daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 28th, 2016, 05:25 PM   #1941
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Some cars (specially ir black coloured ) used to turn on lights whisky day.

Army cars and trucks used them compulsory.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2016, 05:39 PM   #1942
Robot8A

Likes (Received): 260

Sign in Zaragoza, Spain:
https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=4...Eg&focus=photo

Rough translation: It is prohibited to drive through this street on School days at 9:15-9:30, 13:00-13:15, 15:15-15:30, 17:00-17:15, except access to legalized garages.
Old August 28th, 2016, 09:28 PM   #1943
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

7:15-7:30, 11:00-11:15, 13:15-13:30 and 15:00-15:15 (if DST is in force) or 8:15-8:30, 12:00-12:15, 14:15-14:30 and 16:00-16:15 (if DST is not in force) UTC.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 11:00 PM   #1944
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot8A View Post
Sign in Zaragoza, Spain:
https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=4...Eg&focus=photo

Rough translation: It is prohibited to drive through this street on School days at 9:15-9:30, 13:00-13:15, 15:15-15:30, 17:00-17:15, except access to legalized garages.
Lol!!

there are someones more like this one.

Reason?. You can pay town hall a fee to reserve parking area for a reason. In this case, for school buses. They have booked just entrances and exits for pupils in order to let buses stopping there.

For supermarkets (near a supermarket to unload freights) I have seen 11 to 14 and 16 to 19 monday to saturday or so

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2016, 11:47 AM   #1945
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

Poland.

"Elk Highway - Slow Down"

Old August 29th, 2016, 08:16 PM   #1946
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by OulaL View Post
It sounds silly. What could happen at worst if this sign wasn't there? Some drivers would forget their lights on?
Oh, sorry, I should've translated the whole sentence:
Quote:
Fin de obligación de alumbrado de corto alcance
S-24

Indica el final de un tramo en que es obligatorio el alumbrado de cruce o corto alcance y recuerda la posibilidad de prescindir de éste, siempre que no venga impuesto por circunstancias de visibilidad, horario o iluminación de la vía.
It marks the end of a stretch in which low beam lights are compulsory and reminds drivers of the possibility of turning them off, unless it's mandatory due to circumstances such as visibility, time of the day or illumination.

So, if that sign wasn't there, low beam lights would still be compulsory.

Usually, when there are several tunnels in a short stretch, this sign is located only after the last tunnel:

For instance, this stretch has 3 tunnels: https://www.google.es/maps/dir/43.18...b1!4m2!4m1!3e0

But this sign is located only after the last one: https://www.google.es/maps/@43.13506...7i13312!8i6656

(See the exit of the first tunnel - no sign. Exit of the second tunnel - no sign either)
Old November 18th, 2016, 01:12 AM   #1947
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

West Berlin, 1966: a "wall of shame" sign at a dead end created by the Berlin wall

http://www.nordbayern.de/region/nuer...ticle#ancTitle

- Die Stem van Suid-Afrika

Verso liked this post
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2016, 05:37 PM   #1948
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Source: Waze Hungary
Old December 31st, 2016, 02:11 PM   #1949
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6791

In Poland the law is so that only the road sings which regulate the priority of crossing the intersection don't apply when the traffic lights are active. So the "you have to drive forward" sign would apply anyway, even if the traffic lights work.

How is it in Hungary?

If it's the same... Maybe the road across has been closed for traffic, at least for those who want to turn right/left from here (at the same time there is some traffic on it) - but someone forgot to hide or disable the right-turn signal.
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2016, 02:27 PM   #1950
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Prefectoral bans/prohibitions (mostly for unauthorized parking) on private areas are all too common in Zurich (and all of Switzerland). The one I caught here is special in the sense that it was issued in 1947, and is fully effective 70 years after.

The indicated fine of 50 francs of this one must have been a lot heavier back then, though

Attus, AsHalt liked this post
Old December 31st, 2016, 03:19 PM   #1951
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpc21 View Post
How is it in Hungary?
The same. :-)
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2016, 03:27 PM   #1952
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

speaking about the traffic signs, have you ever seen this sign placed somewhere? (France excluded, I know they use it)

i also find its existance quite obsolete or unneccessary afaik all countries apply right side rule on such crossroads.
Old December 31st, 2016, 03:59 PM   #1953
Corvinus
License plate spotter

In German villages, it can be frequently seen to warn drivers when right-hand priority applies, but the road to the right is easily overlooked.

It is redundant in the legal sense, but can help prevent accidents nevertheless.

Old December 31st, 2016, 04:26 PM   #1954
Kpc21

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
speaking about the traffic signs, have you ever seen this sign placed somewhere? (France excluded, I know they use it)

i also find its existance quite obsolete or unneccessary afaik all countries apply right side rule on such crossroads.
Yes.

https://goo.gl/maps/tSNhjBu3YJs

In Poland it's rare, but not uncommon.

There are trials to apply this type of intersection for traffic calming. In such a situation this sign is simply a must, because otherwise the drivers tend to think that the bigger, wider, more important road has priority, forgetting about the right-hand rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
Befahren - I understand. But why Betreten too?
Old December 31st, 2016, 04:35 PM   #1955
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4010

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post

https://goo.gl/maps/mhwzEnz8Zmw
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2016, 05:10 PM   #1956
Kpc21

In a place with traffic lights - and the one from my link is without traffic lights

With traffic lights, at a T-shaped intersection: https://goo.gl/maps/Ldz9rY6xsHv

Maybe not an unusual road sign, but an unusual road intersection: https://goo.gl/maps/3QsE28iGh8P2

8 inlets and the intersection is not a roundabout.
Old December 31st, 2016, 05:15 PM   #1957
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
In German villages, it can be frequently seen to warn drivers when right-hand priority applies, but the road to the right is easily overlooked.

It is redundant in the legal sense, but can help prevent accidents nevertheless.
Quote:
Yes.

https://goo.gl/maps/tSNhjBu3YJs

In Poland it's rare, but not uncommon.

There are trials to apply this type of intersection for traffic calming. In such a situation this sign is simply a must, because otherwise the drivers tend to think that the bigger, wider, more important road has priority, forgetting about the right-hand rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
isn't it easier and more clear to put just classic Give way and Priority signs?
Old December 31st, 2016, 05:38 PM   #1958
bogdymol
bogdymod

I though about that too. However, this sign might be used also for preventing drivers from driving too fast, as you would have to reduce your speed and check before entering the intersection (opposed to priority sign where you can drive as quickly as you want as you don't have to take care for other traffic).

When I was in USA I have noticed that they use a lot the all-way stop sign/intersection. Everyone has to come to a complete stop and the one who arrived first can go first. If I haven't seen it with my own eyes, I couldn't have believed how practical and how good this can work (on intersections with fairly low amount of traffic though).

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2016, 05:46 PM   #1959
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Quote:
Yes.
Befahren - I understand. But why Betreten too?
They don't (didn't) want foreign pedestrians to use their passageway as shortcut to get around the corner ...

Old December 31st, 2016, 06:06 PM   #1960
Innsertnamehere
insertoronto

Likes (Received): 681

Wait, all way stops are not common in Europe? It's the most common intersection in Canada and the US, easily. It's so basic I thought it was used essentially everywhere.
Innsertnamehere no está en línea   Reply With Quote