daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 5th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #1221
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

Don't know but this MT is part of the long-term Tianjin plan to build it out to the size of Beijing as a business centre.
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #1222
Gaeus
500-Internal Server Error

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
what does this mean? is this supposed to be WTC1 and Sears? If so what does it have to do with the thresd, you're on the wrong site.
You did not read the thread? Did you?

Well, just disgregard it. It is off-topic anyway. Let keep it on-topic.

pteranodon liked this post
Gaeus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #1223
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeus View Post
You did not read the thread? Did you?

Well, just disgregard it. It is off-topic anyway. Let keep it on-topic.
We probably differ in opinions, I like Sears much better than 1WTC, I like Goldin Finance "this" tower better than Ping AN,, and both,(Sears and GF) rooftops are higher,, they just put their sticks on top,, and call it height, I just think if they go with the Diamond on top of this, it'll be 1st or 2nd "coolest" Mega's minus 2 (598)meters" (that's just MY opinion) in the world, now the renders without the Diamond or jewel on top, just kinda ruins the look,, w/out it,, I see it as a taller HK's ICC.. 25% taller roughly. Kinda wish they went by rooftops (kanto) because Petrona's doesnt deserve to even be in the top 10.
Old April 8th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #1224
MattTheTubaGuy
Skyscrapers to the stars

Likes (Received): 647

Quote:
what does this mean? is this supposed to be WTC1 and Sears? If so what does it have to do with the thresd, you're on the wrong site.
No, that's just a standard "cheating with a spire" smiley.

This is appropriate for situations where a building is taller only because of a "spire", for example, Ping An vs Goldin 117. Ping An is technically taller, but only because of the spire!
Click [More] under the smilies when you write a new message, and it should be in there.
I think it is pretty cool that the three tallest U/C buildings in China are all quite different, but all look amazing. Shanghai Tower definitely wins (IMO), but depending on how the diamond on the top turns out, I think that this one could be better than Ping An.

Complete and T/O Supertalls Map
U/C Supertalls Map
Prep and O/H Supertalls Map
All Supertalls map!

Google Earth map (WIP)

ZZ-II's World Supertalls List

view my buildings made on Maya

Last edited by MattTheTubaGuy; April 8th, 2013 at 01:11 PM.
MattTheTubaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #1225
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

Greenland Center in Wuhan is also U/C, so Goldin Finance is not under the tallest 3 U/C buildings in china anymore

Highcliff liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #1226
MattTheTubaGuy
Skyscrapers to the stars

Likes (Received): 647

Forgot about that one!
Not sure where I would rank that. there seems to be two different cladding designs. one is horizontal, and the other one is made up of lots of triangles. If the triangle cladding is used, Wuhan Greenland could even contend with ST for first, but I would definitely rank it second.
I can't wait until a couple of years time when we will get a good idea of what all these towers will actually look like!

Complete and T/O Supertalls Map
U/C Supertalls Map
Prep and O/H Supertalls Map
All Supertalls map!

Google Earth map (WIP)

ZZ-II's World Supertalls List

view my buildings made on Maya
MattTheTubaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #1227
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Ping'An is about 2 years behind ST, nearly exactly. so we know about how tall it will be and how far into cladding it might be in 2 years. ST should be finished by then. Goldin Finance may be in a similar state as Ping'An and Greenland Center is hard to say, since ground work will take a while, maybe it will be as far as Goldin Finance is now or even a bit further into construction

Old April 9th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #1228
Redzio
To ja!

Likes (Received): 6826

Redzio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #1229
bigreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
Greenland Center in Wuhan is also U/C, so Goldin Finance is not under the tallest 3 U/C buildings in china anymore
Wally I googled Greenland Center Wuhan,, It was not under, u/c on ssp, how tall is this Wuhan bldg supposed to be and are you SURE it's under construction,, But back to this, which plan are they planning on using for the top? The Jewel or Diamond looks awesome, the pic on SSP shows an ugly 4 corner (bland) top,, has there been a final decision on what the top will be????
Old April 10th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #1230
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

it is U/C on SSP. you probably just searched for buildings that are drawn on SSP and therefor did not see it. here is the link for SSP and here is our thread to see designs

Old April 10th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #1231
bigreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post

it is U/C on SSP. you probably just searched for buildings that are drawn on SSP and therefor did not see it. here is the link for SSP and here is our thread to see designs
I see it under the SSC I found it,, says 488 meters, then I clicked on your link and it said 646,, so they must have changed it to compete? I knew nothing about this bldg, cause I usually trust SSP's diagrams, for instance (highest bldgs 2015) this project is not even mentioned. Thank you, something to keep an eye on. Why woukldnt they have it on their diagrams?
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #1232
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

not sure if you are trolling.

i provided you the link that gives you two reasons, why it is not in the tallest 2015 diagrams.

1) there is no drawing for the building yet
2) the building is planned to finish in 2017, so no reason to be in the diagram to begin with.

and how did you get the number of 488m, there is no building in china proposed with that height at all.

and they do not have it in their diagrams, because noone drew it yet. as i said, you can look thru the database with undrawn structures also added and you will find that for chinese buildings under construction there are 6 undrawn over 400m. China is just booming and the illustrators need time to keep up.

Your post still confuses me though. the links i gave before should give you enough information to see that the building indeed is under construction, but yet far behind the other megatalls that are already rising.

Old April 11th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #1233
bigreach

[QUOTE=KillerZavatar;102144716] not sure if you are trolling.

i provided you the link that gives you two reasons, why it is not in the tallest 2015 diagrams.

1) there is no drawing for the building yet
2) the building is planned to finish in 2017, so no reason to be in the diagram to begin with.

and how did you get the number of 488m, there is no building in china proposed with that height at all.

and they do not have it in their diagrams, because noone drew it yet. as i said, you can look thru the database with undrawn structures also added and you will find that for chinese buildings under construction there are 6 undrawn over 400m. China is just booming and the illustrators need time to keep up.

Your post still confuses me though. the links i gave before should give you enough information to see that the building indeed is under construction, but yet far behind the other megatalls that are already rising.[/QU

I assure you I'm not trolling but just as an example,, if you go to SSP and hit diagrams from their homepage, it'll take you to finished buildings 2015, There they have Sky City as BUILT 2013,, that's what I'm confused about.. But I did use your link and it cleared it up.. If you go to the supertalls in this website it has it listed at 438 (not 488) I misquoted that..No need to troll, I'm an enthusiast and just trying to learn from people who know more than me about these projects..

Last edited by bigreach; April 11th, 2013 at 03:35 AM.
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #1234
CNTower246810
Call me TKD

Likes (Received): 678

There is a difference between the
Wuhan Greenland Center (636m)
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1261427
and
Wuhan Center (438m)
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=783934
both of which are U/C.

And like Killer said, Wuhan Greenland Center isn't on the Tallest Building 2015, because it isn't slated to be completed until 2017 and because it isn't drawn yet. Just because A building is not listed on the SSP diagram database doesn't mean it doesn't exist or hasn't started construction yet, it only means that a diagram has not been made for it. Also SkyscraperCity keeps up to date with certain phases of construction of the various structures on here.

And Many diagrams on SSP for U/C buildings are outdated such as the diagram for Goldin Finance 117, which was made before the design got changed, so I wouldn't trust the diagrams unless they have been updated.

KillerZavatar, pteranodon liked this post
CNTower246810 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #1235
kanye
WDNF-Mod | RIP desertpunk

Likes (Received): 8514

April 11 by 我为楼狂

jackedi07, Munwon, CP11, Highcliff liked this post
kanye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #1236
bigreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNTower246810 View Post
There is a difference between the
Wuhan Greenland Center (636m)
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1261427
and
Wuhan Center (438m)
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=783934
both of which are U/C.

And like Killer said, Wuhan Greenland Center isn't on the Tallest Building 2015, because it isn't slated to be completed until 2017 and because it isn't drawn yet. Just because A building is not listed on the SSP diagram database doesn't mean it doesn't exist or hasn't started construction yet, it only means that a diagram has not been made for it. Also SkyscraperCity keeps up to date with certain phases of construction of the various structures on here.

And Many diagrams on SSP for U/C buildings are outdated such as the diagram for Goldin Finance 117, which was made before the design got changed, so I wouldn't trust the diagrams unless they have been updated.
Thank you very much,,, that clears up a lot... So we're talking "2 different" buildings? That's where the confusion came in Thanks.. No wonder,,, I was under the impression there was 1 bldg,, and 1 of the 2 sites were wrong!! Thank you CNTOWER and Killer.
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1237
kanye
WDNF-Mod | RIP desertpunk

Likes (Received): 8514

April 15

April 16

CP11, Munwon, Highcliff liked this post
kanye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #1238
bigreach

That can't be Finsished cladding on Kanye's 1st photo.. Correct?
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #1239
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

Quote:
, that's the formwork to pour concrete

ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #1240
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
do you see the 4 big pillars next to the core, these form the outer polygon, which will also have the cladding on there. but that will be in the future, first we need to see flors rising

Tags
goldin finance 117, goldin metropolitan, haitai south-north street, huayuan industry park, tianjin, walking stick