daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 15th, 2016, 08:07 AM   #1921
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Sorry, what the hell can all this mean:
Made in Kyiv???
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2016, 05:06 PM   #1922
Robot8A

Likes (Received): 261

@ Ioannina, Greece
Own work, license CC-BY.

Street view of the place: https://www.google.com/maps/@39.6843...7i13312!8i6656

Also, in Greece the street crossings are painted in yellow and white stripes, which I found to be peculiar.
Old August 15th, 2016, 05:28 PM   #1923
ea1969
R21

Likes (Received): 188

The second sign denotes a "school crossing warden".

The street crossings are normally - an by the law - white, but some local authorities sometimes do as they wish.
Old August 15th, 2016, 05:36 PM   #1924
Robot8A

Likes (Received): 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea1969 View Post

The second sign denotes a "school crossing warden".

The street crossings are normally - an by the law - white, but some local authorities sometimes do as they wish.
Well, if they paint them...
I have never seen so many unpainted pedestrian crossings as in Greece.

ea1969 liked this post
Robot8A no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2016, 06:12 PM   #1925
ea1969
R21

Likes (Received): 188

Almost all types of road markings are poorly maintained. And even fresh-painted markings tend to fade after a few weeks.
Old August 15th, 2016, 10:57 PM   #1926
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot8A View Post
@ Ioannina, Greece
Own work, license CC-BY.

Street view of the place: https://www.google.com/maps/@39.6843...7i13312!8i6656

Also, in Greece the street crossings are painted in yellow and white stripes, which I found to be peculiar.
In Germany, those school crossing warden signs are very common, usually denoted "Schülerlotsen" ("pupil guides").

- Die Stem van Suid-Afrika
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2016, 11:14 PM   #1927
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

In Spain, incluiding in the driving code law, should a group over 20 people is going to cross the road, a person in each side can cut traffic.

I have use that option when walking with teenagers on camps and have to cross any main road
In addition, if going on over 20 people groups they must walk on right side of road instead of left side.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2016, 05:06 PM   #1928
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by alserrod View Post
In Spain, incluiding in the driving code law, should a group over 20 people is going to cross the road, a person in each side can cut traffic.
Sorry, I don't get this. Where is this group of over 20 allowed to cross the road? Anywhere? Built-up area or not, given the existence of underpasses/overpasses or not, traffic lights or not?
Old August 16th, 2016, 06:18 PM   #1929
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6795

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
Sorry, what the hell can all this mean:
Made in Kyiv???
The blue sign - I would understand as "you are allowed to drive a car only". Maybe also motorbikes are allowed - but no pedestrians and no bicycles.

Because of the sign on the left (white with the read outline), actually, only cars of disabled persons are allowed (because this sign doesn't apply to disabled persons), and any other traffic is forbidden.

In Poland we have those school wardens as well, but there are no special signs for them. They have a reflective outfit and a "STOP" sign in hand.

About the groups of people, big organized groups are considered in Poland as "columns of pedestrians" and they are treated on the road similarly to cars. They should use the carriageway, or, actually, the shoulder, if it exists and it's usable, instead of the sidewalk (unless it's a group of children up to 10 years old), they should have lights on the front and the back at night etc. And there are some regulations like there should be no more than 4 persons next to each other, although I don't think anyone really applies that.

Not to mention that big groups of people on the road, for which these regulations could be applied, like different marches and demonstrations, are usually treated as "special usage of the road", and protected by the police, so no traffic regulations apply to them. What I can think of from the cases for which those regulations may apply, are small religious processions and maybe also pilgrimages, for which there is no need for police protection.
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2016, 12:30 AM   #1930
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by OulaL View Post
Sorry, I don't get this. Where is this group of over 20 allowed to cross the road? Anywhere? Built-up area or not, given the existence of underpasses/overpasses or not, traffic lights or not?
Let's suppose you are walking on an unpaved road but for a while you may go through the paved road and you may get the paved road for a while and later another unpaved path and keep walking. Should you have to cross and it is a "group" you can stop traffic.... only if 1x1.

To be honest, two people should be with yellow jackets in both corners advicing drivers. I have made it only once (more than 50 people and road limited to 60 because mountains) and.... would think twice on a 100 km/h road.

Common sense apply always.... if you are walking and may cross these kind of roads I would prefer to cross one per one instead of in group system.

Old August 23rd, 2016, 05:44 PM   #1931
ukraroad

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/R...signal_s24.svg
I know that sign was earlier but there is one explanation, in the case the tunnel is flooded(because it is put before them) - did you see any jellyfish in there? (copyright from one Ibiza website)
Old August 24th, 2016, 07:59 PM   #1932
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1200

New sing for traffic calming on inter-urban roads in Spain:

It will be placed on several spots along the CL-613 and the CL-615 in Castilla y León, Spain.

Both of these roads have some very long straight allignments, which lead some drivers to overspeed. During the last 5 years, a total of 19 people have died and 260 have been injured on both the CL-613 and the CL-615. A green line will be painted next to the shoulder line along these stretches to let drivers know that their speed is being controlled.

Autobahn-mann liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2016, 08:03 PM   #1933
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6795

@ukraroad: Well... This is not a jellyfish. I suppose you know well what it is You will find this symbol on one of the switches in your car as well, does it mean you have a jellyfish in your car?

The speed control devices based of cameras located in two points and calculating the average velocity appeared in Poland a short time ago, at the end of the previous year. Before, we had only automated radar devices, taking photos of the speeding cars.

And such signs are used:

A standard sign warning against an automated radar-based speed control, and a plate under it explained that the average speed is measured and on how long distance.

It's a bit weird, because those average velocity based devices don't have much to do with radars, but it seems nobody came to an idea to introduce a new sign for that.

ukraroad, MilkChocholate liked this post

Last edited by Kpc21; August 24th, 2016 at 08:28 PM.
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2016, 07:27 AM   #1934
ukraroad

Maybe something like a road with two cameras far apart and a car speeding? With a sign like Kontrola prędkości średniej(average speed control)?
@Kpc21 Re:@ukraroad - I know it is not a jellyfish, still, lights do look something like that. And what can a question mark mean?
Old August 25th, 2016, 03:48 PM   #1935
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
And what can a question mark mean?
Have you turned on your headlights?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2016, 07:23 PM   #1936
ukraroad

OK but why is it shown after tunnels?
After tunnel
Old August 25th, 2016, 07:52 PM   #1937
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1200

Quote:
OK but why is it shown after tunnels?
After tunnel

We put this sign before tunnels - low beam lights compulsory:

After a tunnel, low beam lights may or may not be compulsory, so this sign ask drivers to consider whether or not they are.

Quote:
Fin de obligación de alumbrado de corto alcance
S-24

Indica el final de un tramo en que es obligatorio el alumbrado de cruce o corto alcance y recuerda la posibilidad de prescindir de éste, siempre que no venga impuesto por circunstancias de visibilidad, horario o iluminación de la vía.

... it reminds drivers of the possibility of turning off the low beam lights, unless it's mandatory due to circumstances such as visibility, time of the day or illumination

ukraroad, Kpc21, Autobahn-mann liked this post
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2016, 12:35 AM   #1938
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

And not only in tunnels but also in some bypass under other roads with few light

Old August 27th, 2016, 07:06 PM   #1939
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpc21 View Post

The speed control devices based of cameras located in two points and calculating the average velocity appeared in Poland a short time ago, at the end of the previous year. Before, we had only automated radar devices, taking photos of the speeding cars.

And such signs are used:
What pity
Old August 28th, 2016, 05:04 PM   #1940
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post
After a tunnel, low beam lights may or may not be compulsory, so this sign ask drivers to consider whether or not they are.
It sounds silly. What could happen at worst if this sign wasn't there? Some drivers would forget their lights on?