, please post here and I'll reply.

Cheers

Last edited by Nighto; February 13th, 2017 at 01:16 PM.
Nighto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 09:48 AM   #204
shiinoliveira

Likes (Received): 2427

Quote:

Just a little correction about line 2: Only Maria da Graça - Triagem, Colégio - Vicente de Carvalho and São Cristóvão - Cidade Nova sections are elevated. It's actually more of a mixed elevated/overground line.

Also, about 'missing lines'... In Rio de Janeiro the network planning prioritized following somewhat rough guidelines established for each line (ex: line 3 is supposed to serve the east side of the metropolitan area, line 2 runs through Zona Norte heading to Baixada Fluminense cities, line 4 links Barra to the City Centre somehow through Zona Sul). A number of subway plans were made over the decades and loudly publicised in printed media (also, all of them were promised to be built), but all of them more or less had this in common. As the news were more like "Line 4 is finally becoming real after 20 years of waiting", there was no need to change its name. Likewise, São Paulo's subway line 5 commenced operations years before line 4.

There is also some controversy regarding whether line 4 or 3 should have been built first. The metropolitan municipality of São Gonçalo, which would be served by line 3, has about 1,05 million citizens while the Barra da Tijuca administrative region holds only 0,3 million inhabitants. If we add the whole population of Rocinha, which is served by São Conrado station, yet we can't reach half of São Gonçalo. Given the fact that line 3's construction has been a campaign promise of the last 3 winning state governor campaigns and line 4 showed up (and materialized itself, even though partially) practically as a result of the realization of the Olympic Games in Rio, some contest the worth of such games' legacy regarding the deep spacial inequality in fast, confortable and reliable public transportation access, especially in the current economic situation (near-bankruptcy) of the state.

Nighto, dimlys1994 liked this post
shiinoliveira no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2017, 10:27 AM   #205
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1138

Just awesome reply my friend. Thanks a lot for your help.

Nighto liked this post
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2017, 07:22 AM   #206
Ashis Mitra

After reading the answers, I think the public transport system in Rio de Janeiro is not so much bright. Like my city Kolkata, it's metro system is not progressing satisfactorily, they have no sufficient money for progress, but despite the future is not bright, presently the system is overall good,

A quistion I have missed -

Is there any such ticket which offer all day unlimited traveling between any stations of any lines?

Last edited by Ashis Mitra; March 1st, 2017 at 07:32 AM.
Old March 1st, 2017, 03:21 PM   #207
shiinoliveira

Quote:
After reading the answers, I think the public transport system in Rio de Janeiro is not so much bright. Like my city Kolkata, it's metro system is not progressing satisfactorily, they have no sufficient money for progress, but despite the future is not bright, presently the system is overall good,

A quistion I have missed -

Is there any such ticket which offer all day unlimited traveling between any stations of any lines?
You mean any bus/metro/suburban rail/tram/ferry? No. Such thing only existed during the olympic games, and it was restricted to the buses/stations located inside Rio de Janeiro city proper. Moreover, it was expensive as hell (to the point of being useless except if you really zigzagged like crazy across the municipality) and mostly aimed at tourists.

Nighto liked this post

Last edited by shiinoliveira; March 1st, 2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 05:59 AM   #208
Ashis Mitra

No I mean only in metro. Unlimited travel between any stations of line 1, 2 & 4, is there any such ticket for a single day unlimited journey in metro routes?
Old March 3rd, 2017, 06:32 AM   #209
shiinoliveira

Quote:
No I mean only in metro. Unlimited travel between any stations of line 1, 2 & 4, is there any such ticket for a single day unlimited journey in metro routes?
No, that also does not exist.

Ashis Mitra liked this post
Old March 3rd, 2017, 12:09 PM   #210
Ashis Mitra

What is the operating hour of metro in weekdays, holidays, Saturdays and Sundays?
What is the frequency of those services?
Old March 3rd, 2017, 07:59 PM   #211
Nighto

You can stay within the subway stations and travel as much as you want, but if you pass the turnstiles, you'd have to pay again.

Frequency is approximately 2 minutes 15 seconds on the shared path of Line 1 and 2 (the Y part), and 4 minutes 30 seconds on the rest on peak hours. On other days it is approximately 5 / 10 minutes.

[]s

shiinoliveira liked this post
Old March 4th, 2017, 12:24 AM   #212
Ashis Mitra

So you mean the metro network is opened for 24 hours?
Old March 4th, 2017, 01:01 AM   #213
Nighto

No. It works monday-saturday 5h-0h, sundays and holidays 7h-23h.

[]s

shiinoliveira, Ashis Mitra liked this post
Old April 17th, 2017, 08:58 PM   #214
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26113

Taken from Brazilian transport thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopc View Post
Rio de Janeiro Metro - Ridership on new Line 4 is 46% below expectations, lack of tariff integration with bus system to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by acpinto View Post
Média de passageiros da linha 4 do metrô é 46% abaixo da esperada
Composições transportam apenas 140 mil passageiros por dia

POR LUIZ ERNESTO MAGALHÃES 16/04/2017 4:30

Passageiro espera o trem da linha 4 na estação Jardim Oceânico, na Barra da Tijuca - Ana Branco / Agência O Globo
PUBLICIDADE

ÚLTIMAS DE RIO

Idosa toma vacina contra a gripe; este ano, campanha começa nesta segunda Foto: Agência O Globo Campanha de vacinação contra a influenza começa nesta segunda 16/04/2017 13:52
Amigos e familiares de Miguel Ayoub Zakhour se emocionam no enterro do garoto Foto: Pablo Jacob / Pablo Jacob 'Queria ter um neto', diz pai no enterro de jovem assinado em Laranjeiras 16/04/2017 12:18
Amigos e familiares de Miguel Ayoub Zakhour se emocionam no enterro do garoto Foto: Pablo Jacob / Pablo Jacob 'Queria ter um neto', diz pai no enterro de jovem assassinado em Laranjeiras 16/04/2017 10:59
Luis Otavio foi baleado em Nova Iguaçu Foto: Reprodução Morre policial baleado em ataque à base da PM na Baixada Fluminense 16/04/2017 9:37

RIO - A diarista Antônia Figueiredo mora em Guaratiba e uma vez por semana precisa ir a Botafogo, para trabalhar. Depois de algumas viagens pela Linha 4, ela desistiu de pegar o metrô até a Zona Sul. Apesar de economizar quase uma hora no deslocamento, preferiu voltar à rotina de embarcar em três ônibus: usa uma linha alimentadora, o BRT Transoeste e um circular. A decisão foi baseada unicamente na questão financeira: embora mais rápida e sem aperto, a viagem de metrô pesa no bolso.

— De ônibus, gasto R$ 7,60 para ir a Botafogo e voltar, pois pago apenas uma passagem com o Bilhete Único. De metrô (considerando a tarifa promocional válida na integração do BRT com a Linha 4 na estação do Jardim Oceânico), desembolso R$ 14. Ou seja, prefiro economizar R$ 6,40 — explica Antônia.

A justificativa da diarista é a mesma de muitos passageiros que, desde a semana passada, aproveitam a gratuidade oferecida pela concessionária do metrô para quem embarcar nas estações da Linha 4, que vai de Ipanema à Barra. A chance de viajar de graça termina hoje.

PROJEÇÃO FICOU LONGE DA REALIDADE

A promoção, lançada sete meses após a abertura da nova linha, é uma estratégia para atrair passageiros, já que as composições têm circulado vazias. Estudos técnicos de demanda contratados pelo governo estadual em 2011 previam que a Linha 4 transportaria cerca de 300 mil usuários por dia no primeiro ano de operação. A realidade, no entanto, está longe da projeção: antes da oferta de viagens gratuitas, a média diária era de 140 mil por dia (46,6% do total esperado).

Vagão com vários assentos desocupados: imagem comum em composições que deixam a estação do Jardim Oceânico. - Ana Branco / Agência O Globo
Agora, a expectativa da Secretaria estadual de Transportes é que o patamar de 300 mil só seja alcançado em três anos. A nova previsão é fechar os 12 primeiros meses de operação com 255 mil usuários por dia, o que significa aumentar em 82% o número de usuários.

Em nota, o órgão admite que os estudos de viabilidade foram desenvolvidos projetando um outro cenário nas demandas por viagens na Linha 4. A secretaria também reconhece que o modelo atual, sem integração, acarreta ineficiência para todo o sistema de transporte público da Barra. Agora, o estado vem revendo todo seu planejamento operacional na região.

O estudo original da Linha 4 traçava um cenário no qual haveria integração tarifária entre diversos modais, e não apenas com o BRT. A expectativa era que 65% dos usuários chegassem ao metrô por meio de outros tipos de transporte. Além disso, o plano inicial não previa, por exemplo, as obras da prefeitura no Elevado do Joá, que ampliaram em 35% (cerca de 40 mil veículos a mais) a capacidade da via, minimizando um dos principais gargalos da ligação da Barra-Zona Sul.

Veja também

Tarifa do metrô vai aumentar a partir do dia 2 de abrilTarifa do metrô subirá para R$ 4,30 a partir de domingo
Linhas 1 e 4 não têm mais baldeação na Estação General Osório, em IpanemaLinha 4 do metrô pode ir para Jacarepaguá em vez do Recreio
Vista aérea da obra da estação da Gávea do MetrôAmpliação da rede de metrô não impede construção da estação da Gávea, diz secretário

Adam Levine, vocalista do Maroon 5: banda é uma das atrações do festival
Metrô funcionará 24 horas durante o Rock in Rio

Também ficou de fora do projeto a implantação, por parte do município, de um sistema de racionalização das linhas de ônibus, iniciado há dois anos e suspenso pelo atual prefeito Marcelo Crivella, para reavaliação.

ESPECIALISTA CRITICA PREFEITURA

A Linha 4, que consumiu mais de R$ 10 bilhões, foi projetada com seis estações. Cinco estão em funcionamento: Jardim Oceânico, São Conrado, Antero de Quental, Jardim de Alah e Nossa Senhora da Paz. A da Gávea continua sem sair do papel (o custo da obra é de cerca de R$ 500 milhões), mas isso não explica a baixa demanda: de acordo com o estudo original da Linha 4, ela é a que teria menor fluxo: 19.100 passageiros a cada dia útil.

PUBLICIDADE

— O cenário mostra que faltou planejamento integrado entre os projetos de mobilidade da prefeitura e do governo do estado. O desafio, agora, é estimular a integração entre os modais. É preciso evitar medidas que estimulem ainda mais o uso de automóveis. No entanto, a prefeitura já anunciou o interesse de fazer parcerias público-privadas para construir grandes garagens subterrâneas — critica engenheiro de transportes e professor da PUC José Eugênio Leal.

O secretário municipal de Transportes, Fernando Mac Dowell, defende a revisão do processo de racionalização das linhas de ônibus e também diz que o caminho certo é o da integração tarifária. Mas ele não dá prazos:

— Nós estamos conversando com o estado. O ideal seria a municipalização do metrô, para inclui-lo numa estratégia de operação com os ônibus. A integração tarifária é possível. Existiu nos primeiros anos do metrô na cidade.

Em nota, a Secretaria estadual de Transportes informa que tem monitorado as operações da Linha 4 e discutido com a concessionária do metrô medidas de integração com os ônibus. “Determinados serviços e linhas deveriam alimentar o sistema de alta capacidade, mas acabam por dividir passageiros”, diz o texto.

No entorno da estação do metrô no Jardim Oceânico, a operação dos demais serviços de transportes parece dar razão ao professor José Eugênio Leal. Para chegar ao terminal de integração pagando a passagem promocional (R$ 7), o passageiro tem como única opção o BRT Transoeste. Caso opte por uma das dezenas de linhas que circulam pela Avenida Armando Lombardi, terá que desembolsar os R$ 3,80 do coletivo mais os R$ 4,30 do metrô.

Não há descontos para quem viaja na Linha 4 e nos ônibus que param no terminal da Avenida Nuta James (em frente ao Condomínio Cascais), construído para operar de forma integrada com o metrô. O local virou apenas uma parada para duas linhas convencionais de ônibus que ligam a Barra até o Centro (concorrendo com o metrô), com itinerários que seguem pelo Alto da Boa Vista e pela Linha Amarela.

Morador do condomínio Alfa Barra, o advogado Josué Camargo é usuário da linha 805 (Alvorada-Jardim Oceânico), que circula pela orla em intervalos de aproximadamente 15 minutos. Ele diz que, de vez em quando, opta pelo ônibus, por ser mais barato.

— Trabalho no Centro. O metrô é mais rápido e confortável, pena que as tarifas sejam diferentes. Quando chega perto do fim do mês, escolho o ônibus para economizar.

ÔNIBUS DE CONDOMÍNIOS SEGUEM CHEIOS

Na Barra, a Linha 4 encontra um outro obstáculo: moradores de condomínios que têm ônibus fretados para o Centro e a Zona Sul não migraram para o metrô. Esses veículos representam uma oferta de dez mil assentos por dia. O presidente da Câmara Comunitária da Barra, Delair Dumbrosck, diz que a mudança só acontecerá se houver uma facilidade maior para o embarque na estação do Jardim Oceânico.

PUBLICIDADE

— Ainda não conseguimos autorização da prefeitura para que os ônibus fretados dos condomínios parem ali perto, no terminal da Avenida Nuta James. Além disso, solicitamos à concessionária que avalie a possibilidade de criar uma linha de “metrô sobre rodas” na região — reclama Dumbrosck.

A concessionária Metrô Rio informa, em nota, que o movimento diário nas estações da Linha 4 chegou a 150 mil passageiros neste período de viagens gratuitas. Além disso, destaca que sempre discute com o estado e a prefeitura novas integrações tarifárias.

A empresa não quis divulgar a quantidade de embarques em cada estação da Linha 4: alegou que se trata de um assunto estratégico. A Metrô Rio informou apenas que 52 mil passageiros passam pelo Jardim Oceânico a cada dia. O estudo de viabilidade indicava um potencial de 91.018 no primeiro ano de operação.

Leia mais sobre esse assunto em http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/media-de...#ixzz4eR3L71kT
© 1996 - 2017. Todos direitos reservados a Infoglobo Comunicação e Participações S.A. Este material não pode ser publicado, transmitido por broadcast, reescrito ou redistribuído sem autorização.

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2017, 01:27 PM   #215
dimlys1994

Quote:
Rio de Janeiro Metro - Line 4 train on bridge to Barra da Tijuca (approaching Jardim Atlantico station)

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

Nighto, Ashis Mitra liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2017, 08:36 AM   #216
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 847

After last year's Olympics, what is the next metro extension that Rio de Janeiro should build?

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.

Last edited by Jim856796; August 23rd, 2017 at 06:18 AM. Reason: redundant use of the word "next".
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2017, 04:37 PM   #217
Nighto

Currently a small branch of Line 4 from Antero de Quental and São Conrado towards Gávea (shaped like a triangle) is being built. Works started before Olympics, but they weren't finished in time (and weren't supposed to anyway).

From there, at some point another line will start from Gávea (or directly from Jardim Oceânico, via São Conrado and Gávea) towards downtown area via original Line 4 proposals (Jardim Botânico, Humaitá, Laranjeiras neighborhoods). However there's no money to start that in the nearby future.

[]s
Old August 23rd, 2017, 02:45 AM   #218
mopc

Likes (Received): 11945

As far as I have read the immediate plans for the Metro include a westward expansion of Line 4 all the way to the western end of Barra da Tijuca, a region called Recreio. That's their priority

link:

https://oglobo.globo.com/rio/apesar-...creio-21122314

mopc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2017, 08:26 PM   #219
Nighto

Yeah. What is currently being constructed is this small triangle branch going to Gávea. The green and the red dashed lines will be constructed at some point but there's currently no hard plan on that.

[]s
Old November 7th, 2017, 02:22 PM   #220
dimlys1994

Quote:
Rio de Janeiro Metro - Time-lapse of Line 2 from Botafogo to Pavuna 6x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighto View Post

For you: