daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 21st, 2012, 10:57 PM   #881
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

i hope they'll increase they height here to a bit over 600m to make it a megatall
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2012, 11:07 PM   #882
andrewpreisler

Likes (Received): 0

Progress

Hey everyone Does anyone have a progress chart to show where it will be by June 2013? I'll hopefully be in Tianjin then..

Thanks!
andrewpreisler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 01:45 AM   #883
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

I love the early designs on this tower, especially if they go with the Diamond look at the very top.. That would be just phenomenal, then 117 floors that's quite impressive,, just waiting to see this shoot skyward..
Old August 22nd, 2012, 02:45 AM   #884
WonderlandPark
nomadist

Likes (Received): 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
Its Broadacre City, a fanciful vision by Frank Lloyd Wright 80 years ago

[IMG]http://i49.************/2w71hxk.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i49.************/fu85tj.jpg[/IMG]
Old August 22nd, 2012, 03:23 PM   #885
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark View Post
Its Broadacre City, a fanciful vision by Frank Lloyd Wright 80 years ago

[IMG]http://i49.************/2w71hxk.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i49.************/fu85tj.jpg[/IMG]
It is a well thought-out plan, if you asked me. There is need for spaces in big city, for greenery and other outdoor activities.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #886
Amastroi2017
The Power Of Roof Height

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
i hope they'll increase they height here to a bit over 600m to make it a megatall
The height of 597 meters or 1,958 feet is solid and won't be changed at this point. Too much of the foundation and core have been completed to increase the height now. This behemoth will still have a chance to be the 3rd tallest building in the world when completed at least for a year or so until Wuhan Greenland Center surpasses it.
Amastroi2017 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #887
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amastroi2017

The height of 597 meters or 1,958 feet is solid and won't be changed at this point. Too much of the foundation and core have been completed to increase the height now. This behemoth will still have a chance to be the 3rd tallest building in the world when completed at least for a year or so until Wuhan Greenland Center surpasses it.
Lots of towers got an height increase while they've risen already....that won't be the problem i think.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #888
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6882

BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #889
Sergei Dekker

Likes (Received): 26

It would fit better in binhai new area.
It's gonna look real stupid with a 600 meter skyscraper and luxury villas just 150 meters away, surrounded with a few lowrisers and a horse polo field.
Sergei Dekker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #890
phoenixboi08

Likes (Received): 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Dekker View Post
It would fit better in binhai new area.
It's gonna look real stupid with a 600 meter skyscraper and luxury villas just 150 meters away, surrounded with a few lowrisers and a horse polo field.
Silly me...I thought this WAS Binhai new area...So, is it part of a larger development?
phoenixboi08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #891
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8242

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixboi08 View Post
Silly me...I thought this WAS Binhai new area...So, is it part of a larger development?
the whole city is expanding and rising, i am pretty sure before this project is finished we already have other 200m+ buildings around.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #892
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

This is pretty much what we are getting here, so like it or not, this is middle of nowhere in megatall standards. And since this is completely designed from scratch large development I don't think they will be eager to redevelop it just after its completion. I would say we will wait at least 10 or 20 years after this development completion until it (eventually) will dense up. I have to say I really don't even mind planing huge districts out of the original city center (or out of the city for that matter) like Xiangluowan or Yujiapu districts which look really good but making vast, sparse district with megatall in the middle and nothing even close to a supertall around seams like a really stupid idea to me. I like the tower but I truly would rather see it located somewhere in Xiangluowan or Yujiapu when it would really belong.

PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #893
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8242

i think it looks amazing, when it is standing alone it will look even taller and additionally all the green space is very nice, when it will dense up i hope they keep lots of green areas.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #894
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Well green space is needed in large cities no doubt about that, but it has to be well thought and located, not like an huge grassland with some buildings here and there. I much more prefer centralized or at least block separated green areas like in ny's central park style. It is huge and peaceful if you need it but you don't have to walk hundreds of meters from building to building just because there is "green space" on the way. You say that you like green areas but does each building really need a 100m radius of parks around it? That's stupid planning to me. As for the skylines I much more prefer natural skylines like shanghai, honk gong, ny or tianjin Xiangluowan or Yujiapu districts (even though planned from scratch), but each to their own I guess.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #895
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15920

I fail to see why green wasteland is necessary. How can be useless land necessary? Plant tons of trees in every street, add cute gardens no larger than a few plots, etc. Everything else is bad planning that kills density. And when you lack density you don't have pedestrian lifestyle, traditional retailers... proper urban life in general.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #896
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

It's China which has tons of people so it's gonna work out somehow...this is an extremely ambitious project for a private developer so I hope this will be the catalyst that turns this corner of Tianjin into a big CBD. They're already building a lot near the site and hopefully the whole neighborhood (which didn't even exist at all 10 years ago) will get densified soon.
Old August 27th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #897
phoenixboi08

Likes (Received): 791

It just seems to me that they really like the "Garden City" idea in China.

I think this is great, but the thing I found a little cumbersome, is that there's a lot of centripetal force: property prices are sending a lot of residential developments (and people) outside of the core areas of these cities - because it's cheaper. Thus, you end up with most of the city services in the central core and a lot of people living outside of it. I can't speak for Tianjin so maybe it isn't as pronounced there as it is in Shanghai (where somewhere near 50% of the municipality's residents live outside the Puxi area).

So developments like these make a LOT of sense from their perspective. It used to bother me too, until I actually gave it some thought. Though, I would say this kind of planning seems a little short sighted if only for the fact that property prices will eventually come down to reasonable levels (at the very least vis a vis household income) and people will undoubtedly seek to move as far as they can into the core areas.

Also, it's setting some of these cities up for the mistake that was made in the US; creating a dependence on cars. The rapid expansion of mass transit systems in even 2nd and 3rd tier cities as well as the prohibitive costs of automobiles will likely curb the worst of this, but I still see it as a type of suburbanization.

Sorry to carry on, I'm just really interested in this topic
Anyways, I think this development isn't so unusual, it's kind of par for the course as far as Chinese Urban Planning goes.
phoenixboi08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #898
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
I fail to see why green wasteland is necessary. How can be useless land necessary? Plant tons of trees in every street, add cute gardens no larger than a few plots, etc. Everything else is bad planning that kills density. And when you lack density you don't have pedestrian lifestyle, traditional retailers... proper urban life in general.
Not everyone wants 'proper urban life'. They want lots of green as in Seattle or Portland or Des Moines or Rural Chinese Village. Density is not the only criterion and many people do not like being crowded into a planned area.
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #899
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3189

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Hand View Post
Not everyone wants 'proper urban life'. They want lots of green as in Seattle or Portland or Des Moines or Rural Chinese Village. Density is not the only criterion and many people do not like being crowded into a planned area.
Very true! I actually like new spacious developments. You can walk around and enjoy the buildings and not have to trip over people or dodge traffic like in a dense urban setting.
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #900
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Tags
goldin finance 117, goldin metropolitan, haitai south-north street, huayuan industry park, tianjin, walking stick