daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Best South-American Skyline
Bogotá - Colombia 97 8.41%
Caracas - Venezuela 109 9.45%
Quito - Ecuador 18 1.56%
Lima- Perú 36 3.12%
La Paz - Bolivia 89 7.71%
Brasilia - Brasil 98 8.49%
Buenos Aires - Argentina 364 31.54%
Santiago - Chile 320 27.73%
Montevideo - Uruguay 23 1.99%
Voters: 1154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:43 AM   #421
Rodrigo21
Ich liebe autos

Likes (Received): 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmB & Co. View Post
My god!! What a non-sense thread!

You can easily realize that Buenos Aires have no comparisson here in SA.
It is not only about the present . . . the skyline and the architecture of a city is made through history.

When Buenos Aires had the tallest skyscraper in the southern hemisphere, by the 1930s, there was no other "CITY" in Sa, well Sao P. has always been an architecural disaster for me.

Santiago has no history, but a very limited present. A mean, we agree that Santiago has a beautiful architectural general concept. But, is has no IDENTITY. Its a copy of the American architecture. There I saw a cheap copy of the Chrisler Building. Its a very modern city, but the "nice" area has few metres. In few blocks there is nothing more to see.

South America = Buenos Aires . . . Sp may be too.
You know that what you wrote here it isn't true.
Santiago has a lot of history, not because Buenos Aires has a lots of tall old buildings that means it has more history than another city, besides Buenos Aires has the double of Santiago's population.
Santiago's buildings are not a copy of the U.S. architecture, just look at the chilean designs! they are way different, with the only exception of the Cruz Blanca building which it's spire is similar to One Liberty Place building from Philadelphia...

Stop acting like a child, we are not here to persuade people or convince them that the A city has better skyline than the B city, forumers are here to see the pictures of the different cities and vote for the best skyline.

Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:46 AM   #422
tj_alan90alan
Screw the Fuel Economy!

Likes (Received): 1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriaLK View Post
They criticize us for saying "Santiago has the best designs", but by the other hand, they say "You can easily realize that Buenos Aires have no comparisson here in SA."

when you're right.. you're right..
tj_alan90alan no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2009, 08:17 AM   #423
YYC

Likes (Received): 66

this is insane....
all this fight about if BS is better than SCL is stupid. Just are different cities, and depends of the taste of each one wich one is better. Stop trying to impose your own points of view by desqualifid persons and cultures.
i like more Santiago and it doesn't mean that i could say that BS is a shit, even if i think that.
Show some education, Chile and Argentina are suposed to be the most "Human developed" country of SA, but it doesnt looks like that with you fighting in this way.
YYC no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2009, 08:52 AM   #424
ARH Tucuman Arg

Likes (Received): 0

I guess Buenos Aires has variety, classical european and modern views, that's because my vote: But really think Rio is the most beautiful city in the world, has nature, beautiful skylines, beach and happy people...is complette.
ARH Tucuman Arg no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2009, 09:14 AM   #425
Vladivostok53

Likes (Received): 3

Stop fighting about something so subjective ... Why not put more pictures so we can compare?
What is missing here is what I like most about Buenos Aires are the old buildings such as building Kavanagh.
I also like to see more pictures of other skyscrapers in Santiago and Lima..
Vladivostok53 no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2009, 10:19 AM   #426
fullofquestions

Regarding JmB & Co.'s comments

I am glad that we sparked discussions and the like. Being passionate about something, while intelligently articulating your point, is a healthy way to move forward. Ditto about letting people vote for the skyline they like. That is the goal of this thread.

I was hoping to be entirely positive with this post but there is something I must rectify... First, there is some fool posting some mock ups as actual designs; that's simply too brazen.
As for the fool that began talking about history, check this out: Argentina, at the turn of the century was one of the richest countries in the world. If my memory serves me right, it was top thirteen, if not top ten. Well, what happened? I dunno, actually, I don't care. Perhaps it might have to do with the phrase and apparently the country mantra, "mientras Argentina duerne, Argentina crece" (translation, "while Argentina sleeps, Argentina grows") Turns out, Argentina by all accounts is not doing so well (30th richest nation). Heard the country might default on its debt, again. Elections are getting in the way of the swine flu epidemic; read between the lines, the country cannot cope with a flu outbreak. Finally, a little side note, Chile will no longer need your liquified natural gas, they have their own plants now... Good luck selling that gas in the south of Argentina to... oh wait, no one will buy it, because you don't have the infrastructure to liquify it! The bottom line is that your history is sloping downwards. There is an arrogance endemic to your country that clearly got in the way of progress. Enjoy the rest of your history!

Last edited by fullofquestions; July 3rd, 2009 at 10:57 AM.
fullofquestions no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2009, 11:39 AM   #427
ARH Tucuman Arg

Don't worry friends, maybe my vote was subjetive, what can i do. But I admite there are impressive skylines in S.A. My vote should be for Rio, but someone said only capitals...I was really surprised by pictures of Lima City, Santiago, Caracas, and others, for example La Paz, i was there las summer and it is a great city, with buildings and mountains around. i liked it too much. Much cyties in S.A. has it's magic. But any way (sorry my english) here is a nice view of BUENOS AIRES, enjoy!!

[IMG]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9328/bas4fu.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by ARH Tucuman Arg; July 3rd, 2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: can not show the photo directly
ARH Tucuman Arg no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2009, 06:26 PM   #428
JmB & Co.

Likes (Received): 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofquestions View Post
I am glad that we sparked discussions and the like. Being passionate about something, while intelligently articulating your point, is a healthy way to move forward. Ditto about letting people vote for the skyline they like. That is the goal of this thread.

I was hoping to be entirely positive with this post but there is something I must rectify... First, there is some fool posting some mock ups as actual designs; that's simply too brazen.
As for the fool that began talking about history, check this out: Argentina, at the turn of the century was one of the richest countries in the world. If my memory serves me right, it was top thirteen, if not top ten. Well, what happened? I dunno, actually, I don't care. Perhaps it might have to do with the phrase and apparently the country mantra, "mientras Argentina duerne, Argentina crece" (translation, "while Argentina sleeps, Argentina grows") Turns out, Argentina by all accounts is not doing so well (30th richest nation). Heard the country might default on its debt, again. Elections are getting in the way of the swine flu epidemic; read between the lines, the country cannot cope with a flu outbreak. Finally, a little side note, Chile will no longer need your liquified natural gas, they have their own plants now... Good luck selling that gas in the south of Argentina to... oh wait, no one will buy it, because you don't have the infrastructure to liquify it! The bottom line is that your history is sloping downwards. There is an arrogance endemic to your country that clearly got in the way of progress. Enjoy the rest of your history!

Where is the architectural topic in you post? You are worried about your fkg gas!
But . . . I will respond you:

Firstly, Argentina, was the 7th richiest country of the world, not the 10th or 13rd.
Chile will surely not see that position in its own history.
I dont care about the gas . . . My god! We are talking about SA skyline.chileans are worried about the gas . . . ok, produce gas, haha.
The economic crisis exists, but Argentineans dont suffer it as the rest of the world. The projects are not cancelled or put off. You Costanera center is stopped, what happened wealthy chile?

Anyway, I dont want to have problems for a childish disscusion where there is no other person besides me.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM   #429
kaiser_conce

Likes (Received): 1688

Quote:
Where is the architectural topic in you post? You are worried about your fkg gas!
But . . . I will respond you:

Firstly, Argentina, was the 7th richiest country of the world, not the 10th or 13rd.
Chile will surely not see that position in its own history.
I dont care about the gas . . . My god! We are talking about SA skyline.chileans are worried about the gas . . . ok, produce gas, haha.
The economic crisis exists, but Argentineans dont suffer it as the rest of the world. The projects are not cancelled or put off. You Costanera center is stopped, what happened wealthy chile?

Anyway, I dont want to have problems for a childish disscusion where there is no other person besides me.
sorry but you look like a troll
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:35 PM   #430
YYC

stop fighting *******s.

may be in that way you understand
YYC no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:52 PM   #431
YYC

Santiago skyline from de "inside"

YYC no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2009, 09:15 PM   #432
JmB & Co.

Likes (Received): 461

Buenos Aires has not only one "skyline", so you will see at least 3 different sceneries along this gallery.

Ok, lets go to the photos . . .

Old July 3rd, 2009, 10:21 PM   #433
tj_alan90alan
Screw the Fuel Economy!

Quote:
Buenos Aires has not only one "skyline", so you will see at least 3 different sceneries along this gallery.

Ok, lets go to the photos . . .

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G PICZ!!

i like this one :

i really don't understand why bs as is loosing in poll.. .. , may be cause there's a lot of envy against bs as..

Last edited by tj_alan90alan; July 3rd, 2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 10:24 PM   #434
felipevarig787
Barueri hoje Dubai amanha

Likes (Received): 2

Check Out

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchelllo View Post
Bom queridos, hoje decidi fazer um passeio pela marginal do Rio Pinheiros e registrar as minhas impressões sobre o novo skyline da cidade.

Espero que gostem!

Ual.............and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo Guidotti View Post
Esse foi o trajeto que fizemos: Teve forista que desistiu no meio! hehehehe

Algumas fotos deste ótimo encontro!:

image hosted on flickr

That's a Skyline.
felipevarig787 no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2009, 10:40 PM   #435
sebvill
Mr.Br*gthside

Likes (Received): 18011

Nice Sao Paulo. Indeed that city has lots of tall buildings, although I think it needs a tall-nice-iconic one in the middle of Berrini. For me Paulista Avenue and the city centre still look better than Berrini.

(Try to avoid repeated pictures in a same post).
sebvill está en línea ahora  
Old July 3rd, 2009, 10:42 PM   #436
sebvill
Mr.Br*gthside

What about the other great Brazilian cities? do they have any nice skyline that outstands in their concrete jungles??
Old July 3rd, 2009, 10:57 PM   #437
sebvill
Mr.Br*gthside

Brazilian Power

Salvador
image hosted on flickr

Porto Alegre
image hosted on flickr

Florianopolis

Rio de Janeiro

Fortaleza
Old July 3rd, 2009, 11:17 PM   #438
UrbanO!
Piñera 2010-2014

Quote:
My god!! What a non-sense thread!

You can easily realize that Buenos Aires have no comparisson here in SA.
It is not only about the present . . . the skyline and the architecture of a city is made through history.

When Buenos Aires had the tallest skyscraper in the southern hemisphere, by the 1930s, there was no other "CITY" in Sa, well Sao P. has always been an architecural disaster for me.

Santiago has no history, but a very limited present. A mean, we agree that Santiago has a beautiful architectural general concept. But, is has no IDENTITY. Its a copy of the American architecture. There I saw a cheap copy of the Chrisler Building. Its a very modern city, but the "nice" area has few metres. In few blocks there is nothing more to see.

South America = Buenos Aires . . . Sp may be too.

Yeah, you say that when B. Aires is the cheap copy of Paris (is not even look like Paris).
Old July 3rd, 2009, 11:18 PM   #439
UrbanO!
Piñera 2010-2014

Ok, sorry for all that.

Nice pictures.
Old July 4th, 2009, 12:34 AM   #440
tj_alan90alan
Screw the Fuel Economy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanO! View Post
Yeah, you say that when B. Aires is the cheap copy of Paris (is not even look like Paris).
lol.. its not a copy.. the people who made the buildings on buenos aires.. they were european people.. so.. its original .. but obviously its not paris.. its buenos aires..

can't you learn a few things of history before talking?..

and stop it.. buenos aires it's not a copy of paris , and santiago isn't copy of usa .. they are both one of the best cities in latam.. so.. keep putting pics..

Closed Thread