daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
ŧ Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 17th, 2017, 06:35 PM   #2781
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
This is one thing I hope they DON'T start for this otherwise ok-ish looking tower.

Totally agree. In its current state, this tower is impressive -- it's clean and imposing, the world's tallest box. The diamond will wreck it.

I'm hoping that the difficulty they're having getting this project over the finish line forces a radical simplification at the top; a clean parapet or square crown would be leagues better than the inelegant "crown jewel."

Zaz965, Origincountry, Pansori, Daniel2011 liked this post
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2017, 07:04 PM   #2782
jjack502

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
Totally agree. In its current state, this tower is impressive -- it's clean and imposing, the world's tallest box. The diamond will wreck it.

I'm hoping that the difficulty they're having getting this project over the finish line forces a radical simplification at the top; a clean parapet or square crown would be leagues better than the inelegant "crown jewel."
The funny thing is I think the building would be that much better with the jewel at the top. It would be something unique. There would be more than just sheer height to define the tower. If the crown jewel was done properly so it didn't look cheap it would add character to the otherwise fairly simple design.
Old July 18th, 2017, 04:04 AM   #2783
lwetli

Likes (Received): 424

I really dig this building. It does remind me a bit of an inverted beer tap; and there's nothing wrong with that.

Zaz965, Daniel2011 liked this post
lwetli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2017, 11:04 PM   #2784
AP Design
BANNED

Likes (Received): 498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
This is one thing I hope they DON'T start for this otherwise ok-ish looking tower.
I totally agree. The foofaraw on the top is the most futile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless.♥ View Post
The diamond will determine if the project succeed or failed.
Bashar, you have to stop doing 2 things: thinking about architecture, and poisoning children.

Pansori, Daniel2011 liked this post
AP Design no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 02:43 AM   #2785
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6863

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP Design View Post

Bashar, you have to stop doing 2 things: thinking about architecture, and poisoning children.
LOL this was unexpected and hilarious

But yeah it doesn't need that diamond on top. It would be expected in some place like Uzbekistan or such but not in Tianjin in 2017. I say leave it plain as it is. It will still be a very imposing tower.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 10:52 AM   #2786
AP Design
BANNED

Yes, especially closely it reminds us about the early proposals of Akhmat tower in Grozny, Chechnya (temporarily occupied by Russian invasion).

Daniel2011 liked this post
Old July 19th, 2017, 12:59 PM   #2787
Speechless.♥

Likes (Received): 630

Quote:
I totally agree. The foofaraw on the top is the most futile.

I just said my opinion and I have right to have my opinion. Most people here prefer the diamond version, it really isnīt only me... But many people here like boxes, boxes, and other boxes... Cheaper, smaller and looking one like other... OK, thatīs your opinion and I respect it, but please, protect your family from having sex with pigs

Last edited by Yellow Fever; July 19th, 2017 at 04:47 PM.
Speechless.♥ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 01:29 PM   #2788
Speechless.♥

If this tower will turned out like Pingan, all hidden China haters here will celebrate Christmas. But so many project in China were simplifyed, reduced and cheapered, so this pointless building, standing in the middle of nowhere, where "nobody" will travel to see it, is just one building in a sea of others. If you build a project so separated, you should make it really impressive, because tourists will not spend much time for travelling somewhere where they can see high box. The tower will be interesting, but place where it stands and simplifyed design will make the project much leas interesting than it would have to be. If this tower had stand not fare away from CTF Tianjin, with original design, one of the best worldīs skylines would stand. This is true even when you write something else in your strong effort to argue with me. You know this is true, and everyone who will think about it will always know that this is true, you may say it isnīt, but chatting stupidities is all you can do about it, truth is truth and thereīs nothing to be done about it...
Old July 19th, 2017, 02:13 PM   #2789
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6863

The situation is not great admittedly. It won't be a truly outstanding and quality design like Shanghai Tower or CTF Guangzhou. Or even Shenzhen Ping An. Only that there is an opportunity to make it less bad by NOT building that horrendous 'diamond' on top and not making it look like somewhere in Central Asia.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 03:13 PM   #2790
Speechless.♥

Please express you opinion regarding Tianjin Goldin Finance 117 in this pool, many thanks!

Last edited by Yellow Fever; July 19th, 2017 at 04:48 PM.
Old July 19th, 2017, 03:43 PM   #2791
AP Design
BANNED

That's a very wrong phrasing in that poll. It's not that "anything else will be worse/better". Pansori was saying that particularly this diamond is making it worse. This detail is unsuitable here because it is architecturally wrong. It's not supposed to be on top of a building like this, because of a number of reasons. That's why it can't even be voted 'pro' or 'contra'.

Pansori liked this post
Old July 19th, 2017, 08:26 PM   #2792
Speechless.♥

Quote:
That's a very wrong phrasing in that poll. It's not that "anything else will be worse/better". Pansori was saying that particularly this diamond is making it worse. This detail is unsuitable here because it is architecturally wrong. It's not supposed to be on top of a building like this, because of a number of reasons. That's why it can't even be voted 'pro' or 'contra'.
I must disagree, the diamond will make it much better. If you think that I asked bad questions, than make your pool and ask questions which you want to know. Admins deleted the pool because they want here only their opinions to be shared. So Iīd like to thank to the 6 people who was able to vote before the link was deleted, 4 of them voted that they prefer diamond, I didnīt voted.
The question was - Goldin Finance 117 with or without diamond? And possible answers were - Certainly with the diamond, anything else would be worse. or Certainly without diamond, anything else will be better. Fans of diamond voted diamond, haters of diamond voted against diamond, itīs quite simple. Anyone of you can make his oven pool and ask anything you want. I will be voting!

Ch.W, jjack502 liked this post
Old July 19th, 2017, 08:46 PM   #2793
Unviewed
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless.♥ View Post
I must disagree, the diamond will make it much better. If you think that I asked bad questions, than make your pool and ask questions which you want to know. Admins deleted the pool because they want here only their opinions to be shared. So Iīd like to thank to the 6 people who was able to vote before the link was deleted, 4 of them voted that they prefer diamond, I didnīt voted.
The question was - Goldin Finance 117 with or without diamond? And possible answers were - Certainly with the diamond, anything else would be worse. or Certainly without diamond, anything else will be better. Fans of diamond voted diamond, haters of diamond voted against diamond, itīs quite simple. Anyone of you can make his oven pool and ask anything you want. I will be voting!
That site you linked is full of malware content, so yeah, remove that. Don't need more putin bots.

ODeskin048, AP Design liked this post
Unviewed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 08:56 PM   #2794
Speechless.♥

not true
Old July 19th, 2017, 09:12 PM   #2795
Amecurty

Likes (Received): 241

Well.. I like it as it is too and I am not talking about being half way "cladded" (don't know if this is a word xD).. just a massive straight box. So if they ended up scraping the diamond idea.. it wouldn't be a major blow. But I am also intrigued to see how this thing will look like if they idd end up putting a "stone" on top of that.
Amecurty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:38 PM   #2796
Sector 7

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unviewed View Post
That site you linked is full of malware content, so yeah, remove that. Don't need more putin bots.
Yeah, remove it. I don't want my computer to be ruined. And why did those ten guys vote there? I hope their computers aren't wretched twitching machines right now. And no diamond would RUIN the project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sector 7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2017, 04:25 AM   #2797
gao7

Likes (Received): 2243

I like the diamond, I think it looks too generic and simplistic without that diamond.

Last edited by gao7; July 22nd, 2017 at 04:39 AM.
gao7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 04:53 AM   #2798
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

I heard in the news that they changed the name to Lanwei Finance 117.

BarbaricManchurian liked this post
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 06:54 AM   #2799
trustevil

Likes (Received): 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severiano View Post
I heard in the news that they changed the name to Lanwei Finance 117.
Myb thats good news if some other company purchased the building it might speed up construction.. This is all speculation of course
trustevil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 10:50 AM   #2800
Max_iT

Likes (Received): 16

The diamond top is quite unique I will wait until it's complete.

Tags
goldin finance 117, goldin metropolitan, haitai south-north street, huayuan industry park, tianjin, walking stick