daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 2nd, 2008, 11:21 AM   #41
Trogdor

Likes (Received): 0

Yeah its the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Temple (of which im a member)
There are around 130 Temples worldwide: all of them architectural masterpieces. Check them out at: http://www.lds.org/temples/geographi...1899-1,00.html
Trogdor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:16 AM   #42
drunkenmunkey888

Likes (Received): 53

DC does not feel at all European in my opinion. In fact, I'm gonna go off on a limb and say the other city in the world that DC most strongly resembles is Taipei without the neon lights because of the rows and rows of neat, shiny mid-rise office building canyons and comparably sized streets. That's just my opinion though.
drunkenmunkey888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:02 AM   #43
Harkeb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 22

Definitely a very well planned city. It looks grand in stature, befitting for the world's leading country. Love the big monuments, parks and fountains. I am however dissappointed at the size and dullness of the White house. Not very palatial for THE president
Harkeb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:05 AM   #44
OakRidge

Likes (Received): 1462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkeb View Post
Definitely a very well planned city. It looks grand in stature, befitting for the world's leading country. Love the big monuments, parks and fountains. I am however dissappointed at the size and dullness of the White house. Not very palatial for THE president
That was kind of the point. For some time one could just walk up and knock on the front door and see the president. Sheep would be grazing on the front lawn and there would be no security. The president was not supposed to live like a king.
OakRidge no está en línea   Reply With Quote